Why Do I Know NOW?

Remember Me

It was another beautiful day—a wedding day took place today; the 10th of February. Sadly, people were exiting the plaza, but why? A beautiful wedding was taking place and it seems that someone had ruined it.

Choi Siwon.

But did he have a good reason to ruin this beautiful fake day? Yes. Getting what belonged to him back was worth ruining the fake wedding.

Sibum’s friends were outside of a room where the couple, Minho and his parents, and Kibum’s parents were inside. Everyone was pretty confused and surprised while many others weren’t.

Yunho and Kangin were arguing while Heechul drank and drank continuously while Jaejoong sat with a smirk on his face—he knew he was right.

“Can you believe that!? Kibum was about to say, ‘I do’ until SLAM! Siwon arrived.” Yunho exclaimed.

Heechul drank one shot before speaking, “Hey, it was a pretty good show if you ask me. I’d rate it five stars. Trust me, the drama happening in the other room you must rate five stars!”

Yesung stood, “Can you really believe it? Total sh*t was going on! I didn’t expect him to come.”

We didn’t expect him to come. But did we really think this day would end with Kibum with a new last name and his parents as a happy as a child getting candy?” Jaejoong said.

“Jae is right. Something was going to happen—like it or not. Something or someone was going to ruin this charade obviously.” Kangin said taking a seat next to Leeteuk.

“Yeah, Siwon was going to make sure that Kiwon would get his Eomma back!” Ryeowook cheered cutely.

“Let’s all hope no one is hurt by the end of the day.” Leeteuk said.

“You think Siwon is going to be punched or something? Or some fight will start?” Kyuhyun asked with a small hint of worry for his hyung.

“Maybe Minho or Siwon will start—Minho might leave since Bummie doesn’t love him. Let’s hope Siwon doesn’t get hurt—he’s been put through too much already.” Kangin said.

 

Kibum was sitting down on a white couch beside Minho. Siwon was sitting down on a chair that was away from the couch. The Lee’s were sitting down on chairs; Mrs. Lee was crying while her husband was trying to calm her down. Mr. and Mrs. Kim were standing; talking and discussing matters with Kibum.

“Saying ‘I don’t love him,’ right after about to say ‘I do’??!!! Bummie this wedding has been ruined by him!” Mrs. Kim said and pointed at the young and handsome man sitting down in a chair.

Kibum stood up, “No it’s not his fault. Because of him…I’ve admitted and now know,” he paused and turned to Minho. “That I don’t and will never love you the way I once did.”

Minho stood up from the couch and walked towards the door to open it and slam it—storming out. His parents followed out. The “would’ve” been bride couldn’t help but feel guilty, but at the same time not guilty.

 

 

“Hey, if you ask me,” Yesung said and added, “are they going to continue?”

Heechul chuckled bitterly, “Babo! Have you not seen everything? Are you blind or deaf? People are leaving…it’s kind of sad. So much money,” He paused to take a sip of wine, “is all going down the drain.”

“True, why continue with something unreal? It’s hopeless to continue. Kibum made his decision. He’s not getting married. Good for him, Siwon, and also for Kiwonnie.” He paused to take a breath, “sadly for Mr. and Mrs. Kim…now all of what they worked for is going down the drain.” Jaejoong explained, completing his explanation.

“Well, if everybody’s going adios! We should leave too.” Henry said.

“What about Bummie and Wonnie?” Ryeowook asked innocently.

Yesung grabbed his lover’s hand, “They’ll be okay, love.”

“Why not grab a few drinks from a bar?” Kangin asked, smiling nervously. Everyone’s attention went to Heechul who slammed something on the table.

The wine glass that was in Heechul’s hand was now in pieces on top of the table, “Yes! Some shots wouldn’t be bad.” Everyone but Heechul rolled their eyes because of the diva.

They all walked out, but since Ryeowook had a sweet heart, he left a note for Siwon and Kibum and then left with the others. They all went out to drink except for Eunhae since Eunhyuk was pregnant and of course, Donghae wouldn’t allow him to enter anywhere or any place having to do with alcohol.

 

 

Since the Lee family was gone, and so were the Kims, plus Siwon, the plaza was now being filled with other occasions. Kibum had ridden with his parents back to their home.

Knowing he had to talk with the young man, Kibum had texted Siwon to come. He knew his parents were angry at the man, but Kibum felt like if he talked with Siwon…he’d be better. He had decided to wait outside for the young handsome man since he knew his parents wouldn’t greet him nicely if they saw him.

Once he had arrived, the two smiled at each other and greeted each other and went inside. Kibum had regretfully left Siwon with his parents since he had to get out of his “wedding clothes.” He couldn’t deal with anything to have to do with the wedding, which is why he dashed up the stairs to get dressed out of the tux.

 

Again, here he was. Sitting down in front of the people he despised. They didn’t like him; he could care less for them as well. They hated him. They hated heir grandchild. He had every reason to resent them.

“Here you are again, Choi.” Mrs. Kim said, “Was exactly like the first time, just that time you were weak.” Mr. Kim added to his words.

“Weak? You call me weak? What I did back there was—” He cut off.

“STUPID! How dare you crash this beautiful moment? Do you know you embarrassed not only Kibum, but the entire KIM FAMILY??!!!! As well as the Lee family! I don’t know how your parents have a son like you; disgraceful, selfish, an embarrassment!” Mrs. Kim said.

Siwon looked at both of them directly, “Maybe I’m all of that, but I’m not the only selfish one. I was getting my wife back. If anything you two are the selfish ones.” They didn’t notice.

“Selfish? Us? And why is that, Choi?” Mr. Kim asked.

“Having your son marry someone you wanted him to marry. Marry someone he doesn’t even love!” They didn’t notice.

“How would you know Kibum didn’t love Minho? Did you spy on them?” Mrs. Kim asked.

“I know. Who did he date? Who was he with long? Who did he actually marry?”

“Our son didn’t know what he wanted,” Mr. Kim said.

“Oh really? He seemed sure when he said, ‘I do,” and kissed me back.” They didn’t notice.

“Wo cheated on him? Who caused that pain? Who took a knife and stabbed his heart more than a hundred times?! Who let that happen?” Mrs. Kim asked.

“Funny, all your beliefs went into that sentence of yours. I am Kibum’s husband.” They didn’t notice.

“I am his lover.” No one noticed.

“I am his protector.” No one knew.

“I am the one he wanted.” They didn’t know.

“I am…the father to our child.” They didn’t notice.

 

His eyes widened. He knew. He now knew. He now believed. How it shocked him that…it was all true. He at least knew the truth. His hand gripped tighter on the stair rail. No one knew he was listening. That he was there. No one noticed him.

He walked slowly downstairs before he knew; he was at the door ay already. “What?” He now had everyone’s attention. He was in shock as well. He wanted to know everything. He wanted to know…how he was married to Siwon.

“Ki-Kibum…” Mrs. Kim stuttered.

“What…why didn’t you tell me? Eomma, Appa…if I was married already…and I had a c-child and you let me marry Minho…why did you do that? It doesn’t just hurt or affect me…it also does for Siwon and…our child. Why would you do that to me? Your son-in-law? And your grandchild?” Kibum asked, he received no answer from his parents.

“Why did you want to marry Minho if I was already married?” Kibum asked with disbelief in his voice.

“Dear, you had someone perfect enough to marry until…he came back telling you things you wanted—” Mrs. Kim was cut off.

“Telling him the truth—telling him what really happened.” Siwon said.

“If anything you must not like Siwon, do you?” Kibum asked his parents, this time really wanting the answer.

“He was the wrong choice—someone who was better known as a friend than ever a lover.” Mr. Kim said.

“Well he isn’t, is he? No, he isn’t. He’s more than a friend. You didn’t even like him being friends with me, did you?” Kibum asked with a tone of anger in his voice.

“Kibum ah—”

“No! Siwon is not just a friend. He’s more than that. And somehow…I didn’t know or remembered that…I don’t know why or how I didn’t know all of this. While I didn’t know, you told me things that weren’t true. Siwon was a friend, and Minho was my lover? Now I know the truth and I’m going to live with the truth!” Kibum said. He grabbed Siwon’s wrist and led him outside of the house.

 

 

He’d be lying to himself if he said he now knew the truth. Because for one thing, he didn’t know why or how he doesn’t remember being with Siwon or having a child. Maybe that’s why there was a huge gap in his memory?

Here they were, the two young men sitting down on a bench at a park. A wave of silence was between the two.

“I’m sorry,” Siwon said.

“For what?” Kibum asked.

“For not telling you the truth. You the right to know—know you have a child, you’re married, and also…why you were in the hospital.” Siwon said.

“Why didn’t you tell me?” Kibum asked.

“I was in shock when I realize you didn’t remember me…really I was, but I didn’t want you confused.” Siwon explained.

“That’s pretty understanding, it just bothers me that I know now. This time, especially the time I was going to marry Minho. The time when I was about to say, ‘I do.’ Why do I know now?” Kibum said.

Siwon smiled knowing the answer. He knew it like the back of his hand. He knew exactly why. He didn’t need to think. He knew—no thoughts.

“Because I wasn’t going to give my wife away.”