2 escaped... 4 more...

Line

“Are you okay?” Even before Yoseop could speak up, the other man already do so. He too, felt suffocated with the silence that envelopes them since the last 30 minutes. Doojoon kept on taking glances at Yoseop, softly smiling when he knew the smaller man also struggled to start a conversation.

No matter how much they in love before, Doojoon realized that it takes time for Yoseop to feel the same. The person that he`s in love with is not the same person anymore. He looked the same but is far from being his old self.

This Yang Yoseop is much stronger physically but he had flaws. He had no feelings, no heart, and that`s what actually makes you human.

But it is not his fault. It can never be Yoseop`s fault. It is his fault, Doojoon`s fault. Since he didn`t do enough to stop Yoseop`s parents from doing what they have done. Until now, the guilt, the disgust, the anger towards himself deepened.

How can he let this happen to the person that he cherishes the most?

Why he didn`t stop them before?

He was such a coward back then, he admitted.

Yoseop looked up at Doojoon, getting mesmerized with the man perfect face for a while before nodded slowly, “We`re together… I will be okay no matter what” He whispered. “Am I right?”

The Captain chuckled, “Yeah. The outside world is just a few steps more. When we free, we can do whatever we want… together, with the others too. I am actually excited to see what awaits us out there”

“Me too…” Yoseop agreed, “I had this… tingle feelings in my stomach. I think it shows excitement… and worried too”

“Why…?”

“We can never know how the outside will look like. What if it`s just a vast of empty land? How can we survive? What about food and shelter? What if we ran into some civilization? It will be dangerous for us”

Doojoon smiled soften. He slowly grabbed Yoseop`s hand, intertwining their perfect locks together, “No matter how dangerous it is, I am sure we can face this together. We are not an ordinary group of 6 people, you know? You may be strong but we are not far behind”

“Yeah… I believe you. I can`t wait for this to end. I need some rest, you need it too, Doojoon-ah” Yoseop looked up again while tightening their fingers together. It felt good actually, despite the situation they are currently in. “We all need a good rest from everything that had happened”

“Why don`t we run for it? I am getting very inpatient right now”

Yang Yoseop smirked very slowly and without waiting for the right marks, he dashed forward, “The losers built the raft on his own” He declared.

While getting the situation right, Doojoon`s mouth gape in awe. “What the hell” He murmured, scoffing at the goofiness of the smaller man before dashed forward after his lover.

_____*****______

While the couple enjoyed their little date-in-tunnel, the others didn`t even stopped running ever since their started. It has been almost an hour and the tunnel almost reached the end.

However, the four of them didn`t want any of the soldiers to catch up with them and so, they didn`t stop even when all of them already felt so tired they can sleep once they lay down.  

They are so sure that they soldiers will follow them in the tunnel to the road and not the lake. They are also so sure that the soldiers will think that they stick together, the six of them.

Logically speaking, that`s what they planned to do in the first place. But considering the consequences if they were caught, they didn`t want to gamble having Yoseop in the enemies` hands once again.

Yong Junhyung has been leading the way ever since. He too felt tired and he knew, the others felt the same. But, he didn`t want to risk it by stopping. He knew, once they stopped, they need at least 15 minutes to catch their breath and the soldiers can become nearer that they already are.

He glanced behind him and came eye to eye with his boyfriend. The slender man looked really tired but once their eyes met, he managed to curve a beautiful smile. Junhyung smiled back and reached out to grab his hand.

Hyunseung chuckled and reach back. He can actually feel the fast beating heart of his Commander through the intertwined hands. “We almost there, Jun-ah” He whispered, trying to cheer the man up.

The Commander nodded, “Just a little bit more and we are free”

“But Jun…” The Vice-Captain muttered, getting full attention from the other man, “I am worried about Jiyong. He did so much for us. We are not here if it is not because of him. Yet, we didn`t know what had happened to him”

Junhyung his sweaty lips, “Honestly, I don`t think they still kept him”

“What do you mean by that?”

“I am not for sure but if I were they, I killed him already. He gave so much intel to us. It is because of him that we managed to save Yoseop and be here like you said. They can`t risk it if we were to save him too. It will be the end for them. Jiyong can basically order our troops against them”

Hyunseung stayed silent for a moment, thinking of what Junhyung had been saying. And he can`t deny it that the man had a point. But deep inside, he still wanted Jiyong to stay alive. They owe him too much.

Behind them, real close were the other two, Lee Kikwang and Son Dongwoon. They had been interlocking their hands since the beginning of the run. And now they both were sweating like mad dogs. Panting really hard, but their pace never slowed down. That`s just how amazing they are.

“Do you want to rest, Woonie?” Kikwang looked beside him.

Dongwoon flashed his lover a smiley, full teeth, “I am fine, Kiki. I am tired as hell but this is exciting. I can`t wait to reach the outside. There must be so much for us to explore together”

Kikwang nodded, “According to what we have planned, it will be taking us full 4 to 5 hours since we start escaping to be completely out of their reach. So, in another 3 hours plus minus, we will be a free man”  

The youngest among them was still smiling but Kikwang can see the smile flattered a little. He beamed towards the other person and blinked rapidly, “What`s wrong, Dongwoon-ah?”

“It is nothing” Dongwoon brushed it off, “I was just worried about Yoseop hyung. What if the soldiers didn`t buy our bait and chase them instead towards the lake. There are only the two of them”

“Then, they will protect each other”

“How can you be so sure?”

“It`s what I will do if I were to be they” This time he was the once who flashed Dongwoon a wide smile, “Don`t you worry too much. Both of them together are much stronger than the four of us, you know”

Dongwoon hummed in acknowledgement, “Then… when we are all free, let`s start fresh for us. Make sure you stay with me no matter what, okay?”

“Of course I will. My plan included being captivated and locked inside your heart, Woonie…” Kikwang smirked, getting cheesy than ever.

The younger felt like he can melt already. Despite the heat around them, he felt like flying around in the cloud, so happy and he can`t properly describe it. “Then, I will have to make sure that I locked you properly, so that you can never get out again”

“Hmm…” Kikwang chuckled, “Oh God I love you so much… I can`t wait to get out, rest and enjoy the world with you”

“I love you t-”

“HYUNSEUNG…!!!”

_____*****_____

Doojoon and Yoseop slowed down once they reach a part of the tunnel that was brighter than ever. They squints their eyes and walked slowly towards the light, panting really hard, chest almost burst from tiredness.

“Have we reached the end of the tunnel?” Yoseop asked.

“I am not sure, Seop. Let`s check it out together”

Their stepped were so careful as if they walked on thin layer of ice or glass. And it didn`t take long for them to freeze as the wind blew on their faces. Both Doojoon and Yoseop`s mouth gape real big as the first thing they saw once they reach the end of the tunnel, was a very beautiful scenery of the lake.

Yoseop pulled his hand out of Doojoon`s grasp and stepped on the fluffy green grass slowly, very slowly. He continued to walk forward, never looking back and once he reach right beside the lake, he smiled, the brightest one he had ever did, “Doojoon-ah… we are free…” He declared.

Doojoon blinked, shutting his lips and looking at his lover really bright expression, he can`t helped it but to run towards the other and pulled him into a very, very tight hug, “We are free, Yoseop-ah…” He whispered, “We made it…”

Yoseop chuckled, “It is so beautiful” He looked around them. The scenery of the lake was sparkling, with big trees and soft grass around them. He didn`t even think about the tunnel anymore. The tunnel was very long, connected to the tall wall that he knew, the inside had been his home for a very long time. “Why are they imprisoned us in that wall… the outside world are so beautiful…”

Doojoon released Yoseop and looked around too. No wonder Jiyong said that the soldiers will not think that they went this way, because the outside was surrounded by a huge puddle of water, the lake. There is no other way to get out here from this side other than building something and let the stream of the lake guide you.

“This is not the time to think about that. Let`s focus on our real mission first”

“Let`s get out of here for good” Yoseop said, nodding.

“Yeah… let`s do it”

“And… you`re build the raft. I win the race just now…” He smirked.

The Captain clicked his tongue, “Fine… then you navigates it later…”

“Deal…” They seal their agreement with another bright smile.