Some Things Never Change

BTS Stories (2020 - Updated!)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Title:  Some Things Never Change

Author: hangarianne

Characters: Jimin / Jisoo (OC)

Requested by: i-heartMarkTuan

Disclaimer: This is a BTS fan fiction originally written by hangarianne. Any similarities to real-life persons, situations, places, etc. are coincidental. No copyright infringement intended.

-------------------------------------------------------

Jisoo's POV

"Someone's blushing!"

I elbow Yujin who is sitting beside me and glare at her. She giggles seeing me blushing then whispers, "You're so cute when your eyes met. You turned red in an instant!"

"Who said our eyes met?"

"Oh yeah? Then why did you look away like you were caught redhanded?"

"I... Can't I look away when I want to? And who said I was looking at him?"

 

"It's almost the end of the school year and your exams are a few weeks away. Let's try to stay focused, everyone."

I didn't dare look up when our teacher suddenly said those words.

"Why don't you try answering this math problem, ladies? Would you like to try, Jisoo?"

'Oh no.'

I glance at our teacher and find him staring directly at us. Everyone else is looking as well, including Jimin.

Mr. Kim motions for me to come forward. "Y-yes..." I glare at Yujin who smiles at me.

"Okay, class, Jisoo will discuss how to solve this equation."

I tried to keep a straight face while I panicked internally. I wasn't paying attention so surely, I wouldn't be able to solve this. I'm not Jimin who's super smart he probably has this solved in his mind already. The thought of him made me blush. 'Oh my gosh, he's watching and he probably thinks I'm stupid.'

"Jisoo?" Mr. Kim's voice interrupted my thoughts and I hopelessly stared at the board in front of me.

'Ah. Whatever.'

I started scribbling. I read the lesson in advance so I had a bit of idea on how to solve it. Then again... who in the world gets a math problem right just from self-study?

"I think I'm done, Sir."

Mr. Kim claps his hand and tells me, "You did a good job, Jisoo. You got it right." He smiles his sweet calming smile and speaks again, "Can you explain step-by-step how you got the answer?"

And I did. I kept myself from looking at Jimin, who was seated in front, the whole time but I think I felt him staring at me.

 

As soon as I'm done, I quickly made my way to my seat but accidentally tripped on Hoseok's bag. On his left was Jungkook suppressing a laugh and on his right was Jimin who stood up to help me stand back on my feet.

"T-thanks," I say without looking. I'm half thankful I had the tripping accident as an excuse for blushing like hell. Hadn't I tripped, people would know I'm blushing because of Jimin. 'HA. As if there'd be an interaction between us if that didn't happen.'

"Hoseok-sshi, please place your bag under your table; look at what happened."

"Yes, Sir. Sorry."

Jungkook snorts seeing Hoseok's scolded puppy look and disguises it like he's got a cough and he's clearing his throat.

"'Grats," Yujin grins at me as I sat back next to her.

I say nothing. I've decided to keep my mouth shut until class ends. ‘I've had enough embarrassing moments for the day.’

 

After the Math class incident, I asked Yujin to stop teasing me during class and we both agreed to behave and stay focused. She's having trouble with Math and she needs to focus or she won't be able to join us for our class' end of the year celebration – a trip to the amusement park.

"My Mom won't let me join if I fail Math class."

"That's why we need to focus."

"Alright. Will you help me? Or should I ask Jimin to join us? We could study together!"

I playfully hit her arm. "Not a chance." ‘That’s a lovely suggestion but I don’t think I’ll be able to focus if he’s with us.’

-------------------------------------------------------

"I am pleased to announce that everyone passed the exams and all of you got wonderful scores!" Mr. Kim claps happily like a kid and we all cheered hearing his announcement.

Yujin hugs me, tears of joy flowing down her cheeks. I smile at her but my eyes were on Jimin. From where I'm sitting, I could see him calmly taking the announcement. He had a small smile on his face while his friends – Taehyung, Hoseok and Jungkook vigorously shook his shoulders. The boys jumped up and down while he just laughed at them. Yoongi, as always, is just sleepy and doesn't really care much about the announcement.

Just then, Jimin looks behind him to look at the others. He scans the place and eventually settles his eyes on me. I immediately looked away but tried to steal another glance only to find him still looking and now smiling. I smiled back and turned to Yujin.

"So can I tease you again?" She asks with a big smile plastered on her face.

"Shut up."

She laughs as she hugs me again. "I love you, too, my dear bestfriend!"

-------------------------------------------------------

"Don't get lost, okay? Call me if something comes up."

"Yes, Sir!"

Mr. Kim was about to say something else but the others already ran and went to the rides of their choice. Our teacher shrugs it off and walks towards the carousel.

"He's probably waiting for Namjoon. NamJin is real," Hoseok whispers to Taehyung who is standing not far from me.

"Cute choice for a ride," Jungkook adds.

"Let's not focus on them. Let's go!" Yoongi puts an arm around Jimin's shoulder and the other on Jungkook's and they start walking.

"Wait up!' Hoseok winks at Yujin and mouths 'later' before grabbing Taehyung with him.

 

"Why do you look disappointed?"

I furrowed my eyebrows. "What?"

"Did you want to join them?" Yujin asks in a teasing way.

"Nope. Let's try the carousel."

"Eww, no. That's for kids."

"I see no park signs saying that," I say, putting my tongue out. "My choices for now then we'd ride the ones you like later."

"Fine."

-------------------------------------------------------

After an hour or two of riding 'less thrilling' rides a.k.a. family rides, Yujin finally speaks up, her voice full of excitement. "Time to try the rollercoaster, Jisoo-ya."

I wanted to protest but I made a promise so I was left with no other choice. ‘I hope I make it out alive.’

Even just the thought of the long and tall roller coaster scares me. I almost passed out the last time I rode it and I'm worried people from our class – especially Jimin – will laugh at me if they hear my screams.

"Don't scream like you're getting slaughtered, okay?"

"Like I can control that."

"Think of Jimin."

"Why him? He's not even here."

Yujin points a few meters away from us and voila! Jimin and his friends are lining up too.

‘Oh no.’ I wanted to turn back but we're next and Yujin grabbed my hand and tugged me towards the third row of the first train.

"Hurry up!"

I nervously sat on the car as we were fastened to the ride.

"Hi, Jisoo! Hello, Yujin!" Taehyung suddenly turns around and greets us.

"Oh, hi." We awkwardly smiled. Jimin, who was seated beside Taehyung didn't have time to greet us since the ride already started.

'Don't scream, Jisoo. Don't scream.'

 

As the train slowly ascended, I gripped on the over-the-shoulder restraints and prayed hard as I bit my lip to keep myself from letting out an ear-splitting screech.

"Woooh!" Jimin and Taehyung raise their arms when we reached the top of the first and highest drop.

"Open your eyes, Jisoo!" Yujin tells me.

I did and just in time as we dropped fast. I let out a high-pitched scream as we accelerated and went through loops and even more drops.

Yujin laughs seeing tears in my eyes and teases me, "You are such a coward, Jisoo!"

I wanted to glare at her, hit her arm and yell at her but I was too busy screaming my lungs out. 'Talk about embarrassing one's self in front of your crush. Well, more like behind. Haha.'

 

Walking was a struggle after the ride. I could feel my knees shaking and it felt like they'd give way any time. By now, Yujin is leading the way and I'm just tailing behind her. I feel a little uneasy knowing that Jimin and his friends are walking behind us. Maybe it's just my imagination but I feel like Jimin is staring at me like he's trying to bore a hole through me.

"Hey, Kim Jisoo, we're just starting! Come on, you cowardly slowpoke!"

Her teasing gives me strength and I catch up to her. I give her a hard smack on the arm as I complain, my voice almost like a whisper, "You didn't have to humiliate me!"

She chuckles and whispers back, "I'm just trying to keep his attention on you. You should see how he's been stealing glances at you."

I immediately turn red hearing this and I hit Yujin's arm again. "Shut up!"

"Good thing Jimin's got strong arms. You hit like a man!"

-------------------------------------------------------

For the next few hours, we lined up on various thrill rides including the inverted impulse rollercoaster and the pirate ship. By the time we were done with the last one, my throat is already hurting from too much screaming – not to mention that I'm getting tired lining up as well.

 

"I'll just change my clothes." Yujin informs me.

"Sure. Do you want me to hold your bag for you?"

"Su— ah, hmm... I think I'll take it with me. Wait here, okay?"

Then she disappears inside the restroom to change her wet clothes after riding the Log Jam Slide.

'What's wrong with her? Oh well.'

I shrugged it off and played with my phone to kill some time. I think I was having so much fun I didn't realize how much time has already passed until I felt my neck starting to hurt from having my head down for quite a while now.

'Where is she?' I dialed Yujin's phone number and waited for her to answer. The moment I raised my head to look around, I almost dropped my phone seeing Jimin just standing beside me, also playing with his phone. He looks up and locks eyes with me.

"Hey."

"H-Hey." I smile and he does the same. My heart starts to race and I break off the eye conta

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter