The Mischievous Kid She Loved Dearly

BTS Stories (2020 - Updated!)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Title:  The Mischievous Kid She Loved Dearly

Author: hangarianne

Characters: Suga / Mari (OC)

Requested by: LinkinOwl

Disclaimer: This is a BTS fan fiction originally written by hangarianne. Any similarities to real-life persons, situations, places, etc. are coincidental. No copyright infringement intended.

A/N: I’d like to apologize for two things: (1) Taking soooo longggg to post an update; and (2) posting this “so-so” oneshot in case this is not as good as the other oneshots I’ve written (if they were good to begin with). I’ve been really busy, lazy and stressed and until now, I still end up choosing sleep/rest over writing fanfics. I’m so sorry TT^TT I’ll try to be more active and post regularly but for now, I hope you’d try to understand :) I love you all ^^

-------------------------------------------------------

Mari's POV

 

"Sis, look at this!" My younger brother runs towards me and beams at me while holding a Gundam figurine.

I smile and mess up his hair, "Cool! Did someone at school give it to you?"

His smile fades and I see him hesitate.

"Mino?"

"Uhm..."

I studied his expression and I realized why he was hesitating. "Did Yoongi give it to you?"

My brother nods but avoids eye contact. "Sorry..."

I let out a sigh and pat his back. "You can keep it."

He peers up as if asking if he heard right and I simply smile at him. Finally, his face brightens up.

"You really know your way, don't you?" I tease.

Mino laughs and asks, ignoring my question, "Why do you hate Yoongi so much?"

I ignore his question as well as I say, "You should study. I will, too."

I turn away and head for my room. Who said I hate him?

 

Yoongi has been my long-time crush and by long-time, I mean since we were kids. His parents and mine are good friends since they were young too so they always hang out even now that they have their own families.

 

I first met Yoongi when we were four years old - or at least that's the earliest I can remember. He was snobbish at first but the more we hanged out, he slowly showed his mischievous side. He'd usually play pranks at me and make me cry then claim it was an accident when he gets scolded by our parents afterwards.

Despite him being a mischievous kid, I still ended up developing a crush at him. Naturally, I started distancing myself from him especially when we started to grow older. I didn't want to fool myself and think he makes fun of me because he likes me back.

Yoongi was persistent at first and kept on playing around but eventually grew tired of me pushing him away. He became more serious and quiet and we barely talked as we grew older.

It was nice at first not having to put up with his childish acts but as time passed, I started missing the way we joked and played around when we were younger. Back then, it seemed I was at center of his attention but things changed. We grew up and we grew apart.

-------------------------------------------------------

Risa: Oppa, you look so handsome in this photo!

Yoongi: Hehe thanks :)

Namjoon: Nice photo bro!

Hoseok: Whoa, more than a hundred likes and it hasn't been a day since you changed your profile photo!

Yoongi: Well... *shrugs*

Woori: Awww so handsome! Date me please!

 

Tch. I slammed my mouse and forcefully push it away from me.

You like the attention, don't you?

I stood up to get some water when Facebook alerted me of a new private message. I turned back to my laptop and found Yoongi's name with three new messages.

 

Yoongi: Hey. How are you?

Yoongi: Thanks for liking my pic

Yoongi: Our parents are going out of town this weekend. You coming?

 

Liked his photo? When did I...?

I checked again and found that I did like his picture. Ah, must've been when I slammed the mouse...

I debated within myself whether to unlike it or not but he's already seen it so I decided not to anymore.

Yoongi: Don't unlike it.

Ha. He just read my mind.

Yoongi: You gonna keep 'seenzoning' me?

I key in a response.

Mari: Not going

Yoongi: Why?

Mari: Sick. Gotta go and rest.

 

I closed the lid of my laptop without waiting for his response. I wasn't entirely making things up. Lately, I've been feeling weak and tired possibly from not resting enough. Our final examinations are starting soon and everyone's busy submitting various course requirements.

 

As I lie in bed, I thought of Yoongi and regret cutting him off earlier.

I wish we were still as close as when we were kids...

-------------------------------------------------------

Yoongi's POV

 

Mari: Sick. Gotta go and rest.

 

I tried to stop her but she's already gone offline. I reclined back on my chair and stared at the ceiling as I thought of her.

If she's not going, then I won't either.

 

I used to make fun of Mari when we were younger. I loved playing pranks on her but hated making her cry every time I did. I guess I was too mischievous back then and I regret it.

Unable to put up with my childish acts, Mari became distant and she started avoiding me – even after I promised to stop making fun of her. From always hanging out together, we barely talk now and even

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter