Leaving Me

Remember Me

The day after Kiwon had been born finally came; Siwon had spent the night in the hospital. He kept his son in his arms the whole night as the baby slept. Siwon heard the door open, it was his friends.

“Hey, Wonnie how’s the cutie?” Heechul asked.

“Good, good. What brings you here?” Siwon asked.

“Freeze! We brought a fish that’s going to steal Kiwon!” Heechul said.

“Yeah, yeah.” Siwon said while chuckling.

“Siwon hyung, they’re coming.” Ryeowook said.

“Who are they?” Siwon asked making no eye contact with them.

“His parents,” Eunhyuk answered.

“They should be here in…less than 30 minutes.” Leeteuk said.

The door opened once again. Everyone looked at the new guest. It was the same doctor from yesterday.

“Dr. Jung, what is it?” Hangeng asked curiously.

“I came to see if Mr. Choi would wanted to see his wife?” Dr. Jung said.

“Donghae,” Siwon called out, while the younger male walked towards him. Siwon gave Donghae his son as he walked towards Dr. Jung.

 

 

 

 

The room was all white. It was quiet. The only thing that made noise was the beeping noise that came from a machine. The room was brightened by the window.

A young man sat on a chair beside the bed. There was also another young male, but who was lying on the bed in the room sleeping peacefully and snoring quietly. The man in the chair was holding the right hand of the man who was sleeping.

 

 

 

Siwon leaned his face close to Kibum’s. Siwon’s lips touched Kibum’s. Siwon stayed where he was. He didn’t want to move away. He wanted his lips forever with Kibum’s.

 

 

 

Eyes fluttered and then finally snapped open. His eyes met with eyes that were fully closed. He realized lips were touching his? Someone was kissing him? Who could it possibly be?

The lips were soft…and he enjoyed it? The lips on his tasted…sweet and he could tell, the one kissing him was deepening the kiss. The closed eyes snapped open and met with the young man’s.

 

Siwon sat up and his sad mood turned to nothing but happiness.

“DOCTOR! DOCTOR HE’S UP!” Siwon yelled.

Dr. Jung arrived inside of the room with a male and female nurse behind him, “Jaejoong. Take Mr. Choi outside please,” Dr. Jung said as the mal nurse nodded his head and took Siwon by his arm, out of the room.

“Joongie,” Siwon called out to the male nurse, who was his friend.

Jaejoong, the beautiful nurse looked at him, “Yes, Siwon hyung?”

“What do you think…they’ll do?” Siwon asked with a bit of worry in his tone.

“I’m not sure myself. But…please stay out here until the doctor comes out with the news,” Jaejoong said before leaving his friend, not knowing that the latter had nodded to his words.

An hour later, Dr. Jung had come out of the room and walked towards Siwon. Siwon stood up from the chair he sat to wait, when he heard the footsteps belonging to the doctor.

“Can I see him?” Siwon asked, Dr. Jung nodded at his question.

Siwon went towards the door and grasped the doorknob and pushed the door open. He entered the room, where his lover awaited for him.

Kibum looked at Siwon. He seemed scared or freaked out. “Who-who…are you?” Kibum asked.

Siwon froze.

What did his lover just say to him? Who are you?

Your prince, Siwon thought with a piece of happiness from a memory made him smile inside of him, and you’re my Snow White.

Siwon walked towards the bed and then stopped. He had stopped because he had noticed the fear in his lover’s eyes. Was Kibum scared of his own husband? Was he just…in shock, perhaps?

“Who…are you?” Kibum repeated his question.

The door opened, it was Dr. Jung who entered the room.

He smiled brightly, “Oh goodie! You guys are talking. Kibum, may I ask you a few questions?” Kibum nodded his head awkwardly, not understanding what was happening.

Dr. Jung turned to face Siwon and asked, “Mr. Choi, can you wait outside?”

Siwon wanted to yell, “Hell no! He’s my wife! The last time he was left alone, he was brought to the hospital. I’M HIS HUSBAND!” Sadly, Siwon didn’t want to make a scene in front of his confused and lost wife.

But he ended up replying to the doctor by nodding his head and exiting the room with confusion. Was Kibum in shock? Something wasn’t right, and Siwon could tell clearly something was wrong. But what?

 

 

 

Dr. Jung sat down in the chair Siwon had sat on. He looked at Kibum deeply into his eyes. He asked questions and wrote stuff down on a piece of paper with a pen.

“Do you know your name?” Dr. Jung asked.

Kibum’s reply was, “Yes.”

“Say it, please.”

“Kim Kibum.”

“Do you know why you’re here?”

“No,” Kibum answered with a low, but clear tone.

“Do you know that man who was just in here?”

Kibum thought, Why was he here? Shouldn’t Umma, Appa, and Minho hyung be here? Not that…unknown man? He…he was KISSING me???? Do we know each other? Also, his lips…weren’t like Minho hyung’s? Why isn’t my family here?

“N…no,” He had finally answered Dr. Jung’s question.

Dr. Jung wrote the last details down and then stood up and walked away from the seat and looked back at Kibum, “You’ll be able to leave in two days.” Dr. Jung left the room after he was done speaking.

Kibum felt a bit sore. He wondered what had got him in the hospital. Was he hurt? Was the man who kissed him…saved him?

Kibum sighed and leaned back and closed his eyes. He started taking deep breaths to relax himself. Inhaling and exhaling continuously.

 

 

 

An hour later, a couple arrived at the hospital. The man and woman seemed scared and worried. They were in the waiting room. They spotted a doctor and a young man talking. They knew who the young man was.

Choi Siwon.

The couple got out of their seats and walked towards the two men.

 

 

 

“Choi Siwon?” Mrs. Kim said.

The doctor and Siwon looked at the couple in front of them.

They came, Siwon thought.

“Mr. Kim…Mrs. Kim, you’re here?” Siwon said.

“Wait, you’re…Kim Kibum’s parents, right?” Dr. Jung asked the couple.

“Of course we are.” Mr. Kim said.

“What happened, Siwon? Did you cause this???” Mrs. Kim questioned seriously.

“Since the parents are here and the husband—” Mr. Kim cute off Dr. Jung.

“HUSBAND?!? You two got married?” Mr. Kim said in shock.

Mrs. Kim snorted and spoke bitterly, “Look where he is now and he’s married to you.”

“May I explain what happened?” Dr. Jung asked, receiving nods from the three.

Dr. Jung led the three into a room with x-rays were posted on a wall. It was an x-ray of a brain. Dr. Jung pointed at where a specific part of the brain, “You see, Kibum was in a car accident. Somehow, his head was hit. Now, when I was asking him questions, for one, he didn’t know why he was in the hospital. He was luckily awake to deliver the baby.” Dr. Jung explained.

Mr. and Mrs. Kim looked at Siwon in shock. That was another thing they didn’t know. They had a grandchild that was on the way.

“Baby? He got married to the wrong man and had a baby with him?” Mrs. Kim said rudely.

“Wrong man?” Siwon questioned.

“It had to be you, Choi? Weren’t you with that…Kim Hyuna?” Mr. Kim asked.

“Never was.”

“Then why did Kibum break up with you, eh?” Mrs. Kim questioned.

“Okay, okay, let’s please not get into all of this. Right now, we’re talking about NOW, not a long time ago.” Dr. Jung said, breaking up the couple and Siwon. The three faced him.

“Good. Now, Kibum doesn’t know he had a baby. Now, what seems to be the problem with that is…the last thing Kibum was thinking of, is what he doesn’t remember. Now luckily and hopefully he’ll remember sooner or later. But that’s one thing that can happen. He can remember whenever; an hour later, days later, months later, or even years later. But that’s something we won’t know,” Dr. Jung explained.

“Do you know what he remembers?” Mrs. Kim asked.

“He remembers his name, who are his parents, how old he is, and where he is.” Dr. Jung answered.

“We’ll know what he doesn’t when we ask, right?” Siwon asked.

“Yes, but I’ll remind you, if he doesn’t remember at first, don’t pressure it.” Dr. Jung informed them.

“Thank you, can we go see him?” Mrs. Kim asked. Dr. Jung nodded.

Mr. and Mrs. Kim and Siwon entered Kibum’s room. Kibum smiled when he spotted his parents. Siwon smiled too; seeing his love smile made him too. He knew the smile wasn’t for him, but for people Siwon and Kibum hated.

“Appa, Umma…you’re here?” Kibum asked.

“Of course we’d be here dear. How are you?” Mrs. Kim said.

“A little sore, but fine I guess. Where’s Minho-hyung?” Kibum responded to his Mother.

“He left to America not too long ago,” Mr. Kim answered for his wife.

“Who is he?” Kibum asked, eyeing Siwon.

Mr. and Mrs. Kim glanced at Siwon, but Mrs. Kim immediately turned back to her son with a smirk.

“He’s a friend of yours,” Mrs. Kim answered her son.

“Which one??? I have many,” Kibum said while letting out a chuckle.

“Choi Siwon.” Siwon said smiling widely, showing his dimples. Kibum smiled brightly.

“We heard that you get to leave in two days,” Mr. Kim said.

“Good, I’d like to see all of my friends soon.” Kibum said.

“We can bring them in, if you want?” Siwon asked.

Kibum turned to directly look at him with a real and brighter smile while his parents hid their anger with fake smiles.

“I’d…like that, please.” Kibum said.

What beautiful connection I feel between us right now, Siwon thought.

“Of course,” Siwon said, leaving the room.

“We’ll be back darling.” Mrs. Kim said, while Kibum nodded. His parents left him.

Mr. Kim grabbed Siwon’s wrist and pulled him into the hallway harshly. Siwon was indeed startled that he was pulled away like that. But he wasn’t surprised when he saw Kibum’s parents in front of him.

“What do you want?” Siwon asked.

“We want to talk to you.” Mrs. Kim answered his question.

The three sat down in the waiting room to have a better chance of talking. Luckily, no one was eavesdropping or could possibly hear them, hopefully.

“Once again, what is it?” Siwon asked in frustration and annoyance.

“We want to make this clear to you, Choi. Our son doesn’t remember the thing he gave birth to.” Mrs. Kim said.

Siwon looked into Mrs. Kim’s eyes in rage, “Never. Call. Our. Child. A THING. That child of course is the best that ever happened to us. Hate your grandson, for all I care, hate me too. But don’t EVER insult him.” He gritted his teeth while speaking to show his anger.

“You can’t tell us what to do. Kibum won’t stop us. He doesn’t even know that he exists.” Mrs. Kim said.

“You’re not going to tell your son that he is married and has a child???” Siwon questioned.

“We will,” Mrs. Kim said.

Siwon sighed in relief, but Mr. Kim finished his wife’s sentence, “When it’s time.”

“Will you really?” Siwon asked, with doubts in his head. They hated him and Kiwon, they couldn’t possibly want to tell Kibum. They couldn’t want that. That would be impossible. They insulted their grandchild.

“We aren’t that low,” Mr. Kim said. Siwon couldn’t do much but just nod.

“We’re taking him with us.” Mrs. Kim said.

“From everyone he loves? From his real home?” Siwon asked.

“He’s coming home. If he wants to see his friends, he can. If he wants to even see you, we’ll let him.” Mr. Kim said.

Siwon stood up from his seat and walked away. He walked into the men’s room and leaned on the wall, crying.

His lover is now his friend?

Kiwon’s Mother is now a stranger?

The times with Kibum were now nothing?

Kissing Kibum, hugging Kibum, holding hands with Kibum, hanging out with Kibum, comforting Kibum, being happy with Kibum and making love to Kibum…was nothing?

Now, because of Kibum’s accident, he’s losing him.

Kiwon’s Umma.

Siwon’s wife.

Gone