ISEUL 1st DAY

IN THE RAIN

Knocking sound on his door before the door is open by aunt Sungah. Daehyun look up from his account book, he sighs.

'' Okay, I know you have a question for me and it is about Iseul.''

Aunt Sungah sit in front of him, waiting for him to continue his words.

'' Actually, I can't tell you the whole story as I have already promised to her to keep half of it as a secret. You might wonder why I am being over protective, it's because she is pregnant. I don't want anything bad to happen to her.''

'' Does her husband know that she will be working here?''

'' Does it matter?''

'' Of course, we talk about a wife and mother-to-be working in your restaurant. I don't want us to have an issue with her husband.''

Daehyun rub his face with both of his hands, he is in a dilemma, how he is going to tell aunt Sungah. He bites the corner of his lip, while thinking hard about it.

'' Daehyun.''

'' She. She doesn't have a husband.''

'' Oh my, she is a single mother. How about her parents?''

Again he tries to find an answer to the question.

'' Aunt, you don't have to worry about that. I know her family, me and her brother, we are close friends.''

'' If you said so, I think there will be no issue later.''

'' I hope so.''

'' I will leave you with your work.'' She said, walks to the door.

'' Aunt, thank you.''

'' Anything for you, my son.'' She said before close the door behind her.

 

At 10 pm, they arrive at home after a long day in the restaurant. Daehyun follows Iseul to the living room, they sit on the couch.

'' Are you tired?'' He asks Iseul.

'' No, it's not like me working in the kitchen. Aunt Sungah ask me to stay at cashier counters only. I didn't do lots of work. ''

''Good.''

'' But, can I work as a waitress? I can help clean the table, arrange the chair and deliver food to customers.''

'' You will walk too much.''

'' Walking can help me to deliver baby better.''

'' But, walking around as a waitress would be too much for you. I'm afraid it will make you feel easily tired and I have not let Yongguk Hyung know about you working yet, for sure he will kill me.''

'' Don't tell him.''

'' What if he come to the restaurant and found you are working there?''

'' I will tell him by myself, tonight. Will you let me work in the dining area if I get his permission?''

'' Oh god, Iseul.''

She takes out her phone from her sling bag and dial her brother's phone number. It takes little time for the line connect, in the end the line is connected. Yongguk answer the call with his deep voice, he groans.

'' Hello.''

'' Oppa, I'm working at Daehyun restaurant from today until I found another job. Don't worry, everything is fine, I'm not tired, I'm okay.'' She said in one breath not let Yongguk interrupt her words.

'' Wait, what?'' Iseul words make him fully awakes from his sleepy state.

'' You what?''

'' I'm working starting today.''

'' Is Daehyun there? Let me talk with him.''

'' Don't scold him, I force him to let me working.''

'' Pass the phone, Iseul.''

'' No. Promise with me first.''

'' Okay, fine, I won't scold him.''

'' Talk nicely.''

'' Yes, I will.'' She passes her phone to Daehyun, he takes it and hear Yongguk voices on the line.

'' Explain, Daehyun.'' It makes he sighs once he hears the question.

'' She said that she wants to work for her future life and the baby. So, I decide to let she works in my restaurant, it would be easier for me to look after her than she working with other people. Don't worry, I won't let her do heavy works. I will keep my eyes on her. ''

'' The money that I send for her not enough?''

'' It's not about that, Hyung. She just wants to learn how to be independent, she wants to stand on her own feet. We must respect her decision.''

The line become silence, none of them speak. Iseul eyeing Daehyun, waiting for her brother's permission.

'' Okay, Daehyun.'' Yongguk sighs.

'' Don't worry too much, I will stay with her. '' He looks at Iseul, their eyes meet.

'' I trust you.''

'' I know, hyung.''

They end the call.

'' Tomorrow, you can work in the dining areas, but only in the morning. For lunch hour you will stay at the cashier counter. Deal? ''

Iseul is trying to refuse.

'' That's the only option I can offer you, Iseul.''

'' Fine, I will follow your order. After all, you're my boss now, I'm working for you.''

'' Good, now go wash up and sleep. Tomorrow will be another long day for you and baby. Good night.'' Daehyun softly pat her head before going to his room, leaving Iseul shock on the couch alone. Iseul feels surprise with his action and deep down in her heart she feels a warm feeling. She cannot believe she didn't push away Daehyun hands, she still has a bit of trauma whenever she stands or get close to a guy. Iseul looks at his bedroom door.

*What is this?*

 

 

 

Daehyun close the door behind him, he rests his body on the door. Surprise with his own action, he looks at his right hand, the hand that gives a pat on Iseul head.

*Why I did that? *

 

 

 

COMMENT&SUBSCRIBE

THANK YOU.