Sacrifice

BTS Stories (2020 - Updated!)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Title:  Sacrifice

Author: hangarianne

Characters: Namjoon / You (Reader) / Seokjin

Disclaimer: This is a BTS fan fiction originally written by hangarianne. Any similarities to real-life persons, situations, places, etc. are coincidental. No copyright infringement intended.

Note: This is a “you” story ^^

-------------------------------------------------------

 

Reader's POV / Your POV

 

"_____, will you marry me?"

The world stopped spinning the moment the words sunk into me. I couldn't breathe and my body stiffened as my brain slowly processed his words.

'Will you marry me,' I repeated the words in my head. 'He wants me to marry him,' I added. Unlike most bride-to-bes, I didn't jump in delight, didn't cry tears of joy nor did I feel excited to share the 'wonderful' news to my friends. Instead, I dreaded the future; I dreaded how to face the situation. What about Jin?

"_____?"

Namjoon's soft voice snapped me out of my trance. My once wet face had been dried and it slowly dawned on me that it was my boyfriend who wiped my tears for me, judging from the way he was cupping my face and his thumbs were resting just a bit past my cheekbones.

"Ah. I'm sorry. I was just surprised," I answered as I shifted away from his touch.

My feelings of shock had subsided and I was feeling more and more ashamed to even look at him in the eye. The once warm and romantic atmosphere had become tense and I knew Namjoon noticed something's wrong.

"_____?" He called out cautiously.

"I can't."

I looked at him in shock as soon as the words left my lips. I had intended to say 'yes' but without thinking, my real thoughts came out.

"...But why?"

I wanted to tell him everything; to spill out the truth but I couldn't bring myself to do so.

"I'm sorry." I fled the scene but not without sparing him another look. Namjoon knelt on the floor with his head down, his shoulders shaking. The view crushed my heart; I'd make him cry and I'd hurt him.

I'm sorry...

-------------------------------------------------------

-------------------------------------------------------

"He proposed to me," I weakly voiced out.

Noelle stopped typing on her laptop and turned her head to face my direction. "Who did what?"

I didn't answer; instead, I covered my face with a pillow, hoping maybe it would numb my senses.

"_____!" Without me knowing, Noelle had come closer and she picked up the pillow and lightly hit me with it. "Who did what?"

"Namjoon..." I said with my eyes closed, not wanting to show her my puffy eyes.

It's been a week since Namjoon proposed to me and I'd spent the past seven days crying every chance I got.

"You don't look happy; heck, you look awful!"

I laughed bitterly. "You don't even need to tell me. I feel awful and I know I look even worse."

My bed shifted a bit and I soon felt a warm hand caressing my hair. As if on cue, my tears streamed down the sides of my eyes and I began to shake. The pillow might have muffled my sobs but the movement alone gave out what I was going through.

"Is it still because of Jin?"

I didn't even need to answer. Of course she knew. She's my bestfriend after all.

-------------------------------------------------------

 

Jin's POV

 

"She had not bothered to call me after I proposed to her last week. We've been together for three years; does she not want to settle down with me yet? Is it too early to be talking about marriage?"

Overcame with mixed emotions of pain, confusion and frustration, Namjoon threw the shot glass on the floor, watching as the once solid crystal broke into smaller pieces as he laughed bitterly at himself.

"This is what _____ did to my heart when she rejected my proposal. It doesn’t look painful but it hurts much more than you can imagine," he weakly uttered.

I patted my friend's back as he cried. It hurt that _____ rejected Namjoon,  leaving him in so much pain but it also hurt thinking that they'd gotten this far; that they, or at least Joonie, had plans to marry.

"Namjoon..."

He faced me, giving me a good look at his tear-streaked face.

"I should've listened."

"What do you mean?"

Namjoon pointed to his chest, where his heart is. "To this."

I remained silent.

"And this," he added, pointing to his head.

Is he...? Does he...?

Namjoon sighed and hid his face on his hands. "I should've listened to my mind and heart. I should've waited."

-------------------------------------------------------

 

Namjoon's POV

 

Like the past few nights, I spent hours crying and reliving the happy days I shared with _____.

I was involved in a car accident five years ago and _____ was my personal nurse. Not being able remember those who were dear to me left me stressed and suffering and she stood by me while my rich parents cared for their business. _____ was always there for me so I thought she was someone special to me. However, when I asked her before we were lovers, she'd always tell me that she wasn't and that she's sure I liked

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter