Birthday Wish

BTS Stories (2020 - Updated!)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Title:  Birthday Wish

Author: hangarianne

Characters: Jungkook / Eunmi (OC)

Requested by: EunMi219

Disclaimer: This is a BTS fan fiction originally written by hangarianne. Any similarities to real-life persons, situations, places, etc. are coincidental. No copyright infringement intended.

A/N:  I’m sorry for taking too long to post this oneshot when I finished writing this weeks ago. Tbh, I wanted to proofread this but I ended up doing it in a hurry just so I can update now T3T Also, this was requested months ago so I’d like to apologize for that too. Like I always say, I will still finish all requests accepted so please don’t hate me if your request is still pending. Hopefully when I reopen the “request doors”, I’ll be able to do all the requests quicker ^^ For now, please enjoy this oneshot~

P.S. Jungkook’s bro’s name is made up ^^

-------------------------------------------------------

-------------------------------------------------------

 

"Kookie?" Eunmi waves her hand in front of her friend's face, the latter obviously spacing out.

"Oh, sorry. I was just thinking of something."

The lass pouts and playfully nudges the other's shoulder. "I've been talking here for ten minutes already and you weren't even listening?!"

"Sorry," Jungkook mutters again, avoiding his friend's gaze. Eunmi sees this and worriedly looks at him.

"Hey, are you mad at me?"

Jungkook quickly denies this, "Of course not! No."

"Then why are you acting like this?"

"What do you mean?"

"Well, you didn't want to meet during our short Christmas break and you're avoiding me right now."

Jungkook laughs it off and awkwardly pats Eunmi's head. "You're overthinking."

"Kookie--"

"Namjoon hyung!" Jungkook runs towards his hyung who is also on his way to school.

"You guys are early. Excited for school?" The older asks.

"Hey, wait up!" Jin shouts at them, dragging with him a big bag.

"What's that for, Jin oppa?" Eunmi asks as she walks over to help the boy.

"Oh, Mom asked me to bring you guys some cake along with the gifts she forgot to give you last Christmas."

"Cake! I love the cake she bakes!" Eunmi exclaims, making the other two turn to her.

"You're gonna get fat if you keep eating sweets," Namjoon teases.

"Oppa!" Eunmi playfully hits Namjoon's arm then turns to Jin. "Am I fat, oppa? Am I?"

"Of course not," Jin chuckles.

"What do you think, Kookie?" Eunmi asks.

As their gazes met, Jungkook's eyes widen but he quickly looks away. "N-No. You're not fat."

'You're beautiful and you always will be', he wanted to say but did not have the courage to do so.

-------------------------------------------------------

"Is something bothering you?" Jimin asks as he takes a seat beside the brunette.

Eunmi turns to him and nods before pointing at Jungkook who is seated in front beside Taehyung.

"What about Kookie?" The orange-haired boy inquires. He rests his cheek on his palm, using his elbow to prop his arm up.

Eunmi sighs deeply. "He's been avoiding me."

"But didn't you come to school together?"

"Yeah but..." the brunette glances at the black-haired boy in front before continuing, "He acts weird."

"Maybe he's been hanging out with Taehyung too much," Jimin laughs but stops as soon as he notices Eunmi's serious face. "How weird? What weird?"

"He looks away most of the time and he's not his usual talkative and funny self."

 

Eunmi hates it whenever the boys team up and make fun of her but with how her bestfriend Jungkook's behaving, she'd rather be teased than be ignored.

Hearing no response, Eunmi asks Jimin, "So what do you think? Is he mad at me or what?"

"Nah." The boy lightly flicks the girl's forehead adding, "He will never get mad at you. He can't."

Eunmi wanted to ask what the other meant but Jimin already went back to his seat when their teacher arrived and greeted the class.

'Great, now I'm even more confused,' the brunette tells herself.

 

Ms. Park starts her lecture. "If you could open your books to where we left off please..."

Eunmi takes her book from her bag and while she's reaching for it, someone throws a small crumpled piece of paper that lands near her right foot. She looks around and sees Jimin smile at her before turning his attention back at their teacher.

Careful not to get caught, Eunmi unfolds the paper and reads its contents. It read: "Stop worrying. You'll find out soon."

And Eunmi hopes she does. Sooner.

-------------------------------------------------------

Jungkook's weird behavior went on for the next few days, frustrating Eunmi even more. With her birthday fast approaching, she wants to patch things up with her friend but doesn't know how because she doesn't know what she did in the first place.

 

"Jimin, Taehyung, help me please."

"We're kind of busy, sorry," Taehyung answers without looking back.

Eunmi chases them. "Hey, are you mad at me too? I'm sorry! Just tell me what I did and I'll apologize properly."

She feels her tears threatening to spill and a huge lump forms in but Eunmi swallows it and takes a deep breath, forcing herself to hold back her tears. 'I am not crying over this. No. I will not use tears to fix this,' she tells herself.

"You should go home, Mimi. Aren't you tired? We can talk tomorrow." Taehyung finally turns to her but his face shows no hint of what he's actually feeling.

"Jimin."

The orange-haired boy glances at her but says nothing.

"You told me not to worry, right? How can I not when you guys are acting like this? Even Namjoon oppa, Jin oppa, Hoseok oppa and Yoongi oppa are avoiding me. What did I do?"

Jimin tells her, "I told you not to worry and that's what you should do."

"But tomorrow's--"

"Bye."

The boys turn around and walk off, leaving an even more puzzled and hurt Eunmi behind.

"But tomorrow's my birthday..." she whispers, her voice shaking.

Finally giving in, Eunmi bites her lip as tear flowed down her cheeks. With her head hanging low, she walks away from the school gates and down an alley, away from people's eyes.

'What did I do to deserve this?'

-------------------------------------------------------

"Good morning unnie!" Eunji jumps on Eunmi's bed, waking the latter. The older rubs her eyes and glances at the small kid who's now standing at the foot of her bed.

"Morning!" Eunji beams at her sister.

A small smile creeps into Eunmi's face as she greets back though in a less lively manner. "Morning."

Her little sister quickly notices and moves closer. "Unnie, are you okay?"

The older of the two nods but remains silent.

"Ah I know!" Eunji takes out a card from her pocket. She hands it

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter