Love Bites

Love Bites

Chapter 6

 

It was Wednesday morning now and Yuri groaned as Jaejoong woke her up, saying it was time for training. Rolling over on her side, Yuri took the pillow and plastered it over her face.

 

"Hey Yeonseok, come on, a deal is a deal. Hey, wake up. I won't say it again." Jaejoong said, as he zipped up his black champion full-zip fleece hoodie.

 

Sighing, Yuri sat up slowly, the covers falling from her still flat chest, "What time is it?" Yuri asked groggily, as she rubbed her face.

 

"Three." Jaejoong answered instantly, "Come on shorty, you need to win the bet remember?"

 

Groaning a little, Yuri fell back on her bed, "Five minutes." Yuri said, stuffing her face in her pillow.

 

Jaejoong sighed and shook his head before walking over and taking off the covers fully, "Come on shorty, your last chance. You either get up now or I will just stop training you." Jaejoong said seriously.

 

Yuri groaned again, and threw her pillow at Jaejoong who dodged, "I'm up, I'm up." Yuri said, yawning and got out of the bed with her eyes still half-closed as she stumbled to the bathroom. Yuri wanted to sleep so badly. She wanted to allow her body to relax and was really not excited about training but she knew in order to become stronger and to make her school life here easier, she needed to train and be able to manage at least the second half of gym class. So, with that in mind, she scratched her head, wanting to take off her itchy wig so badly and just run her hands through her own hair. Sighing, she grabbed her toothbrush.

 

Jaejoong walked to the door frame, saying "Hey Yeonseok, make sure to have breakfast okay? We are going to train exactly as before."

 

Yuri nodded and washed out before going back to the room, much more refreshed and realized that she had to sneakily change as fast as she could with Jaejoong sitting on the sofa, texting to whoever. Yuri took her black green spark nike move it tee shirt and walked back to the bathroom, pretending to fetch something and in seconds, she changed shirts and walked back out. Jaejoong question why the hell Yeonseok had to have so much privacy, getting changed?! They were guys, it wasn't much of an issue. However, Jaejoong just shrugged and went back to his phone.

 

Yuri kept him in the corner of her eye as she tried to quickly take off her black plaid woven lounge pants and as the shirt was long, it managed to cover her enough and quickly, she put on a pair of black athletic pants and rolled them up at the bottom. Jaejoong noticed this and raised an eyebrow, "Those pants too long for you, shorty?" Jaejoong asked, making Yuri looked up and sighed, "I really hate it when you call me shorty and yeah, I can't have medium clothes so I get small."

 

"I have never met any guy that gets any size but medium. You know, for the muscles and things. You are the first Yeonseok." Jaejoong said, amazed.

 

Yuri nodded and tied her shoe laces then put on a black gildan pull-over fleece hoodie. She had run her fingers through her wig to comb it out neatly and once that was done, she saw Jaejoong grab a duffel bag and saw that he was wearing a black white adidas athletic pants and black nike dri-fit tee shirt under his hoodie, "You ready?" Jaejoong asked.

 

Yuri nodded and as soon as both students walked out of the dorms, Yuri instantly stuffed her hands in her pocket, her teeth started chattering slightly, "God, it's cold."

 

Jaejoong chuckled as he dumped the bag onto the ground and ped it, "It will get warmer later during the day. No, unfortunately for you, gym is our first lesson today so I wouldn't be surprised if your legs and body burn today but I will try not to go too hard on you okay."

 

"Do whatever needs to be done coach." Yuri said, shrugging.

 

Jaejoong gave a small smile at the name coach and took out two cones. He then ran to one side of the field and placed a cone there while successfully putting another cone right on the opposite, about a mile away. He then ran back to her in a millisecond, "Now, start beating your eight second score, shorty."

 

Yuri just rolled her eyes before nodding and jogged to the first cone, stretching her legs and arms first. Finally, once she hear Jaejoong say the word 'Go', she ran with all her might to the first cone then back and repeated this eight more times. Each time getting either one second less or one second more. Yuri tried running again, to the other side and groaned as she already felt her tendencies in her legs and arm ache from doing much rough exercise so early in the morning, not to mention, the cold was getting to her.

 

Checking his time watch, Jaejoong then ordered Yeonseok to go into the gym so he could do some push-up's and sit-up's. Yuri groaned again, as she heard Jaejoong's command, "Come on, shorty. Oh, and carry the bag, will you? It shouldn't weight much so don't worry."

 

Yuri sighed as she tried to take the duffel bag to the gym, however, her hands were too weak and the bag was so god damned heavy! 'Light my !' She could hardly carry it, "What's in this thing?" Yuri asked, taking in deep breaths within each break.

 

Shrugging, Jaejoong said, "A few cones, balls, bats and weights."

 

"Weights? No wonder it feels so heavy. God, my fingers." Yuri said, throwing the bag in front of her as she started to kick it with her feet. Although not ideal but the bag was moving forward and she was doing what she was ordered to.

 

Jaejoong saw this and walked over to him, hitting him on the head. Yuri 'Owed' and held her head, "I asked you to carry the bag for a reason, shorty. You need to work out your arm muscles, too. Now, stop slacking and grab the bag." Jaejoong said, as he put his hands behind his head and walked forward.

 

Yuri groaned as she cursed under her breath, "Stupid, inconsiderate, pompous jerk." However, she then felt another hit on the head.

 

"Watch it, shorty." Jaejoong said, smirking.

 

Yuri rolled her eyes and jabbed him in his side, "You watch it." Yuri said, smiling and then with much slow walking and swapping hands, they were finally in the gym. Dropping the bag, Yuri breathed a sigh of relief, "How the hell do you carry that everyday?!"

 

"Because I'm taller than you, shorty." Jaejoong said, chuckling and then walked over to the stairs of the bleachers as he pointed to them, "Now, run up them just like last time. However, do fifty laps instead this time."

 

Yuri nodded and sighed before preparing her arms, "Go." Jaejoong said, starting the time watch and saw Yeonseok zoom up the stairs. He saw him do this eight times and saw how he never slipped up once since he started. For some reason, he couldn't help but stare at him. The way his hair moved as he ran, his arms and legs moved in sync, the determination that was in his eyes shining brightly, piercing his own, making Jaejoong blinked. In a strange way, he felt some odd friendship between him and his roommate. Yeonseok was growing on him and he knew that for some reason, he was fond of the little guy he only met for two days. Shaking his head, Jaejoong lost count of how many laps Yeonseok had done so he turned off the stop watch, "Okay Yeonseok, you can stop now."

 

Yuri heard him and as soon as he said those god sented words, she fell flat on her back onto the gym ground, "Just give me one second please? Need some rest." Yuri said, panting.

 

Jaejoong nodded and went to sit down next to Yeonseok.

 

Yuri turned to him and then looked at the hoop on one side of the gym, then she spotted the basketballs to one side.

 

"Hey, Jaejoong?"

 

"Yeah?" Jaejoong said, turning to her.

 

Sitting up, Yuri pointed at the basketballs and asked, "Can you maybe show me how to play?"

 

"What?" Jaejoong asked, eyes widening for a moment.

 

Yuri smirked and punched his shoulder playfully, "Play? You know, throwing the ball into the hoop and the rest of it. I have seen you play in gym and I really want to try it out at least once."

 

Jaejoong kept staring into his eyes. For some reason, hearing the words leave Yeonseok's mouth made his chest and stomach feel warm, just as his smile had the same effect on him. The honesty that spoke in his eyes of basketball made him want to smile. Jaejoong stood up and outstretched his hand. Yuri looked up at his hand then at him, seeing him smirked, "Well, if your sure, this might be good for your reflexes but only if you really want to learn." Yuri nodded her head vigorously as she put her hand into his own, his grip was strong as he easily helped her up. Yuri smiled as she let go of his hand, already missing the warmth, "I really want, too. It looks cool and I have only ever played once and...well, I wasn't that good." Yuri said, laughing nervously as she scratched her head.

 

Jaejoong smirked as he ruffled Yeonseok's hair. Yuri tucked her head in her shoulder a little at the touch, for some reason, her cheeks felt like they were burning up and her heart was beating faster than usual. Much faster than it ever did with Yunho. Yeah sure, he might have ruffled her hair every now and then but Jaejoong's touch made her feel warm and fuzzy. She then looked at his face and noticed his grin. Did her wanting to play basketball really make him this happy? Then, she remembered what he said on Monday.

 

'All the girls I have dated have all been pansies. They didn't want to play for fear of breaking their nails or the hair tangling, their clothes dirtying. I tried to teach my ex but she didn't bother. She only pretended to like it because I did. So, in my eyes, I have only ever seen girls who are more interested in themselves than hobbies.'

 

Yuri's eyes softened as she ran towards the basket filled with basketballs. Once she grabbed one that felt hard enough, she bounced it once on the ground before grabbing it and smiling up at Jaejoong, throwing the ball to him. Jaejoong grabbed the ball easily and looked at the ball then at Yeonseok only to see him smile.

 

"Come on, throw it, what you waiting for?" Yuri said, smiling as she started to run towards him.

 

Jaejoong smiled and bounced the ball once then twice and as soon as Yeonseok was close to him, he dodged and ran to the other side of the court, meanwhile, bouncing the ball along the way, he then jumped and slammed it into the hoop.

 

"That was awesome." Yuri said, clapping excitedly, "How the hell did you do that?"

 

Jaejoong just chuckled as he bounced the ball over and over, "It isn't that easy of a trick, shorty. Just a lot of practice." "Can you teach me that?" Yuri asked, smiling.

 

Shaking his head, Jaejoong said, "It's not that simple but I can teach you to aim it at the hoop if you want."

 

Yuri nodded all the while, smiling "Yeah, maybe we should start with that first." She was actually really excited for some odd reason. Many times, she had seen Yunho play but never had he invited her to play along, saying that she wouldn't be able to understand. However, with Jaejoong, he would give up his free time to teach her, train her or help not only her but whoever needed it. He was so selfless and whenever he was happy, it made Yuri happy and right now was one of those moments. Where she could see that genuine smile and excitement light up in his eyes.

 

Jaejoong then walked over and grabbed Yeonseok's arm gently, the ball in his other hand, "Okay, we will start with a fairly close shot so stand here." Jaejoong said, positioning him right in front of the hoop a little away. Jaejoong then stood behind him and as he put the ball in Yeonseok's hands, he felt bolts of electricity shot throughout his body at the close contact of his back on his chest. He was so short that it was weird in a way. His height was the exact same to a girls, his head almost nestled under his chin. He reached up to his shoulders and his tiny body fit perfectly against him for some odd reason, making him liked it. What? Why was he thinking like that? He needed to focus.

 

Yuri, herself, was blushing like mad once she felt his body behind hers and his hands were on hers as he gave her the ball. She too, felt electric bolts of energy themselves throughout her body without her permission, making her shiver a little. She never got this feeling when she was with Yunho, never had she felt so free and so...

 

Jaejoong cleared his throat as he began speaking, "Okay, you see the hoop? Now, just measure the distance. Don't throw to harshly but don't throw lightly. You need to control your breathing and don't fall victim to thinking that the higher you throw it, the better chances the ball gets into the hoop. It's not like that. The only way it will get in is when you throw the ball and the moment that you feel it leaving your grasps, all your passion and hope flies along with it, your belief that you can do it is the key to winning. If you just close your eyes and believe that you will win and know that deep down, you already are a winner." Jaejoong explained, gently leaning over his shoulder as he covered his small hands with his own over the ball and his eyes stared straight at the hoop, his cheek grazing Yeonseok's, "That is the key to success." Jaejoong whispered.

 

And with that last sentence, Yuri felt Jaejoong's hands leave hers and as she focused on the hoop, she closed her eyes slowly before taking in one deep breath. She thought of her goal in life, of her goal at this very moment, the goal of proving to herself and to Yunho that she wasn't a mere weak girl who couldn't fend for herself, her spirit to want to prove him wrong, her dream to want to succeed was strong, stronger than she had ever could have imagined. She raised her hands with the ball and right when she opened her eyes, she bent her knees and with a little jump, she threw the ball, all her vigour injected in the simple rubber object. She opened her eyes and saw it swirl around the hoop, her eyes anxious, her hands , her teeth biting her bottom lips in worry. As the ball rolled once more around the hoop, it finally fell guilty to gravity, pulling it to the right and into the net, passing through the hoop and falling to the ground with a couple of loud thuds before rolling slowly to a gentle halt.

 

Yuri smiled happily as she jumped up and down, "I...I did it. My...My very first goal. I did it. I actually did it." Yuri said, turning to see Jaejoong smile happily with his hands in his pockets.

 

"I did it. I actually did it. Alright." Yuri said, jumping around in happiness.

 

Jaejoong chuckled as he saw how happy Yeonseok was for his first goal ever. He reminded him of himself when he was three and he made his first goal in the basketball court that his dad had kindly bought for him. With every attempt he did, he always failed. He would get angry and give up most of the time. However, until one day, while watching basketball on tv and studying as much as he could, he went out into the court with the ball and closed his eyes, picturing himself as one of those famous players. Dreaming of how one day he would become like that and just with that desire alone, he managed to score his first goal. His very first goal and the soul key was that one rule.

 

Jaejoong then felt a pair of arms hug him and he came out of his dream state and looked down to see dark brown hair, "Thank you so much, Jaejoong. That felt amazing. I want to do it again."

 

Jaejoong kept blinking as he saw Yeonseok's face look up at him. His heart once again, started to beat rapidly and his body was feeling that same warmth that it had since he met him. Clearing his throat, Yeonseok let go of him. Hesitantly, Jaejoong raised his hand then gently, he ruffled his hair.

 

Yuri, once again, lowered her head a little at the contact. Jaejoong must really like to mess up her hair. She internally giggled at that thought.

 

"Well done, shorty. Seems you are good at something." Jaejoong said, smirking a little.

 

Yuri punched his arm as he faked an 'Ow' and then ruffled Yeonseok's hair once again, before he spoke, "Come on shorty, lesson will start soon. That's enough training for now."

 

Yuri nodded and both, her and Jaejoong walked back to the dorms to shower. Yuri had gone first, in order to have time to change secretly while Jaejoong was showering. She quickly took off her wig when he locked the door behind him. Yuri's hair flowed down her back until it reached to her mid-back. She ran her fingers through it, gently massaging her poor scalp. Quickly, she changed into her school uniform and right when she finished zipping her cardigan, she heard the water turn off and quickly grabbed her hair and rolled it before stuffing it back into the wig.

 

Jaejoong walked out and saw Yeonseok already changed, "Man, you change so quickly, its unbelievable."

 

"I don't know." Yuri said, shrugging "I guess I'm so used to it by now that it's a habit."

 

Jaejoong nodded then received a message. He grabbed his phone and chuckled lightly. Yuri turned and asked him what was so funny, "Yunho's still pretty ed up after what happened to him yesterday. He said his stomach is in so much pain that he couldn't get a decent sleep without going to the bathroom. Let's just say he could have slept in the bathroom." Jaejoong said.

 

Yuri laughed loudly. Not only because of Yunho's suffering but because her plan actually worked, "I'm sure he will be fine soon. Is he coming to gym then?"

 

"Yeah." Jaejoong said, nodding "He said he doesn't want to miss any lessons. Especially since we have practice after school again."

 

Yuri nodded and then saw Jaejoong take off his white towel again. Eyes widening, Yuri turned around rapidly, so quickly that she hit her head with the wood of the top bunk bed, "Ouch, !"

 

She then felt hands on her shoulders and was turned around to see Jaejoong's worry expression as he looked at her head, "Are you okay?"

 

Yuri nodded, dumbfounded, as she felt his hand gently graze over where she hit her head. However, as her eyes diverted somewhere else, it unfortunately went south and her eyes were slowly enlarging as her cheeks were getting darker and darker to the point she had to hold in a scream. He was...was . Yuri quickly went under his arm and walked towards the kitchen, "Y...Yeah, I'm f...fine. I just need some i...ice." Yuri said, and ran to the kitchen, rubbing her forehead and grabbed an ice packet from the freezer.

 

Jaejoong was confused but just shook it off and carried on changing.

 

Yuri didn't dare turn around until she heard two zippers being done, the one on his jacket and the one on his fly. After hearing his footsteps, she turned around and let out a breath as she saw him fully dressed. Jaejoong had grabbed his phone and was putting it in his pocket, along with his wallet and set of keys before grabbing his duffel bag, "Come on Yeonseok, it's almost nine."

 

Yuri nodded and went to grab her own bag and phone. Soon, they both got to the gym and high-fived Hyukjae, "Hey Hyukjae, how are you buddy?" Jaejoong said, doing that same weird handshake again.

 

"I'm fine but Yunho came back to the dorm, dead." Hyukjae said, pointing at his own roommate who was sitting on the bleachers, holding his stomach.

 

Yuri saw his expression and snorted, 'That's how I looked, you bastard, when you dumped me! That is how you left me, too.' However, she followed Jaejoong as they walked over to him.

 

Yunho smelt his friend and his roommate coming up and tried to stand up, however, Jaejoong didn't let him, "No, you need your rest, man. What happened? You were fine yesterday." Jaejoong asked.

 

"It gets worse every hour. I practically slept in the bathroom at the rate I was going. Man, was my stomach in pain."

 

Yuri tried her best to not laugh in his face so instead, she just tapped his shoulder, saying "I'm sure you will be fine later on today."

 

Yunho nodded and smiled up at his new friend, "Thanks, man."

 

Jaejoong looked between both of them and wanted to pull Yeonseok away from him. There he goes again, "So, how's Yoona?" Jaejoong asked, changing the subject.

 

"She's okay. She wanted to meet me this weekend."

 

"Well, hope it goes well, man."

 

"And who knows, maybe it will go extremely well and wolf boy will get lucky." Hyukjae said, wiggling his dark, thick eyebrows.

 

Yuri frowned. She never had with Yunho because he was a little to front about it and it scared her how sometimes he would lose control so easily to the point he once almost forced her. She should have known that he was bad news sooner or later but she was a naïve girl and Yunho was her world but not anymore. He had officially left a permanent wound in her heart and she would make sure he had much more friends than just the bathroom.

 

"Okay, all of you. We are going to start with our usual warm-ups. Now, everyone outside in the field, start running."

 

Jaejoong, Yuri, Hyukjae and Yunho all walked out into the field and as they all positioned themselves, Yuri turned to Jaejoong who was behind her and he smiled. Yuri smiled back and once the teacher shouted, "Go!" the running started.

 

"Okay boys, that's enough for now. Hit the showers."

 

Yuri was panting horribly as she fell on her back, her chest and forehead sweating, not to mention, the wig was making her scalp itch even more. Her arms were spread beside her and her breaths were coming in gasps. Jaejoong walked over as Yunho and Hyukjae headed to the showers, "Hey shorty, you did much better than before. I'm proud of you. However, you are still really behind on the muscle exercises like the sit-ups. We will definitely need to get you into the gym so you could work out those muscles."

 

"I guess that means I'm winning the bet so far." Yuri said, smirking.

 

Shaking his head, Jaejoong smirked back, "Not yet, but you are getting there. However, I think shorty is just too good of a name to take away from you."

 

"Believe me when I say it's not." Yuri said, smiling.

 

Shrugging, Jaejoong said, "I believe what I believe and that is that. Shorty suits you, unless your legs miraculously grow longer within the next few days and your just about the same height as me then I will consider it."

 

Yuri stuck her tongue out and rolled her eyes before walking ahead of him. Jaejoong smirked and ran up to Yeonseok before ruffling his hair, "Eh, you ready to hit the showers?" Jaejoong asked, making Yuri froze, "U...Uh...I...Oh well, what do you know? I forgot to bring my shampoo. U...Um...I will be back." Before Jaejoong could stop her, she ran quickly out of the gym and straight to the dorm building. As she ran in the corridor, she looked back to see if he was following and suddenly bumped into someone. Yuri fell backwards on her and looked to see who she bumped into and when she did, she was shocked to see it was Kibum.

 

Kibum looked at who he bumped into and blushed as he noticed who it was. It was the new guy he was crushing on, "O...Oh, I...I'm sorry. Please forgive me. I didn't mean, too. Please don't hurt me." Kibum pleaded, as he grabbed his books.

 

Yuri shook her head as she stood up, "No, it's fine. It's my fault for running and not looking where I was going." Yuri said, making Kibum shake his head, "No, I should have moved out of your way when I saw you r...running." Kibum said, fixing his glasses and kept fiddling with the hem of his shirt.

 

Yuri saw Kibum's seiko chronograph gold-tone stainless steel bracelet watch and checked the time. , she needed to shower and quickly! "Sorry Kibum but I need to go. Catch you later." And with that, Yuri ran off at lightening speed to the dorms.

 

Kibum looked at his retreating form and blushed, "I really like him." Kibum said, blushing as he walked away, "He...I have never been spoken so kindly before. Maybe he might like me back?"

 

Once Yuri reached the dorms, she quickly showered and threw her gym clothes on the bed as she changed into her uniform. She kept hopping on one leg, trying to get a trouser leg in and fell down on her front, "Ouch." After much fumbling, hopping and injuries later, she was dressed and once she stuffed her hair in her wig, she grabbed her duffel bag and quickly ran out to meet Jaejoong.

 

Jaejoong was once again, fully dressed and checked his bulova stainless steel bracelet watch, along with Yunho and Hyukjae waiting beside him, "Isn't it strange that Yeonseok always disappeared when it's shower time?" Hyukjae asked.

 

"Don't know, man." Jaejoong said, shrugging "He said he was self-concious so I'm guessing it's normal."

 

"I don't know. There's something familiar about him and I don't know what." Yunho said, frowning a little.

 

"Maybe whenever you went to pick up Yuri, you had a glimpse of him every now and then. He did go to the same school as she did."

 

"Yeah, maybe." Yunho said, looking down at the ground.

 

Checking his phone one last time, Jaejoong started to play around until he heard his roommate's voice, "Hey, sorry I'm late guys. Got caught up." Yuri said, as she panted with her hands on her knees.

 

"It's cool, man. Come on, let's go."

 

Yuri nodded and everyone followed.

 

It was finally Friday. One day before the weekend started and school was almost over for the week and Yuri could go home and visit her family, 'Thank god.' She thought, as both, she and Jaejoong were heading to assembly, "Why do we have an assembly again?" Yuri asked.

 

"I'm guessing it's for the gala festival."

 

"Gala festival? What's that?" Yuri asked, confused.

 

Hyukjae, who was accompanying them, answered "Basically for a joke. The school council had come up with the idea of a gala festival since our school is for male's only. They made some hilarious festival where people can sign up or friends sign up as a group and the task is to dress up as a girl. Then the person who looks most like a girl wins some prize."

 

"Seriously? Do guys actually sign up for that?" Yuri asked, eyes widening a little.

 

"Yeah, it's very popular. It's for a joke to lighten up the mood. It usually happens at the beginning of the year and the people who are chosen are mainly newbies or the jokester of the school. It's a crazy idea but it's entertaining to see a bunch of guys in dresses and wigs with very badly put on makeup. It's been going on for two years now."

 

Yuri 'Oohed' and as she entered the school hall, she saw everybody there, standing in line. Yuri just kept following Jaejoong and everybody else until they all lined up in a random queue. Yuri looked around and once the hall was full, she looked behind her and saw Jaejoong with his hands in his pockets, his weight on one leg as he yawned in boredom. Jaejoong then smirked at her and she blushed a little but smiled back before turning around to the front. She then tapped Yunho's shoulder who was standing in front of her.

 

"So, you signing up for the gala festival?"

 

"No, I never do."

 

Yuri internally cursed, ', if he did, I could have come up with something like glued his wig onto his head or something!'

 

Yuri looked up at the front and saw three boys from the school, all standing there in front of a wooden stand with papers on a stage and then she noticed Kibum who was up there and kept pulling on his sleeves nervously. The first guy then got near the microphone and started talking, "Okay, as you all know, it's the first week into the new year and we called this assembly to talk about an upcoming event. My name is Lee Jihoon and I'm the head of the school council, along with Kim Kibum and Shin Hyesung and the rest of the comity. Now, I'm sure most of you know about the upcoming festival, eh?"

 

Yuri looked around as she heard all the guys cheering and hooting.

 

The boy who was talking, stretched out both his hands to quiet down the audience, "Yes, we know this is exciting for you all. As you all know, the gala festival always starts in the beginning of the year and we have dated that it will be held next week on Wednesday and it will be in the gym with the stage set up and the lights prepared along with all the small trinkets here and there. You can sign up on Monday and it's a maximum of fifty students, just for time management. For all the newbies this year, the gala festival is basically an event that we, the council, have created and the rules are that anybody who signs up has to dress up as a girl, with wigs, dresses and all the fancy, women wear." Yuri heard most boys chuckle then Jihoon started talking again, "And the person who gets the most cheers and applauses win the festival and the grand prize, however, you will not know what the prize is until you win. Now, it's the weekend so all of you take your time to think about who you want to enter and names come up on Tuesday after Monday's sign up. Thank you."

 

Yuri felt a tickling breath hit her ear lobe and noticed it was Jaejoong, "I think you had be perfect for that competition."

 

Yuri swallowed hard as her eyes widened, "N...No, who would want to d...dress u...up as a girl? Certainly n...not me."

 

"We will see."

 

Yuri and the rest of the assembly clapped as the teacher walked up on the stage. He cleared his voice before speaking, "Hello to all of you and welcome to your first assembly meeting. I'm Mr. Dae, for those of you who don't know me or haven't heard of me, I welcome you all and hope you have a safe and brilliant stay. Now, as you may know, we have accepted this sort of event in our school but may I remind you that you need appropriate clothing, no foul language and the event will end at eleven since it's a school night so no stupidity!"

 

"What's the point of the event if you obey the rules? It's not like girl's wear appropriate clothing anyway." Jaejoong snorted.

 

Puffing her cheeks, Yuri whispered, "I'm sure not all girls dress horribly. My girlfriend certainly doesn't." 'Thank you Hyo for being born.'

 

"Maybe." Jaejoong said, shrugging "Then again, I dated the total opposite of normal."

 

Yuri laughed and students nearby heard her and turned to looked at her weirdly. Yuri quickly put a hand over as Jaejoong nudged her as he smirked, "Trouble maker, shorty."

 

"Oh, be quiet you." Yuri said, punching him playfully.

 

"Now, I hope you all have a fantastic and exciting weekend visiting parents, relatives, girlfriend's, heck even boyfriends and make sure to do all your assigned homework, classwork and study." Just as Mr. Dae had finished speaking, the bell rang and school was over for the week. Yuri's first week as a boy. All the boys ran out of the assembly and headed to their dorms or ran out of the school building, straight away if they weren't residing in the dormitories.

 

Yuri kept getting trampled and some bruises from the gym on Monday and Wednesday wasn't fully gone and recovered yet so she winced every now and then. Jaejoong would just shove or push anybody in his way then again, most students moved out of his way willingly. Soon, Jaejoong, Yuri, Yunho and Hyukjae were heading to the dorms. Hyukjae and Yunho waved their goodbye as Yuri kept staring at Yunho for a little longer, glaring at his back, 'Oh, this weekend will be fun. I will think of anything I could to make you pay, you bastard!'

 

"Shorty, come on." Jaejoong said, a little impatient.

 

Yuri nodded and ran up the stairs to catch up to her roommate. Once they were both in the dorms, she had grabbed her other duffel bag and started to pack a few things, such as some clothes which she had packed even though she wouldn't be wearing male clothing, some shoes, her phone purse...Well, wallet and as she zipped up her bag, she turned around to see Jaejoong laying on the sofa, one arm behind his head and the other on his phone, doing whatever, his legs crossed and because he was so tall, his legs mainly stood out from the length of the sofa.

 

"Hey, aren't you packing?" Yuri asked. Didn't he want to visit his family, too?

 

"Not going anywhere. I'm staying here."

 

Yuri tilted her head to the side in confusion as she went and sat down on the sofa opposite of his, "What do you mean? What about your family? Don't you want to go back home for a little bit? You know, to take a breather?" "Can't." Jaejoong answered quickly, not even looking away from his phone.

 

"Why not?"

 

"They aren't in Korea. Their somewhere in Japan." Jaejoong said monotonously, as if he had said this sentence many times before.

 

"Oh, when will they be back?"

 

"Don't know. They tell me last minute." Jaejoong answered again rapidly, "Where are you going?" He asked, changing the topic.

 

"Well, I'm going back to visit my family and Hyo and maybe meet some old friends from Neunggok." Yuri answered, noticing how Jaejoong wasn't really comfortable talking about his family.

 

Nodding, Jaejoong said, "Have fun, shorty."

 

Yuri bit her bottom lips, not knowing if she should ask this or not, "So, what are you going to do?"

 

"Don't know." Jaejoong said, shrugging "Same thing I do every weekend. Stay here, hang out with Hyukjae, Yunho and Yoseob. Not much."

 

"Okay." Yuri said, nodding then heard another bell rang. Confused, Yuri looked down at Jaejoong. Jaejoong chuckled as he stood up and explained, "That bell signals that students can leave the premises if they are in the dorms."

 

Yuri 'Oohed' and grabbbed her duffel bag before making sure she had everything. She walked over to the door and put her set of keys in her pocket. Touching the door handle and when she was about to opened it, she saw Jaejoong beside her.

 

"Have fun, shorty."

 

Yuri blushed a little. He had stretched his arm to touch the wall while his other was in his pocket, his fanged smirk, sending illegal chills throughout Yuri's body. Yuri just turned back around quickly and bit her tongue from such thoughts, "Y...Yeah, you too." And with that, Yuri waved before walking out of the apartment and down the stairs. She heard the door close behind her and sighed as she sat down on the steps, placing her open palm on her chest where her heart was, "Damn, its beating too fast. What the hell is wrong with me?"

 

Just then, she felt a touch on her shoulder. Looking up, Yuri noticed that it was Kibum. Kibum smiled down at him as he saw Yeonseok's eyes look up at his, "Hey, you okay?"

 

Yuri couldn't help but give a small smile back as she nodded, "Yeah, I'm fine. Just got heart burn." 'Heart burn? Seriously Yuri? Maybe this is a reason why you were born a girl, instead of a guy.'

 

Kibum nodded and went into his bag before taking out a little box of tablets. Yuri looked at the box then at him. Kibum saw the confusion in his crush's eyes and blushed a little, "I s...sometimes g...get heart burn myself. H...Here, you need it m...more than I do right now."

 

Yuri couldn't help but smile at just how adorable he was. She didn't know why people would bully him. The poor guy was so innocent and thoughtful. He doesn't look like a bad guy in the least. Yuri smiled as she took the box, a little sweat drop on her forehead, 'But I don't actually have heart burn.' Yuri thought, as she put the box in her bag, "Well, have a nice weekend, Kibum. Thanks again, for this."

 

As Yuri turned to walk down the stairs, she then felt a hand on her shoulder, making her turned towards Kibum again, "Yeah, what is it?"

 

Shaking his head, Kibum said, "You have some gum in your hair."

 

Yuri frowned a little. Gum? Must have been when she fell in gym class this afternoon. She did fall by the bleachers and they were known to be full of gum and food but why didn't Jaejoong notice? "Oh, where?" Yuri asked, touching her hair as she tried to find the gum.

 

"N...No, not there. M...May I?" Kibum asked, outstretching his hand and before Yuri could tell him no, he had already pulled the gum gently and when it didn't budge, he pulled a little bit harder and Yuri's eyes widened as her natural hair roll down her back, her natural fringe taking its place again, and her skin pale as she realized what just happened.

 

Kibum's eyes widened also as he fell on his bum, his round face filled with shock, "Y...Your...Your a w...w...omen."