Love Bites

Love Bites

Chapter 16

 

Jaejoong grabbed the ball as it flew into the air and smacked it harshly as he passed it to Hyukjae. Hyukjae grabbed the ball quickly and started to dribble as he ran to the left side of the court which was where their goal was before jumping a little and passing it to Yunho who was closer to the hoop. He grabbed it before throwing it to another player, however, it was snatched by the other team, making Yunho cursed. Jaejoong, however, ran and managed to steal the ball from the guy and successfully managed before running to the left side and instead of passing it, he took the chance and jumped up, throwing the ball towards the hoop. He fell towards the ground as the ball went through.

 

"One point for the seaside!" The referee announced, as he change the track score.

 

Jaejoong smiled and high-fived his team players. He then turned to see Yuri smiling and clapping as she cheered. Winking at her, Jaejoong noticed Yuri blush before she bit her bottom lips and winked back, making Jaejoong smiled. Yunho noticed this and turned towards Jaejoong's direction. He then saw Yuri wink at his best friend before feeling his blood boiled through his veins. How dare she? Yunho saw Jaejoong walk away as he cheered and waved at the crowd. Yunho was suspicious and kept looking at Yuri, hating that she wasn't cheering for him like she had always done like a good girl. No, she was now rooting for his ing best friend, ignoring him completely! Was Hyoyeon telling him the truth? Did Yuri truly forget about him? Impossible. Yuri loved him too much. She was always his puppy who he could do whatever he wanted with. However, she never wanted to go any further than make-out sessions and he wanted more. He heard the whistle as the game began again. He would keep an eye out throughout the game, "Ready, go!" The referee yelled, blowing the whistle as he threw the ball up into the air again. Jaejoong successfully smacked the ball hard, passing it to a team player. He then ran to the left side and waved his arms, blocking the other players before he saw Hyukjae with the ball and yelled at him to pass it. Hyukjae passed the ball, however, he got tripped by the player from the opposite team.

 

"Foul!" The referee yelled, blowing on the whistle.

 

Yuri took this as a chance to escape quickly and politely asked bystanders in the crowd to move. Once she was out of the crowd, she heard the whistle blow again, and saw Jaejoong occupied. She quickly ran towards the door of the changing rooms and saw Xiumin there. She grabbed his head and kissed his forehead before grabbing her clothes, "Thank you Xiumin." Yuri said, and ran into the changing rooms and quickly put her jeans on as she stuffed her skirt, making it really uncomfortable but she just simply had no choice. She then took off her tank top and put on her shirt and hoodie then quickly rolled up her hair in a bun and placing it in the wig. She then stuffed her tank top in the bag and ran out, passing it to Xiumin.

 

"I will be back in another ten."

 

"I will be here so don't worry." Xiumin said, nodding.

 

Yuri nodded back and ran, however, she knew she couldn't be in the same place as before so instead, she was on the bottom level of the bleachers without a seat, however, she still cheered and clapped happily as she shouted his name. Jaejoong heard his name being called out by a specific person and turned to see Yeonseok there, shouting and cheering. Jaejoong smirked and dribbled the ball before jumping and slamming it into the basket, "Go Jae!" "And yet another point for the seaside by the number one player, Kim Jaejoong."

 

Jaejoong waved and winked. He tried to find Yuri, however, he simply shrugged, thinking he couldn't locate her again. He then looked back at Yeonseok and saw him give him a thumbs up and a big smile. Jaejoong grinned and nodded. He then turned around and saw Yunho didn't come up to him like he usually did after scoring. Instead, he saw him with his arms crossed, glaring into the crowd. Jaejoong was confused and furrowed his eyebrows in confusion. However, he simply started running to the centre again.

 

It was twenty minutes into the game as Yuri ran back to the changing room in order to change back once again. Xiumin, like before, was there, waiting for her and Yuri got changed into her feminine clothes once again. However, what she didn't realized was that a certain someone was closely looking at the interactions between her and Jaejoong. Seohyun had been one row above Yuri as she had recognized her in the crowd. She never liked the girl, however, she didn't expect to see her on the side of the seaside and never would she have thought that she had be calling Jaejoong's name. Seohyun, however, saw her run out of the bleachers, heading somewhere. However, she turned and saw Jaejoong looking for someone. Seohyun was furious. Was he trying to find her? That Yuri? When she was right there, waiting on him, hand and foot. Yeah, she might have cheated on him but no one was allowed to have her Jae baby. Soon, however, she saw that same girlish boy that she had met that time in the cafe.

 

Seohyun noticed that day how Jaejoong was attatched to Yeonseok but where was Yuri? She had just disappeared. Seohyun, however, saw Jaejoong score another goal and how he smiled at Yeonseok with warm eyes he used to show her. Seohyun grumbled. What the hell was so special about Yuri and that Yeonseok freak?! Eyeing Yeonseok, Seohyun saw him run away again. Seohyun creased her thick eyebrows, however, she tried to let her confusion slide for now.

 

Yuri came back with her female clothes and asked some people to move so she was in the same place she was before, 'I'm amazed at how I could even remember.'

 

Yuri saw how the game was going and noticed that Yunho had the ball and how Jaejoong was free and yelled at him to throw the ball. Yunho, however, looked at the crowd and then she saw his gaze landing on her. Yuri's eyes widened as her breath stopped. Yuri saw the anger and evil in them as he narrowed his pupils at her. Yuri whimpered a little but then realized that she had no reason to cower away since she wasn't with him anymore so what gave him the right to glare at her? Glaring right back, Yuri then saw how Yunho showed her a little of his fangs as he gave a sinister smirked before finally throwing the ball towards Jaejoong. Yuri felt a shiver run down her spine as she saw the anger in his eyes. She had never seen him like that.

 

Ever.

 

Jaejoong, on the other hand, noticed the delay and the slight anger that he smelt from Yunho before realizing that he was looking straight at Yuri. Jaejoong was getting pissed off now. He saw how Yunho growled a little, showing his fangs and knew that in demon terms, it meant something evil. Jaejoong glared and growled himself. He knew Yunho heard him as he turned his head towards him and glared before throwing the ball. Hyukjae, who was in the middle with the other players, realized this silent argument between eye contact and was slightly worried. Jaejoong dribbled the ball and jumped up before dunking the ball into the hoop once again, not giving the other team any chance.

 

"And another one for the seaside!" The referee said, before blowing his whistle and then raised his arms above his head, dropping the whistle from his mouth, "Half time!"

 

As the rest of the team were walking towards the benches, Jaejoong turned his head to glare at Yunho, who in returned, glared back. Showing a little of his fangs, Jaejoong headed towards the bleachers in hopes of seeing Yeonseok there as well as Yuri. However, he only spotted Yuri and took another quick glance at Yunho, smirking a little before running up the steps, separating two sets of bleachers and shouted Yuri's name, "Yul!" Yuri smiled and scooted between the fangirls and even some guys who were squealing. Yuri saw Jaejoong outstretched his hand for her as she noticed how he was slowly growling and glaring at all the stupid girls clinging onto him! Grabbing the hand thankfully, Yuri then felt him pull her towards him and squealed as she fell against his chest, Jaejoong's arms wrapping around her waist in return. Most girls groaned and hissed as they glared at Yuri. Seohyun was too, glaring harshly at the couple, 'Yuri, who would have ever thought you had actually be a problem?' Seohyun thought, and saw another team member glaring at the couple and remembered seeing him outside of the school as he claimed to wait for Yuri.

 

Oh right, that was Yuri's boyfriend. Seohyun smirked evilly as she saw him glaring at the couple, 'Guess he's not happy about this either. Very interesting.'

 

Yuri smiled and squealed as Jaejoong ran down the stairs to get away from the screaming fans and led her outside the gym into the cold air of the winter. Yuri started to shiver as she only had a tank top on and her legs bare. Jaejoong turned to see her shivering and quickly realized the cold. Cursing himself silently, an idea pop up into his head, "Yul, follow me."

 

Yuri shivered, however, followed Jaejoong as his warm hand grasped hers, radiating his warmth into her palm. Yuri smiled softly but still quivered a little in the harshness of the cold. She then saw them walk into the school which was free as everybody was either at home or watching the game. She then saw him lead her to an empty room, knowing it was the English room, however, she had to act as if she knew nothing. She was grateful for the sudden warmth that pooled her body, allowing her to sigh in relief. She then saw Jaejoong sit on a chair, however, she was walking near the white board and looked around, trying to pretend as if she couldn't see anything.

 

"Wow, this is nice. What is this room used for?" 'Nice one Yuri.'

 

"An English room but me and by buddy, Yeonseok, hang out here sometimes." Jaejoong said, smiling and missed his friend terribly and wanted to see him the minute he entered the gym. What if he was trying to look for him and he had left to go to the English room? Jaejoong felt bad now but knew that Yeonseok was with Hyukjae and Yunho so he was fine.

 

Yuri smiled back as she grabbed a white board pen. Jaejoong saw this and smiled, "What are you doing?"

 

Yuri giggled as she wrote on the board, Seaside 3 vs Sangin 0. Jaejoong smiled and laughed as Yuri turned around, "I think you should be very proud of this little number for it just being the first half."

 

"I knew I would achieve something like that anyway."

 

"Oh, you Mr. arrogant." Yuri said, laughing before eyes instantly widened as she covered quickly, '! Oh my god. What have I done?'

 

"How did you know that nickname?" Jaejoong asked, raising an eyebrow and tilted his head.

 

Yuri stuttered for a bit before composing herself, "I...uh, h...heard it from Yeonseok Oppa when I saw him with Hyo one time." 'Okay, better than nothing.'

 

Jaejoong simply nodded, not really thinking much into it, "Well, that's understandable since he had call me that. He started to call me that when I called him shorty. He wasn't really happy about that nickname but I think it suits him."

 

Yuri smiled and went to sit down on a chair next to Jaejoong, "So, you sure your coach don't mind you being here and not in the gym, listening to his orders?" She asked, trying to change the subject.

 

"That coach trusts me enough to not do anything stupid." Jaejoong said, smirking then remembered Yunho and instantly growled.

 

"You okay Jae Oppa?" Yuri asked, taken aback.

 

Jaejoong stopped his growling and sighed, "Yunho was looking at you and I saw you look at him, too."

 

Yuri's heart stopped. She never thought he noticed, "Yeah, I know. He didn't seem to happy to see me here tonight." She said, sighing as she looked down at her lap.

 

Growling again, Jaejoong reached out to grabbed Yuri's hands that were on her lap, looking into her eyes when she looked up, "Yul, I don't want you to ever feel intimidated by him okay." Jaejoong said, and looked down, "I know it must be hard to forget him but please, don't allow him to ruin our friendship over something that was his fault."

 

Yuri nodded and held onto his own hands, intertwining them, "Oppa, I have forgotten about him. Truly, I have. I have stopped hurting because of him and I would never allow him to ruin my life." 'Because I have you now. Even if it's for a little bit, I have you now.'

 

"Good." He said, smiling then remembered their hands and blushed as he separated them. Yuri blushed too, but was used to the intimate act multiple times since he had helped her up from the ground and it was true. Oh, how true that statement was. He had helped her off the ground. He had helped her get past her emotional stress with Yunho and Yuri knew that by the end of this fake lifestyle, he was going to get hurt. However, she tried her best not to think about that time and instead, wanted to enjoy the small moments like these until she could.

 

Jaejoong saw her sad expression and was instantly worried, "Yul, what's wrong?"

 

Looking up at him, she smiled sadly before saying, "Its nothing. Come on, the second half is about to start soon." Jaejoong blushed and nodded as he jumped up happily, "Alright, seaside for the win."

 

Yuri laughed before both ran out of the English room, heading towards the gym. Once they were there, the coach took Jaejoong away quickly so he could tell him the plan and scold him for missing the whole conversation. Yuri laughed and waved. Once Jaejoong was distracted, she ran towards the changing room where she saw Xiumin talking to Hyoyeon and Heechul. Xiumin turned to her and smiled, "Okay now. I think its best if you change into Yeonseok twice in this half and Yuri once."

 

Yuri nodded and quickly changed into her male clothes.

 

"How does she manage this?" Hyoyeon asked, eyes wide opened.

 

Leaning against the wall, Heechul tilted his head back to touch the wall behind him, thinkig 'Not easy Hyoyeon. Not easy at all.'

 

Soon, Yuri was ready and everybody went back into their place, except for Xiumin who sat down in a chair, watching the game by the changing rooms. He honestly never thought this would be what he was going to be doing the minute he woke up this morning. Looking behind her, Yuri felt sorry for Xiumin and knew that she had to pay him back in some way. She owed him a lot. Reaching her place at the bottom of the bleachers and when she was stable, she shouted Jaejoong's name, "Mr. Arrogant!"

 

Or close to it.

 

Jaejoong turned around and smiled as he jogged over to his roommate and friend, "Hey Yeonseok, where have you been?"

 

"I...uh, went to get a drink with Xiumin."

 

"Oh, Xiumin right? Well, I was with Yul. She's..." Jaejoong said, and looked around but couldn't find her, "I can't seem to find her."

 

Yuri had to think quickly and tapped his arm, "Look, don't worry, I'm sure she's here."

 

Jaejoong simply nodded and turned to hear the whistle, "Okay everybody. Time for the second half. So far, it's seaside 3 and Sangin 0. Let's see if the Sangin could beat the Seaside in an hour. Players centre position."

 

Jaejoong fist bumped with Yeonseok and ruffled his hair quickly and left with a smirk on his face and stood in the middle, facing a similar guy to before.

 

Yuri was so busy watching the match until she notice a certain person was behind her, "Well well well, look who I see again. Yeonseok, is it not?"

 

Yuri turned around to see Seohyun clad in a pink scoop neckline, sleeveless GUESS pointelle-knit bodycon thigh-length dress, chewing gum, "Y...Yeah...uh, you must be Seohoe something like that."

 

"You must seem to be an idiot if you can't remember a simple name!" Seohyun scowled, as she heard the name Yeonseok had said.

 

Yuri glared. She hated Seohyun and more so after what she found out what she had done to Jaejoong. No way was she going to treat this woman with loyalty after brekaing an innocent guys heart, "Well, it might not be the case if the woman wasn't dressed like an easy target to blow up."

 

"Listen here you. Jae was my boyfriend for a year, we all make mistakes and frankly, I don't care what you think because in the end of the day, Jae is mine and will be mine." Seohyun said, glaring.

 

Yuri glared even more as she realized that Jaejoong was playing phenomenally and she was missing it, "You won't go anywhere near him if I have anything to say about it."

 

Seohyun smirked as she huffed, "We will see about that. Don't think that just because you are close to Jae that you or that pesky little Yuri can take him away from me. He was mine and he will always be mine."

 

"Well, how can he be yours when you aren't his? It's not a one way cycle. Jae has feelings also and he wants a committed relationship, not sloppy seconds." Yuri said, smirking "Now, if you will excuses me, I want to cheer my friend on because you know that's what he deserves. So, go back to your little street corner and leave him alone." And with that, Yuri then turned back around.

 

'Your hiding something Yeonseok and you are connected to Yuri somehow. I just know it.' Seohyun thought, glaring at her back.

 

As Jaejoong was dribbling the ball, he heard some of his teammates yelling at him to throw the ball, however, as he was about to throw it to Hyukjae, Yunho ran and took the ball before dribbling it again, and shooting then missing.

 

"Foul for the seaside!" The referee said, blowing the whistle, "Double dribbling and forcefully stealing a ball from a player!" Jaejoong turned to him before shouting, "What the is wrong with you Yunho?! You made us get a foul!"

 

"Deal with it half-breed!" Yunho said, growling.

 

"What did you just say?" Jaejoong asked, glaring.

 

"I called you a half-breed." Yunho said, glaring back.

 

Jaejoong growled again, but then heard the referee blow the whistle as it was the other teams turn to throw the ball since it was a foul on their part. Huffing, Jaejoong walked towards the sidelines to continue the game. Yuri noticed the little incident with Yunho and felt like punching him for making the seaside gain the first foul in the history of SM high. She wondered what the hell got into him! However, she then noticed how he and Jaejoong weren't really discussing with manners of friendship either. Yuri got worried and scared when she saw hatred in Jaejoong's eyes.

 

'Oppa?'

 

Soon, the second half of the game was done. Jaejoong cheered happily and turned to the crowd to see Yeonseok run up to him. Jumping up, Yuri hugged him tightly before letting him go and laughing happily, "You did it Jae. Well done."

 

"Thanks man, for being there for me." Jaejoong said, grinning and ruffled Yeonseok's hair.

 

Yuri smiled and held his arm before squeezing it a little, "Don't thank me. Your my friend, friends stick to each other no matter what." Yuri said, grinning happily.

 

Jaejoong laughed gently and ruffled his hair once more. However, he didn't see any sign of Yuri anywhere. Yuri realized this and answered, "If you are looking for Yuri, she told me to tell you well done but she had to go home." 'God, it seriously feels weird talking about yourself.'

 

Jaejoong 'Oohed' and was a little disappointed but was happy anyway that she had at least saw him play. Jaejoong smirked and then heard Yunho growl at him as he bumped into his shoulder, "Follow me. Alone." Yunho stated, before going out the back doors of the gym.

 

Jaejoong growled but followed. Scared, Yuri grabbed his arm, "Jae, what's wrong? Where are you going?" Jaejoong turned and ruffled her hair once more this time, much slower and gentler. He smiled down at her and Yuri almost melted, "I will be back soon, shorty. Wait for me in the dorm okay?" And with that, he walked off. However, Yuri couldn't help it. She was so frightened that he was going to get hurt and decided to follow him secretly. Jaejoong was outside with Yunho and growled as the cold air blew on his sweaty skin. He looked at Yunho and saw his eyes that looked as if they could kill.

 

"What the do you want this time Yunho?!"

 

"Yuri used to always come for the matches every year. I'm amazed she even came this year." Yunho said, smirking evilly before it disappear, "For your sake."

 

Jaejoong stiffened and growled lightly. Yunho was his friend but now, he was a pitiful bastard! He dumped Yuri cold-heartedly for no apparent reason, however, whenever he is alone and wants company, he talks about Yuri like a tool? No ing way! "Maybe you shouldn't have let her go then maybe she would be here cheering you on." Jaejoong said, narrowing his eyes a little.

 

Yuri, by now, was positioned against the door as she hid herself, listening onto the discussion.

 

"And why should you care? Don't tell me the girl you have met every weekend is?" Yunho asked, eyes darkening. Jaejoong shrugged as Yuri's eyes opened wide, seeing both men tense up as Jaejoong defended her but Yunho almost seemed threatening. That's because he was. Yuri saw Jaejoong walk up closer to him, "I met her one Saturday. She was sad, alone and wanted a friend she could confide in and I think she has every right to be friends with me." Yunho growled, his pupils dilating as they were nose to nose, both men giving off dangerous predatorial auras that confused the class while Yuri was there, shocked. She had never thought it would come this far.

 

"Actually, there is a problem. Why are you ing talking to her anyway?! You know what we were." Yunho said, his hands.

 

Jaejoong fisted his own as his voice got deeper, his anger slowly rising to the surface at hearing his friends arrogant words before piercing his gaze with Yunho's, "I know what you were but who's fault is it that she is paying more attention to me than to you, eh?" Jaejoong said, not caring anymore about being worried over showing his feelings towards Yuri. That girl to him was an angel and seeing Yunho degrade her to an object boiled his inside to no end. He knew he was pushing it but he didn't care. He was sick of Yunho's ing excuses and stupid slide comments to give a damn anymore!

 

Yunho growled louder and his fists were shaking as his teeth were slowly being bared, "Shut the up! Do you think what you are doing is better?! Your just meeting her because you want to her now that she's vulnerable!" Yunho said harshly.

 

Yuri gasped as she covered with her hand as she saw Jaejoong grab Yunho by the front of his shirt and slam him against the ground.

 

"No, Yunho. The one who wanted to her but didn't get the chance to was your sorry piece of ego but she was an honest and innocent girl who wanted someone to treat her with the respect that she deserves but if anybody was sick and twisted it was you!"

 

Yunho growled and kicked Jaejoong in the chest as he jumped up and punched him in the face but Jaejoong move to the side in time, "How the do you know?! You know nothing! Your just like a sorry dog that's going after seconds!"

 

Yuri was on the verge of tears now. She didn't know what to do. She never thought about this. She never thought about Yunho's actions and what his behaviour would be like once he found out about the visits she and Jaejoong were having during the weekend. However, she wasn't going to cry. She wasn't going to be that stupid, scared, little girl anymore! She would stop this.

 

Jaejoong went to punch Yunho but saw him move to the side also then he turned around, kicking him square in the face, making Yunho fall to the ground, "Don't you ever dare talk about Yul like that! She's a decent and honourable girl and you were just a jerk that she fell for! Well, guess what?! I don't ing care how long you guys have been dating because I know that I can treat her like the man she wants! With some ing respect and common sense!" Jaejoong said harshly, and went to punched him square in the jaw.

 

Yunho spat out some blood before getting out of Jaejoong's way and running up to him, "Shut up half-breed! You are just a lonely boy who can't get a decent girlfriend without ing it up! Look at Seo! If your such a man then why did she leave you, huh?!"

 

Jaejoong growled harshly, his demon side rattling in its inner cage, wanting to be set free to kill the man who dare talk so lowly about him and Yuri, "Shut the up wolf-! I could give two rats about Seo! You know why I know? Because I'm man enough for her and I treat them like a woman and not some dumb object that you can show off and keep for company whenever you feel like it and trust me, I will make sure that she never see your sorry behind again!" Jaejoong growled, and walked backwards slowly, "It's over Yunho."

 

"Not until Yuri's mine!" Yunho said, growling.

 

"She isn't yours Yunho! She never deserved to be yours and I will make sure she is never yours! Never again!" Jaejoong said, growling back and was about to lunge for him again, when he saw a small frame intervene.

 

Jaejoong was confused. Why the hell was Yeonseok protecting the bastard?! He then saw Yeonseok turn to him, his eyes sad and filled with desperation, "Please Jae?" Jaejoong's eyes widened as he had said his name for the first time in a while.

 

Yuri had seen enough. She couldn't believe how much passion Jaejoong was showing for her. For a simple plain jane Yuri. As she saw him fighting for her, she couldn't help but just run up to him, kiss him and just show him that she felt the same way and that she wanted to be with him and tell him that she had always be there for him and that she didn't care about her past, that she had want to rekindle a fire that was once there. However, she had other priorities at that moment and one major priority was to make sure Jaejoong didn't have any regrets, "Jae, please? Please don't do this? He deserves it but don't turn into him?"

 

Jaejoong was shocked. He felt his red eyes turning to their normal grey and his fangs shortening in length. Damnit! Jaejoong jumped up and ran towards the dorm, not looking back.

 

'Oppa.' Yuri thought, sighing before running after him, leaving behind a bleeding and angry Yunho.

 

'You will pay for betraying me like that Jaejoong! I promise you that!' Yunho thought, growling.

 

No one knew that a certain someone heard the whole thing. Walking out into the scene, Yunho turned as he growled at her, "Seo, what the do you want?!"

 

Seohyun smirked as she her full pink lips and bent down to Yunho's form before slowly sliding her hands down his chest seductively, "I have a proposition that I think you will like." Seohyun said, smirking.

 

'Oh yes, a very nice proposition.' She thought happily.