Letting Go

Remember Me

Kibum woke up once he felt the warmth of the sun hitting his skin. The sunlight reflected because of the window. He woke up to grab his clothes, wash his face and brush his teeth, and then take a quick shower. After showering and getting dressed, he went downstairs.

He was greeted by two maids. He heard voices coming from the dining room. He looked at his right hand; a ring had been placed on his ring finger. It didn’t feel right. He remembered that…there was possibly another ring on his finger? A ring…but not this one.

He never noticed it, but he noticed the feeling. It seemed as if someone had taken it away from him. But who? Who’d take off something that seemed precious to him away?

He brushed off the feeling and entered the dining room. His parents, his so called in-laws, and Minho. All of their eyes met Kibum, which made him feel uneasy. He hated that feeling, he always got shy.

He knew exactly why they were all looking at him. He wasn’t surprised. Everyone in the room or home, were just people, but the thing that made Kibum ache and angry…was that he was a bride.

Siwon had gotten up early. He had just put Kiwon down for a nap. He surprisingly heard the door open, but he knew it had to have been his friends since they were the only ones that had the key to his home.

He exited out of Kiwon’s room and looked directly at the door to see which friends it was. It Yewook and Eunhae. Yesung and Ryeowook looked okay, while Donghae looked happy and Eunhyuk looked sick.

“What’s wrong with them?” Siwon asked the Yewook couple.

“Eunhyuk is sick or something and,” Yesung began and paused, allowing his lover to finish his sentence.

“Donghae believes that Eunhyuk is pregnant.” Ryeowook finished off.

“Is he or just sick?” Siwon asked in curiosity.

“Honestly, we don’t know.” Ryeowook replied.

Donghae ran towards them and placed an arm around Siwon’s and Yesung’s shoulder and exclaimed, “I’m going to be an appa!”

“Hae I told you…I’m sick.” Eunhyuk said weakly.

“Morning sickness is what they call it, love!” Donghae said.

“Ugh,” Eunhyuk groaned and placed a hand on his forehead. His lover was insane.

“So…how was the one day trip to France?” Siwon asked the couple. He found it ridiculous how the couple left a day before and they were already back. What a small trip?

“It wasn’t a big wedding. There were like fifteen people or less.” Donghae replied.

Eunhyuk gagged and covered his mouth and ran into the bathroom.

“I’ll go…check on him.” Ryeowook said, leaving the others that were in confusion besides Donghae.

“That’s our baby!” Donghae said, sniffling because of the fake tears.

“How are you so sure? It can possibly be the flu?” Yesung said.

Donghae shot a deadly glare at Yesung and gritted his teeth, “Don’t. Say. Our baby. Isn’t. Real.”

Ryeowook came out of the bathroom with a pale faced Eunhyuk and said, “We’re going to the hospital right now.”

“I want to see our baby too!” Donghae shouted out in joy.

“You driving?” Ryeowook asked. It wasn’t long before Donghae smiled and took Ryeowook and his lover out of the apartment. Being the only ones there, Yesung and Siwon exchanged glances.

“Man, he,” Yesung paused.

“Really wants a baby.” Siwon finished his friend’s sentence.

“You think Eunhyuk is really pregnant? Or…it’s disappointment for the fish?” Yesung asked.

“My opinion, I honestly think he could possibly be pregnant.” Siwon said nervously.

“Really, why?” Yesung asked.

“It’d be sad to think that it isn’t true. Having a child is a blessing, not a nightmare. Anyways, we won’t know until they come back.” Siwon said with a smile.

“Have you heard from Bummie, and see you know…what he’s up to?” Yesung asked, watching the latter get some coffee.

Silence was all that was brought into the room after Yesung’s words. By his own words he’d know it would turn out awkward. His words were awkward by these reasons:

One, it was about Kibum.

Two, Siwon couldn’t exactly hang around Kibum much.

And lastly, three, Siwon didn’t or likely wouldn’t answer quickly or at first.

“So…how are you doing?” Yesung avoided the topic, breaking the silence.

“Its fine, Yesung. I can tell you, we’re…far from each other, really far.” Siwon said.

“Of course, he probably lives super far!” Yesung said, trying to make it sound obvious, but his intentions were to lighten up the mood. It still seemed a bit awkward.

“Not that,” Siwon said, excusing himself for a moment. When he came back, he had Kiwon with him. “He’s with another man.” He finally blurted out.

He set the boy down to play with the nearest toys surrounding him; a bunny, fish, and monkey.

“Another man????!!!!???? Siwon you need to tell him! Do something! No one can live like that!!!!” Yesung shouted.

Siwon sighed and turned to look at Kiwon and spoke gently, “I love Kibum and Kiwon. I’d do anything just to protect them. Anyways, it’d be a mess if I told him. Yesung, he could’ve remembered something. I want him to remember it all. That’s the first step.

If that doesn't work, we’ll have to go to step two…tell him. He’d be so confused, he probably wouldn’t believe me. I love him. I want to be there for him. But right now, it’s not the time.” Siwon sad while continuing to look at his son, Yesung agreed by nodding.

 

In the meantime, Kibum was with Mrs. Lee and his umma at a tuxes store. Kibum had tried on many different white tuxedos. He found the styles interesting and likable, but finding a tux didn’t seem right or even just trying them on.

It’s as if he never wore a tux before, even though he knew he has sometime in his life, but for this occasion, it was just a huge mess. And the whole problem was how wearing a white tux didn’t feel right. As he continued trying them on, his Mother and Mrs. Lee squealed continuously.

Kibum got annoyed and wanted to stop with the whole “dress up.” As he examined himself in the mirror for the 100th time, his Mom and Mrs. Lee looked in amazement and awe, again.

“Eomma, Mrs. Lee, I think this is enough, don’t you think?” Kibum asked.

“Oh dear, you’re right! We should start with the other stuff!” Mrs. Kim exclaimed in joy.

“Ooooh! We should start getting more stuff done today,” Mrs. Lee agreed.

The two ahjummas paid for the tux, while Kibum avoided everything. They left the tux store and ended up going to many other fancy places. In the end, they went to shop for the flowers.

Mrs. Kim and Mrs. Lee were with a woman with a binder. They were examining some flowers while Kibum wandered off in the store, away from the rich women and flower lady.

White roses caught his eyes. He smiled as he touched the smooth, delicate, white petals. He took one and examined it with a smile.

The roses had him remembering when he had woken up after the first accident in the hospital. He found a bouquet of white roses with all the other flowers everyone had sent him.

Since there was no note, he had no idea who had brought them. He had believed it was Minho, but he couldn’t picture the male doing that. Not even his friends, he could see. The roses stood out because they were the only different ones. All of the others were colorful.

Must’ve been someone…close and special, someone who knew him better than his friends, parents, and Minho. But why not Minho? The man was his boyfriend?

Kibum noticed his Mother paying for tulips. Ugh. He’d walk down the aisle with tulips, oh well.

He put down a rose and walked away, taking one last glance of the beautiful white roses. Afterwards, the ahjummas took Kibum to a fancy big restaurant.

Mrs. Kim eyed something and gave an angry look. She then stood up and smiled at Mrs. Lee and Kibum. “Kibum dear, Mrs. Lee, I’m sorry but I’ll have to excuse myself. Please, arrive home safely.” Mrs. Kim said, smiling sweetly, hiding how she really felt.

“Ne eomma, joshim.” Kibum replied while nodding. Mrs. Kim had left the restaurant finally.

 

Siwon was standing in front of a store; ahead of him was a fancy restaurant. He noticed his lovely wife, Kibum’s Mother, and another woman.

Now, Mrs. Kim was walking towards him. He groaned and faced her. She had slapped him in the face.

“What are you doing?! Spying on Kibum? Don’t tell me that you do this??!!! And that you’ll continue on!” Mrs. Kim said with anger.

“I wanted to check on him.” Siwon replied.

“Who gave you permission to do so? Did I say you can see him? Did my husband say so?” Mrs. Kim asked.

“Permission? From you? Or your husband? He’s my wife. I don’t need permission.” Siwon said.

“Want him to think you’re some kind of stalker? If you really love him, why not leave?” Mrs. Kim asked seriously.

“What?” Siwon asked with confusion.

“You love him. You’ve seen how happy, he is with Minho. Have you not seen that he is happy with him? He’s happy. To live happily?” Mrs. Kim said. Siwon froze of the whole thought.

“I mean, don’t tell me that you don’t want him you be happy? He’s happy with Minho. You want him happy, and now he is. Let him go.”

Siwon still couldn’t believe her words.

Letting Kibum go.

Letting his love go.

Letting his wife marry someone else.

Letting his child live motherless.

Someone kill me now, Siwon thought.