Good bye, guys..

Line

Both Kikwang and Dongwoon stopped dead on their track, almost stumbling forward as they had run a bit too fast for a sudden stop. they scanned the slightly dark tunnel for the situation as both of them heard Junhyung shouted Hyunseung`s name just now. And they gasp at the horror.

“HYUNSEUNG!” Kikwang unconsciously pulled his hand out of Dongwoon`s grasp and run towards the Vice-Captain. “How can this happen?”

 Laying on the floor, was Hyunseung with bleeding lower body and his head on Junhyung`s laps. However, what made it even worse was Hyunseung had some sort of accidentally run into a wire that bust his right legs. Now, the soldier left with only left legs.

Dongwoon walked slowly towards them and he trembled when he saw blood, bones and chuck of meat splattered everywhere around them. It was gore, bloody and normal people would have passed out or go puke somewhere.

“Jun… What had happen?” Kikwang asked once again. His eyes can never left the extreme site of Hyunseung`s legs. “Legs…”

“Damn… I stepped onto some wire, I guess…” Hyunseung said and for an extremely injured person, he sounded really well.

Junhyung was trembling, shaking furiously while he wiped the sweat off of Hyunseung`s forehead. His mouth felt dry and he wetted his lips a few times already. The scene of Hyunseung`s legs tore apart kept on replying in his mind and he can`t get it out. Every single detail, the sound of flesh tore apart, the sound of Hyunseung`s gasp in pain and the sound of Hyunseung`s whimpering, he remembered everything.

He had been close to Hyunseung during the run and he actually saw the wire. But then, even before he could do anything, the other man already stepped onto it and both of them, when it happened, were too shocked to actually scream in pain or in agony.

Blinking furiously, he prayed that everything is just a dream. This cannot be happening, especially to them.

“How are you feeling, Seung?” Kikwang asked while he took off his jacket, wrapping them messily around Hyunseung`s legs with trembling hands. No, this cannot be happening to them, his heart beats faster and faster.  

The injured person hisses in pain, “In immersed pain…” He replied, “God, this is irritating”

Dongwoon kneeled beside Kikwang and he slowly pry his boyfriend`s hands away to take the task in hand. Not to brag at time like this, but he can actually wrapped wounds a lot better than Kikwang. He took off his own jacket too to add another layer to the wound that he knew, can`t do any good.

Blood splattered again and this time, out of Hyunseng`s mouth. He was in critical mode, everyone can tell. He looked up at Junhyung who had been watching him. Slowly, he smiled, “Hey there… I know I am beautiful, no need to stare at me like that, Junnie…”

Junhyung shut his eyes, taking a deep breath and opened them, “Let`s take turns carry him on our back until we reach outside” He said to Kikwang and Dongwoon. “I will take him first, you guys at the back, look out for the others and then Dongwoon will take him, the Kikwang. Each of us carries him as long as we can before passing to the next person”

Both of the soldiers nodded. “We will need to clean this wound as soon as we reach the outside. I think Yoseop and Doojoon can do something about this. Doojoon used to know a lot about medical stuff” Kikwang said.

Junhyung was just about to move when Hyunseng chuckled. All of them froze at their spot listening to the angelic laugh.

“You guys can go…” Hyunseung whispered.

If they are at the outside, the only thing they can hear is the wind and because they are still inside the tunnel, they heard nothing and it was a deep silence after Hyunseung talked.

“What…?” Junhyung asked, a bit too harsh in anyone acknowledgement.

“I can`t go on like this. We all know I am going to be a burden. So, it`s fine. You guys go and I will hold them back as long as I can if they ever reach here” Hyunseung said, spouting nonsense again.

Dongwoon shook his head, “We can`t do that. I promised Yoseop hyung that I will make sure everyone is safe and we will meet them in another few hours”

“You`ve done a great job, Dongwoon and now I am releasing you from that job. I am okay with you leaving me here. So just-”

“Seung-ah…” Kikwang blurted out, “No… our answer is concrete no… we will not abandon you here or anyone else even if you only left with half of your body. I don`t care what you think. You are not a burden. None of us will be a burden if anything happened. We promised to do this together until the very end”

Hyuseung wiped the trickled of blood that sweeps from his lips again, “Kiki… I know. We promised that and I am sorry to break that promise. I am doing this considering the consequences. If we ever come face to face with the soldiers, I will… will be a burden. Trust me on this”

“Seung-”

“It`s fine…” Junhyung suddenly said, “You guys go… I will stay here with Hyunseung and delay the soldiers”

“Huh…?” Dongwoon dumbly asked, “What now…? Why is everyone want to-”

“I will stay here and we will delay the soldiers when they reach here. If there any explosive, we will use against them and shut this tunnel for good. Now, I need both of you to go and find Doojoon and Yoseop”

“Use against them…? You know that will kill you too, right?” Dongwoon asked again. “So, this is you plan, Commander?”

Junhyung sighed, “For now… Dongwoon… I will think of other plan later on…”

“And just leave you guys here… Why?” Kikwang argued. “I am not going to do that, Yong Junhyung. I said that you Jang Hyunseung and I will say the same to you too, not as a soldier but as a friend”

“This is an order, Lee Kikwang. I order both of you to go save your life and meet with the other two. Tell them…” Junhyung stopped for a while, “It has been a pleasure being their comrade… and best friends… it is also for you guys”

Kikwang frowned, “Junhyung!”

“GO!!”

The smallest among them shut his lips just when he was about to argue again. He stayed frowning until Dongwoon made the first move and pulled his hand to another run. None of them looked back at the Commander and Vice-Captain.

"Good bye, guys..." Junhyung sighed and moved slightly until his back was on the wall, making both of them a bit more comfortable.

“You are such an idiot…” Hyunseung blurted out, “You knew Kikwang has a heart made on glass. He`s hurt inside…”

“And you hurt me… Seungie…”

Hyunseung chuckled again before coughing up some blood, “It is not that I have a choice, right? But you… you have a choice and you choose to stay with me… to die with me… that`s stupid”

“It is not…” Junhyung stated confidently, “I will not be able to live without you anyway… so why not just die with you. At least I fulfill my promise to you to be together until the end of our life”

“Yeah…” The slender man nodded, smiling softly. "That`s one way to fulfill our promise... I thought we would probably grow old at some old house... owning some farm... with the others and probably sell things at the market for pocket money since the pay we receives now ..."

Junhyung could not agree no more, "Hhm... All of us... happily ever after..."

They both stayed silent for a while, just a dark tunnel seems so peaceful for them. Or maybe since it is almost the time for them to die, everything seems peaceful. Each other`s presence are enough for now.

“What will Yoseop and Doojoon said, I wonder…” Hyunseung speaks up suddenly, asking questions. "They are the most vocal among us"

“Doojoon will be angry at Kikwang for sure sinc he cannot be angry at Dongwoon… Yoseop… maybe he will be angry at Doojoon for wanting to save him in the first place, saying that this will not be happening if Doojoon stop us since the start” Junhyung answered and both of them slowly chuckled.

“Kiki and Dongwoon would probably cry for days…” Hyunseung added to the joke. "Doojoon and Yoseop would be silent and cold"

Junhyung smiles widened and he looked down on his laps. "Yeah... and we will be able to stay together at some place... just us.."

Their eyes met and the Commander can`t help it but to fall in love once again. God, the man`s beautiful. Hyunseung was bleeding everywhere including his lips but he is still beautiful.

No matter what, he is the most beautiful person in Junhyung`s eyes, the one and only person that he loves. He caressed the cheek lovingly before planting a soft kiss on the bloody lips. “I love you… I love you so much, Jang Hyunseung”

Hyunseung kissed the man back, putting a bit of a force to the kiss, their last kiss, and his tears fell, a single tear. With trembling hand, he too, caresses the man`s cheek, “I love you too, thank you for staying with me”

“Anything for you, love”

_____~~~~~_____

“We should go back”

Dongwoon ignored the man behind him and he blindly pulled the hand towards the end of the tunnel. He wanted all of this to end as quickly as possible. He can take it no more. It is so painful, what he had witness just now.

“Wonnie… I can`t left them there…” Kikwang said again and this time, they both can hear a sob.

“We have no choice, Kiki… we had to move forward now…”

“But… they are going to kill themselves”

Dongwoon stopped his run and pulled the man that he loves so much into a tight hug for a while. When he let go, the man was in tears mess. Being a gentleman he is, he wiped away those fat tears slowly.

“Why is this had to happen, Woonie…? We had the perfect plan to escape together. We had a perfect… plan…” The soldier sounded too broken.

Dongwoon, despite being the younger one at the time, felt like he was facing a baby now. Well, the man is his baby actually.

“They are my best friends…”

“Kiki…” Dongwoon cupped the cute face, “They sacrifice themselves so that we can live. And being their best friend, you have to make sure that if they did die, they didn`t die for nothing. We have to live. They die so that we can live, so no matter what, we have to continue living for them”

Kikwang sobs again, “But…”

“We both know Hyunseung hyung had a point just now and Junhyung-hyung wanted to stay with his love. I will do the same for you and I believe you will do the same for me, right?” He asked.

Kikwang nodded slightly, “I know…”

“So… what we can do now is to do what they want us to, to live. We will get out of here and we will find Yoseop hyung and Doojoon hyung, no matter what. We will live, Kiki… I will make sure that”

“Promise me you would not leave me, Dongwoon. No matter what… If we want to live, let`s live together at the outside”

“Of course, Kiki”