The Bet

BTS Stories (2020 - Updated!)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Title:  The Bet

Author: hangarianne

Characters: J-Hope / You (Reader)

Disclaimer: This is a BTS fan fiction originally written by hangarianne. Any similarities to real-life persons, situations, places, etc. are coincidental. No copyright infringement intended.

~~ This is a ‘you’ story!

-------------------------------------------------------

"Park Jimin!" You ran to your friend and circled your arm around his.

Namjoon and Jin turn their heads to look at you and the former whispers, "I'm betting 25,000₩, those two will end up together."

Jin argues, "Nah. Jimin is gay for Jungkook and Taehyung. He won't date her. Besides, they've been friends for who knows when; if Jimin liked her, he would've already pursued her."

You shake your head at them and say, "Why bother whispering when we can hear you from here?"

The duo simply laughs and goes back to doing their business. "You can transfer the money to my account," Namjoon tells Jin as he goes back to his cubicle.

 

Finally realizing the position you are in, Jimin jumps at the sudden skinship and escapes from your grip. "Eww, too close," he tells you as he holds out the palm of his hands signaling you to stop and not come closer.

You smile impishly and take a step forward. He takes a step backward. "I said stop."

"Why~ Are you afraid Namjoonie will win the bet?"

He ignores your question and insists, "Don't come near me."

You grin and shrug your shoulders. "Alright." You turn around and keep talking, "Ah, Jiminie, you're too cute. This is why I love teasing you."

He mumbles something incoherently and you jokingly tell him, "Yeah, I love you too."

You glance at him and he's looking at you with wide eyes. Not wanting him to get the wrong idea, you quickly countered, "It was a joke, silly!"

He avoids your eyes and turns his back at you. "Yeah, everything you say and do are jokes." He sounded hurt but you dismissed the thought.

You felt bad making fun of him especially since you know he used to like you. ‘But he said he’s over me already that’s why we’re close like this...’ you tell yourself. ‘Weirdo.’

-------------------------------------------------------

After your late afternoon meeting, you rushed back to your office only to find out that Jimin has already left despite making a promise to accompany you to a small get-together with college friends.

You wanted Jimin to go with you as your date since all the other girls have boyfriends and you didn't want to be the odd one out. He's the only male friend you have and you know he won't disappoint you. Well that's what you thought.

"Tss... What, did he take my joke seriously? He can kid around and I can’t do the same thing?" You mumble to yourself as you arranged your things. You realized that maybe he acted the way he did earlier because he knows Namjoon and Jin were watching you and the situation you placed him in was kind of embarrassing. ‘Still...’

"Why the long face?" You turn around to see Hoseok smiling you. He rests his chin on your cubicle's divider and stares at you.

"None of your business," you say without looking.

"Why are you so grumpy? You shouldn't frown like that, it ruins your beauty."

You glare at Hoseok. He's been hitting on you since he transferred to your unit and it's driving you nuts. You hate flirts and men who think that they're such a great catch (when they aren't) because they remind you of your ex-boyfriend Yoongi who cheated on you and justified his act because he's "too hot and hard to resist".

"Leave me alone, Jung Hoseok." You snap at him and walked out.

"Jimin asked me to accompany you to your get together. You need a date, right?"

You stop on your tracks and turn your head to look at him. "What did you say?"

"Jimin left and asked me to come in his behalf. You're supposed to meet your friends in an hour, right?"

You curse at Jimin in your mind. 'How could he tell Hoseok of all people? He could've asked someone else if he's angry and he doesn't want to see me.'

You were too immersed in your thoughts that you barely noticed that the dark-haired man is already standing next to you. "Let's go." Hoseok grabs your wrist and you make your way towards the elevator.

You take your hand back and snap at him, "I'm not going. Thank you for your concern."

Just as Hoseok is about to say something, your phone rings and you had no choice but to take the call after seeing your bestfriend's name displayed on the screen.

"Sofia?"

"Where the hell are you? You made a promise! Bring that cute redhead with you."

"I... I have something to do--" you lie but Hoseok suddenly butts in, "Hi. We're on our way now."

"Who was that? Is that him?"

"No, no. Sofia, I really have--"

"Come or it's friendship over."

You tried to argue but your friend has already ended the call. "Why is everyone cutting me off?" You say loudly as you put your phone away in your pocket.

Hoseok looks at you and motions for you to enter the elevator, "You heard her."

You sigh as you enter the lift. 'I guess I have no choice...'

On your way to the lobby, you think of Jimin. 'How could he ditch me? Now I'm stuck with this guy. Tss.'

-------------------------------------------------------

"You're here! The others are running a little late but they'll be here soon."

You awkwardly stand by the door of the private room Sofia reserved for the occasion. Seeing that her boyfriend didn't tag along, you're starting to regret bringing Hoseok with you. 'I should've asked first. I'm so stupid...'

"So did you bring the redhead-- oh my! Hi!" Sofia beams at someone behind you. You make a mental note to kick Hoseok later before turning to face him with a fake big smile.

"Hi, I'm Jung Hoseok," he offers your frie

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter