Thank You

BTS Stories (2020 - Updated!)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Title:  Thank You

Author: hangarianne

Characters: BTS (main: Jimin / Jungkook)

Requested by: n/a

Disclaimer: This is a BTS fan fiction originally written by hangarianne. Any similarities to real-life persons, situations, places, etc. are coincidental. No copyright infringement intended.

 A/N:   This is not so I hope you will take time to read this. Even if you don’t ship JiKook, please do read this oneshot because you don’t even need to ship them for you to enjoy this (I think). Okay? :) alright. Enjoy guys ^^

-------------------------------------------------------

 

August 2015

 

"Hyung, you're so handsome!"

Jungkook tries but fails to keep himself from laughing. Jimin squints his eyes at the maknae and asks, "Yah, did you do something again? What is it this time?"

The youngest continues laughing, "Nothing!"

The orange-haired male checks behind him to see if his phone's missing and feels a sense of relief seeing the rectangular gadget on the table.

"My phone's here so I can assume this has nothing to do with it." Jimin pauses for a while and gasps when a realization hits him, "Did you break the luggage again?"

"Nooooo!" Jungkook answers, still laughing.

The older of the two grabs the other's arm lightly, threatening to hit him if he doesn't tell Jimin the truth.

"You won't be able to do it~" Jungkook teases his hyung. He clutches his stomach as it starts to hurt from too much laughing.

"Then why are you complimenting me all of a sudden?"

"I want to know your response."

"Response?" Jimin takes the empty seat across the maknae.

"Yeah. How will you respond... what will you say," the younger male explains, this time no longer laughing at his hyung. His eyes remains fixed on the orange-haired boy in front of him who slowly smiles at him.

"Thank you."

Jungkook throws his fist up in victory then high fives Jimin. "Thank you, hyung! You do look handsome though."

The older male looks at the staff filming them. "What's wrong with him?"

"He just completed a mission," the staff informs him.

Jimin bursts into laughter and so does Jungkook. "This kid!" The former pinches the maknae's cheeks.

"I'm handsome, huh? Then you are too cute!"

"Hyungggg!!!" Jungkook whines as he tries to remove his hyung's hands from his face.

Jimin doesn't budge however and enjoys himself.

'This kid... if not for you, I'd still be crying myself to sleep.'

-------------------------------------------------------

 

Flashback

 

"Hello, my name is Park Jimin."

The black-haired boy from Busan bowed his head nervously. In response, the six boys in front of him bowed as well and greeted him though the one at the far right didn’t seem too excited to see him.

"So everyone," their manager hyung butted in feeling the slight unease between the members, "Jimin is the seventh and last member of Bangtan. Please be nice to him and I hope all of you will get along."

Without waiting for a response, the group's manager left and a boy who had black hair and was thin and slightly tanned (compared to Jimin and the other pale skinned lad) approached the new member of the group.

"Hi, I'm Taehyung. Kim Taehyung. I think my stage name will be V. I'm a 95 liner like you so I think we'll get along well."

Jimin stared at the boy in front of him. "Y-you know I'm born in 1995?"

"Yeah," another boy interjected. Among the members, he seemed the funniest and the most outgoing and he gave off the 'ball of sunshine' vibe. "We were given a copy of your profile before you arrived. I'm Jung Hoseok. You can call me Hoseok or Hobi."

"Hobi?"

"His stage name will be J-Hope and he's born in 1994 like Namjoon hyung," Taehyung answered in behalf of his hyung.

"Nice to meet you, Hobi hyung!" Jimin said with a smile, making his eyes turn into crescents.

"And I'm Kim Namjoon or Rap Monster." Another boy introduced himself followed by two more.

"I'm the eldest, Kim Seokjin or Jin for short. And this is Yoongi," the boy with broad shoulders said while pointing to another lad who Jimin thought was probably the same height as him.

"Sup. I'm Min Yoongi. Suga. 93 liner," the boy of small stature said lazily but with so much... swag.

 

As more people gathered around him, Jimin felt a bit embarrassed at the attention he was getting. He looked to his right to ask Taehyung for help but the latter was nowhere to be found.

"I know you're shy but you should introduce yourself too. He's going to be your hyung."

Everyone turned to the direction of the voice and found Taehyung lightly gripping the maknae by the ear. He brought the youngest in front of Jimin and commanded, "Come on Seagull, introduce yourself."

'Seagull? Is that his stage name?' Jimin thought it was a funny name but it also reminded him of his hometown.

"H-Hello. I'm Jeon Jungkook." The boy bowed and Jimin automatically did the same.

"Are you from Busan too?" The older boy asked, making the younger glance at him.

"Yes."

"So that's why they call you Seagull!" Jimin chuckled and the hyungs found it cute that he suddenly became confident while the maknae was acting shy.

"Don't... call me that, J-Jimin hyung."

"Wow he called you hyung," Yoongi uttered in surprise.

"Enjoy while you can. Maknae can be pretty naughty sometimes," Taehyung informed Jimin while patting the youngest's head.

"Can we practice dance now?" Jungkook asked in an effort to change the topic.

"Right!" Hoseok clapped his hand. "I heard that in addition to being lead vocalist, you'd be part of the dance line with me and Jungkook. Let's see your moves."

"O-okay," Jimin responded as he started warming up. The other members went to the side to watch their new member while Hoseok used their practice room computer to search for a nice music to dance along to.

-------------------------------------------------------

"You were great!" Taehyung praised Jimin as the latter approached the empty seat next to him.

"Thanks," the other responded, blushing a bit because of the compliments the others were throwing at him.

 

Once everyone calmed and the room became quiet, Namjoon spoke, "Mr. Son will come by tomorrow to teach us new moves so I think we should rest well today to prepare for a long and hard day tomorrow."

Jimin turned to their leader, "But it's only 3pm. Isn't it too early to rest?"

"Looks like we've got ourselves another hardworking team member," Jin pointed out with a smile. "We'll put your hardwork and dedication into good use, Jimin. For now, you should settle into your shared room with Jungkook. Once we start practicing, you'd barely have time for yourself."

"You'd see your room only twice a day; once in the morning and once at night or the wee hours. It depends. If you love sleeping in a bed, t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter