DON'T COME CLOSER

IN THE RAIN

Daehyun enter his house password and open the door. He looks around, his eyes look for Iseul. She nowhere, he goes to her room, she's not there too. Daehyun walks past the laundry area, there are clothes hanging on the laundry rack.

*Did I do laundry this morning.*

He frowns.

*My clothes and... her clothes.*

He walks into the living room and there she is, fall asleep on the couch. Carefully, Daehyun sit on the couch looking at her, he calls her name for a few times, but she still not awake. He places his hand on her arm, gently tap on it.

'' Iseul, wake up.''

She whines in her sleep, it makes Daehyun smile.

*She's cute.*

'' Iseul, it is time to eat your lunch. Come on girl, wake up.'' Iseul open her eyes, she looks surrounding, her eyes met Daehyun eyes. Her eyes widen, quickly she fixes her messy hair and sit properly. Her action cause Daehyun giggle.

" It's okay, Iseul. You look good. Here, our lunch for today. I bought it from my restaurant.'' He moves closer to Iseul with the lunch set in his hands. Suddenly, Iseul feels nauseous, she covers and run to the kitchen. Daehyun put down their lunch on the table and run to her.

In the kitchen, Iseul bend down on the sink, her left hand on her stomach while the other hand holds on her hairs. Daehyun go to her and help her to hold her hairs. She washes , standing straight. Their body are close to each other.

'' Are you okay-''

She starts to throw up again. There is nothing out of her mouths, but she feels nauseous. Again, Iseul wash and cover . Looking at Daehyun, that standing beside him. She crunches her nose.

'' What is wrong?'' He asks. She points at Daehyun.

'' Why?'' Iseul move away from him a bit, still covers and nose. Daehyun walks closer to her.

'' Don't come to me.'' She mumble and place her right hand on Daehyun chest, preventing him to come close.

'' What? I can not hear you.'' Daehyun stop and standing still on his spot.

'' Your smell.'' Again she points at Daehyun. Daehyun smells his own shirt, it is nothing except his perfume.

'' My perfume, you don't like it?'' Iseul nodding her head, his perfume makes her nauseous.

'' Wait.'' Daehyun run to his room. Iseul uncovers and nose, she takes a deep breath. Wipe off sweat on her forehead. She walks into the living room and sit on the couch, she starts to feel better. She is eyeing a lunch box on the table, gulping her saliva, she feels hungry, but Daehyun still not come out from his bedroom.

*Let's wait for Uncle Daehyun.* She pats her very small, unnoticeable baby bump.

---------------

After a few moments, Daehyun come out of his room with a new clothes, wet hair and a small towel on his shoulder. He sits on the end of the couch, worried will make Iseul feel nauseous again.

'' Much better?'' He asks Iseul. She nods her head, eyeing Daehyun from top to bottom.

'' You take a shower?'' Her voices still not loud enough, but clear enough for Daehyun to understand.

'' Oh yes, I'm afraid that you still can smell my perfume. I'm sorry.''

'' No, it's okay. I'm sorry for troubling you.''

'' Don't worry, after this I won't use that perfume again.'' He takes the lunch box and give it to Iseul.

Daehyun switch on television, they eat in silence while watching a drama on the television. After a while, Daehyun starts a conversation.

'' Did you do the laundry?''

'' Yes.''

'' Why? I told you to rest only, isn't?''

'' I'm okay, I don't feel tired.'' She is lying, she does feel a bit of tiredness in her body, but get better when she woke from her nap not until she starts to throw up. She feels bite of uncomfortable and tired, especially on her stomach.

'' Thank you. It's been a long time since someone does laundry for me or maybe never. Since I was a kid, I did everything by my own. Feels like I'm getting a wife now.'' He laughs at his own words. He glances at Iseul, she is staring at him, no but at his lunch. Iseul has already finished her lunch.

'' You want more? Here.'' Daehyun give half of his lunch to her.

'' No need to be shy, I understand now you eat for two.'' Iseul hesitates to eat.

'' Eat, it's delicious, isn't? This is from my restaurant.'' He points at the paper bag on the coffee table. It's written 'Jung Taste'.

'' Jung Taste is the restaurant that was left by my parents for me. If you want, you can come with me to my restaurant. There, you can eat as much as you want.''

Iseul just nods her head, but she still not sure about going out of this house yet. Maybe she still need a time to adapt to her new life. Daehyun take the lunch box from her hands, startled her a bit. He gives her a glass of warm water and vitamins. She did not know when did Daehyun bring her vitamins maybe when she in her deep thought, he waits for her to take the glass from his hands. Iseul takes the glass and vitamins, like usual, she swallows all of her vitamins, Daehyun eyes still looking at her. He smiles looking at Iseul.

'' I will be in my room, I have some work to be done. You can stay here watch the drama or if you tired you can go to sleep, but do not do any house chores again. Enough for today, promise me.'' Iseul nods her head.

'' Good girl.''

He flashes his smile before getting up from the couch and bring with him a small bag to his bedroom. Iseul eyes follow his figure until he disappears into his bedroom, leaves her alone in the living room. She put the glass in her hands on the tables, starts to find any interesting channel, her hands stop from push the button on the remote control when she found the channel that makes her eyes glue to the television. A cooking show, she loves to watch cooking show and loves to try any new recipes that she found. Her nanny will always accompany and teach her in the kitchen, she sighs. Iseul miss her old life.

Daehyun puts his bag on the table and sit on the chair.

*She must be bored.*

He takes his phone and dial Yongguk phone number, after a few second Yongguk voices answer the call.

'' Yes, Daehyun.''

'' Hyung, are you coming this weekend?''

'' Yeah, I will come.''

'' Good, please bring any books or anything that Iseul can play with, I'm afraid that she feels bored here.''

'' Okay noted. How is she? Did she eat well?''

'' She is fine and don't worry, she's eating very well.''

'' Good to hear that, I hope she will recover soon.''

'' She will, Hyung. How about you? How is your life?''

Yongguk sighs.

'' Nothing change, still live in the hell with a devil.''

'' Hyung, she is your mother.''

'' Oh I forgot about that.'' Says Yongguk sarcastic. Daehyun can see that Yongguk would say that while rolling his eyes. He knows that Yongguk is not a rude child, he is a good son, but the situation makes him act like that.

'' Let's pray that someday she will change, Hyung.''

'' Hurm.'' Yongguk just hums.

'' Well, see you this weekend, Hyung. Please make sure to bring a lot of delicious food for us.'' Daehyun giggle, it makes Yongguk laughs a bit, he knows how much Daehyun love foods.

'' Please don't do anything stupid, Hyung. We love you.'' Daehyun says before end the call.

 

 

 

COMMENT & SUBSCRIBES

THANK YOU