You left them?!

Line

"We are they?" Yoseop asked, cranking his neck to see a bit further. "I don`t see anyone here, Doojoon"

Doojoon grunt while shoving the paddle in his hand away from them. He jump from their raft as they reach the shallow part of the lake and continued to pull the raft, with Yoseop still on it, until it hover the land slightly. 

"They are supposed to be here already. Don`t tell me they got lost" Yoseop clicked his tongue. 

"They will be here in a second. Just let me take a rest. I am dead tired" Doojoon said, his legs gave up and he sprawled on the grass, hands and legs apart, like a starfish. He closed his eyes and felt the slightly bumped on his sight as Yoseop sat beside him. 

"I thought you said that you are no ordinary man. The Captain of the Elite Squad can`t be this weak"

"Who said I am weak. I am just... recharging my energy that has been depleted because a certain sombody won`t help me paddle at all"

Yoseop scoffed, "Yeah...? Well, I thought we made an agreement that you paddle and I navigate"

"Well, you can still help ac-" His words were cut with a pair of lips. As the kiss, that last for a mere 8 seconds, over, he opened his eyes to see a smirking cute boy hovered over him. "That`s cheating"

"Well... you like it though. Then, it can be consider a silencer" Yoseop chuckled. 

Doojoon sat up, pulling the boy roughly and smashed his lips against the other`s. Making sure that it is a toe-curling-kiss, he pulled away. "That is the type of kiss that I want"

"There is no next time, Yoon Doojoon" Yoseop pushed him away and stood up. 

"I just have to say things you hate then and won`t stop until you kiss me" He grinned really wide. 

The other man just stick his tongue out and continue to look out for the other 4. "It is possible that we went the wrong way? I mean they were supposed to be here before us, right. What if they really got lost or they just wait at the other side of the lake"

"Calm down. They knew where they were supposed to go. There are 3 Elite Squad members in that group. They will be fine. Just trust me"

The both of them wait for more than 2 hours, standing up, sitting down, playing with the grass, pinching each other, playing with the water in the lake, throwing stones and finally taking a nap under a  tree and it was then when they heard someone called out their names. 

Yoseop was laying down with his head on Doojoon`s right arm and Doojoon drapped his right hand on his boyfrien`s waist. Their eyes snapped opened as the heard a faint on Kikwang and Dongwoon`s voice. Doojoon and Yoseop jolted up and it only takes a second for them to wake up fully. 

"You heard that, right?" Doojoon asked.

"Yeah" He answered, looking around.

"There they are"

_____*****_____

Yoseop and Doojoon jogged until they reach where Kikwang and Dongwoon were at. Kikwang, seeing his best friend right in front of him, run towards him and crushed him in a hug.

Yoseop almost topple to his back if not because of Doojoon. "Hey Kikwang... nice to meet you again" He said, jokingly. "There is no need to cry so much"

"Yoseop-ah..."

The said man senses something`s wrong and so his slowly pushed the man in his embrace away from him and looked at the man right in his shallow eyes, "Kikwang... what`s wrong?"

Doojoon frowned and he looked at both Dongwoon and Kikwang. Seeing how gloomy the soldiers are, he realized that he and Yoseop missed something. And he knew what it is, "Where are Jun and Seung?"

The both of them, Kikwang and Dongwoon stayed silent, making Yoseop and Doojoon anxious. 

"They are still in the back? Why have you guys been seperated? The soldiers caught up or something?" Yoseop asked, trying not to make any bad assumption even when he knew it is going to be bad.

"There is nothing that we can do about it" Dongwoon speaks up first. "I swear hyung..." He looked at Yoseop, "I swear that it is not what we wanted to do at all" 

"About what exactly are you talking about?" Doojoon asked.

Kikwang swallowed his spit, "Something had happened and there is nothing we can do ab-"

Yoseop started to be annoyed by then both of them, "Just tell me what had happened. I Is it what I think had happened or they will come here in another second?"

"There was a trap and it blew Seung`s legs off. Jun asked us to leave them there" Kikwang blurted out while crying and starting to sob really hard, "We didn`t not mean  to leave them at all but then Jun forced us to, saying that they will cover for us"

Doojoon and Yoseop stayed silent for a mere moment. All four of them, in fact, didn`t say anything at the current moment. Kikwang sniffed and he sat down on the grass, bracing himself for whatever the other two soldiers would want to do.

"So... you guys left them there?" Doojoon asked, slightly whispering as if he was afraid anyone else would hear him. "You... left them... there... Kikwang?"

"Captain Yoon-" Dongwoon want to interrupt but shut his mouth when Doojoon gave him a fierce glare. 

Kikwang shook his head, "I swear, Doojoon-ah. I swear it is not what I want to do. I tried to talk them out of the plan but they won`t listen. Seung`s legs... I can even see any leg, it blew off and he was a bleeding mess and Jun... he won`t left Seung there"

"Of course he won`t leave Seung there" Doojoon roared like an angry lion he is. 

Yoseop placed both his palm on Doojoon`s chest, preventing the man from hurting his poor friend, "That`s enough, Doojoon. We had enough troubles now" He said, slightly shoving the man away.

"Hyung..." Dongwoon called out to Yoseop, "I don`t know what to do at that moment other than followed what Commander would want. I`m sorry"

Yoseop exhaled slowly, calming himself down, "It`s is fine, Woonie. None of us would know what to exactly do at that particular moment. You did a good job making sure you get out unharm by the way.

Doojoon walked away from them for about 20 meters before all of them heard him shouting nonsense, getting angry at himself and blaming the whole world.

"Tell me guys..." Yoseop said, "The explosion that  I heard before, is it their doing or someone else?"

KIkwang slowly shook his head, "I am not sure but there is a high chance that it is their doing. They told us that they want to do something to create a diversion some sort"

"But there is no way they could have that much explosive. They didn`t carry anything back then, right?" Yoseop asked.

Kikwang gave a thinking look. He looked at Dongwoon who also gave out the same expression, "I am not sure... I think you are right"

"I mean... that explosion can actually blow up one Line. How did they get that much explosion?" Yoseop asked more. 

"It didn`t change the fact that they left Jun and Seung" Doojoon popped up suddenly behind Yoseop.

Yoseop rolled his eyes and elbowed the man stomach, "This would never happen in the first place if you didn`t make the plan to save me, Yoon Doojoon"

Doojoon raised his eyebrows, "What...? You`re siding with them now? They left-"

"I know..." Yoseop cut in, "That can never be their fault. You knew Junhyung, right? You knew he would be the Commander to the very last no matter what right? Just stop it and let`s figure this out together"

Doojoon huffed his breath and walked away once again, "Right... let`s just forget that Jun and Seung might be dead already and let`s figure whatever out together" He said, talking nonsense again.

"Doojoon-" Yoseop would want to talk some sense into the stupid, childish Captain but then Kikwang hold his arm, "Let me talk to him" He said. 

_____*****_____

"Hyung..."

Yoseop looked up at the youngest among them and gestured him to take a sit. He was watching Kikwang trying to talk to Doojoon and clearly the man refuses. 

Dongwoon slowly sat on the grass and curled up into a ball, "I honestly scared at that time, hyung. I don`t know what to do but I want to protect Kiki no matter what. Kiki didn`t want to leave them. I don`t want to but I want to live. I don`t want to die yet, hyung..."

"It is okay, Dongwoon-ah. I would not know what to do too if I were you. It is a very confusing decision to make. None of this should have happened actually"

"I think Captain Yoon will never forgive me for this. I mean... I am the one who pull Kiki away from them and just went for the end of the tunnel but I just-"

"You don`t have to be worried about that. Doojoon... he is a wise man. He was just upset and sad just now. I am sure Kikwang will talk into him. I mean... we are talking about Junhyung and Hyunseung... they are his best buddy"

"You should see their condition before, hyung. There was blood everywhere. If I am not from Line7, I would have puke all my guts out. Vice-Captain was bleeding really bad"

Yoseop closed his eyes for a moment, before reopen them and sighed really deep, "It was clever of the soldier. They set traps long before anyone could turn their back on them. They were being careful, we were just too careless"

Dongwoon sighed, "But... I have been thinking about what you said, hyung. And I agree that there is no way they can make an explosion that big"

"That`s why... we have to always think positive. Just think of them as MIA at the moment until pronouce KIA by us... ourselves" Yoseop said, looking at his brother with a faint smile.

_____*****_____

"Doo..."

"I don`t want to talk to you right now Kikwang"

"You can`t do this to me. I already felt like dying now"

"Oh yeah...?" Doojoon looked at at his friend, "That`s how I am suppose to feel and not you"

"They are my friend too. Not only your friend and leaving them there is the hardest decision I have ever made in my entire life. Don`t treat me like I want to kill them in the first place"

"Maybe then you should consider not leaving them there"

Kikwang gritted his teeth, "God damn it, Yoon Doojoon. You should have seen how bad Seung`s condition was. There is no way he could walk out of there alive. He has no legs anymore"

Doojoon raised his eyebrows, "I could have pick him up and even dragged him out if that will make him get out of there. But you just give up and left him there... with Jun..."

"Don`t ever say that I gave up. I never did. Dongwoon and I tried our best to talk them out into reality but they won`t listen to us. They have made their mind up and that`s it, they will never listen to anyone else"

"They... Jun and Seung are our friends, Lee Kikwang. We been together for God knows how long. We gone through many things together, many challenges, many obstacles and so... It is not that simple to make a big decision like that. I would have die with them if that`s what they have decided. I would never walk out on them!"

Kikwang burst up and throw a punch at Doojoon`s face. The man stumbled backwards, holding his swollen cheek and bleeding lips, "Don`t you dare, Yoon Doojoon. Don`t you dare said that I walked out on them. Both of them are my friends too and I can never imagine my life without them. Just like I can never imagine my life without you... Dongwoon or Yoseop"

Doojoon stayed silent and he slowly take a seat. Wincing as he wiped the corner of his lips, he huffed his breath, fighting the tears that threatening to fall, 

"Please, Doo... Don`t do this to me. I felt guilty enough and I need your support, my friend`s support. I can`t do this alone only with Dongwoon" Kikwang pleads. He wiped his tears and sat beside Doojoon. "I am sorry... I am sorry for not being strong enough... I am sorry for being a coward and-"

"Stop with that sorry" Doojoon murmured, "I was angry just now... not suppose to be mad at you" 

Kikwang scoffed, "I am angry at myself too... I know I should not do this but I just-"

"It`s fine..." Doojoon cut in, "We should never expected the escape to be this easy. The soldiers are not stupid to just left the tunnel unguarded... I just hope that the explosion is not cause by them. I just hope that they are still alive, somewhere... anywhere..."

"There might be a chance that they are still alive... barely maybe but there is a chance"

Doojoon looked at his friend, "I am listening..."

"They could never cause that big explosive. We didn`t carry any explosive materials and that just now... caused by something as big as could blew up an entire Line"

Doojoon thinks for a while and he finally cracked a small smile, "Yeah... they are still alive... I can tell..."

"Don`t get your hopes too high up that theories. I don`t want to face your wrath again"

The Captain raised his eyebrows again, "You sure knows how to punch even being the bottom..."

Kikwang chuckled, shoving the man away, "I hate you!"