13: Blood Bath

Heartsigh
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

13: BLOOD BATH

Jungkook had just come back to his apartment from school to find his home phone blinking red to alert him that someone had left a voicemail.  He knew that having a home phone when he used his mobile phone most of time made the home phone almost redundant but he couldn’t bring himself to remove it.  There were too many memories. 

Even if they were memories he wanted to forget, he couldn’t seem to let them go.   They were still a part of him.

He pressed play to listen to the one new voicemail on loudspeaker.

Jungkook, it’s me your aunty.  I’ll left you some side dishes in the fridge.  I’ll visit you on the weekend.  Take care.

He pressed ‘5’ to delete the message.  After his mother’s incident, his aunty had offered for him to stay with her, but Jungkook couldn’t bring it onto himself to stay at her place, especially when she had four other hungry mouths to feed (his uncle and 3 cousins). 

Jungkook’s finger then lingered over the ‘6’ button for listening to his old saved voice messages.  After a moment of deliberation, he quickly pressed it to prevent himself from chickening out.  He listened with a bated breath, even though he knew the message by heart. 

The familiar voice that he hadn’t heard for so long echoed through his hollow apartment. 

Jungkook. I’ll be late working tonight.  You don’t need to wait for me.  I’ve cooked some of your favourite stew; you can heat it up for dinner.  Sleep early ok. I love you. Bye.

Jungkook felt his eyes swell up.  The bruise in his heart still felt so very sore even though a lot of time had passed.  He wished so much to be able to speak to his mother again, just one more conversation with her.  He missed her so much. 

The feeling of loss and helplessness still felt as real as the first time he found out his mother was murdered.  The only evidence that the murderer left was two clean bite holes on the side of his mother’s neck.  She had been dry.  It was a ghastly sight, which Jungkook had to endure in order to identify her dead mother at the scene of the crime. It had been 1 year already.  Yet he still couldn’t find any answers on the location of her killer. 

Jungkook hated vampires with a passion.  He wished they were all locked up.  But the one he wanted the most was his mother’s killer to be brought to justice.   Even if the rest of his relatives weren’t interested to find the killer, he wasn’t going to give up so easily. 

He dialed the private detective he had been contacting in attempt to find the killer since the police were useless.

“Hi Inspector Lee, it’s me Jungkook.  Do you have any new leads?”

“Oh Hi Jungkook.  It’s been a dead trail so far but there is something we heard that was quite peculiar…”

“What is it?”  Jungkook felt his heart lift in anticipation and anxiousness.

“Your mother was seeing a vampire by the name Yun of a few hours before her death.  We have eyewitnesses saying that it looked liked they knew each other.”

“Where is he?”  Jungkook quickly asked.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter