WHY?

IN THE RAIN

Iseul stays in her room after they’re back from the clinic, Daehyun let her take a sleep, he walks into the living room and lying along the sofa. He closes his eyes, trying to get some sleep, but open his eyes back. He reaches for his phone in his pant pocket, he slides the screen to unlock, the clock on the screen show the time 2 p.m. His finger typing a message to Yongguk.

                ‘’ Hyung, you want to know something?’’

He sends the message and waiting for Yongguk to reply. After a few minutes, his phone vibrate indicates a new message for him.

                ‘’ What is it, Daehyun?’’

Instead of telling what it is, he asks Yongguk a question back.

                 ‘’ What do you think, hyung?’’

Too bad his message makes Yongguk losing his patience, he’s not replying Daehyun message. This time his phone ringing, on the screen Yongguk name shown up. Daehyun quickly pick up the call because he knows, if he didn’t pick up the call that means he digging his own grave.

  ‘’ What is it, Daehyun?’’

  ‘’ You need to congrats me, Hyung.’’

  ‘’ Why would I? For what reason?’’

  ‘’ Because I managed to persuade your sister to go to the clinic today.’’

  ‘’ What? Clinic? Is she sick?’’

  ‘’ Oh god, don’t tell me you forgot about her being pregnant. We going to Dr Lee clinic for her pregnancy check-up. ‘’

  ‘’ So, how? Is she fine with the baby? Can she accept it?’’

  ‘’ That’s the problem now, she can’t accept the fact that she’s pregnant. She even tries to kill her baby.’’

  ‘’ . It won’t be easy for her to be a mother at her young age, of course she won’t accept it. Plus, you know where’s the baby come from, right? It’s not like she really wants to have a baby either. This thing will destroy her future. So, she wants to abort the baby?’’

  ‘’ No, it won’t happen and I won’t let it. Hyung, don’t you dare think that way. Yes, she’s pregnant not from her own will, but it’s not a safe thing to abort the child. Don’t be too cruel to the innocent creature. ‘’

  ‘’ Okay, fine, but at least we need to make her accept it or else that baby will grow up with a lack of love from her as a mother. We don’t have to say about love from a father, which is I don’t know whether she will or can get married someday.’’

  ‘’ What I can say is, it will take some time for her to accept it.’’

Daehyun can hear Yongguk sighing on the line.

  ‘’ Hyung, you need to be strong for her. Don’t ever be negative, always positive. She will be fine, trust me.’’

  ‘’ Don’t worry, she’s my only sister, I will never give up on her. What Dr Lee says about her?’’

  ‘’ Both of them is fine, I just need to get her to the clinic for medical check-up every month. Nothing else.’’

  ‘’ Did he know why Iseul being with you, not me?’’

  ‘’ Yeah, I told him already.’’

  ‘’ Thanks Daehyun.’’

  ‘’ For what?’’

  ‘’ To take my spot beside Iseul, for doing my duty.’’

  ‘’ It’s nothing, hyung, but remember that I’m not fully take over your duty because you’re her brother, not me. She’s need you more than me, I’m just helping you.’’

  ‘’ I know.’’

  ‘’ Then, I guess this is the end of our conversation for today. I don’t want to disturb you more.’’

  ‘’ Same with me, get a good rest Daehyun because I still need your help.’’ Yongguk cut the line, Daehyun snort hearing his last sentence.

  ‘’ Of course, hyung.’’ Daehyun put his phone on the table and close his eyes, trying to get some sleep or maybe a nap. A sound of broken glass makes him shoot his eyes open, immediately he gets up from the couch, looking around. There’s no sign of broken glass around the living room, he walks to the kitchen. The floor is clean from any broken glass.

  ‘’ Am I dreaming? Maybe I’m just too tired. ’’ A frown formed on his handsome face, he turns to the living room, but then he realise that he’s not alone in the house. He runs towards Iseul room, she were kneeling on the floor near her bed when Daehyun open the door. His eyes darted to her hand.

  ‘’ Iseul, what are you doing?’’ He’s raising his voices without he notice it, he looks furious.

  ‘’ What are you trying to do?’’ His eyes keeps looking at the blood on the floor as he walks towards Iseul.

  ‘’ Are you trying to hurt yourself, don’t be stupid, Iseul.’’ He looks up to see her hands, he expecting her hand will cover with a blood, but she just got a little wound on her index finger, he sighs. Daehyun walks out of the room for a moment and come back with a first aid kit on his right hand and a broom on his left hands.

  ‘’ Stay still.’’ He put the first aid kit on the bed and began sweeping the fragment of the glass on the floor. While he clean the mess, he heard she’s weeping, it’s make him feels guilty. After making sure the floor is clear from the broken glass, he makes she sit on the bed.

  ‘’ I’m sorry for raising my voices just now. I-I thought you trying to do something stupid.’’ He says while clean and wrap her wound.

  ‘’ I will replace the glass.’’ He walks out of the room with the first aid kit on his hand, after a few minutes he come to the room with a new glass and place it on the small table beside her bed.

  ‘’ If you need anything just call me or you can find me in my bedroom.’’ He leaves the room leaving her alone.

Iseul look at her finger, she sighs.

‘ why? '

 

 

 

 

  COMMENT&SUBSCRIBES