Not Right

Remember Me

Kibum’s parents had gone back to Kibum’s room and told them that they were leaving and would come back in two days. Kibum felt a bit strange that his parents were leaving right after their son had just been in the hospital?

Meanwhile, Siwon had explained everything to his friends. Many were sad and worried about both Siwon and Kibum. They knew that they couldn’t tell Kibum about the marriage or even, about Kiwon. They had placed Kiwon back in the incubator while they left the room to see Kibum.

There were friends beside or at least around Kibum’s bed, except for Siwon. He was watching his wife smile and chat with their good and best friends.

There were a few times when Kibum would look at Siwon, but the older would look away just in time. Then when Kibum wasn’t looking or went back to chatting with their friends, Siwon would stare at him.

It seemed like an awkward situation for them. Their eyes didn’t meet during that time, sadly.

Siwon watched Kibum secretly by the corner of his eyes. And when he didn’t want to get caught, if Kibum looked his way, he’d look away or just look out of the window.

He spotted people driving away or people walking in and out of the building.

Siwon noticed his friends standing up and about to walk away. He hadn’t paid any attention to everyone’s conversation with Kibum (guilt welled up in him for that.)

He stood out, he could tell. Kibum eyed him and didn’t mention his name, but he knew that his own quietness was pretty noticeable. He was also noticeable because he was the only one standing or near the door.

Kangin walked towards Siwon and nudged his arm, “We’re going to stop by to see Kiwon one more time. Donghae can’t wait until you bring him home. Honestly, Eunhae are going to be spending nights at your house.”

Siwon chuckled.

Kangin added, “You’re not alone.” He must’ve noticed the awkwardness.

“Thanks,” Siwon replied.

“Plus, we want you to have a little alone time…with him.” Kangin said while smirking.

Siwon could tell what the latter was thinking. But it wasn’t like that, or at least not anymore. He couldn’t do things he used to do before with Kibum.

He couldn’t talk to his wife like how he used to.

He couldn’t kiss his wife.

He couldn’t hug his wife like he used to.

He couldn’t do any of things without permission or if by everyone’s surprise, Kibum immediately remembered Siwon.

“And do what? Talk?” Siwon said bitterly.

Kangin sighed deeply. He knew this wasn’t going to be easy for his friends. Damn, this wouldn’t be easy for anyone. It was as if Kibum was dead. He wasn’t there anymore. Siwon’s wife wasn’t there anymore. Kiwon’s Umma wasn’t there anymore. But strangely, was still there, alive luckily.

“Not kiss him, hug him, and tell him that our son is born?” Siwon said.

That would be hard, but Kangin had to keep the man’s mind positive and not negative. “Hey, it’s better than nothing. People like Kibum could be dead, not as lucky as he was. People like you are lucky.”

Siwon glanced at Kibum quickly; he was talking to Leeteuk and Ryeowook.

Luckily he didn’t forget about all the important people in his life, Siwon thought with a small smile, It’s just me…and Kiwon.

“I know thanks.” Siwon said, realizing Kangin was right.

Kangin nodded and walked away. Siwon took a deep breath and walked towards Kibum.

“You were very quiet? You okay?” Kibum asked Siwon all of a sudden.

Siwon grinned and sat in the closest chair and looked at his wife. His heart ached, “I want you to talk to your friends. They were really worried about you. Even some that aren’t in Seoul. Like…Changmin, Junsu, Yoochun, and many others too. The others are making calls. They’ll most likely visit you when you’re out of the hospital or maybe by surprise, they’ll be here earlier.” He explained, folding his hands together and placing them on his lap.

“May I ask…why were you the first one in here?” Kibum asked, the question making the older flinch.

What was he supposed to say to that? How was he going to answer that? “I’m your husband and your parents weren’t here. Your friends were with our baby, and your parents took hours to arrive”? No. That would make him sound like a smartass.

He also didn’t want to sound rude and bitter in front of his wife. He loved his wife. It wasn’t Kibum’s fault either.

“I…” Siwon began with no thought. He couldn’t tell Kibum that he was his husband. But he couldn’t keep Kibum hanging with that question with no answer. He had to lie, “You were hurt and I found you…but we are friends.” Siwon said.

“The others weren’t here yet and neither were your parents. So, I asked to come see you.” Siwon explained, adding to his lie, which wasn’t all a lie.

Kibum’s parents were there.

Their friends were somewhere else.

Then again, their friends were here and his parents likely didn’t know about the car accident.

Kibum nodded his head, “Thank you… Wonnie?” Hearing that nickname made Siwon freeze. Memories came back to him.

“Bummie?”

“Yes Wonnie?”

“Why do you like snow so much?”

“I just LOVE it! Chullie also says I’m Snow White too, remember?”

“You’re right…he does.”

“That makes you my Prince Charming!”

“Huh? Prince Charming?”

“Yeah, remember the story? The prince kissed Snow White when she was in deep sleep from the poison apple!”

“You think I’ll kiss you right after you’ve been asleep…and you were asleep because of such a tragedy?”

“Of course! You’re my Wonnie!”

 

“Hello…Wonnie?” Kibum said, putting his hand in front of Siwon’s face to get his attention.

When Siwon heard his name, he snapped out of the memory immediately and faced the younger.

“Huh? Oh sorry!”

“Do you not like the nickname? I understand if it seems a bit…uncomfortable.” Kibum said, frowning.

“Huh? Oh no! That’s…what you’ve always called me, actually.” Siwon said, not lying. Even before that memory, which was long after they met, Kibum started calling him that.

“Really? How long have we known each other?” Kibum asked.

Siwon chuckled, “For a pretty long time.” Kibum nodded. Siwon changed the subject, “You should get some rest. You were hurt…pretty badly.”

As Kibum nodded once again, Siwon stood from the chair he was sitting in.

“Goodbye, Wonnie.”

Siwon smiled and nodded and waved as he exited the room, he didn’t leave yet. He leaned against the door he had just closed and whispered quietly, “Goodbye…my love.”

 

 

 

 

The next day, a young man had driven to the hospital with two other young men with him. Two of them went in the hospital, while one waiting in the car. When the two men came out, one was holding a baby and the other one was walking behind, smiling and making silly faces at the baby.

As Eunhyuk drove his car towards Sibum’s apartment, Sungmin was sitting in the passenger seat (up front with Eunhyuk), they had just picked him up from his job that was near the hospital. Someone had stolen Sungmin’s car, and Kyuhyun was at work and his phone was off. In the back, was Siwon, Donghae, and baby Kiwon.

Siwon was happy to be able to bring his son, but he never expected to bring his child alone. He wasn’t literally alone, but…he would’ve expected every Father to bring his baby home with his wife.

Once they all had arrived at Sibum’s apartment, Donghae and Sungmin were played with Kiwon as Siwon and Eunhyuk watched.

“Sorry about the whole thing,” Eunhyuk said, referring to Siwon’s situation with Kibum.

“It’s fine, really. But Hyukkie…I’m really worried.”

“About?” Eunhyuk asked, looking directly at his friend.

“Kibum doesn’t know anything about the pregnancy or Kiwon. Nothing. I worry that…he never will.”

“Don’t think that. Maybe not now,” Eunhyuk glared at his cheerful and playful lover and smiled, “But maybe one day.”

Siwon looked at his son and smiled. One day, Kiwon would be with his Umma, Siwon promised.

Eunhae ended up sleeping over, including Yewook, Kangteuk, and Kyumin. Sadly, Siwon had work the next day. Ryeowook, Leeteuk, and Sungmin stayed with Kiwon as the others went to work.

The day after, Siwon had no work, but the couples stayed. Siwon had decided to go to the hospital to see Kibum. While he entered the hospital and Kibum’s room, he held a bouquet of white fresh roses (as white as snow.) Once he entered Kibum’s room, he noticed the boy was sleeping peacefully.

It’s already 11:30 and his parents aren’t even here? Siwon thought.

Siwon set the bouquet on top of the table in the room, with other flowers and gifts that were left by friends.

Somehow, his flowers he brought stood out. The others flowers seemed the same. There were no other flowers that were white. All were colorful and bright.

He smiled as he watched his lover.

Kibum’s his wife.

Kibum’s the mother his child.

Siwon walked towards Kibum, leaned close to his face, and placed a soft sweet kiss on his forehead. He exited the room and the building. While he was heading to his car, a young woman walked in front of him. His widened not only by the sudden surprise, but by who was there.

“Siwon-oppa!” The young woman called out, while Siwon plastered a sarcastic smile.

“Hyuna, what brings you here?” Siwon asked in hurried tone.

“I saw your car and I just came to see you,” Hyuna admitted.

“Well, you found me. You talked to me. That’s more than what you likely expected or said. I even answered you! You should be thrilled!” Siwon exclaimed.

“Oppa! Why are you talking to me like this?”

“Why am I? Wait, why am I even talking to you in the first place?” Siwon said, grasping the handle to the car door.

Hyuna blocked Siwon’s way. He let go of the handle and crossed his arms, “What do you want?” He was pissed now, and irritated.

“I heard that poor Kibum got in a pretty bad accident?”

“Let me guess, you’re to go to his funeral right? Leave me alone Hyuna. Keep your STUPID fantasies to yourself. Dream all you want too. I’ll never be with you.”  Siwon said, pushing Hyuna away and getting into his car.

“I heard he doesn’t remember you!” Hyuna blurted out. Siwon stopped. Was she stalking him now?

The surprise wasn’t just by how she knew, which was creepy. She could’ve possibly disguised herself as a nurse? She could’ve stolen some documents or records about the recent patients who’ve given birth to a baby and in a car accident?

That wasn’t the surprise to him at all.

What surprised him was how he himself hadn’t completely admitted that.

Kibum doesn’t remember him.

His wife doesn’t know who he is.

His soulmate knows nothing about him.

His lover has lost all memories of him.

He never admitted that by speaking it aloud, but even hearing someone say it—anyone, made him freeze and realize…his wife, his lover, his soulmate…doesn’t know who he is.

But that didn’t make him love Kibum any less. Yes, realizing and admitting such things would be painful, and he’d probably want to curse every time he saw people chatting as if they’ve known each other for a long time, and when he talks time he won’t know a thing.

He’s still married.

Kibum is still married.

He has a child.

Kibum has a child.

Siwon can’t love Kibum any less. He’s already promised himself and Kibum that his heart would only have room for one person, and it was all reserved for Kibum only.

Perhaps if he were to ever find someone else, he probably wouldn’t love that person as much as he loved Kibum, never. He might not ever choose someone besides Kibum.

Kibum is his only one.

Kibum is his only love.

“Doesn’t mean I’ll move on and be with you. I love and only love Kibum! No one can stop that feeling I have for him! You, his parents, my parents, our friends, or even himself…can’t stop me from loving him! My feelings will never change! I won’t ever betray Kibum! Leave me alone.” Siwon said determined and sure. He drove away from the parking lot and went home.

He would only love Kibum.

Kibum was his first love, and last.

There’s no one else.

Just Kibum.

 

 

 

 

Kibum was looking out of the window, as drops of water from the sky came landed on the hard glass. He was in the backseat of a black car. He wasn’t driving, but it was a driver who’s worked for Kibum’s parents for a long time, he was known as “Mr. Oh.” His parents were filthy rich, but they had money.

The car finally stopped. Mr. Oh quickly got out and opened the door for Kibum. Kibum was about to get his stuff, when Mr. Oh offered to carry them.

Kibum rejected the offer at first, but Mr. Oh said it was his job and that he felt bad for his injury, and so Kibum ended up letting Mr. Oh carry his stuff.

Kibum entered his so called home. He walked into the living room, finding his parents and a young man, both drinking red wine and chatting freely.

Kibum smiled when he spotted the young man. Once the young man’s and Kibum’s eyes met, the man stood up and walked towards Kibum.

“Kibummie,” The young man whispered and pulled the younger into a hug.

As Kibum hugged back with a smiled plastered on his face, the young man placed a kiss on his cheek.

The four ended up chatting and laughing together, well everyone bu Kibum. No one noticed either. They went on with their conversation, as if he weren’t there.

Somehow, this didn’t feel right. Nothing did. It’s as if…he remembers spending time with the young man and his parents, but somehow, he felt a huge gap. As if, this wasn’t always like this.

As if years ago, a gap was made and then everything else went on. Like if…someone was in his life, but was an unclear blur. Nothing can be seen.

Minutes later, the four were eating dinner at a long rectangular table in the dining room. When he saw down and felt the fabric of the cushion, or even just the patterns, it didn’t seem right. He hasn’t felt such fabric or seen such patterns in a very long, long, long time.

He drank out of a clear long wine glass. As he did, he felt the feeling once again. He hasn’t used or felt such or seen such glass in a long time.

Seeing his parents laugh and chat didn’t seem right either. Taking a bite out of the posh food wasn’t right. Something, all of these things, he wasn’t used to.

He felt the young man beside take his hand, “Minho,” He whispered as he faced him.

“Now we can catch up on what he started,” Minho said, smiling at Kibum.

Minho's hand, wasn't right. They weren't familiar or warm (like the warmth he once knew.) Minho leaned close to Kibum's face and then, their lips met.

Kibum can see from the corner of his eyes, his parents were in awe and happiness.

As for Kibum, he didn't like this at all.

No, this isn't right. These lips, this kiss, these hands, this person...it's not right, Kibum thought.

Why didn't he feel anything with his boyfriend? Why didn't he love him? Kibum knew, he didn't like this kiss. He didn't like feeling these hands or being with this man either.

But he knows...someone else's love...was right and this love wasn't.