It’s Complicated

BTS Stories (2020 - Updated!)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Title:  It’s Complicated

Author: hangarianne

Characters: Jin / Ali (OC)

Requested by: magma

Disclaimer: This is a BTS fan fiction originally written by hangarianne. Any similarities to real-life persons, situations, places, etc. are coincidental. No copyright infringement intended.

A/N: Okay, since this is a oneshot, this is kinda fast-paced especially for this kind of plot but try to imagine that the characters have been going through whatever they are going through for quite some time now, okay? LOL. Here we go~

-------------------------------------------------------

Ali's POV

 

"Oh. My. God!" Jin squeals. He takes my phone and gazes at the topless photo of Alex Pettyfer currently displayed on the screen. "Aliiiii, he's so hot~"

I simply smiled at him. There's this mixed feeling again. I feel happy that Jin's comfortable around me. He's your typical closet gay. He acts manly in front of other people but when it's just us, he probably acts more feminine than me. The other feeling? Disappointment. It's such a waste that someone as handsome and perfect as Jin is gay. I have nothing against homouals - they're fun, actually - but I can't help but think this way. Why? Because the stupid me is in love with him. Amazing, right? Not really.

 

"Ali, look--" Jin's phone suddenly rings and he clears his throat before answering the call with his usual manly voice. "Kat? What's up?"

I pretended not to care but I was actually trying to listen to their conversation - or at least to what Jin is saying over the phone.

"Mmm. Okay. I see. Alright, I'll tell Ali. Bye."

Tell me what? Is he finally going to confess? Oh my gosh, are they dating? Noooooo!

"Ali?" Jin waves his hand in front of my face, interrupting my thoughts. "Did you hear what I just said?"

I awkwardly scratch the back of my neck and laughed. "Uhh... no. Sorry. Haha."

Jin sighs and pinches my cheeks. "You should be thankful for this cute face of yours or I would've gotten mad at you for spacing out."

Cute? What? I laughed again and avoided his gaze, silently hoping he won't notice I'm blushing like hell. "Eww. Straight guys say that to girls; you're not straight."

He chuckles, "Right."

"So what were you telling me earlier?" I face him again now that I've diverted his attention and I've recomposed myself.

"Oh yeah. Kat said tomorrow's outreach activity will still push through. We'll be taking care of toddlers."

"Oh. Then I guess you should head home now. We need to rest; you know how difficult it is to handle kids."

"I'll pick you up tomorrow or...?"

"Stop acting like a man, Jin, it makes me cringe," I lie.

He laughs and answers back, "I was just trying it out. You know, I'd like to know how it's like to be all manly like this."

"Whatever. Just go."

"Fine, Ms. Grumpy." Jin stands and heads for the door, with me following behind. I was too busy spacing out again that I bumped into his chest when he suddenly turned around.

"Oops. Sorry!" He rubs my nose but I swat his hand away. "Tss. You're so grumpy." He pouts at me but I just raised my eyebrows at him.

"Anyway..." He leans in and kisses me on the cheek. "Nighty night, Ali."

I bit my lip and simply smiled. I couldn't speak. I refused to open my mouth for fear that I'd be all giddy in front of him. If he finds out I like him, it'd be the death of me.

~~~~~~~

I must've been standing by the door for a good fifteen minutes now. I'm still biting my lip and my hand is still resting on the doorknob.

Is he gone? He must've left already, right?

I carefully peaked outside my unit and found the hallway empty. Coast is clear! Yes! I closed the door, ran for my room then jumped on my bed.

Burying my face on my favorite pillow, I finally let go of everything I've been hiding. I squealed and squealed until my throat and head both hurt.

He kissed me! He called me cute! Oh my godddddd!

I punched and kicked the mattress, my pillows, basically anything within my reach. By the time I finished 'spazzing' over Jin, my throat hurts like hell and my body's sore. If not for my same age neighbor knocking on my door checking up on me, I would've continued 'til dawn. Yes, that's how much I like Jin.

-------------------------------------------------------

Jin's POV

 

The next day...

While waiting for my co-workers, I randomly scrolled through my Facebook, reading just whatever my friends posted or shared. In the process, I chance upon a new profile picture of Ali. In the photo, she poses happily beside Jungkook, who looks so happy with his arm circled around her shoulders.

The longer I stared at their photo, the more this weird feeling grew. I can't tell for sure but if I were to make a wild guess... I'd say I'm jealous. Jungkook is hot as and this woman got to pose with him for a photo?! Then again, is that really the reason? I'm not very certain, to be honest...

"Oh, so you saw their photo, too?" Kat suddenly appears beside me. "Why do you look so... displeased?"

"What?"

She giggles as she points out, "Look at your face, Jin. You look like you just saw something unpleasant." She stops for a second before continuing, shock evident on her face, "Oh. My. God. Are you jealous, Jin?!"

"What? Hell no. I'm better than that Jungkook guy. Look at that hand," I rant as I show her the photo, "What man does that? I mean, they're not even a couple and he does that to her."

"Listen to yourself, Jin. Tell me, are you sure you're homoual?"

"What?" Maybe I'm too preoccupied I couldn't process what Kat is trying to tell me. Aside from Ali, she knows my secret too and she knows damn well I got the hots for Jungkook.

"What do you mean?" I ask again. Kat opens to speak but closes it again when Jungkook and Ali arrive. Speak of the devil, huh?

"'Morning," Jungkook greets as he pats Kat and I on our shoulders. Usually, I get all giddy when we share whatever kind of skinship. But right now, my blood's boiling and I feel like punching him on the face and I don't even understand why.

"Oh, you came together?" Kat asks, trying to sound lively. I'm probably channeling negativities right now and everyone can sense it so she's trying to liven up the mood.

"Yeah," Ali answers curtly.

"I picked her up," Jungkook continues for her before turning to me. "You okay, bro? You don't look like your usual happy self."

'Because you're here', I answer in my mind. "Slept late last night," I lie as I fake a laugh.

"Well, we better start early so we can finish early." Jungkook says as he again taps my shoulder.

Right. Let's go and get your face out of my sight.

~~~~~~~

The outreach activity went well despite the weird feeling I've been dealing with. I spent most of my time with Kat while Ali hanged out with Jungkook. It was cute seeing Ali have fun with the kids. However, Jungkook had to ruin the view and stuck to her the whole time, they looked like a couple with their children.

 

As I turned in for the night, I thought of the conversation I had with Kat earlier.

-Flashback-

I let out a really deep sigh as I took a seat beside Kat who was just watching the kids play tag.

"What's bothering you?"

I turn to her and she looks at me with so much concern. I want to tell her everything I'm going through but I'm scared of what she'd say.

Working with her for so many years, I've come to know her as the type who says whatever is in her mind. She tells you what she genuinely thinks of a situation and more often than not, she's right. I'm afraid that she'll point out something I'm trying to deny.

"It's nothing," I tell her a few minutes after she asked the question. I stare down at my hands, avoiding both her gaze and the sight of Jungkook and Ali running around with the children.

She chuckles as she pats my head. "You're jealous, aren't you?"

"No," I defend almost immediately.

"

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter