Love Bites

Love Bites

Chapter 21

 

Yuri kept laying there. She couldn't say anything. No, she just didn't know what to say. Jaejoong had just said he loved her. The same Jaejoong who had loved Seohyun and got hurt. The same Jaejoong who slept with all those girls in the summer to mend a broken heart, who met her and changed his ways, who opened up to her and who taught her things that nobody could ever have done, who was all alone every year, who was a number one star basketball player, was saying the three words she had never heard ever in her life. Not even from Yunho.

 

I love you.

 

Jaejoong seemed to have noticed her tense up as he said the three words that he never thought he had be able to say to anybody else ever again. Jaejoong stared into her eyes as he saw they were wide like saucers, laced with confusion and uncertainty. Cupping her cheeks gently, he swallowed once before asking, "Yul, do you?"

 

Yuri knew he didn't need to say anything more for her to know what he wanted her to answer. Yuri felt her eyes well up a little and constrict. One thing was saying it in a song, in a song where it holds a different meaning. However, truly hearing it from his lips, it made her heart race but her mind scream at her to get away, yet she wanted to so badly tell him. Tell him that his feelings weren't one-sided, that she most certainly had strong feelings for him but how could she acknowledge them when she was living a lie?

 

Yuri bit her bottom lips as she sat up, causing Jaejoong to sit up also. Yuri felt his hands slowly fall from her face and to his side. She saw him look down as if he was an abandoned puppy. Yuri bit her bottom lips, not knowing what to say. She so badly wanted to say 'I love you too' but the words were clogged in and she couldn't find the means to say them. She looked down, not knowing what to do until she felt two hands gently grab the material of her dress and put it back on her.

 

Yuri was confused until she heard his words, "I'm sorry." Yuri looked up to see him looking down at the covers. Yuri didn't understand but then he spoke again, "I'm sorry. I...I shouldn't have...I'm sorry." Jaejoong jumped down to the floor before scratching his head and grabbing the wine glasses and putting them in the kitchen. Yuri was confused at first by his actions. Why did he just get up and leave? Oh, no. He...God, she was so stupid! The guy just said he loved her and she just sat there without saying a single word. Yuri felt her eyes widened as her breathing started to quickened slightly. Jumping down, she walked over to him.

 

Jaejoong was in the kitchen, his hands leaning and grabbing the side of the surface, his head down and his eyes closed, his breathing slow and his sighed sad. Yuri outstretched her hand and hovered it over his shoulder, however, she refrained herself from doing so. She couldn't...She couldn't hurt him this way, she couldn't answer him. She didn't know how since all she knew was that if she was here, she had only hurt him. She quickly sniffled, starting to feel tears stinging the cornered of her eyes. She quickly grabbed her coat and handbag and saw the bag that was sitting by the sofa. His late Christmas present. She grabbed it and placed it on the kitchen table. She was about to open to say something, however, he interrupted her, "I'm sorry, just please leave." Yuri sniffled again, before running towards the door and walked out, closing the door behind her.

 

Jaejoong fell to the ground, his eyes scrunched up and his hands now placed on each side of his head, "Godamnit! I'm a ing idiot! It was too ing soon! I...I...Damnit!" Jaejoong got up and went to the fridge where he quickly took out a bottle of soju he saved when he really needed to drain his emotions. This was a special case. He opened it and drank it all in one go before placing it on the surface of the table. He sighed and ruffled his hair in anger before throwing himself on the sofa. He groaned and held his head, "Why was I so stupid?! Now, she probably hates me." He said, and went to his phone to check and saw Yeonseok's name pop up on his friend list. He was about to call but thought better of it, not wanting to disturb his friend at this time. Jaejoong sighed and leaned back. He then inclined his head to the surface of the kitchen and noticed the bag that Yuri had left. He got up tentatively and slowly grabbed it before opening the strapped and the first thing he saw was an envelope. Jaejoong put his hand in and took the letter before opening it. He saw the card had a photo of a baby mickey mouse and baby pluto sleeping together, side by side. Jaejong laughed lightly before opening the card and seeing what was inside.

 

'To Jae Oppa,

 

Hey, I'm sorry for this late Christmas present but I didn't know what to get you. I hope you like the gift and I'm sorry if it's not much, however, I think it represents you a whole lot.

 

From Yul'

 

Jaejoong sighed and placed the card on the table before looking in to see a box and as he took it out, he saw another note stuck on it. He took it and read the few, meaningful words it said.

 

'If you just close your eyes and believe that you will win and know that deep down, you already are a winner. That is the key to success.'

 

Jaejoong smiled, "She remembered. She remembered what I told her." Jaejoong said, and placed the note down on the table, along with the other one and took out the box, curious as to what exactly she got him that was so big. He opened the lid and his eyes widened once he saw a basketball, cushioned with cotton. He dropped the lid of the box as the cardboard fell and hit the ground, causing the sound to resonate in the room. Jaejoong went and slowly grabbed the ball. It was hard and rough, the colour was polished and new. Yuri was the first person who had actually bought him the one gift that was closest to his heart.

 

His dream.

 

Jaejoong placed the ball back in the box before grabbing his black excelled hooded faux-leather moto jacket and ran out. He needed to find her, tell her he was sorry and that he didn't care if she didn't love him yet. Tell her that he would wait for as long as he needed. He wanted to apologize for sounding rude before. He just wanted to be near her. Yuri was running down the streets, tears running down her cheeks, spreading to her chin and dripping on the pavement. She clutched her coat around her body tightly before slowing down. She fell to the ground on her hands and knee, not caring if she scraped her knee, not caring about the slight rain that was starting to fall. She kept crying, her hands as she cried, her curls getting wetter as the rain was falling harder and vigorously. Much like her heart. She reached up with one hand to grasp her coat tightly over the left side of her chest. It hurts. It hurts so much. She couldn't do this anymore. She hated it. She hated lying. She was never a liar, she never had to, she was always such a good model student, a perfect daughter with excellent grades and a high profile. However, she was horrible. She was a horrible person for taking it this far. She hated herself for doing this to Jaejoong. She should have never told him yes, she should have never met him as Yuri. If only he had known her as Yeonseok, just Yeonseok then she would have never fallen in love with him.

 

Love? She had fallen in love with him. Yuri bent her head as she carried on crying. How could she have done this? She had fallen in love with him.

 

Who was she kidding? She was in love with him before he met her as Yuri. She was drawn in his arrogance, his stubbornness, his kind and loving heart, his undying passion for basketball, his soft caring nature towards Yuri and his strong bond with Yeonseok. Yuri sniffled as the tears never stopped, the drops of rain hitting her back, damping her hair. She didn't care though because the only person she cared about was the one person she wished she never did, "I knew I loved you before I met you Jae Oppa." Yuri was still on her knees as she gripped her coat tighter as she remembered the lyrics to their song, "I love you Oppa, yet I can't! Why?! Why do you have to love me?! Why couldn't you hate me?!" Yuri screamed. She didn't care about the rain. She didn't care about the running people passing her and not even caring or giving her a second glance. She didn't care about anything. She was a horrible person. She should have never led Jaejoong on, knowing that she would only causes him more pain and heartbreak after the truth was shown.

 

Seohyun came out from the shadow, a cigarette in between her fingers and a devilish smirk on her light pink lips. She was having a smoke as she stood outside a random shop, thinking about the deal she had made with Yunho that day.

 

*Flashback*

 

Seohyun smirked as she her full pink lips and bent down to Yunho's form before slowly sliding her hands down his chest seductively, "I have a proposition that I think you will like." Seohyun said, smirking.

 

'Oh yes, a very nice proposition.' She thought happily.

 

Yunho snarled as he looked up, "I don't make deals with ! Sorry but I think you got the wrong guy!" Yunho was about to get up, however, Seohyun placed her hand on his chest as she smirked.

 

"Tsk tsk, now, come on, I'm pretty sure your mom taught you better manners than that."

 

Yunho growled and threw her hands away, causing Seohyun to wince. Yunho then spoke, "I'm sorry but I ain't interested in your proposition !" Yunho stuffed his hands in his trouser pockets before walking off.

 

Seohyun growled and 'Humphed' before turning around, "Do you not want Yuri back?"

 

Yunho stopped instantly at hearing her name. He turned around and narrowed his eyes, "What the hell are you on about Seo?!" Yunho asked.

 

Seohyun smirked. She was happy she got his attention. Seohyun started to slowly walk forward, "You see, I want my Jae baby back and from what I can tell, you aren't exactly happy with Yuri dating, shall we say."

 

Yunho growled a little, not knowing what the was up, too!

 

"Oh, so impatient." Seohyun said, sighing "Look, I want my Jae back and I have a theory about your little ex-girlfriend." Yunho glared but grunted, asking her to carry on. Seohyun smirked, "You see, I have been watching very closely that Yeonseok guy and Yuri. I never once saw Yeonseok or Yuri together throughout that whole game and I certainly don't see how they don't hang out if Jae is such good friends with Yeonseok. Knowing him, he had want his 'Girlfriend' to meet him, yet they never do. I always either see Yeonseok or Yuri, never both."

 

Yunho huffed, "What exactly are you getting at Seo? I don't understand."

 

Seohyun sighed and rubbed the bridge of her nose, "You see, I find it weird how Yuri isn't in Neunggok high anymore and how automtically she is dating my Jae baby and isn't it weird that Yeonseok just popped up all of a sudden? I mean, don't you think that Yeonseok warmed up to Jae pretty quickly, not to mention, Yeonseok gets worried whenever Yuri is mentioned around him? I have a suspicion that Yuri is Yeonseok, yet I have only to find proof."

 

Yunho narrowed his eyes, "And where the hell did you come up with such a stupid assumption?!"

 

Seohyun glared, "If I prove my theory is right then we can break them up using it as blackmail. Think about it. I find the proof, blackmail Yuri to leave Jae and the school or I will tell Jae about her secret, causing him to get angry and leave her, allowing you to sweep poor little Yuri off her feet while Jae is left alone, heart broken with only me to comfort him. Its a lose-lose situation to Yuri but a win-win to us. What do you say?" Seohyun said, her eyes darkening, "Are you with me?"

 

*End of Flashback*

 

She then heard footsteps and saw a black figure fall over. She then narrowed her eyes, realizing just who it was. Yuri. Huh, a pitiful excuses of a girl she was. She hated her. She knew she was dating Jaejoong. Her Jaejoong. Jaejoong was hers and only hers. Yeah, she probably was unfaithful but who wasn't once in their lives. She studied Yuri carefully. Why the hell was she crying for?! God, she was such a lowlife. She knew she was hiding something and she would find out the real reason why Yuri had left Neunggok high and she knew that Yeonseok had something to do with Yuri. She took another puff as she saw the girl in tears. She turned when she felt a tap on her shoulder to see three guys and smirked, "Hey boys." Seohyun said to the three guys, that were standing behind her.

 

"What you doing this time Seo? Aren't you usually keeping people company?" One of the boys asked, smirking. Seohyun gave out a dry laugh before taking another puff, "Its none of your damn business!" Seohyun said, and turned to looked back at the pitiful crying girl before slowly smirking as an idea pop up into her head. She turned back and leaned against a brick wall, "You know, I'm so lucky to have bumped into you three. I have a job for you boys." Seohyun said, her lips.

 

"What job is that? Does it involve a reward after?" One of the boys asked, grinning horribly as he his lips. Seohyun took another puff, straightening her black jessica simpson halter neckline blouson thigh-length dress before crossing her arms with one hand placing the cigarette in . She had an idea. She turned to Yuri and pointed her perfectly manicure finger, "That girl over there, I know her. Let's just say she owes me and is a little overdue on her payment. Think you can handle her for me? Don't worry." Seohyun said, walking forward and running a hand down one of the boys chest and gently grazing his chest, "I will give you a hefty reward after." Seohyun said, winking at the other two before stepping back.

 

"As you wish Seo." The second boy said. They all walked over to Yuri slowly and tentatively. Seohyun couldn't wait to see the show, 'This is what you get for messing with me Yuri.'

 

Yuri opened her eyes as she saw the wet concrete pavement below her. She realized just how pathetic she must have looked. Yuri was about to stand up but when she did, she saw three shadows approaching her. She looked up and saw three boys who definitely didn't look welcoming.

 

Yuri stepped back as she grabbed her handbag and pressed it closely against her chest. Her eyes wide with fear, her breathing labouring as more tears fell from her eyes, "W...Who a...are you? A...And what do y...you want?" One of the three boys smirked and walked closer, "Well, we were just wondering until we spot an innocent, young girl like you crying all alone. Tell me." The boy said, and grabbed her chin, causing her to slap his hand away. The boy laughed, "Why is such a beautiful and feisty specimen like you outside so late? Don't you know big bad wolves can come and eat you?" One of the boys asked, grabbing Yuri's wrist.

 

Yuri screamed and used her handbag to hit the guy over the head, "Leave me alone!"

 

One of the other boys laughed, "Look at her squirming with fear. Damn, she sure is a beautiful one! Too bad we have to teach her some proper manners."

 

Yuri's eyes widened as she screamed, "JAE OPPA!"

 

Jaejoong was running down the streets, his hair soaking wet and damp, his leather jacket protecting his shirt but his trousers and navy polo ralph lauren faxon canvas lace sneakers were wet from falling in puddles. His grey eyes worried as he looked around for his girlfriend, "Yul?! Yul, where are you?!" Jaejoong yelled, running down the street and that's when he heard a voice. A voice that made his heart stop and his body paralyzed.

 

"JAE OPPA!"

 

Jaejoong quickly ran down a street on the right and what he saw made his demon blood roar on fire and his eyes seep from their normal grey to a blood thirsty red. His fangs elongating as he saw the three males he wanted to kill. The three males who were causing harm to his girl and mate. Jaejoong saw Yuri laying on the ground, kicking, screaming and punching. Jaejoong ran forward before shouting, "YUL!"

 

Yuri turned to see a figure running towards her, tears leaking from her eyes as she smiled, "Oppa."

 

Seohyun's eyes widened as she heard Jaejoong's voice. She saw his figure running past her, causing her to drop her cigarette and the smirk from her face before looking at the shocking scene. Jaejoong's eyes were red and his growl was enough proof to warn her that he had become a demon.

 

Jaejoong grabbed the guy that was on top of Yuri before turning him around and punching him. The other two guys tried to punch him but Jaejoong was way too angry and pissed off to even give them a second glance. He simply punched them both so hard from the amount of strength he now inherited from his demon side. The three boy saw this and their eyes widened as they stepped back.

 

Jaejoong walked forward as he growled, "You three! If you ever touch her again, I swear you will not live to see tomorrow! Get lost you bastards!"

 

The three boys got up and ran away, causing Jaejoong to smirk in victory, however, he heard Yuri's voice, "Oppa, you came." Jaejoong turned and ran towards Yuri before pulling her into a tight embrace, his eyes closed and his nose buried in her neck as he gently rocked her. Yuri wrapped her arms around his waist as her tears poured out and soaked his jacket. Jaejoong purred, knowing how it had a calming effect on her. Yuri sniffled as she leaned against him. Jaejoong quickly placed her on his lap before gently brushing his lips against hers, his eyes slowly returning to their grey.

 

Jaejoong looked at Yuri and quickly pressed his lips against hers again, in a sweet, short and gentle kiss. He pulled her in once more and made sure to hug her tightly, letting her know that he was there.

 

"Oppa, I was s...so scared but I tried."

 

Jaejoong chuckled lightly, "You did Yul, and I'm proud of you. God Yul, I was so scared." Jaejoong said, not wanting to cry himself.

 

Yuri sniffled and shook her head, "I'm sorry. I'm so sorry."

 

Jaejoong shushed her as he patted her head. He didn't care if people were looking at them weirdly. All he was thankful for was that he was there on time. He bent down and whispered into her ear, "I'm always here Yul. I will always protect you."

 

Yuri nodded and embraced him back tightly, "I know." She said quietly.

 

Seohyun's hands were limp by her sides as she fell against the brick wall. She couldn't believe it. Jaejoong had protected her. He had protected that girl and...and...No, this wasn't how it was meant to be. Seohyun narrowed her eyes as she glared at the couple.

 

Jaejoong looked up as he heard a person gasps. He looked up quickly to catch a trace of a pale face and dark hair. He looked some more and saw who was there. Jaejoong growled, 'Seo!' However, the shadow left and walked away. Jaejoong was fuming. She would pay for doing this to Yuri. She would definitely pay. Jaejoong looked down and gently picked her up bridal style before standing up himself and walking to the direction of Yuri's house.

 

Yuri sniffled and looked up, "I'm sorry Oppa."

 

Jaejoong growled as he pulled her tighter against his chest, "Don't say that Yul. If anyone needs to be sorry its me. I'm so sorry for...for...I...I'm not good with words but I...I understand if you don't feel the same way. I will wait Yul. I will wait if that's what it takes to get you to feel the same."

 

Yuri's eyes widened as she looked up, "Oppa, I..."

 

"I know it's sudden but I mean it Yul. I don't know why but you caught my attention so easily, you caught my heart faster than any other girl I have ever met. You are my best friend and the girl I want to protect and loving you is all I want to do. I know it's really sudden especially so fast into our relationship but for some strange reason, I felt like I have known you for much longer Yul. You make me laugh, question, want, need, you make me feel so many different emotions unlike anybody else." Jaejoong said, and stopped to looked down at Yuri, "I love you Yuri Kim and I will wait until you feel the same. I will wait until you can open up your heart to me and allow only me to hold it, allow only me to love you, to kiss you, to embrace you and I will wait until the day you are willing to become mine, fully and solely mine." Jaejoong said, his eyes serious and his tone deep and filled with sincerity.

 

Yuri's eyes widened as she heard his words. He really did love her. He didn't just say it for a laugh like Yunho always did. Heck, she never heard it from Yunho but Jaejoong. She couldn't help the overflow of happiness she felt, however, it was crushed by the harsh reality of what their whole relationship is based on and all the secret it harbours. Yuri looked down and felt him moving once again. She just leaned her head against his chest, closing her eyes and secretly allowing a single tear to slip out, 'Oh Oppa, if only I could tell you that I feel the same.' Jaejoong stopped outside Yuri's house, allowing Yuri to step down from his arms. She turned to Jaejoong, gripping onto his jacket as if pleading to not leave her. However, she looked into his pained eyes and felt his arms wrap around her and bring her in a tight and warm embrace.

 

"No matter what Yul, I will always protect you." Jaejoong said, and cupped her cheeks before placing a gentle kiss on her forehead and then walking away.

 

Yuri looked at his retreating figure as the cold wind reminded her of the tears she cried before as they stung her cheeks, "Oppa, I will protect you too, which is why I want to tell you soon." Yuri said, sighing and looked down and then turned around to walk back home, her brain still clear of the image of the three thugs that she had met before. She unlocked the door and saw Mrs. Kim run towards her and hug her tightly.

 

"Oh Yuri, honey, do you know what time it is? It's past ten. Where have you been? And have you been crying?" Mrs. Kim asked, rubbing Yuri's arms.

 

Yuri shook her head, "No, mom and I'm sorry, I lost track of time."

 

Mrs. Kim sighed and nodded, "It's ok. Your dad is still at work. I won't tell him but you need to be back on time next time okay, dear?"

 

Yuri smiled and nodded, giving her mom a hug and kissing her cheek before running up the stairs. Once she opened the door to her room, she was assaulted by Hyoyeon's arms, "Oh Yul, what took you so long? And you better have a good explanation." Hyoyeon said, her eyes laced with worry and concern.

 

Yuri sighed and nodded before walking to the bed and falling into Hyoyeon's arms as fresh tears assaulted her eyes. Hyoyeon embraced her sister and waited until she had to let it all out.

 

It was finally January. The new year of 2015. Yuri had spoken with Hyoyeon who consoled her that night and made sure to give her confidence that everything will be alright. However, Yuri didn't believe so. She knew that she had to tell Jaejoong but she didn't want to tell him when the next championship match was in a months time. She didn't want to distract him. She knew how much this meant to him and she wouldn't be the one to take that away from him.

 

Yuri was walking down the hall, leading to the dorm building. Ever since that night, she couldn't help but feel wary of the guys she passed, even when Hyukjae said hi to her, she stayed her distance. Yuri went into the building and saw Kibum, "Hey Yu...Yeonseok." Kibum said, smiling.

 

Yuri smiled back and bowed, "Morning Ki. You ready for the math test on Friday?"

 

Kibum groaned, "Oh look, I...I think t...the teacher is calling for me. Gotta go." Kibum said, then ran off, leaving behind a giggling Yuri.

 

Yuri got into the building and climbed up the stairs before opening the door to her and Jaejoong's dorm, "Hey shorty." Jaejoong said, smiling.

 

Yuri smiled back and placed her duffel bag on her bed. She couldn't help but feel happy when she saw the ball she bought him packed away safety in his bag, "Hello Mr. Arrogant, got practice today?" 'Act casual Yuri, act casual and don't start crying again.'

 

Jaejoong smiled and nodded, "Yeah, you coming on to root for me again?"

 

Yuri forced a smiled on as she nodded, "Of course. Don't I always?" Yuri said, and turned back and frowned as she took out her clothes.

 

Jaejoong was confused and walked over to his roommate, wrapping an arm around his shoulders, "Hey shorty, what's wrong? You seem sad? Did something happen over the new year?"

 

Yuri sighed, 'Oh, a lot happened Oppa.' Yuri shook her head and smiled, "Nothing. You over-react all the time. Come on, let's go to class since we do have a test on Friday so said the notice board."

 

Jaejoong groaned, "For which subject?"

 

Yuri smirked, "Your one and only favourite."

 

Jaejoong sighed, "Great, just my luck. Hey shorty, you still with Hyoyeon, right?"

 

Yuri nodded slowly. Why did he ask that out of the blue?

 

Jaejoong bit his bottom lips and shuffled around nervously, "Well, I was wondering, when exactly did you two tell each other you loved each other?"

 

Yuri's eyes widened and before she could answer, the bell rang for first period, "C...Come on, we have class." Yuri said, before running out the dorm, already in her uniform and duffel bag in hand. Jaejoong was confused at his roommate's sudden hesitation but just shrugged it off as he grabbed his own bag and ran out.

 

Jaejoong looked down at his phone and sighed. It had been nearly a month as it was February. Valentine's day was coming up and his match was going to be on that very day. Ever since that day he confessed, he hadn't gotten much message from her. They met up and laughed but he knew that Yuri was still trying to get used to the whole 'I love you' situation. He felt like an idiot! Why did he confess so soon? On one hand, he was glad he did but on another, he regretted it with a passion. He never felt so lost and desperate in his life.

 

Yes, the great Jaejoong was lost, desperate and madly in love with a girl who didn't seem to have the same feelings. Jaejoong sighed again. It was currently two and he still couldn't sleep and then he heard Yeonseok talk, "You know, if you keep sighing, you will run out of air to breath?"

 

Jaejoong chuckled and placed the phone on the bedside table. He then intertwined his hands and placed it behind his head, "Hey, shorty?"

 

Yuri gripped her pillow as she shuffled uncomfortably, "Yeah." She said in her deep voice.

 

Jaejoong thought for a moment as he his lips, "If a girl doesn't say 'I love you' after a month or so, do you think that means she isn't interested?"

 

Yuri closed her eyes tightly. She knew this would happen. She knew that trying to act as if nothing happened throughout the whole of January was a bad idea but she couldn't help it. She just didn't know how to react to such a confession, especially in the circumstances she was in. She thought about her answer for a moment before answering, "Maybe she has her reasons. I'm pretty sure she does like you and love you but maybe she just needs time."

 

Jaejoong clicked his tongue, "But isn't a month long enough?"

 

Yuri turned and laid on her back, "Sometimes, time is something we all need. Time for a girl is special and in a way, a breather. It allows a girl to organize her mind and thoughts without needing to attract much attention and a slow process to come to her senses."

 

Jaejoong nodded, "But what if the guy is suffering?" Yuri's eyes widened a little as he continued, "What if the guy is scared, scared that maybe the one and only girl he ever loved would reject him?"

 

Yuri closed her eyes tightly, trying to prevent any tears leave them. She opened them once more before speaking, "You need to have trust and faith. If you know she's the one then I'm sure she does, too."

 

Jaejoong sighed and closed his eyes, "I hope your right, shorty. I hope your right." And with that, he took in a deep breath before closing his eyes and succumbing to sleep. Yuri sat up and ran her hands through her fake hair. She touched the wig. Why is it that before she felt this was right and now, she just felt that this was most probably the worst idea of her life? She came here for revenge which then turned out for her to have an even harsher heart break and this time, she would be the causes of it. Just as Yunho had done, Yuri would do the same with Jaejoong, 'Never had I thought I had fall in love with my roommate.' Yuri hated that she felt so attached to him. That her body felt like it was on fire. Her body ached to be near him, to tell him that she loved him. However, she couldn't. The horrible truth was holding her back from doing so, as if a choker was on , squeezing the words to make sure she never said them. However, her heart was in so much pain. She only felt her heart relax when she was in Jaejoong's arms. Yuri laid back down. In a week, it was Valentine's day, meaning that in a week, it was Jaejoong's next match. She had to be there as Yuri. She had to be there as Yeonseok first but would end the night with Yuri.

 

A week had passed and it was finally the 14th of Feburary. Valentine's day. Oh, the joy of Valentine's day. Yuri was groaning as she and the other boys saw a bunch of girls from Neunggok high and other nearby schools cheering and screeching for the boys to look at them. Yuri was walking past the entrance with Jaejoong and Kibum in order to get to Science, however, as they did, the girls all screeched and giggled, "Jaejoong Oppa! Jaejoong Oppa, over here!" Some girls yelled out.

 

This caused Yuri to feel a pang of jealousy and turned to see Jaejoong wasn't even paying any attention to them. Yuri then smirked and wrapped an arm around Jaejoong's neck, putting him in a choke hold, "Oh, look who's popular." Yuri said, teasingly.

 

Jaejoong got out of the choke hold, "Hey shorty, you jealous?" Jaejoong asked, smirking and wiggle his eyebrows. Yuri blushed and quickly snorted, "Gosh, you are so arrogant." Yuri said, elbowing Kibum as she saw him smirking. Jaejoong winked, "Yeah, I know. You have said that for a while now."

 

Yuri sighed, "You ready for your match today?" Kibum asked, changing the topic as he tried to pull Yuri away from beating the fangirls.

 

Jaejoong jumped and nodded, "Hell yeah!"

 

"Hey." Hyukjae said, jumping on Jaejoong's back.

 

Jaejoong quickly threw him off and turned around, "Hey ert, what's the big deal?"

 

Hyukjae sighed and 'Tsked', wrapping an arm around Jaejoong's neck, "Oh, come on, can't a friend say hi?" Jaejoong snorted and soon, the bell rang again, signaling lesson started, "Oh, !" They all said, as they ran to Science. Yuri looked behind Jaejoong as they ran down the corridor, her mind wondering on tonight, 'Should I tell him? Hyo told me that when the time is right then I will know but will I really?'

 

Yuri was sitting in Heechul's car with Heechul while Hyoyeon and Xiumin were already inside the gym, saving the seats. However, Yuri couldn't go in yet. She was too nervous. Yeah, sure, she had met Jaejoong after the incident but tonight was the night she was planning on perhaps telling him about her feelings. However, every time she thought like that, the thought of the lie she was currently living was holding her back from declaring her true feelings. Should she? If she did, their relationship would be based on a totally different level, not only would they be a couple but they had be lovers. They would enter the stage of forever, however, she would be so happy and willing to spend the rest of her life with him. He was her best friend, her shoulder to cry on, to laugh with, she would feel like the luckiest girl on the planet. However, if she didn't, when the inevitable truth comes out, she would have made sure that their relationship wasn't something serious, allowing Jaejoong to forget about her eventually. Yet, she didn't want to do that because she knew that the rest of the time they had be together now until then, he would want an answer and...Oh god, this was so confusing.

 

Yuri looked down and played with her silver tummy-control cuffed capri jeans.

 

"Yul, what's up?" Heechul asked, sensing his friends distress and he knew why.

 

Yuri felt like crying as she looked down at her lap, "I'm scared. I...I want to tell him that I love him, that I have had strong feelings for a while and that he is my everything. He even gave me as much time as I wanted but then, I don't want to because I don't want the separation to be harsher than it will be. I'm just confused. I...I..."

 

"Yul, what do you feel when you are around him?" Heechul asked, looking at her.

 

Yuri sighed happily as she gave a small, gentle smile, "So happy. It just feels like an emotional high. Whenever I'm with him, I don't feel stressed out or worried. I feel excited, free and loved. It's just a list that goes on forever and never stops."

 

Heechul sighed, "Yul, love is an emotional high. It is a strong feeling of affection that links to fondness, happiness and attainment. Heck, even intimacy." Yuri blushed at this, "However, it is also a massive weakness to a person. Love doesn't ask why Yul, love doesn't think twice, it can come on at once or whisper from a distance. If he truly does love you then I know without a doubt that even if he might not forgive you straight away, that he would give you a second chance if he truly does love you and believe that this is worth it."

 

Yuri sighed, "But how do I know if...?"

 

"Yul, think about what I just said. Do you really love him?"

 

Yuri leaned back and gave a small smile, "With all my heart. He's the reason that I even smile nowadays. Before when I found it hard to be in a certain distance with Yunho, he would always be there to divert me to another direction, he gave me so many open doors and opportunities to forget him. He strengthened me and without a second thought, helped me to become strong and independent. He is my best friend and he makes me feel emotions that Yunho could never have done."

 

Heechul leaned back into his chair and looked straight forward, "Then tell him you love him Yul."

 

Yuri was shocked. She definitely thought that her best friend would tell her that this absurd lie was way out of hand and stupid to carry on! However, he was encouraging her, "Chul Oppa, why...?"

 

"Easy. I'm thinking like you." Heechul said, interrupting Yuri, "I honestly believe that you two have a strong connection and bond with each other. I can see it in your eyes Yul. Whenever you talk about him, your eyes will sparkle and when your at his games, your eyes would light up and your lips would form a smile. Face it. Your head over heels for this guy and if he can make you feel like this then trust me, even after the worst comes along, you two will never forget such strong feelings and emotions that easily."

 

Yuri took in a deep breath and smiled as she leaned forward and embraced Heechul tightly, "Thank you Oppa." Yuri said, feeling tears pouring from her eyes.

 

Heechul chuckled and carefully wiped her tears away from her eyes, "Now, come on, we don't want lover boy to see you crying now, do we?"

 

Yuri laughed before nodding and opening the car door before running out. She was running towards Jaejoong as Yuri. Yuri ran into the gym, holding tightly onto her black london fog double-ed hooded trench coat as she ran towards the changing rooms and once she did, she saw Jaejoong leading the seaside from the changing rooms. Yuri smiled and ran towards him, "Jae Oppa!"

 

Jaejoong looked up to see Yuri and grinned as he ran towards her and once she was close, he embraced her tightly before smiling and leaning down to give her a soft kiss. Hearing all the wolf whistles in the background from the rest of the team, the couple separated, blushing madly, however, Jaejoong was damn proud to show it off, oblivious to a snarling Yunho who was leaning against the wall!

 

"You came in the end." Jaejoong said happily.

 

Yuri nodded and cupped his cheeks gently before smiling, "Oppa, there's something I want to tell you."

 

Jaejoong's eyes widened and as he looked into her eyes, he couldn't help but feel anxious. Was she...Was she going to...?

 

"Oppa, I..."

 

A/N: new upcoming fanfic 'Until Love Happened' starring Jung Yunho and Kwon Yuri