Lucky A.R.M.Y.

BTS Stories (2020 - Updated!)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Title:  Lucky A.R.M.Y.

Author: hangarianne

Characters: Taehyung (V) / Dayanalis (OC)

Requested by: Boricuaasiatica

Disclaimer: This is a BTS fan fiction originally written by hangarianne. Any similarities to real-life persons, situations, places, etc. are coincidental. No copyright infringement intended.

-------------------------------------------------------

I awkwardly fiddled with my fingers as I waited for my date to arrive. I've actually been waiting for an hour already but that's because I was too excited and I arrived an hour earlier than planned.

"Would you like me to refill your glass with water, Ma'am?" I look up to see the waiter smiling with a pitcher of ice cold water in his hands.

I smile sweetly, "Yes, please. Thank you." After he left, I grabbed the glass and started drinking all of its contents. Maybe it's because I'm too nervous that I'd do anything just to distract myself. In the past hour, I've been pinching myself to check if I'm dreaming or not; not to mention the fact that I've been bugging my friend, asking her if all of this is real.

----------------------------------------------------

"Hey, are you sure he's coming?" I ask anxiously.

"Yes, he will. He told me he will and Taehyung doesn't go against his words."

"But what if he starts thinking that it's weird to go on a date with some stranger? What if he thinks I'm a sasaeng? What if I scare him because I’m weird? What if he doesn’t like a pale woman with freckles? What if he doesn’t like black hair? Or brown eyes? What if he thinks my height is—"

"Stop worrying, Dayanalis. Taehyung doesn’t go around judging people just like that. Besides, you’re beautiful and I’m sure he’d think the same way.”

“But what if he ditches me?”

“You heard our conversation the other day, right? With your decent Korean language skills, I'm sure you were able to understand part of what we talked about – date, with my friend, this coming Saturday. And you heard what he said in Korean, 'Sure, I'll go'; so stop being such a worry wart."

"...You're right," I sigh over the phone. My friend works as a coordi noona for BTS and she's good friends with the boys. They won't lie to her, right? Taehyung oppa won't do that, right?

"Now, if you want a second date, you better look good tonight and impress him with your personality."

"Okay... thank you for this, unnie."

"You owe me big time so don't screw up."

----------------------------------------------------

I was halfway through drinking when a man clad in what seemed like a school uniform approaches the table. I almost choked on the water and he quickly ran to my side, rubbing soothing circles on my back.

"A-are you okay? D-Dayanalis...?" He said in English with his deep husky voice.

"Y-yes... thank you." He hands me a table napkin and I use it to wipe the water near my mouth carefully so as to not to smudge my lipstick.

When he’s sure I'm okay, he finally sits across me and an awkward staring contest commences. It didn't take long though for we both became embarrassed and looked down on our hands.

 

After what seemed like an eternity, he finally speaks up in cute broken English, "Ah, I'm Taehyung. It's nice to meet you, Dayanalis. Hope you don't... mind. From photoshoot, wearing this." He points at his clothes, explaining why he was wearing such – which I didn't really mind.

"괜찮아요. 아... 너무 잘생겼어요... (It's okay. Ah... You’re very handsome.)" We both blushed at my words and I covered my face in embarrassment. I couldn't believe that I just said that; I'm usually shy and awkward when meeting new people and I'm surprised at myself for being so... honest.

"Don't. Beautiful, show face." I look up to see him gesturing at me to look at him. With red cheeks, I do so and smiled at him. I can't screw up... I tell myself. I can't be like this.

"You're friends with Alice noona?"

"Y-yes."

"First time introduce friend," Taehyung oppa stops probably thinking of how to say what he wants in English.

"I... I can understand some Korean, you can use Korean words when we talk," I inform him.

Hearing this, he smiles and says, "Still try English."

'Oh my god, he's such a gentleman!!! He's so thoughtful!' I scream inside my head while on the outside, I looked calm and composed.

I was going to ask Taehyung oppa about the other members when the waiter approaches and asks us if we wanted to order anything. Not knowing what to order, Taehyung oppa asks me what I prefer to eat – pasta, seafood, chicken or meat. I answer and he excitedly points at the picture of a certain dish on the menu, telling me it tastes great and he thinks I'd love it.

As long as I'm with him, I know I will...

After taking our orders, the waiter leaves and Taehyung oppa starts asking me questions about me. At first, it was all awkward and I was a little hesitant at revealing things about myself for fear of saying something he might not like; but seeing how excited and interested he was, I quickly warmed up to him. The unease before is now long gone and Taehyung oppa and I are like longtime friends laughing and happily chatting away. While I'm happy with how our date is turning out, at the back of mind, I'm worrying if there's any chance he'd like me. Any fangirl would want to date her bias, right?

"Is something wrong?" My thoughts are interrupted by Taehyung oppa's worried voice. I guess I've been too preoccupied that I barely noticed the food is now served in front of us.

I laugh awkwardly and tell him in Korean, "I'm okay; something just crossed my mind. Sorry."

He smiles, "Okay. Vamos a comer! (Let’s eat!)" Such simple words but they had me smiling like an idiot. How did he know Spanish?

----------------------------------------------------

After dinner, he takes me to a skating rink he's rented – a place I didn't expect to visit on a first date. My inner fangirl happily rolls around on a bed of rose petals, celebrating the luckiest and happiest day of my life. Just what could go wrong? Is there still anyone who could ruin this date?

 

Surprisingly, Taehyung oppa knows how to skate and he tries to teach me. Though I'm a quick learner and I think I could already skate on my own, I pretended to slip now and then so he'd hold my hand and guide me.

'In case there's no second date, at least this will still be memorable,' I told myself.

Not paying attention, I accidentally slip – for real this time –  bringing Taehyung oppa down with me. With his fast reflexes, he manages to flip us and I fall on top of him.

Like in the movies, we stare at each other's eyes before finally feeling uneasy and rising from our position.

"Are you alright? Are you hurt?" he asks.

I shake my head and give him a thumb up but he doesn't seem convinced. He steps closer and brushes away a few strands of my hair from my face.

"D-did oppa do something?"

"N-no..."

"왜? (Why?)" He brushes his thumb against my cheek and I realize I am crying.

Panicking, I wiped my tears and bowed before scurrying off. He runs after me and manages to grab my arm but I pushed him away.

No... I should just wake up from this dream...

"Dayanalis!"

I run towards a busy street knowing he can't follow me there. After making sure I've lost

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter