Negotiation failed...

Line

When the morning creeps in, everything turned to normal. Well, for most of the people in the headquarters, not for the 3 couples.

Yoseop woke up with a massive headache, that he stumbled down on his knees several times just to get to the bathroom. He looked at himself in the mirror, noticing how tired he looked like. And he wonders why. He didn`t actually do anything too extreme late last night. The thing he only did was… listening to what the others were saying. But he looked like he was not getting any sleep after had a 100 km marathon.

Sighing deeply, he took his shower real slow and get into his usual trainee uniform, too tired to think about what will happen the next moment. He knew that his life will change right when he stepped out of the room.

KNOCK! KNOCK!

Perhaps, even before he stepped out of the room.

Yang Yoseop finds himself standing close to his trainer when he opened the door of his room, or maybe not his trainer any longer. He looked up at the man and blinked tiredly, “What…?” He asked.

Doojoon was dressed in a white shirt and a slack that morning, not his captain uniform. Although it is the first time he saw Doojoon dressed like that, he had to admit that the man looked extremely handsome and… y...

Yoon Doojoon cleared his throat after he took a good look at the boy… no… at the man in front of him, “I need to talk to you before I bring you to the meeting room” The Captain said. “It is… important”

“Hmm…” Yoseop let the man get into his room and closed the door. He then walked towards the window and took his seat at the wide window pane while Doojoon followed him closed behind. The man stayed standing in front of Yoseop even when there is a chair for him to seat. “What do you want to talk about?”

Doojoon sighed deeply and he fidgeting around, something that Yoseop had never seen the man did. If before, he always had his stone-like face and confident look but now, the captain looked like he was… nervous… anxious… sorry. “Are you okay?” He voiced out carefully.

“Why does it concern you?”

The captain shut his eyes tight for a mere second and blinked furiously, “Just tell me. I need to now. I… want to know”

Yoseop his lower lips and softly exhaled, “I had a massive headache. I tripped down few times just now”

“I am sorry”

“It`s fine…”

“Seop…”

“Don`t call me that. We are not that close now”

The taller man looked kind of hurt by the words but he tried as hard as he can to maintain his composure, “I didn`t have the chance to say how… sorry I was about how things turned up to be. Last night-”

“There is nothing you can do about it. It`s your job” Yoseop said, looking out at the busy streets. How strange the people here get busy early in the morning. It was only 7 and yet there are people all over the place. “What else do you want to talk about?”

“I came to talk about us”

“What about us?”

“Don`t you want to know what about us? I waited all these while to tell you about us, to make you remember us, to make you… to make us… be like before” Doojoon said as he moved closer and took Yoseop`s hands into his, “Please, Seop. I can`t bear this any longer”

Yoseop turned to look at Doojoon properly, seeing how the desperate look enveloped the man`s face. This is not the Captain Yoon that he knew and seen before. The Yoon Doojoon that was grasping his hand is someone else, perhaps, this is the real him.

He preferred this Yoon Doojoon though, “Then… Tell me. What are we to each other?”

“We were lovers”

The bold answer had taken Yoseop back but his expressionless face stayed on. He blinked slowly, processing Doojoon`s word and his lips once again, “Are you sure? I don`t think-”

“You don`t know how hard I have to hold back when I knew your parents were about to give you up. Just asked Hyunseung, he knew how messed up I was” Doojoon exhaled, taking his seat right beside Yoseop at the window pane.

“I stayed by your side almost every day when you were in your coma, praying hard so that you would wake up. And you can`t even imagine how desperately I beg for Junhyung to pull you out of Line7. I know everything you did. I know everything you eat, how you`ve been beaten during your early days there. I know and I have to bear everything”

“I can`t-”

“I know you can`t remember. You lost your memories. I also know that you can`t love me. You have no feelings. I just want you to know that no matter what, I still want you. I need you. You are in front of me so there is no way I can hold in any longer. I just can`t, Yoseop”

Yoseop sighed softly, “What can I do, Captain Doojoon? I can`t remember. I can`t feel anything towards you” He said, “I am a subject, experimental being. People will use me like a lab`s rat. Perhaps, I will die soon. So I can`t let you continue to love me anymore. It will causes you more pain seeing how people would use me after this”

Doojoon turned away from Yoseop and looked at the softly bright sky. He shook his head dejectedly, rubbing his thumbs on Yoseop`s palms, “Junhyung and Hyunseung told me that I will have to face this if I were to take you as my trainee in the first place but I insisted. They told me also that even when you knew the truth, we can`t be like before”

“Then why-”

“We were so in love” Doojoon interrupted, pulling Yoseop`s face so close to his and their forehead touched, “We were so in love before. And I still in love with you now… I can`t let you go just like this, Seop. I can`t… not when I already told you about us”

“This…” Yoseop breath out, “This will only hurt you even more. Even when I can`t have any feelings towards you, I still value you as someone that I knew. So I can`t let you get hurt because of me. Don`t you get it?”

“I know…” Doojoon said, closing his eyes slowly, “It just that… I waited so long. I should have quit when I got the chance but I was afraid. I was afraid of not being able to coop with the live in Line7 if I ever pull myself out of this… project. I was afraid to face the reality”

“So… you will have to live in Line7 if your ever pull out of this project, huh?”

He nodded, “Since I already know too much about it, the people from the upper Line can`t guarantee that I will not leak the info to Cell if they didn`t shove me there when I quit”

Yoseop hummed as he looked at Doojoon closed face. The captain was still closing his eyes and he took the opportunity to burn the handsome face into his intelligent mind. One of his hand move on its own and caress Doojoon`s cheek, jaw and neck, “I am sorry that I can`t remember us”

Doojoon shook his head, “It`s fine…” He whispered, “I felt very happy just when you don`t push me away when I told you about us. I was so afraid that you will not accept me and ignore me then”

“Perhaps, this is also why I didn`t push you when we slept together since last week, huh” He smiled ever so sweetly. “Maybe… my body remembered you even when my mind can`t”

“Seop…” Doojoon moaned out. His eyes flutter opened to look at the other being. He had a pain expression on his face and Yoseop knew that the captain was on the verge of crying, “I really wish you will remember us… even just a bit”

Yoseop frowned as his chest hurt and he pulled the captain into his embrace, placing the head on his chest, running his fingers along the black locks. He hummed a random song that suddenly came into his mind and he can feel the body on his stiffen. Out of sudden, the captain started to sob.

“That`s our song, Seop…” He chokes out softly.

_____*****_____

When Yoseop and Doojoon arrived at the meeting room, everyone was there already, obviously were waiting for both of them. There are faces that Yoseop had never seen before and he guessed that they were the people from the upper Line, based on the way they dressed. Ignoring everyone, Doojoon gestured Yoseop to their seats somewhere around the oval table.

“We shall start our meeting” Junhyung announced and right at that moment, the door of the meeting room was locked so that no one can get in to peek inside.

Yoseop looked at Kikwang who was sitting directly in front of him and he softly smiled at his friend. Kikwang did smile back at him but he knew that his friend still felt guilty over what had happened. He his lips and suddenly felt Doojoon`s hand on his. He intertwined their fingers together, both keeping their stoic face.

“Yoseop, I shall introduced you to the governor of Line5, the right hand man of Line4 and Line3 governors and also the Elite Forces` first commander” Junhyung said, pointing at each of the said man with his eyes. He then looked at Yoseop, exhaling softly when the other looked back at him with bored eyes. “You already know the rest of us”

“What am I doing here?” Yoseop asked out of sudden.

“We are here to discuss the actual reason why we picked you up from Line7. After knowing the truth last night…” Hyunseung cleared his throat, “These people came today also to participate in this meeting. You need to know what your job is, because you are the only one that can do this”

Kikwang glanced at Doojoon. He could tell that both of the man in front of him had been talking about them. Both Yoseop and Doojoon were sitting a little bit too close to each other. Honestly, he felt relieved when the truth had been told to Yoseop.

He was there when Doojoon was in his crazy state right after Yoseop went coma. He knew how the man suffered. He, with Junhyung was there to safe Doojoon when the man wanted to kill himself by gun. He, with Hyunseung was there when Doojoon did purposely drown himself in the bathtub.

He had witnessed everything. And so, he knew when Doojoon seems to be more relaxed around Yoseop compared to before. He noticed even the slight change in the man.

“Then, just tell me what am I supposed to do” Yoseop pressed in.

“Yoseop-shi” Someone called out. The man looked slightly older than the others but he dressed in the commander`s uniform just like Junhyung. Just, he had more pins on his chest, indicating his rank in the Elite Force. “My name is Kwon Jiyong and I am the first commander in this force. Basically, everything that happened was according to my order, including what had happened to you in the first place”

Yoseop nodded once.

Jiyong smiled softly, looking at Yoseop as if he was looking at his own brother, “You might can`t remember but you knew me before. We were friends since I knew Doojoon, Junhyung, Hyunseung and Kikwang. Honestly, it`s really good to see you”

“I am sorry that my memories been wiped out” Yoseop said boldly. “Why don`t we proceed to what`s this meeting about. My head hurt when we talk about the past”

“You really need to fix your attitude, young man”

“Governor…” Kikwang looked at the spoken man, trying to ease the slow tension that started to build in, “Perhaps, Yoseop`s just tired. Please understand the current situation that he had to gone thru, sir” He said slowly.

The Governor scoffed, “I am still keen about what I said. You really need to fix your attitude, speaking informally to the higher rank people, hurting people, being so rude. You are lucky that I can`t do anything towards you when you hurt my son before”

Yoseop blinked and he smirked, “Tell your son to fix his attitude first then I will consider fixing mine, sir…”

“What did you just-”

“Enough…” One small man that was sitting beside the Governor said. He sighed deeply and looked at Yoseop, “Pardon Governor Yifan, Yoseop-shi” He said, “My name is Suho and I am the right hand man of Governor in Line3. I have my friend here, Luhan, the right hand man of Governor in Line4. You are right. We need to proceed with the meeting”

“I am sorry that you have to face the reality about your own life, Yoseop-shi. The Governor in Line4 sent his regards” Luhan speaks up, smiling widely with his handsome face. “He can`t be here due to some matters he had to attend”

Yoseop frowned at the people around the table. He then looked at Doojoon, “Why don`t you tell me what is my purpose of being here? I am not here for any sympathy or small talk”

Doojoon raised his eyebrows at the sudden request and he had to look at Junhyung, silently pleading the man not to let he tell Yoseop. However, Junhung nodded, asking him to be the one that break the news to Yoseop. He sighed, turning his attention back to his love, “So… you knew that we need the new formula in B2ST project, right” He asked and the other man nodded, “But your parents didn`t want to give it to us. So…”

“So you need me to persuade my parents into giving up the formula” Yoseop finished the sentence on his own.

“You should know that we are at the brink of having a war with Cell. We need the formula for our soldiers” Luhan said.

Yoseop his lips, thinking hard about what he had to do. “Will my parents hand in the formula if I do this?”

“That is your job to make sure they hand in the formula. You are our only chance. There`s no other person that can do this. Your parents are really protective about the formula. We can`t find anything about the formula all these years” Suho continued.

“I thought you knew the effect of talking the formula. Just look at me” Yoseop said, pointing at himself, “Do you really want a whole troop of soldiers with permanent amnesia and cruel, rude and didn`t really need the heart to function in order to live?”

Yifan clicked his tongue, “That is the problem that we will face on our own. We already have thousands of willing soldiers for this war. We just need the formula, that`s all”

“Tell me the situation between Line and Cell”

Most of the people in the room looked at Jiyong and the man slowly exhaled. With Yoseop`s sharp eyes, he could see the older man fidgeted in his seat, “We are on cease fire situation. According to the agreement, cease fire can only protect us in another one month”

“Why are we at war in the first place?”

“They want to take our land, turning it into Cell. Territory thing…”

Yoseop nodded slowly, sighing, “Then… I will have to meet my parents back in Line7?”

“That`s right…” Doojoon nodded, “They live there but don`t worry. They are safe. We need the formula so we can`t let anything happen to them”

Yoseop glanced at Doojoon, “Then, you will leave my parents on their own to die in Line7 if they already give up the formula?”

The whole room fell into deep silence until Hyunseung cleared his throat, “We can talk about that later, Yoseop. I am sure that there is something we will provide your parents with after we already get hold onto the formula. Right now you just need to-”

“I want to talk about it now, not later” Yoseop intercepted. “It is my parents that we are talking about right now. I want to know what will happen to them later on. I don`t care if you guys want to exterminate me or something but my parents, I want you to guarantee their safety… forever”

“Seop…” Kikwang called out.

“No…” He protested out loud, “You guys only think about your own asses and not about my parents… at all. You will let them die later on after you get what you want, right?” Yoseop stood up, swatting away Doojoon`s hand when the man tried to calm him down, “I want my parents in Line1 if they decided to give the formula”

Suho raised his eyebrows, “Yoseop-shi… that`s a bit too much for a demand. It is not up to us to simply place people in Line1. In there, most people are-”

“Then make it Line2…”

“That`s also-”

“Or I will not proceed with this so called mission or what so ever”

Yifan rolled his eyes, “You can`t do that. It`s a must for you to participate in the mission. Or perhaps, you want to kill everyone in here when we have the war? I am sure that you are not that cruel even when you have no feelings”

“Sir…” Jiyong called out. He stood as well, looking at Yoseop, “Yoseop, you knew we will do anything to keep your parents safe. But to place them in Line2, I don`t think even the governor of Line3 can do it. We can only bring them here in Line5 under my order of you want. That`s the most deal I can get for you”

Yoseop scoffed, “Like I said… if you don`t give me what I want, I will walk out of this room right now. Then, you will all face the reality when the war begin”

The four soldiers in the meeting room looked at each other, talking with each other with their eyes and gestures. They simply can`t say or do anything since it`s out of their league. Only Yifan, Suho, Luhan and Jiyong can settle this out.

“Can`t we cut another deal, Yoseop-shi? I can try to talk to the governor to let them in Line4, if you want” Luhan said slowly, not wanting to worsen the situation, “You need to understand. In this world, the most powerful people are all in Line1 and we are just merely toys for them. There is no way we can get your parents to Line2 too”

“In my opinion, if the formula that my parents created can safe this whole Line from 1 to 7, they are the most powerful people. Am I right?” Yoseop asked while looking at Luhan with his fierce eyes.

Luhan sighed, “I don`t know what else can we say to you. No matter what happen, there is no way we can cut the deal that you demanded. I hope you understand, Yoseop-shi”

“Then I guess the negotiation fail” Yoseop scoffed and we walked away from the table, towards the door. Right when he wanted to step out, he glanced back at everyone, “No wonder they called you guys toys. You acted like one”

“Everyone including you was a toy, Yoseop-shi” Yifan said.

Yoseop rolled his eyes, “If you call me toy once again, I will ripped your vocal cord out of your throat with my bare hand, Yifan-shi” He his back, eyes meeting with Yifan`s, “Just so you remember, I have the formula in me. So basically, I have more strength than every single person in here. Want to test me out?” He raised his eyebrows and when no one speaks up to him, he walked out.

Suho exhaled loudly, “This is not what I had in mind about how the meeting was supposed to end like” He murmured slowly but loud enough for everyone to hear him. “We need to find another way to make Yoseop-”

“Junhyung, Hyunseung, Doojoon and Kikwang…” Yifan called out and in instant, all four of the soldiers stood up into a halt position, “I want you guys to change that boy`s mind and make sure the formula is here in this headquarters in 2 weeks. If you fail, consider yourself out of this force and you`ll find your sorry asses in Line7, understood”

“Yes, sir” Junhyung answered sharply. He glanced at Jiyong and caught the first commander shaking his head at him, “We request for stepping out of here, sir” He continued.

“Hmm…”

They walked out one by one and Kikwang, being the last person that exited the room, closed the door, in everyone`s opinion, quite harshly. Jiyong looked at Yifan right when his soldiers went out, “That is really unnecessary, sir. The four of them are my best soldiers”

“I am sure there are more talented soldiers than them” Yifan merely said, ignoring the first commander fury. “Isn`t it the real purpose why we have this training camp here?”

_____*****_____

Yoseop was walking towards his room when he suddenly witnesses a bunch of jackass harassing someone. He sighed deeply and walked towards them. At first, he decided to ignore the group, not wanting to create any more enemies than he already has but then, his feet came into stop when he realized that the group was actually making a circle around Dongwoon.

Standing behind one of the bullies, Yoseop peeked into the circled. “What`s going on? Is there something interesting happened?” He casually asked and all of them looked at him. “Ah… it`s you guys again…” He said, looking at the Governor`s son who he had stab his hand with a fork.

“Well… here comes the hero…” The boy said and his friends laughed. “We were just doing some… things with your buddy here. What happened to him? Mute all the way…”

Yoseop looked at Dongwoon who already standing on his two feet and walking towards him. He raised his eyebrows at the boy, asking whether he is okay or hurt and Dongwoon shook his head slowly. “Is there any problem you have with him, ?”

“My name`s Kai and not , you douche”

“Well, Kai-shi…” Yoseop rolled his eyes, “Is there any problem you have with my buddy here?” He repeated the question more… politely.

Kai snickered and he inched closer until they were face to face, “I haven`t see you at the training hall, today. You and your friends… what? Expelled already…? Since you hurt a me…” He smirked, waving his bandaged hand on Yoseop and Dongwoon`s face.

“And who exactly have the power to expel us?”

“My father of course…”

Yoseop faked a thinking looked and also a gasped, “Ah… so you are the governor`s son…” He said, watching the boy in front of him proudly scoffed at him, “Actually…I just met your father in the meeting room and honestly… I think he doesn`t even have the balls to stand against me”

Kai blinked his eyes several times, “What the are you talking about? My father`s here? Why?”

“Yeah… apparently, neither of us had been expelled and he even asked our help to do something for him. Too sad that he didn`t even ask for you. Probably he knew that you are not as good as us, Kai…” Yoseop snorted and he pulled Dongwoon away from there.

_____*****_____

Dongwoon took his seat on Yoseop`s bed while the man closed the door. He chewed his bottom lips nervously. After the hectic scene last night, he didn`t have the chance of spending time with Yoseop and knowing the truth about everything, their friendship kind of become awkward suddenly.

“Are you okay? They didn`t do anything towards you, right?” Yoseop asked, sitting down at a single chair fee feet from Dongwoon.

“No… they d-didn`t do anything” He replied slowly.

“There is no need to be awkward with me, Dongwoon. We are still friends like before regardless of what had happened. I will never throw you away at all” Yoseop said, staring right at Dongwoon`s nervous eyes.

Dongwoon exhaled softly, “I think I am… interfering with… all these missions what so ever”

Yoseop chuckled, “How come? You are someone important to me, my buddy, and my friend who stayed with me back when we were in Line7. You are precious… especially to Kikwang. So, don`t go become a loner all by yourself and become mute. Even when you have nothing to do with this project, you are still our friend, Dongwoon”

“Then… will you share with me about what you guys talked about in the meeting room, h-hyu-ng?” He frowned hard. The word came out as a stutter even when he didn`t want to. It felt weird calling Yoseop as hyung.

Yoseop snorted hearing the stumbles, “If you don`t want to, you didn`t have to call me hyung. I don`t mind at all”

“It`s fine. You are far older than me”

“Then… suit yourself” Yoseop smiled, “About what we were talking about in the meeting room, they just want me to go find my parents and ask them for the formula”

Dongwoon blinked his eyes really fast, “That`s all…?”

The older nodded, “Yeah… they said that my parents are so protective over the formula so they need me to persuade them. They probably will give up the formula to their son. That`s what the people had been thinking”

“How long did they give you the time for carry out that task of yours?”

“I don`t know…” Yoseop shrugged, “I went out even before the meeting finish”

Dongwoon frowned, “Why…?”

“I asked them to place my parents in Line1 or Line2, if my parents gave up the formula. But they didn`t want it. They said that it is not up to them to place people there and there are no way they can agree with my single term. So, I just went out, declaring that the negotiation is over”

“Woah…” The younger`s mouth gaped, forming a large circle, “It will be so cool if they did agree with you. I mean, your parents will live in the best part of Line. Line1 and Line2 surely are like heaven. They must be very lucky, hyung…”

“The problem is that they didn`t agrees with me…”

“Right…” Dongwoon nodded, “Then… we will have war, I guess?” He asked like an innocent boy he is. “When…?”

“According to some man named Jiyong, we are at cease fire right now and it last a month only. So maybe if they did get their head out of each other`s asses, I can still get the formula. If they were still with their thick ego, we will have a war in a month”

Dongwoon pouted as he lay down on the bed, sighing deeply, “That`s scary…”

Yoseop stood up and walked towards the window to watch the busy streets. He had grown an interest of watching people in the streets from his window ever since he arrived there. “No matter what, we will stick together until the end. You, me and Kikwang”

“But… Kikwang already had his own life, hyung… he is one of the Elite Force. He is one of the squad leaders, he told me. Perhaps, he didn`t even have time for us, now”

“I doubt that he will abandon us. I know that we are strong that anything. The three of us, when we are together, we can go thru anything. Even with the formula in me, even when they said that I am the strongest man in Line, I am nothing without both of you”

“You are so kind, hyung…” Dongwoon said, looking at his hyung`s back, “I don`t know why they said that you don`t have feelings. From what I see, you have it. You are so caring, kind, forgiving. You are still normal human, hyung”

Yoseop blinked slowly, thinking of what Dongwoon had said to him, “Thanks, Dongwoon. That meant a lot to me” He whispered.    

_____*****_____

“Just who the hell does he think he is? How dare he threaten us like that” Kikwang burst up as soon as the four of them entered Junhyung`s office. “Calling Yoseop rude… he is worse than that” The small man kicked the coffee table in front of him.

Junhyung sighed while he took off his coat and dropped it on his working table, “Well, technically he had the right to fire us. He is the first man in this Line5” The Commander said, “And don`t kick that table, it`s mine”

Kikwang rolled his eyes at his friend. It felt good to be able to act like how he was supposed to and not act like a mere teen any longer. He still remembered when Junhyung as well as Hyunseung purposely treat him like a foot soldier with all the trainings with Dongwoon. “Anyway… we need to do something about what had happened, right? Since we will be fire and kicked down to Line7 if we do not”

“There is only one way to safe our self. We just have to talk to Yoseop. I am sure he will understand if we tell him our situation. I mean, although he has no feelings, his brain still functioning well. I doubt that he will let us being kicked out of his force because he didn`t want to give the formula” Hyunseung blurted out.

The Vice-Captain looked at the gloomed Captain that was sitting beside him. He poked the man on his cheek and groaned when his hand was slapped away, “Don`t you need to say something about this, Doo?”

“There is nothing for me to say actually. I don`t even know what am I supposed to do now”

“Did you talk to Yoseop already?” Hyunseung raised his eyebrows.

“Yeah…”

“Then… how was his reaction?”

Doojoon hummed, biting his lower lips, “He rejected me…”

If they were not in any critical situation, Junhyung swears that he will be laughing his off already at the image of his buddy being rejected. But then, at current moment, no one speaks up. “What exactly that he said to you?”

“He told me that we can`t be like before since the people will be using him like an object. It will be more hurtful for me to see him like that”

Kikwang his lower lips, “That… basically is correct but then… he didn`t remember anything about you or any of us? I mean, we were friends before and you guys… both of you already know each other since… I can`t even remember when”

“No… He didn`t remember anything. He clearly told me that” Doojoon leaned back against the couch, puffing his cheeks several times as the other watched him intensely, “I was thinking about something when Yoseop was talking about the upper Line in the meeting just now”

“What is it?” Junhyung asked almost instantaneously.

“Isn`t it weird when even the Governor in Line3 can`t talk with people in Line2 about placing Yoseop`s parents there”

Hyunseung chewed his bottom lip, looking at Doojoon real hard, “Honestly, I was thinking about the same matter too. It is understandable that they can`t simply place people there but not even as a request? If Yoseop`s parents gave up the formula, they contributed enough for the whole Line and I think they should be rewarded to the fullest”

Kikwang looked at Junhyung who seems to be thinking about what the other two were talking about. He, too, thought that it was quite suspicious. It seems like there is something that they hide from the people at the lower Line. “There must be something that they didn`t want us to know, right?”

“Yeah… in the meeting room just now, the Governor looked quite relaxed but not the two right hand men. Even our first commander failed to hide his shocked expression when Yoseop demanded his deal for the formula” Doojoon continued.

Junhyung finally nodded to what his subordinated were discussiong about, “I will talk to Jiyong about this. In the meantime, I need all of you to talk to Yoseop and if he decided to hand in the formula, just keep it as a secret first. We have two weeks so we will use every 14 days we have to find the truth. If they make us do dirty job without we knowing it, I will surely to approve it”

“Yes, sir”

_____*****_____

“Come in…” Jiyong said slight loudly and the door of his office creak opened, revealing his commander, Junhyung, “Ah… Jun… Come in, I am expecting you actually…” He said, pushing away the documents in his hands and looked straight up.

Junhyung exhaled softly as he closed the office door. “You were expecting me, sir?” He asked, walking slowly towards Jiyong.

Jiyong nodded, “Yes. I have the feelings that you are coming to see me after the meeting. There must be something that you wanted to ask me, right? Why don`t you spill it out now, Junhyung” The first commander said.

“Yes, sir…” Junhyung cleared his throat, “We had some questions to ask you, sir and-”

“We…?”

“Me, Hyunseung, Doojoon and as well as Kikwang”

“Ah…” Jiyong nodded again. He stood up and walked towards the balcony in the office, “Go on…”

Junhyung followed his first commander to the balcony, “We were wondering if there are things that we didn`t know. I mean about the upper Line, sir. It is weird when Sir Suho and Sir Luhan said that there are no way Yoseop`s parents can be placed there. Can`t they at least try to talk to the people in the upper Line?” 

“I believe that it is a situation that we are not supposed to interfere, Junhyung. We are soldiers and we do what people paid us for. Nothing more, nothing less… You shall remember that well”

“I understand but they could at least try to make some deal with Yoseop. I mean, if the formula is really important then Yoseop`s deal is actually good enough for Line, is it?”

Jiyong his lower lips, “It is not our call to make, Jun. I don`t even have the power to cut any deal higher than Line5, you know that right? Even so, I still will be lectured by our governor”

“But, sir-”

“You should just think about how to actually get the formula. If Yoseop still didn`t want to cooperate, you need to get into Line7 and get the formula by yourself, Jun. You and your team need to do it”

“We will think about our plan. You don`t have to be worried about it”

“Good…”

“Pardon me, sir…” Junhyung shook his head, “But I think we have a point. It is very suspicious on why they are so secretive about the upper Line. None of us have been there in Line1 until Line3 expect you. You have been in Line3 to meet the governor. So, only you can tell us what is going on?”

“Jun-”

“There are several things that they didn`t tell us, right? They hide it from us, the people who carry out this mission. I don`t think that is fair. As the commander, I need to have the answer to the questions asked by my subordinates, sir”

Jiyong sighed deeply as he turned to look at Junhyung, “The more you know, and the harder the reality is for you, Junhyung. Yes, I have been there in Line3 and yes there are several things that we didn`t tell you and the others. You have to understand that the things that we hide for you are for you own good”

“You don`t believe in my capabilities, sir?”

“I do believe in you since I handpicked each one of my important men myself, you, Hyunseung, Doojoon and Kikwang. But these things… it is not just a mere play or mission or just to continue the B2ST project… there are more to it”

“What do you mean, sir?”

“It is enough for you to know that you are responsible to get the formula, that`s all”

“I think we have the right to know the truth. If this mission is that important then you have to tell us what and why exactly are we carrying out it. Don`t tell me that the war is just a bull that you threw to us just so we will carry out your order”

Jiyong averted his eyes from his subordinate and Junhyung`s mouth slowly gaped, “You have got to be kidding me, Jiyong…”

The first commander sighed once more and he walked away from the balcony, “Come here. I will show you the lay out of the real mission”

________________________________________________________________________________

Hey guys... how are you? i really do hope you guys are doing just fine... 

here is another update for you guys especially for my friend, wsp0905, who had been the reason why i am so motivated to update early... haha... thanks, my friend...

anyway, like usual, do leave me your comments and thoughts...  

Love, Mera...