Love Bites

Love Bites

Chapter 10

 

Yuri yawned as she leaned back against her chair and stretched, "Hey shorty, it's only the first lesson, are you tired of math already?" Jaejoong asked, chuckling.

 

Groaning, Yuri laid her head on her book. She couldn't do the work since she was too tired from last night's gala festival, "Let me sleep." Yuri said, groaning a little and waved her hand at him.

 

"Come on shorty, we skipped training this morning because we were both equally tired. Now, come on, wake up or I will leave you." Jaejoong said, sighing.

 

Yuri raised her head and punched Jaejoong in the shoulder, "If you leave then I can sleep."

 

"Alright then." Jaejoong said, chuckling "I will leave you here then you will get detention for not doing your work, for being late and not to mention, skipping classes and that would be your fault and then you will get upset and then I will have to deal with the..."

 

"Okay, okay, I'm up." Yuri said, as she rubbed her eyes, "What was the work again?"

 

Jaejoong laughed quietly and bent over Yuri's shoulder, causing her to shiver and blush at the feel of his breath near her earlobe as he tried to not get caught by the teacher for talking. Jaejoong also felt weird being this close to Yeonseok, more so after last night. God, he just couldn't sleep. He was exhausted and flashbacks of Yeonseok in that dress, to the Christmas outfit, made him genuinely look like a perfect female. He hated to admit it but for the first time since last night, he kind of wished Yeonseok could be a girl. Mostly because he loved the spunk and the conversation he could have with Yeonseok since they were carefree and they could talk about anything. He didn't have to keep up a mask in front of his friends to look tough and he could free his body from that worry as he spoke with Yeonseok.

 

Jaejoong shook his head and started explaining, "You see here? You need to find the square-root of these numbers then you need to half them then divide them by five after you..." Yuri zoned out as she heard his hushed voice tickling her ear, making her uncomfortable at the sudden odd feeling between her legs. With just the sound of his breathing, he was making her feel hot and needy. She tried to forget about such thoughts, knowing that since he was a half-vampire, he would be able to smell her, dare she say it arousal as would other students in the class so she tried her best to forget the feeling and thought of...thought of...Ah, Hyoyeon's cooking? No, not helping. Uh...her eighty-three year old math teacher ? Yeah, that did it. She let out a sigh of relief as her heat wave was gone. However, one tiny problem was that, she had just ignored Jaejoong's explanations of how to do this question. Ugh, why was she so slow?

 

Jaejoong shook Yuri's shoulder, bringing her out of her reverie, "Hey man, I think last night really went to your head. Maybe we should do the work at lunch and I will help you."

 

"Thanks Joongie." Yuri said, sighing happily, "I just really detests math. It's like everybody has that tumour of a subject that they just can't grasps and math for me is a pain in the . I mean, seriously, can't math figure out its own problem? I'm sick and tired of doing it for them." Yuri said, the last a little bit to loud and the quietness from the lesson was disturbed as the mentioned eighty-three year old math teacher turned around and with his wooden stick, hit Yuri's desk.

 

"I will not tolerate such sayings in my classroom. If you do it again, I will kick you out, understand?"

 

Yuri groaned and nodded. Everybody went back to doing their work while Jaejoong ruffled her hair. Yuri turned to Jaejoong and saw him wink at her before smiling, "Don't worry about him. He's just been working too long." Yuri laughed quietly before both students went back to doing their work, sharing knowing glances at each other. Hyukjae, who was sitting a row behind them, smirked while biting the edge of his pencil, 'There's something about Yeonseok that's making Jaejoong act this way.' Hyukjae thought, smirking even more, 'Yep, you are definitely a special one but just who are you?'

 

Once the bell rang, Yuri and Jaejoong, including Hyukjae all got out of the classroom, sighing in relief at leaving the tension from the classroom. Yuri was in the middle of Jaejoong and Hyukjae as she shivered and rubbed her arm, "Why is the atmosphere in that room so horrific?"

 

Shrugging, Jaejoong answered, "Maybe it's because the teacher forgot to take his meds. Damn, is he one stuck up bastard?!"

 

"But if it wasn't for him, math wouldn't have been easy last year." Hyukjae said, chuckling "We have to give the old man some credit at least."

 

"I guess so. I just want to sleep. Is that too much to ask? This is your fault." Yuri said, sighing and slapped his shoulder.

 

"My fault?" Jaejoong choked, surprised "Now, hold up, shorty. How is it my fault that your tired? I'm tired too, but you don't hear me blaming it on other people."

 

"If it wasn't for you signing me up then I could have gone to sleep early last night."

 

"Yeah, but I doubt that even if you weren't in the competition, you wouldn't have slept. I'm pretty damn sure you would have come with us just to see Hyukjae as a drag queen!" Jaejoong said, smiling.

 

"You wound me, pengyou. How could you say such things?" Hyukjae said, pouting in pain, obviously fake.

 

"I just did, you ert. There, see, I did it again." Jaejoong said, as they went to the cafeteria for break.

 

Hyukjae chuckled and checked the time on his fossil chronograph nate black-tone stainless steel bracelet watch, "Hey, catch up with you guys later okay? I need to meet up with Yunho to help him with some crap because he got in trouble for screaming in class so he now needs to order some chemical things and as a good friend, I agreed so have fun without me guys but not too much fun!"

 

Jaejoong kicked his , literally while Hyukjae ran away, chuckling.

 

"Was that really necessary?" Yuri asked, laughing hard as she grabbed her stomach.

 

"Hey, it made you laugh, didn't it?"

 

Yuri nodded and both, her and Jaejoong went to the line of the cafeteria. Once they paid for the food they got, an idea pop up into Jaejoong's head, "Hey, want to eat on the roof? We aren't meant to but whenever it's good weather like today, sometimes me and Yunho eat outside."

 

"I'm like that, too. Maybe the fresh air will wake me up somewhat." Yuri said, smiling.

 

Jaejoong smiled back and both headed to the roof. Once they reached the door of the roof, Jaejoong opened it with one hand, his other hand holding onto his food. Yuri smiled as the door swung open with a gentle creaking sound. She saw how spacious it was. The plain stone concrete marred the entire floor and there was a railing surrounding the roof. Other than that, the roof was plain and the wind blew freely. Both walk onto the roof and sat down on the edge. Jaejoong had his legs crossed as he ate but Yuri decided to hang her legs over the edge as she leaned her arms on the railing because of it, she was protected and wouldn't fall.

 

Taking a bite out of her sandwich, Yuri kept looking towards the field, "Nice view from up here." Yuri said, starting the conversation.

 

"Yeah, that's another reason we like being up here. It's good to take a break every once in a while."

 

Yuri smiled and took another bite of her sandwich. The ambient was nice. However, the atmosphere was somewhat awkward and both students didn't know how to start a conversation. Taking another bite, Yuri tried to get rid of the awkward silence, "So, do you think you guys will be ready for the first match in December? You know, the seaside vs whoever."

 

"Definitely, we have never lost on the first match."

 

"So, how does it work? Does the whole school get to watch?"

 

"Yeah, and the school from the opposing team does as well, that's why, there's so many bleachers in the gym. However, you have to get there first because once the gym is full, no one else is allowed to enter."

 

"Makes sense. Well, I will have to try to get there first then."

 

"You...You had want to come? I thought you didn't like basketball much." Jaejoong said, smiling.

 

"I do, just not necessarily pleases when I'm the one playing but your my friend and why not? I want to see you guys play and cheer you on. You have helped me out since I started this school so the least I can do is back you up as a friend." Yuri said smiling, not knowing just how much those words meant to her male companion sitting right next to her.

 

"Thanks shorty." Jaejoong said, smiling gently.

 

"Don't worry about it." Yuri said, smiling back, "So, the weekend is coming soon? Going to visit your family?"

 

Yuri suddenly noticed Jaejoong's smile faded away slowly and being replaced by a straight line. She also noticed how his body wasn't as relaxed as before and the happiness in his eyes was replaced by slight anger, "No."

 

Carefully, Yuri placed her sandwich back into the box and brought her legs up so she had them crossed also and sat in front of him, "You never speak about your parents. I don't want to push you but as a friend, I'm here to listen."

 

"It's not that simple." Jaejoong said, as his hands fisted, "I don't like to talk about it."

 

Yuri sighed. She wanted to know more about him. She hated seeing him so sad on the weekends and realizing he is stuck in the dorm without anything to do. However, she nodded in acceptance at the fact that he wasn't ready to talk about it. Smiling, Yuri tried to lightened up the mood, "That's okay. You can always tell me whenever your ready."

 

Jaejoong gave Yeonseok a small smile back as he stretched his hand before ruffling his hair, "You are something, shorty. God, sometimes, I wish girls could have the common knowledge you have."

 

Yuri blushed a little and was stunned by his statement but nonetheless, was very curious, "Oh, what makes you say that? Honestly, I'm nothing special." Yuri said truthfully.

 

"You are very special, shorty. It's just that, all the girls I have dated have always been narrow-minded. After Seohyun, I swore to myself that I would never have such deep feelings for a woman ever again, and throughout all my life, I have only ever seen superficial, arrogant and gold diggers. I just had enough of it to be honest. I just...I just wish that I could find someone who could understand me as much as you do, someone who wouldn't push me into doing anything, someone who would actually care about me but." Jaejoong said, halting his words as he looked up at the sky.

 

"But what?" Yuri asked, confused and leaned a little forward.

 

"But I don't believe in that anymore." Jaejoong said, sighing as he closed his eyes and took a large gulp of his drink.

 

"What do you mean? What don't you believe in?" Yuri continued to asked, still confused.

 

"Love." Jaejoong said, snorting a little, "I felt it once and it was thrown back in my face. I haven't felt that connection with any girl so far and I don't think I ever will. You understand me and you are a cool and honest friend to have." Those words hit Yuri harshly as she thought, 'I'm not as honest as you think Jaejoong Oppa.' Seeing his sad smile, Yuri couldn't help but smile back a little as she placed her hand on his shoulder.

 

"Let me tell you something. I dated someone a while back for three years. She was everything I ever dreamed of. She was my world and was the person I would give up everything and anything for and I had. I gave up a lot of things. Running was one of them, school events, time with friends and family because I thought she was everything I wanted and only needed in my world. Then one day, I got a message, asking to meet and out of the blue, I get dumped. I'm called weak, useless and...and that's when I realized that she never truly cared for me, that those three years never meant anything to her." 'They never did, did they, Yunho Oppa?' Yuri thought bitterly, before continuing, "Ever since that day, my heart would ached. I felt crushed, broke things in my room while my friend try to calm me down but I kept crying and shouting, pissed off, angry that she would dump me because I wasn't good enough but then, I met Hyo and she changed my world." 'Maybe not romantically but she did.' Jaejoong was intrigued and his eyes widened, "Wow, sorry shorty. Damn, I feel guilty now, knowing that your past was worst than mine. You don't have to carry on if you don't want to."

 

'He's so caring.' Yuri thought, smiling and shook her head, "No, I want to. I then met Hyo and...and I never thought I could get over my three year relationship because even though nothing physical existed in those three years." Yuri said, placing her hand on her chest where her heart was beating, "I felt the love I had for her but it was never as strong as the one I have for Hyo. Basically, what I'm trying to say with this story is that, don't give up because I know that maybe you don't believe it but there is definitely someone out there waiting for you to find her, that special girl will wait for you and I know that in a few years time, I know you will find that perfect girl for you." Yuri finished, and laughed, 'Yeah, I'm giving advice that I can't even take myself.' Yuri thought. However, she felt a weird feeling in her stomach when she spoke about Jaejoong's perfect girl. She felt angry but sad. Why?

 

Jaejoong slowly had a smile on his face as he looked back up at the sky, "I hope your right, shorty. I don't want to give up but I don't want to get hurt again. I guess you could say I'm scared."

 

"I know." Yuri said, nodding "I was too, and still am. That will never change but your heart will get stronger when the right time comes. You better appreciate these words because mushy like this doesn't occur often with me!" Yuri said, smirking.

 

Jaejoong chuckled before they heard the bell ring, "Well, ready to go to gym?"

 

Yuri smiled and nodded, "Yeah, let's go get bruises and back ache." Yuri said, jumping up and grabbing her food, "That only happens to you, shorty." Jaejoong said, laughing.

 

Yuri 'humphed', "Well, just wait until I whoop your in gym. You wish you never came up with shorty."

 

Jaejoong sighed as he ruffled Yeonseok's hair, 'Thanks a lot, shorty.' Jaejoong thought, and for some reason, he couldn't stop staring at his roommate as they threw away their food and left to the changing room. For a second there, he pictured him once again, in that dress from last night and as soon as that thought came, he shook it off, 'God damnit, stop doing this Jaejoong!'

 

"Oh yeah, Joongie, you still have that favour I need remember." Yuri said, elbowing him.

 

Jaejoong sighed but smiled, "Yes, I do. When do you want to uses it?"

 

Yuri thought for a moment then shook her head a little. She looked up at him and smiled back, "I will save it for another time when I need it."

 

"Sure. Hey look, there's Hyukjae and Yunho." Jaejoong said, pointing to a specific direction. Yuri turned to looked and saw them wave. She waved a little and soon, everybody walked into the changing room and as privately and discreetly as Yuri could, she tried her best to take off her black lacoste ribbed polo shirt before putting the gym one over that quickly. However, she was a little slow and Hyukjae noticed a little peek of beige strap.

 

"Hey Yeonseok, why do you have bandages on your chest?"

 

Jaejoong and Yunho turned to looked at his direction as Yuri quickly pulled her blue grand slam classic-fit airflow performance polo shirt down, "Uh...I h...hurt my back in gym on Monday so...uh, I put some of that deep heat cream and b...bandaged it." 'Phew.'

 

All the men shrugged and took the excuses as they finished getting changed, "Okay, let's go." Jaejoong said, as he jumped up and down excitedly since today they were going to play basketball as a class for the second half of the lesson.

 

Yuri laughed and zipped up her black PUMA heavyweight hoodie. She made sure her black white nike flex running shoe laces were tied properly before grabbing her water bottle and running to catch up with the others. Seeing that Jaejoong was waiting for her, she smiled in gratitude before they both walked side by side to the fields, "Okay boys, start your warm ups. Ready, set, go." The coach said, as Yuri and the rest of the class began running around the field, trying to do the five laps as fast as possible. Even though Yuri was fast, she knew she couldn't beat Jaejoong or Yunho but she could, however, beat the rest of the class and that is exactly what she did. She pushed herself a little harder and realized that ever since Jaejoong had helped her train in the morning, she felt physically stronger, her breathing was even and she didn't lose breath easily. She also noticed her leg gain extra strength and muscle tone as well as her ankles which was important. She felt her arms move quicker and her body in general much more lightweight and not as drowsy as before. Once the laps were done, she fell onto the ground, panting heavily while looking at the other students who still had to run a few more.

 

Jaejoong and Yunho walked over to her and both sat on either side of her.

 

"Wow shorty, I can tell that you are getting stronger. That's good, man."

 

"Thanks, I tried my best." Yuri said, smiling.

 

"Only because you had a ing amazing coach aka me!" Jaejoong said, smirking.

 

Yuri rolled her eyes and punched his shoulder, "Grow up Joongie."

 

Jaejoong snorted and punched her shoulder back, making Yuri groan a little, "Says the person who just punched me."

 

"Well, you punched me, too." Yuri defended. Soon, however, both just laughed it off.

 

Yunho was on his phone, grumbling every now and then. Jaejoong noticed and caught his attention, "Hey man, what's wrong? Who's pissing you off?"

 

"It's not that someone is pissing me off, it's just that Yoon keeps changing the dates to meet up. I swear, it feels like she's trying to ignore me." Yunho said, sighing.

 

'Good for her. She's doing exactly what I was meant to do three years ago, you bastard!' Yuri thought, snorting quietly to herself.

 

"Well, better luck next time, man. Don't worry, I'm sure everything will work out."

 

"I don't know." Yunho said, sighing and rubbed his face, "It's just that I..."

 

"Yunho! Jaejoong! I need to speak with you two! It's about the championships in December, quick!" The coach yelled. Both boys stood up as Yuri saw them walk away before the coach started speaking.

 

Sighing, she placed an arm over her eyes as she let out a deep breath. She then turned to looked at her left and noticed Yunho's water bottle there. Staring at the plastic container, Yuri started to smile as she thought of something. Quickly without anybody looking, Yuri grabbed the bottle and carefully emptied its contents onto the grass. When she heard the boys walking over, she sat up, wrapping her arms around her legs, "Everything good?" Yuri asked innocently.

 

"Yeah, he just wanted to tell us the new schedual for training." Jaejoong said, smiling.

 

Yuri nodded and from the corner of her eye, looked at Yunho on her left. She saw his confused face as he stared at his bottle, "Hey, Jaejoong man, did I fill up my water before coming out? I did, didn't I?"

 

"Yeah. Maybe you drank it all and you didn't realize it."

 

"Maybe. Oh well, be back in a bit, going to go refill it." Yunho said, before dashing off to the main bulding.

 

Yuri and Jaejoong, both sat up on the grass and kept talking every now and then about random topics until the coach blew the whistle, signalling everybody to head to the gym. Hyukjae walked over to Yuri and Jaejoong, panting "Damn, why are you two so fast?!"

 

"Because your slow, ert." Jaejoong said, and pushed Hyukjae slightly while smirking.

 

"Why does everybody treat me so horribly godamnit?!" Hyukjae said, pouting.

 

Yuri laughed and once they were in the gym, they saw Yunho coming back with a filled up water bottle, "Hey guys." The coach set people into teams and the ones with the yellow shirt that he gave out were extras. Yuri was an extra so she sat on the bleachers but not before smirking evilly and grabbing Yunho's bottle and carefully found a bin in the corner and threw the content away once again, before putting it into his bag and jumping onto the bleachers, "Okay boys, on the count of three, the team with eight goals wins. Two people in the centre now."

 

Yuri noticed Jaejoong move to the centre while Yunho was behind him, backing him up and an unknown boy was in front of him. Yuri smiled as she saw the look in Jaejoong's eyes. They were feral and ready, the message he gave with his eyes was enough to make the other team quiver in fright, 'You can do it Jaejoong Oppa.' Yuri thought, smiling. She had one hundred percent faith in him.

 

"Go!"

 

Yuri saw Jaejoong jump a little as he smacked the ball with his hand to his team member on the other side. One boy caught it and threw it to Yunho who dribbled it near the net and jumped a little, passing it to Jaejoong. Jumping higher, Jaejoong caught the ball before slamming it into the basket, scoring them one point. Yuri clapped loudly, along with his team mates and grinned, 'God, his arms look so hot when he flexes them. His legs look so built and oh god, his chest. Why do I have the urge to just run my hands down them? Yuri, stop thinking like this!' But Yuri couldn't help it. Every time she watched Jaejoong play, she would always start to get tingles in her stomach and heat burning uncontrollably in her veins, pumping her blood and making her feel hot and oh, so bothered. Bitting her bottom lips, Yuri tried her best to think of something to distract her from her fantasies. Why the hell was she even having these fantasies?! It's not like she likes him, just as a friend and nothing more. Yuri then heard another whistle and saw Jaejoong cheering as he scored his team another point, 'Wow, no wonder he's number one. He beats Yunho Oppa and all the players in Neunggok high within no time at all.' Yuri thought, and carried on admiring his physique and techniques as he dodged and passed and dribbled. Yuri could almost feel herself drooling at the sight. Even though she was hiding under a male mask, her female urges were still evidently there and surrounded by a bunch of hormonal young boys and sharing a room with a perfect model of a man made her cheeks heat up and her head swell with really bad ideas. Funny enough, she never thought of this consequence. Yuri, however, felt pain in her lower stomach. The pain felt almost like cramps, '! Please no, don't tell me it's?' Yuri thought, and jumped off the bleachers and went to the coach, asking if he could go to the bathroom. The coach nodded and Yuri ran off to the changing room. A rule Heechul told her to do was to hide her tampons in a shoe underneath her bag for extra percautions and just as she expected, they were there. She smiled and ran to the nearest bathroom.

 

Jaejoong heard the whistle and the game was over, his team proclaiming as winner. Jaejoong ran to the bleachers to see Yeonseok but noticed he wasn't their, 'Odd.' Jaejoong thought, and went to his duffel bag and took out his black towel before throwing it around his neck carelessly, "Hey Yunho, did you see Yeonseok leave?" Jaejoong asked casually, sitting down on the bleachers to take a few needed breaths as he gulped down his water.

 

"No, sorry man." Yunho said, and went for his water and realized it was empty again, "Okay, I swear, this time, I didn't drink it. What the ?!"

 

"Yunho, language." The coach said.

 

"I swear, whoever keeps doing these things will pay. I know this was purposefully because I didn't drink at all." "Well, just wait. If there are anymore occurrence then we will figure something out."

 

Yunho sighed and then felt Hyukjae slap his back, "Ni hao peng you, what seems to be the problem here?"

 

"Yunho thinks he has an enemy lurking around the school."

 

"I don't know man, but I wouldn't jump to conclusions just yet." Hyukjae said, frowning.

 

"Then who could have thrown away my water? The ing water fairy?! It couldn't have disappeared on its own or magically grew legs and walk to the bin."

 

"Come on man, let's just take a nice hot shower and get ready for the rest of the day. Oh, by the way, you up to going to the café with Yoseob and Sica tonight to eat? We might as well."

 

"Yeah sure, that's fine by me. Meet me at six outside the parking lot and we will go there in my car together." Yunho said, smiling.

 

Smiling back, Jaejoong turned to Hyukjae, "You cool with that, man?"

 

"Yeah. Now, let's go hit the showers." Hyukjae said, smiling.

 

Yuri sighed as she ran to the dorms to take a shower before getting changed into her uniform. She might have gotten the tampon incident figured out but she didn't have the pain figured out. Basically, she forgot the paracetamol so now, she was in need to endure the loving evanescence of the pain by crouching, bending or grabbing her stomach as she tried her very best to hide the pain. However, as she was getting changed, she quickly took out her phone and rang up Heechul.

 

"Hello there Yul. Wasn't expecting you to call. What do you need?"

 

"Chul Oppa, I have a problem." Yuri said, sighing as she laid down on her bed.

 

"It's not with the wig or something, right?!" Heechul gasped.

 

"No, it isn't. Basically, I'm on my time of the month and...well, I forgot the paracetamol."

 

"Oh, Yul." Heechul said, sighing "Okay, what you will need to say until you get paracetamol is just say that you have a very bad stomach ache. The teacher might send you to the nurse but I think it's best you avoid that." "Why?" Yuri asked, confused.

 

"Yul, nurses will check your pulse and such to see how bad you feel, how fast your heart is going and nurse can easily figure out with a few body check ups that you won't be a boy and we don't want that to happen."

 

"!" Yuri said, sighing as she placed her hand on her forehead.

 

"But don't worry too much Yul, just say you have a bad stomach ache and just fight it out."

 

"Yeah, I mean, women before this didn't have paracetamol so I should be fine. Thanks Oppa. I guess I just really wanted someone to talk to right now."

 

"Oh? Like what Yul?" Heechul asked curiously.

 

"Well, how do I put this?" Yuri said, sighing as she fiddled with the hem of her shirt as she her lips, "Well, basically, you remember I spoke about my roommate Jaejoong?"

 

"Yeah."

 

"Well, I...I...uh, for some reason, I can't stop...in a way...thinking about him." Yuri said quietly, trying her best to word it as best as she could.

 

"Oh, no. Yul, please don't tell me you?"

 

"No, no, no, I don't think it's that yet but...I don't know. I just keep feeling weird around him, my heart rate goes faster, my cheeks keeps going pink, my body keeps heating up and when I'm around him, I feel comfortable and just...I don't know. I just...I get these warm bubbly feelings in my stomach and I'm scared I don't know what it is." "Yul, you need to be careful. These reactions are so common whenever a person is interested in the opposite . The symptoms are so evident. Your doing something dangerous Yuri, you can't fall for anybody there. Your plan wasn't to meet someone and I don't say it to sound mean but by the end of the year, you might not see them ever again, as Yeonseok since you will go back to being Kim Yuri so in theory, going over there because you were hurt, wanting to get your revenge and coming back out of that school with heart ache again, isn't right."

 

Yuri closed her eyes and felt her chest hurt in a way it never had done before, the truth hitting her. Hard, 'Leaving Jaejoong Oppa at the end of the year? Never seeing him again?' Yuri thought, and felt pain in her chest as she tried her best to ignore it but couldn't as the thought of losing such a good friend as Jaejoong was almost heart breaking?

 

Heechul didn't know what else to say other than think of something to cheer his friend up, "Hey Yul, there could be an alternative. You can still see Jaejoong after you leave but introduce yourself as Yuri, not Yeonseok. That might be a plan?"

 

"No Oppa, I couldn't bear the thought of being with him as a friend and knowing that I have been lying throughout all this time. I feel guilty enough as it is. I brought myself into this but at the same time, I don't want to hurt him. He is so nice. He doesn't deserve a liar like me."

 

"Don't you ever say that Yul." Heechul said, growling a little, "You are doing what you think is right so what if it wasn't the best plan in the world, it's at least taking an action that you believe is worthwhile and maybe at the end, you could tell him the truth. It might shock him but if he sincerely wants to stay friends with you, he will hopefully forget about it."

 

"I doubt it." Yuri said, sighing.

 

"Have more faith in yourself Yul. You are an amazing person. Hell, if I wasn't gay, I had jump on you right now!" Heechul said, making Yuri giggled, "Look, don't think like this yet. You haven't been there for even a month yet so just worry about what you went there to do and let's hope it's smooth-sailing from there. Plus, Hyoyeon misses you and hope you can visit this weekend."

 

"Of course, I will. Thanks Oppa. I will talk to you soon okay?" Yuri said, smiling.

 

"Yeah, no worries Yul. You can call me any time and I will be there."

 

"Your not going soft on me, are you now Oppa?" Yuri said, laughing.

 

"I have always had a soft spot for you Yul." Heechul said, laughing "Well, have to go. Take care."

 

"You too, Oppa." And with that, she pressed the end call just in time as Jaejoong walked in, fully showered and with his uniform on, "There you are, man. Come on, I have been waiting for you. We need to get to lesson."

 

Yuri nodded and stood up, "Sorry, was talking to Hyo."

 

"That's cool, shorty." Jaejoong said, smiling "Oh, why did you leave early?"

 

"I have this really bad stomach pain and I don't know from what." Yuri said, sighing.

 

"Did it just start hurting now?" Jaejoong asked, with a looked of concern on his face.

 

Yuri nodded. She wasn't technically lying since she was in pain.

 

"Come on then. We will go to the nurse and get you some paracetamol."

 

Yuri's eyes widened as she grabbed his arm, "No, don't." As soon as the contact was made, both felt the shiver of electricity run up their spine, making Yuri quickly let go before blushing a little. Jaejoong doing the same thing. Clearing his throat, Jaejoong fiddled with his tie and asked, "Why not?"

 

"Because I don't believe in all that crap! The pain will go away soon." Yuri said, sighing.

 

Jaejoong nodded, concern still laced in his eyes and voice and then he gently and slowly ruffled Yeonseok's hair, "Be careful okay? If it really does hurt, tell me and I'm getting you paracetamol whether you like it or not."

 

Yuri couldn't help but love the contact Jaejoong was making with her. It wasn't the usual happy buddy buddy ruffle of hair, it was more of like the caring kind soft side of Jaejoong, the protective side that she hadn't seen in him before.

 

"Oh, by the way, we are eating at the cafe tonight. We might meet up with Yeoseob and Sica if we can."

 

"Okay, I had love, too. They looked like nice people." Yuri said, smiling.

 

"They are. Now, come on, let's go to lesson."

 

Soon, it was the end of the day and both, Jaejoong and Yuri were in registration and Mr. Malchin started chatting about random topics as Yuri and Jaejoong were sitting in the back, making snarky comments every now and then, completely ignoring the teacher's voice, "Now, since November is coming up soon, as you all know, this school celebrate it festivities and Halloween is approaching, meaning that every class has to come up with an idea for the festival by the end of next month. However, this will not only apply for students in SM but from other neighbouring schools also."

 

'Does that mean Hyo can come along?' Yuri thought, eyes wide opened.

 

"Why you smiling, shorty? You seem happy." Jaejoong asked, smiling at Yeonseok.

 

Yuri shook her head a little and smiled back, "Well, it's cool. Halloween in Neunggok wasn't much of a big deal so it failed every year but it's cool that this school take it more seriously. I might actually enjoy it in school now. I used to love trick or treating with my family when I was younger."

 

"I never had that before." Jaejoong simply said.

 

Yuri instantly regretted it and tried to change the conversation as much as she could, "S...So...um, this school takes festivities pretty seriously, h...huh?"

 

Jaejoong nodded, knowing what Yeonseok was trying to do and was thankful, "Well, we take a lot of stuff seriously. Well, don't worry, this festival will be one you will never forget." Jaejoong said, winking.

 

Yuri tried to hold in a groan of pain from her stomach and from Jaejoong's gesture.

 

'Oh god, make the pain stop?' Yuri thought. However, she didn't know if she meant her stomach or heart.