A MOTHER

IN THE RAIN

Mrs Bang walks down the stairs and stop in front of them. She stares at each one of them with her stern gaze. They keep in silence waiting for her to speak a word.

  '' All of you, I don't want you to be a big mouth. Keep this matter as a secret until you die. If I hear any outsiders that now this matter, I will find five of you first. Understand?''

They nod in silence.

  '' Omma.'' Yongguk walks down the stairs with a frown on his face. Mrs Bang walks away act like nothing happen.

  '' Hey, what's wrong? Why your face looks scared? Did my omma say anything?''

  '' Who doesn't scare with your omma. Even her silent features can make us feel like we are entering a ghost house.'' Youngje shrugs his shoulder and take a seat on the couch.

  '' What she says?'' He heaves a sigh before sits beside Daehyun.

  '' Nothing, just asking what we're doing here.''

  '' Just that?'' He doesn't satisfy with Himchan answer.

  '' How's she?'' Instead of answering Yongguk question, he asks about Iseul.

His question makes Yongguk heave a sharp breath, his mind full with assumptions. Too many assumptions, possibly his sister war by a drunk guy, or maybe because of revenge. Wait, is it a revenge? He does acknowledge that his mother did have many enemies. Being a heartless woman in business world can't help but to have many enemies. What if it is true? Damn. My sister was by unknown guy is a problem, also about my mom is another problem. What's wrong with her? Where is her motherly instinct? Her daughter is having a hard time, but what she has done? Nothing. Instead of being by her daughter's side, she spends her time in the office. Did she know that Iseul was having a nightmare last night? Did she embrace Iseul whenever she's afraid? Did she give Iseul something to eat? Did she sleep with her last night? No. She didn't do anything. She didn't do her duty as her mother, if dad still alive, I wonder what she will do. After our father died, she's changed, she no more a mother that we've known. There's no more a loving smile from her. All we got is her strict voice and less emotion face. She's controlling our live like we're her dolls. What is happening to my family?

Jongup wave his hand in front of Yongguk face, he lost in his deep thought.

  '' Hyung.''

Again Yongguk heave his breath.

  '' I wish I could turn back the time.''

  '' Your wish will never be happen, hyung. This is a time for your family to reunite again.''

  '' I hope so, Jongup-ah, but I don't think it will happen. She didn't take care of Iseul at all. What kind of mother is that?''

  '' Maybe she's still in shock. Give her some time.''

  '' Yeah, that's right, Yongguk-ah.''

  '' I don't think so, Himchan hyung. From what I see she'll never-''

  '' Stop it, Youngjae.'' Himchan cuts his words

  '' Maybe Youngjae is right. She's changed after our father died.''

  '' Maybe she should get married.'' Jongup suggest it like it's nothing, but too bad the other's can't understand it except for Junghong. He giggles with his Jongup hyung words.

  '' Our weird maknae, it's hard for us to understand them.''

  '' Let's not try to understand them.''

Both Youngjae and Himchan nodding their head.

In the corner, Daehyun sit in silence. He knows now is not the right time to  be playful or dorky.

  '' Anyone hungry?'' But he can't help for asking about food. He's been starving himself from last night, it's already past a lunch hour.

  '' Should we order a delivery? A hamburger?''

  '' Jongup, it's a lunch hour. No hamburger, okay.''

  '' Then, why not you go cook for us, Himchan hyung.''

  '' Let ask the maid for food.'' The cutie-pie Junhong suggest.

  '' I dare you.'' Youngjae says, without wasting a time Junhong gets up from his seat and walk to the kitchen, leaving Youngjae dumbfounded.

 

Each day passes by, but nothing is changing, Iseul still in her room, she's afraid to step out from her room. She feels her room is the safest place for her, every night she will get a nightmare, a same nightmare for every night. A dream about the pain of losing her ity to a stranger guy. Until now, Mrs Bang didn't let anyone make a police report about it, even Yongguk is fail trying to persuade her. His head hurt from this problem. He massages his eyebrows. Suddenly he can feel a pair of soft hand on his head massaging slowly. A smile formed on his lips, he knows whose hand it is. He leans on his chair comfortably, enjoy her soft hand moving delicately on his head, massaging the problem away. From his head, her hand moving down to his broad shoulder, he groans.

  '' Oppa, don't work too hard.''

She continues to massage him.

  '' It's for us.''

  '' I know, but-''

  '' Did you forget what she want from me? Also, I have already made a promise to your parents that I will take you as my wife. I'll do everything it takes to give you, to give us a peaceful life. I don't want she's bothering our life anymore. She wants me to prove to her that I can handle this company very well, so I've to show her. That's the only way she can allow us to get married. I don't have another choice.'' Yongguk grit his teeth trying to hold his anger.

  '' Oppa? What's wrong?''

  '' I hate her.''

  '' Oppa, you can't do that. She's your mother.''

He just laughs. She doesn't deserve the title.

  '' Mother? The title didn't belong to her, she doesn't deserve to be our mother.''

  '' What make you say that?''

  '' Jieun-ah, if your daughter having a hard time, what you will do?''

  '' Of course, being at her side.''

  '' That's the true mother will do, but not her. She didn't do anything for our Iseul. She didn't let me make a police report, all she does is a business.''

  '' How's Iseul? I wish I can go visit her, but I was forbidden in your house.''

  '' Nothing is changing, she still the same like the day we found her, it's already a month since the incident.''

  '' Is she taking her meal?''

  '' Nanny did give her a meal, but almost of the time she will decline it. She's starting to lose her weight. What should I do Jieun?''

Jieun lean on his table, she cupped his face with both of her hands, look into his eyes.

  '' Be strong, surrounded her with a warm feeling so she will feel less scared. If she couldn't get it from your mother, you're the responsible one that need give her that feeling. Always comfort her, it might take a much time for her to recover, but you as her only brother, don't stop from comforting her. I know you can do this, because you're a great brother.''

  '' Thanks babe.'' Yongguk take her both hand and bring it to his lips, gently kiss her hands.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

COMMENT&SUBSCRIBES

Sorry for the late update