Anger

Remember Me

Siwon had picked up Kiwon from his parents’ house since they had wanted to spend time with their grandson. Once they had arrived back home, Siwon found the door open. He had just been out for a couple of minutes and he had locked the door too. Someone broke in? He knew he locked the door.

He was just walking on the 4th floor and found the door to his apartment open? Siwon cursed in his head, but asked God for forgiveness right away and wondered who had a key. That is if someone even broke in using a key.

When he entered his apartment, he saw someone else’s shoes? Not mine, Siwon thought as he walked into Kiwon’s room that he didn’t even realize his door was wide open. He set Kiwon down in his crib and walked out.

Once he had gotten out of Kiwon’s room, was when he noticed his door was open. He went into a closet that was only across Kiwon’s room and got out a bat. He walked slowly and quietly into his room. He spotted a figure on the floor holding his wife’s wedding outfit. Since the figure was looking down, he couldn’t see their face.

Siwon walked closer to the figure, “Who are you!?!” The figure jumped and looked up quickly. It was Kibum.

Siwon froze. What just happened? Why is it that Kibum was here? Questions ran inside of Siwon’s head. How did Kibum get here? When did he get here? But the question that gave Siwon hope was: why was Kibum here?

Did he remember something? Does he remember his soulmate? Did he remember his real lover? Did he remember his husband? Did he remember those times they both had spent together? Did he remember their love?

Kibum stood up quickly without picking up the shirt, while looking into Siwon’s eyes. Siwon noticed Kibum’s red and puffy eyes. Was he crying? Siwon thought in confusion and worry.

The younger bent down to pick up the plain white shirt and hanger. A smile crept onto Siwon’s face when he saw his wife picking up his own wedding outfit. He hid the smile when Kibum stood back up and looked at him.

“Sorry for intruding! No wonder why this place was so familiar?” Kibum said, feeling a bit relief. At least he wasn’t in some stranger’s house.

“In the present or past?” Siwon asked curiously.

Kibum seemed confused instantly since he raised an eyebrow, “Pardon?”

Siwon shrugged. “You know when we were talking, that’s familiar. But, do you recognize this from…years ago?” There was hope in the tone in his voice. He hoped Kibum remembered. He hoped that the reason why he was here…was because Kibum remembered him.

“You know…when I came the last time…it felt a bit welcoming and familiar?” Kibum said while his eyes wandered around the room. The funny thing was, it was Siwon’s or just a regular room; it belonged to him and Siwon, it was theirs.

Siwon cleared his throat once he realized how Kibum’s eyes were wandering the whole room. “S-so may I ask…what brought you here?”

Kibum’s eyes immediately made their way back to the handsome young man. “Oh um…nothing really, I guess.” He didn’t know why, that was the truth.

“How did you get here? Also…why?” Siwon asked with a little force. He wanted to know why. He wanted to see…he wanted to know if his wife would come back to him.

Kibum felt uneasy. Yes, Siwon had the right to know how and why, but if he told Siwon everything he’d think he’s insane; him and Siwon married, and him carrying Siwon’s child? Siwon told him that they were close friends, but then again, why is it him that he doesn’t remember? Why Siwon? Why can’t he remember a close friend? Wouldn’t close friends remember each as if they were something more? Kibum was still so confused. He loved his friends. If Kibum were to lose one of his friends because of something he said, he’d feel like a parent losing one of their children; it’d hurt him that much.

He didn’t want to lose his friend. A close friend especially. It wasn’t worth it. Especially Siwon who was close to him; Kibum didn’t want to lose him.

But what if these memories he kept having was a sign? What if they meant something? What if…Siwon knew about these memories? What if…Siwon and him were actually lovers? What if…they actually got married and had a kid together?

Kibum shook his head. Once again, he reminded himself that he didn’t want to lose a friend, especially a close one like Siwon. Anyways, if Kibum didn’t answer the latter would find something off.

“Guess I just…found the key?” Kibum lied simply. He had it. It was sent to him, he didn’t find it. Good job Bummie. You’re totally going to jail for this, Kibum thought as he found his lie quiet pathetic.

“You just found the key? No one gave it to you? You didn’t have it?” Siwon asked with a mix of hope and frustration. He had to know why Kibum was there.

“I didn’t have it.” Kibum said quietly. Siwon’s frustration flooded over his hope and happiness.

It all died down. Nothing. No more happiness. No more hope of Kibum remembering. In his head, he wondered about the frustration. Every time Kibum went to the hospital or noticed something familiar, it felt like Kibum was picking up the pieces and trying to place them back together like one big puzzle. But no. Kibum didn’t include Siwon or his name in his moments of remembering something or in the hospital.

Yes, when someone’s in the hospital, you’d be shock and sad. But not Siwon. He knew Kibum was healthy and strong, and would take care of himself and be careful. He always had high hopes that Kibum would remember him. But it’s just his imagination. Kibum wouldn’t remember him. Right now Kibum is in his own home with his wedding outfit in his hands. Siwon would have high hopes.

Kibum found the key, but Siwon didn’t believe it. Maybe Hyuna gave it to him? But why? Hyuna doesn’t even know where Kibum lives. Unless she spied on him? Minho? No. Minho didn’t know Siwon as much as Siwon knew him.

Not Kibum’s parents. They’d make sure that Kibum avoided him. Maybe their friends? Siwon didn’t know but he knew that Kibum didn’t know where it was. He couldn’t really predict where exactly he was. Kibum felt the apartment being familiar to him, but he didn’t know he was in his own home where he had so much good memories.

Siwon felt anger in him. He had known many reasons why Kibum’s parents hated him but didn’t know why they did. Kibum couldn’t remember anything which wasn’t Kibum’s fault at all. It all happened because of him not being there when Kibum needed him. Only if he were there, right now his Kibum would be with him. He, Kibum, and Kiwon would be together.

Kiwon would have his umma and Siwon would have his wife he loved dearly. They’d be a happy family. Siwon wanted to guarantee it. Sadly, now it was clear to him. Even when Siwon was told he was able to see Kiwon, he thought Kibum was healing and resting. When he was allowed to see Kibum, he knew his wife would be fine and he’d want to see his child. But no.

“Who are you?” doesn’t sound like, “Siwon? Y-you here…where’s Kiwon?” Siwon was expecting it. He had real big high hopes. He didn’t expect his wife to ever ask who he was. Siwon knew, Kibum wouldn’t remember. He had thought it was just memory loss that could be recovered. The memories would come back, but it seemed very different from what he had expected.

Siwon looked annoyed and irritated, “Why are you here?” Kibum jumped by the tone in Siwon’s voice. Was Siwon going to press changes for breaking and entering? Kibum wasn’t stealing or breaking anything. His friends gave him the key, he didn’t have it. He didn’t even know where it led to.

“No specific reason. I’ll just leave.” Kibum said nervously, setting the shirt and hanger on the bed gently. Siwon felt sad instantly. His wife placed down the wedding outfit—his wedding outfit.

He doesn’t even know that he’s married, Siwon thought.

Kibum was unaware. He didn’t know. He dated Siwon. He loved Siwon. He got married to Siwon and had a child with him. He knew nothing at all about those events that marked something big in his life. Siwon could only blame himself because he wasn’t there for his wife when he needed him. It was Kibum and Kiwon who needed him, and he wasn’t there.

“Why are you here?!?!” Siwon yelled with tears threatening to escape his eyes. As for Kibum, he was quite startled. It wasn’t long before Kibum could hear wails, which surprised him a bit.

Sh**! Kiwon is here. Siwon is mad, which isn’t good. Why did I have to be so curious? Please clam down Siwon ah, I’m sorry for coming. It’s my fault, Kibum thought as he recalled he was in someone else’s home.

“S-Siwon ah…calm down.” Kibum whispered and regretted it all. Kibum knew no one calmed down after being told to do so.  

“Why are you here?!?” Siwon repeated again, but in a lower voice which had Kiwon’s cries calm down luckily. Kibum was confused by the tears cascading from his eyes. Kibum could tell that Siwon was broken, sad and devastated. 

Siwon himself didn’t know why he was devastated. He had an answer but wasn’t sure if it fit with devastating. More and more tears fell; not cold, but hot. His anger got to him. His sadness, frustration, and devastation had taken over him. He hated this.

He didn’t like the person he was now. Yelling and crying. Sad and scary. Yelling at his wife for no reason. In his mind, he tried selecting a memory of Kibum and him. Kissing, hugging, whispering, “I love you,” sweet-talking, and being together. It was all in his head. Not Kibum’s. He could remember everything as if it were yesterday as for Kibum it’s as if it never happened. Why couldn’t Kibum remember? Will he one day? Will that one day be years from now? Or worse…will he never get those memories ever again?

That thought haunted Siwon. He had a wife that didn’t remember him or their child. As more memories of Kibum came to him, more tears and anger welled up in him.

“Why are you here? Please…leave!” Siwon yelled once more, and Kibum didn’t hesitate. But before leaving completely, he took one last glance at Siwon and then ran out. He didn’t notice something from his pocket fell on the floor.

Siwon felt lonelier than ever; his friends, his family, all gone. Not there. He had Kiwon, but of course; he was just a baby.

Siwon was about to head to Kiwon’s room to calm him and down and make sure he was okay, but he didn’t notice the piece of paper on the floor, which had made him slip. He groaned while sitting up and picked up the paper, reading the red ink:

 

Even women aren’t as BEAUTIFUL as you. Not even the models that walk the stage, not even the most feminine ones, you still beat them. I love you, my bride.

Love, Lee Minho.

To, Kim Kibum.

“God, forever let u be a good and happy couple.”

 

Siwon’s sadness washed over the madness and the madness washed over the sadness; both going back and forth, but sadness won and took over Siwon’s soul. His hands shook which caused the paper to tear a bit. Hot tears fell from his eyes.

His heart ached. His body felt numb. His wife was receiving love letters from someone that wasn’t even him! His wife was receiving letters from the boyfriend that he had broken up with long ago. But not just that bothered him. Minho had written, “My bride.” Those words, the word “bride,” bothered him. Kibum was a bride, but not to Minho, but to Siwon.

Kibum was married to Siwon, not Minho.

He fell on his knees and sobbed hardly.

 

Please Bummie….please, please…I love you Bummie…please…remember me.”