ANXIOUS PART I

IN THE RAIN

In that morning while Iseul working in the dining areas like what Daehyun promise her, Aunt Sung Ah interrupt her.

'' Iseul, I'm going to the market, I need to buy a few things.''

'' Can I come with you?''

'' It's okay, I can go by myself.''

'' Please Aunt Sung Ah let me help you. I will be fine, don't worry and I'm strong too.'' She tries to persuade Aunt Sung Ah.

'' Okay, then. Let's go.''  Iseul quickly grabs her bag behind the cashier counter and follow Aunt Sung Ah to the main door.

'' We are going to walk to the market, are sure you will be fine?''

'' Yes, I will be fine.''

Luckily the market not far from the restaurant, it only takes 10 minutes to walk. They talk about many things, Iseul ears perks when Aunt Sung Ah start talking about Daehyun.

'' I'm worried about him.'' Aunt Sung Ah sighs.

'' Why?''

'' He may look strong from the outside, but I know deep inside he is lonely, he needs someone to keep him stay strong. He is good with hiding his own feeling.''

'' He is a nice man. He treats me very well.''

'' Really, it's good to hear that.''

They become silent for a moment before Aunt Sung Ah start talking again.

'' Can I ask you some questions?''

'' Yes, sure you can.'' She answered with a smile still on her face.

'' How old your pregnancy now?''

'' Hurm, I think almost 4 months. Sorry, I'm not very sure about it.'' She smiles sheepishly.

'' How come you do not know? You must count it, if not you might get surprised and unprepared when your baby come out.''

'' I'm sorry, I will count it later and become more prepared.''

'' Iseul, I don't scold you. I just want to remind you since you still young and I believe this is your first pregnancy. Am I right?''

'' Yes. It might be the last one.'' She mumbles her last words.

'' What do you mean?''

'' What?'' Iseul is surprised with Aunt Sung Ah question.

'' What do you mean by saying it might be the last one?''

'' You heard that?"

Aunt Sung Ah is nodding her head.

'' It's a long story, hard to explain.''

'' Never mind, I know you have your own reason, especially with a person you just met. Being a single mother is not easy, I hope you will do it well. If you have anything you want to know about being a mother, you can come to me.'' Aunt Sung Ah takes Iseul hand and hold it firmly, showing her support to the single mother.

'' Thank you. I hope I will do it well too.''

Aunt Sung Ah still holding Iseul hands walking towards the market entrance. Since they need to buy quite many things, they decide to divide the list into two. Iseul walks towards the dry section while Aunt Sung Ah to the wet section. By following the list, Iseul try to find everything they need until she stops in the flour section. While her eyes looking around the racks, she feels something, she feels uncomfortable, feels like there are someones eyes on her. She turns around, but she is alone in that section. After making sure there is no one beside herself, she turns her attention back to the racks, trying to find the flour that she needs. The flour is placed in the bottom row of the racks, she bends her body a bit to pick up the flour. Again, she feels someone is watching her. In fast motion, she stands again and look around, still there is no one.

*Maybe it just my feeling. *

She is trying to ignore the feeling and walks to another section. Again, she feels the same feeling. She tries to take a look from the corner of her eyes. A guy with a black cap walking towards her direction, she wants to run away, but her feet didn't move as she wants. She can feel that guy walking near her, she closes her eyes tightly, her body starts to tremble. A strong smell gets into her nose. She instantly opens her eyes.

*That smells. *

She looks around, she is standing alone again. That guy has already disappeared and without waiting any longer she runs away.

'' Aigoo, what is wrong with you? Are you okay? You look pale.'' Aunt Sung Ah wipe Iseul forehead.

'' You even drenched in sweat.''

'' I-I'm okay. Are you done with your list? ''

'' Almost done.''

Iseul stay close to Aunt Sung Ah, her eyes keep searching around. She knows what that smell is. She tries to stay calm and don't want to make it worse.

'' Iseul, let's go.''

 

Back in the restaurant, Iseul spend half of her day daze at the cashier counter. Daehyun notice that and walks to her.

'' Iseul.'' He taps on her shoulder, it makes she turns her head to Daehyun.

'' What's wrong?''

'' Nothing.''

'' No, it must be something happens. Mind to share with me?''

'' Nothing, it's just a mood swing, I guess.''

'' Go take a rest if you want. I can cover your work here.''

Iseul leaves the counter to Daehyun and walks into the staff room.

 

 

 

 

COMMENT&SUBSCRIBES

THANK YOU.