First Step

IN THE RAIN

He closes the door and realise he shouldn't do that, he just thinks too much. Daehyun walks toward his bed and throw his body on the mattress within a few minutes he starts to doze off, leaving all the problems on the reality.

 
►►►►

He awoke because of the sound in the kitchen, his hand search for his phone but it nowhere to found, his room in dark with a few stray of moonlight shine through the window. Ignoring the sleepy wave on his eyes, he get up and drag his feet out of his room, the bright light greeted his eyes, he rubbing his eyes trying to adjust his focus to the surrounding. He sees her room door slightly open and in the inside of the room is dark. Walk past of her room to the kitchen he find that Iseul standing near the stove with a plate on her hand. He takes a look to the dining table, the diner is ready. He turn around to look at Iseul and call out her name,
  ‘’ Iseul, you should wake me up. I will cook for you.’’
  ‘’ It’s okay.’’ She says almost in whispering.
  ‘’ No, you-‘’ Daehyun stop his words, his eyes getting bigger can’t believe with what just happen.
  ‘’ I-Iseul? You’re talking. Really? ‘’
She just blinking her eyes.
  ‘’ Say something Iseul. You did talk just now.’’

Iseul stay still on her feet, her eyes fix on the plate, slowly she swallow her saliva, feel sore. She surprised with herself, did she just talk just now? Or is it her imagination? Yes, she know she have to start to speak again one day, but it too fast. How she can speak now, what make her speak again? Is it her? Did I speak just now? She speak in her mind.

  '' Iseul, look at me.'' Daehyun voice make her come back from her sense. Slowly she turn her face to Daehyun, he can see on her face that she kind of shock with herself.

 '' Can you say something, Iseul? ''

Slowly she open but no words are out, Daehyun take the plate on her hand and put it down to the kitchen counter, he take her hand and hold it with gentle.

  '' It's okay, just do it slowly. '' Iseul face show that she's very nervous, again she open and trying to say something, this time she manage to make a little sound but not a clear word. Daehyun have a big smile on his face. Iseul hold feeling the soreness.

  '' Wait, let me get you a drink. ''  He takes a glass from the cabinet and pour a warm water for her. She finish her drink in one shot, it make feel a bit better even though it not fully heal the soreness. She looks at Daehyun who still have a big smile on his face.

  '' You want more? '' Iseul just shaking her head as no.

  '' Let's eat, you need to eat your medication later. '' They walks to the dining table and settle down on the chair, Daehyun sit beside her and start to serve her but she quickly stop him from doing it. She still can do it by herself, she feel ashamed because Daehyun treat her like she break her limbs, she feels like she is a burdened to him. Daehyun stop and look at her.

  '' Don't worry, I do this to show my gratitude, instead of me, you are the one who prepare our dinner tonight. It supposed be my job. Next time, let me do the cooking and you just rest. I don't want you tiring yourself, you need a lot of rest. Understand ? '' Iseul nodding her head and let him serve her with the food she cooks.

 

 

►►►►

 

Yongguk take a deep breath before entering the big house, he doesn't want to come back to this house but Ji eun manage to persuade him. He takes a heavy steps to the stairs but his step are stop by a woman voices.

  '' Why are you late? ''

  '' I have a lot of work to do at office. '' He answers lazily, of course it not true. He can't do any work because he so worried about his sister and leave the office early and go to Ji eun house before he was force by her to go home. He did not look at the woman face.

  '' Come and have a dinner with me.'' She say with her cold voice.

  '' I'm not hungry. '' He climbs the stair to go to his room but again stop by the woman voice.

  '' What is wrong with you, Yongguk? ''

Yongguk turn his face and look straight to the woman face, his face are reddening from the anger he's holding in.

  '' You asking me what is wrong with me? Seriously? You ask me? That question supposed be ask by me. What is wrong with you omma? What are you doing? Have you ever thought about Iseul since you chase her out from this house? Where is she now? Is it she safe? So what are you going to do next? '' Yongguk scowl. 

  '' Aaa, let me guess, after you chase her out maybe you will remove her name from our family registration. Am I right? ''

Mrs Bang face turn red, she is trying to control her anger. Her eyes fixed at Yongguk face, her only son.

  '' What are you saying, Yongguk? ''

  '' Why you can't hear me? You want me to say it again? '' Yongguk say in louder voices.

  '' You're are useless Omma, why did you treat her like a garbage. She is your own daughter, a daughter that you carry in your womb for 9 months, a daughter that share a same blood like you, and she is my sister. Why you did that? '' He left to his room after scream out all his anger towards his mother, he can't stay there any longer, he might lose control and may hurt his mother. He slam his room door, making a big sound echoing in the house.

Mrs Bang still in the same spot, didn't move, she still shock with Yongguk voice but not with his words. She really have a cold heart, after a few minute standing on the same spot, she walks to the dining room to have her dinner without his son.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Am I making a comeback????

COMMENT&SUBSCRIBES