08: Blackout

Heartsigh
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

08: BLACKOUT

Jungkook sat in the boys changing room, a storm of thoughts clouding his mind.  He was a good observer and he saw how Seulgi could follow the moments of the ball just fine.  Why did she act like she wasn’t able to dodge the ball?  He also knew that she wasn’t weak.  She had enough strength to knock him over.  Not every girl could do that.  He also didn’t understand why it bothered him so much.  Girls acted weak to get the attention of boys all the time, but he had a feeling that wasn’t why Seulgi was like that.

“We won the game, why are you sulking?” Jimin asked, as he buttoned back his school shirt beside Jungkook. 

“Did you think the way that Seulgi was playing was weird?” Jungkook looked seriously at Jimin like he was counting on his response.

Jimin raised an eyebrow.  “She seemed fine.  Are you angry because she managed save and knock you down at the same time?”

“No, it’s not that.  I’m just confused that she was strong enough to push me but seemed so weak when throwing the ball.” 

Jimin shrugged, not understanding why Jungkook was so fixated on this.  He said consolingly, “At least you guys are not awkward by what happened this morning on the bus?”

Jungkook had been so puzzled by Seulgi’s actions that he had momentarily forgotten about this morning’s “happening”.  Now that Jimin had reminded him, he could his insides flutter unsettling his stomach, the touch of Seulgi’s lips on his neck still vivid in his memory.  He was not used to having this feeling, this type of nervousness.  He tried to focus his mind on the history assignment he was yet to finish.

- - -          

As it was nearing lunchtime, Seulgi secretly thought about how good the blood she had brought in her “tomato-juice” labeled sachet would taste.  But as the bell rang and Seulgi was about to stand up from her seat, a girl came up to her desk, a sweet smile on her face.

It was Jungkook’s friend, Irene.  She was from a different class so Seulgi wasn’t too sure why she was here and at her desk.

“Hi Seulgi,” She greeted cheerfully. 

Seulgi could hear the murmurs from the other classmates.  It was mostly guys saying how pretty and graceful Irene was, while the girls wondered why Irene was talking to her.

“Hi Irene,” Seulgi answered politely back.

“Would you be able to help me about with something?  I’m short of models at the moment and I think you would fit perfectly!”

Irene then went to explain that she was part of the photography club and that there were doing a shoot this lunchtime.  And that she wanted Seulgi to be one of the models.  Seulgi wasn’t too sure what Irene was trying to do but before she could reject her, Irene grabbed onto one of her hands and took her out of the classroom.

“Let’s go!” Irene said excitedly.

Jungkook who had seen the whole exchange happen was about to go after the both of them but Jimi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter