Replaced?

Remember Me

The smell of burnt food was exiting the apartment from the window. It wasn’t the burnt food that was in the room. Shock. Two people. Two people looking at each other’s eyes, making no eye contact with anyone, but themselves.

It seemed as if one of them, didn’t just have shock but maybe even…sadness and jealousy. The other person had shock, happiness, and…anger. Everyone else, who were around them, just watched.

No words.

No movements.

“Oppa, isn’t our baby just precious?” Hyuna cooed as she looked up at the male with a smile. He didn’t answer.

Ryeowook and Leeteuk were behind Siwon, while Yesung and Eunhyuk stood in front of Kibum, but even though the younger male was in the back, he could see clearly.

Yesung’s jaw dropped by the scene, Eunhyuk stared at them, so did Leeteuk and Ryeowook.

“Oh hell no!” Yesung whispered, placing a hand over his mouth.

Yes, it was definitely shock. Not just because of Hyuna’s actions, but…Kibum was there to see. Kibum hadn’t visited Siwon. He didn’t know where Siwon lived.

Donghae walked towards everyone, a phone in his right hand and a bright smile on his face. “It’s okay guys, I called in. The food should be ready in 20 to 30 minutes. Who’s picking it up?” He said, still smiling.

He eyed everyone, he was confused. When he saw Hyuna, he realized what was wrong.

“Um…Hyuna, you should be, oh—um! Get going!” Ryeowook had broken the silence by his words.

Hyuna shot the young male a deadly glare, making him shriek.

“Yeah, I agree. Now. Leave...be gone…go! Never come back,” Eunhyuk agreed pointing at the door.

“So I have to go? Leaving my son?” Hyuna asked and pouted everyone but Kibum and Siwon stared at her.

 “, she really wants us to call Chullie, doesn’t she? He’ll kick her a** out!” Yesung whispered, looking away.

“He’s not your child.” Leeteuk said, crossing his arms.

“How would you know? You weren’t there when he was born.” Hyuna said.

“Neither were you.” Ryeowook said.

Three to four seconds later, Hankyung, Heechul, and Kyuhyun arrived.

“Hey, we’re here,” Hankyung called out.

“Do you guys wanna go to the…bar?” Hankyung stopped when he realized what they got themselves into.

“Oh ,” Kyuhyun cursed, seeing and noticing the whole situation too.

“I know, right?” Yesung whispered to Kyuhyun.

“Why are you here?” Heechul asked, looking at Hyuna.

“None of your business,” Hyuna shot back in annoyance.

“, please. I’m not in the mood. NO one wants you here, so scatter.” Heechul hissed.

“This isn’t you’re apartment. It’s Oppa’s!” Hyuna hissed.

“Ugh, you’re getting on my nerves. You know what? Horsey is in shock meaning he can’t throw you out. You got two choices. Leave or I’m dragging you out.” Heechul said with a hint of irritation in his voice.

Hyuna looked annoyed, but she didn’t move from her spot.

“You want something; you got to do it yourself.” Heechul whispered at the ones behind him.

He walked towards Hyuna and grabbed her wrist, dragging Hyuna out of the whole building (leaving the apartment and building.) Hyuna tried struggling and hitting Heechul, but there was something she didn’t know about this diva: Kim Heechul always gets his way.

He left her outside and walked back into the building. Heechul closed and locked the door to Siwon’s apartment. He eyed Kibum and Siwon.

He grabbed Kibum’s left wrist; Kibum responded by looking at his friend with confusion. Heechul eyed Donghae, receiving the fish’s attention, and then eyed Kiwon 3 times. Donghae nodded and took the baby out of Siwon’s arms.

Heechul then took Siwon’s left wrist too. He went out of the entry area, went down the hall, and entered the bedroom shared by the Sibum. He let go of the two once they were completely in the room, and closed the door on them.

Siwon immediately ran towards the door and tried to open it, but someone was holding the handle.

“YAH! Let us out! Come on!” Siwon shouted banging on the door while Kibum sat on the bed, watching Siwon, who was trying to knock down the door while yelling out to those from the other side.

Kibum sighed and laid his chin on his palm.

“YAH! OPEN THE DOOR!” Siwon yelled.

“I’ll open it. After you talk…with Bummie.” Heechul whispered.

Siwon sighed and glanced at Kibum. His chin was lying on his palm, he seemed tired and exhausted?

It made Siwon curious.

Maybe he didn’t get enough sleep? From what? His parents? Friends? Siwon thought.

He walked towards the bed and sat beside Kibum and watched him. He smiled. It seemed as if Kibum was sleeping. He had his eyes shut and he snored quietly and peacefully.

Siwon made no eye contact with anything else in the room, but Kibum. As he stared at Kibum, he couldn’t help but search through a selection of memories in his head to think of. He had picked one that reminded him of right now.

Siwon and Kibum were both on a bed, a cover not covering their upper body. Both smiling at each other. Siwon had explained to Kibum long ago about the whole misunderstanding. And here they are now.

At Siwon’s parents house, in Siwon’s room. On Siwon’s bed. Both happy together.

Siwon placed his hand on Kibum’s cheek and looked into his eyes. Happiness. Siwon looked seeing those dark eyes. He couldn’t stand a day without staring into those eyes.

“You okay…Wonnie?” Kibum asked softly.

“Yes,” Siwon answered, looking at Kibum only.

“I’m happy that I know now. But I’m also sorry that…I didn’t even stay to listen to the explanation.”

“It’s fine really. I would’ve done the exact same. But I promise, I’ll try to stay and listen,” Siwon said and then pausing. He leaned closer and closer to Kibum. “Because hurting you, kills me.” He whispered, placing a soft kiss on Kibum’s lips.

Siwon felt someone tap his shoulder. He snapped out of his thoughts and shook his head, going back to reality and the present. He looked up, where the tap came from.

Again. Dark eyes. Siwon smiled as he looked at Kibum.

“Ye-yes?”

“You…okay?” Kibum asked, a little worried about the older.

“Hmmm, yeah of course! Why?” Siwon said nervously. His expression probably showed that he was in daze, or thinking hardly about something.

“You stared at me…for a quite long time and I’ve called your name, you didn’t respond though.” Kibum said.

“Oh sorry. I was…just in my thoughts.” Siwon said.

“Now what?”

“Well…Chullie said we should talk things out or something.” Siwon said.

Kibum turned to face the older and asked, “About what? What is there to talk about?”

The scene.

Hyuna.

Kiwon.

How could Siwon have these events fall upon on him…and he had to find a way to cover it all up or…to lie?

“Um…about what happened earlier, you know?” Siwon asked. He hoped there was nothing wrong. He hoped there weren’t much questions either. He’d like to avoid tears and negative thoughts. He was still trying to get rid of the fact that his wife or the mother to his child didn’t even know about his child or about his lover.

“Why would we need to talk about…that?” Kibum asked.

“Well…I guess you seemed…different?” Siwon asked, trying to specific. What had Kibum felt while he saw everything? Anger? Confusion? Jealous, perhaps?

But why would he be angry? Did he remember Siwon and Kiwon already? He was probably confused…but jealous?

“I’m not jealous, if that’s what you thought…but I was, in shock.” Kibum finally said.

Siwon nodded and spoke softly, “Well, why were you shocked?” He asked curiously.

Kibum sighed deeply and tilted his head. He then went back and turned directly to face Siwon. “I don’t remember my friend that I’ve known for a long time…had a child.”

Siwon stared at Kibum and a smile crept to his face.

Because it’s just complicated, Siwon thought.

“I mean, the others seem to know. Did you not tell me?” Kibum asked.

You were the one who gave birth to him, Siwon thought.

“Were you…mad at me or something?”

“Oh no, not at all. I guess…I forgot? I mean…there were so many things…going on.” Siwon explained while the younger nodded afterwards.

“Well congrats, both you and Hyuna?”  Kibum said with awkwardness. He could’ve sworn that was the girl’s name. He heard his friends call her that.

“Huh? No. She’s not the Mother. I’d never sleep with her. Never.” Siwon said with a bright smile.

“So, who is…if I may ask?” Siwon stared up at the ceiling. How was he supposed to answer this?

“I understand…if you don’t want to say.” Kibum said, noticing Siwon’s silence.

“No, no, no. It’s fine, really. My…boyfriend gave birth to him.” Siwon explained as the younger nodded.

“Where…where is?” Kibum asked. He hadn’t seen anyone else in the apartment when he entered.

Siwon’s eyes had sadness and grief in them as he continued on explaining, “He left…after giving birth to our son.”

Kibum seemed shock. He asked, “Why would he do such thing? Just…abandon his lover and child like that?”

Siwon chuckled, but that didn’t make this moment any less sadder than it already was. “It’s fine. Don’t blame him. I wasn’t even there when our son was born. I wasn’t there…when he needed me the most.” Siwon said, tears escaping his eyes.

Kibum pulled the older into a hug, and said, “It’ll be okay. I believe that one day…he’ll come back to you.”

“I believe so…too.” Siwon said, while crying. It wasn’t long before the older male found himself foolish and quickly wiped away the tears.

“You okay?” Kibum asked realizing the tears were gone. Siwon nodded to his question. He thought of something. Perhaps this would make the older a bit happier? “So…what’s his name?” He asked, smiling at Siwon.

Siwon smiled back and answered, “Choi Kiwon.”

Kibum’s smile disappeared when he heard that name. Somehow, at that exact moment, he felt his head ache painfully. It felt as if his head was being split apart.

To his and the elder’s surprise, he fell off where he sat and placed a hand on his head and wined in pain.

“Kibum…Kibum…Kibum! Kibum! Kibum!” He heard his name being called, but he didn’t answer.

To his surprise, he cleared everything from his head. He remembered something.

“Kiwon will be our child’s name.”

“Huh? Why choose ‘Won’? Yours is better!”

“Kiwon sounds amazing. Anyways, you decided our family name is Choi. Our baby’s name is…Choi Kiwon.”

Choi…Kiwon…Kiwon…Kiwon…

Our baby’s name is...Choi…Kiwon…

 

The words kept repeating in his head and so did the memory. It hurt his head. All of this going on…made his head ache painfully.

He continued wincing in pain, which made Siwon shocked and frightened.

Unexpectedly, the door to the bedroom had been pushed open widely and people ran inside.

“YAH! We told you clearly to talk to him! Not him!” Heechul shouted at the male confused and shock that was sitting on the bed.

“I didn’t him nor was I trying to.  I was…talking to him. He fell to the ground and winced in pain.” Siwon explained truthfully.

“Kibum ah, are you okay?” Ryeowook asked softly.

Kibum calmed himself down and panted lightly. “Ye…yes,” Kibum replied.

“Good. See, nothing to worry about.” Hankyung said.

Ryeowook and Sungmin walked towards Kibum and helped him stand up. When they took a few steps, Kibum fell forward.

“Kibum! Kibum! Kibum! Kibum!” They all continued to call his name, even though they knew he was unconscious already.

 

A group of boys waited in the waiting room until the doctor came. By their surprise, once again, it was Dr. Jung.

“Here again, I see?” Dr. Jung said smirking widely.

“Is he or is he not okay?” Heechul launched a question without any patience.

“He’s fine. Whatever he remembered brought him stress. That’s why he fainted. I told you guys to not pressure it.”

“How was I supposed to know that telling him our child’s would stress him out???” Siwon asked.

“You’ve discussed about baby names, right? He must’ve remembered the talk and when you chose a name obviously. Please, think before acting! Stress is not good for him.” Dr. Jung reminded them all once again.

“Can we see him?” Eunhyuk asked.

Dr. Jung nodded his head.

The group were about to enter the room but stopped when they noticed one person wasn’t following and was still sitting down.

“YAH! Horsey, get your a** over here!” Heechul called out with annoyance.

“I’m the cause of this. The cause…of him hurting and stressing out.” Siwon said.

Kangin rolled his eyes and shrugged, “It’s not your fault. It was just…a slip up. Nothing to worry about. Stress…isn’t something easy or good to deal with but, things happen.”

“True. You didn’t plan to make him stressed out or…in pain of any sort. We all—he knows too, that you wouldn’t try or dare to hurt him, ever.” Leeteuk added on to what his lover said.

True.

Siwon hadn’t planned this.

Kibum had asked a question and all Siwon did, was answer.

It wasn’t his fault.

He just…made a small mistake. And that was fine.

“Now get over here before I drag you over here!” Heechul said.

Siwon looked at the older and sat up to walk towards them. They all entered the room.

 

“Kibummie, are you okay?” Leeteuk asked in his motherly tone and mood as always.

“Yes Teukie, I’m fine. It’s nothing, really.”

“If we may ask, what did you remember?” Henry asked with not much of hesitation.

“Henry.” Heechul and Siwon warned with a look saying I’m-going-to-kill-you.

“What? It was just a question?” Henry said, shrugging innocently. The younger didn’t mean it. It was an innocent mistake and everyone knew that.

Kibum must’ve read the glares belonging to the diva and handsome man. “It’s okay. I remember…hearing voices, but not much of faces, just blurs. But, it was all so quick…I can’t really remember what they were specifically saying.”

“Did the voices sound familiar to you?” Sungmin asked.

It seemed that Siwon’s eyes had hope.

No…I can’t tell them. I might sound crazy! Hearing…him and…me? Our…BABY’S name? What does this mean? Kibum thought nervously as he looked at his friends.

“No. None of the voices sounded familiar.” Kibum answered.

Oh,” They all chorused and nodded their head.

“Well, you’re fine and that’s what matters!” Ryeowook said joyfully.

“We’ll be back tomorrow. But…your parents will come and get you.” Leeteuk announced as the younger nodded.

They all ended up leaving, but it was rather a strange order. Siwon was the first one to leave out of everyone. He had felt guilty.

 

The next day, Donghae and Eunhyuk bid their goodbyes by text messages as they left to the airport early in the morning.

Siwon picked up Kiwon from his parents’ house.

During that time, Mr. and Mrs. Kim had left to go pick up their son from the hospital. Kibum felt a bit upset that he’d have to go back to his parents, his other friends, and then…Minho.

Kibum wanted to get out of all of the time he was spending with his family, other friends, and Minho…but they kept taking him somewhere and kept their eyes on him and their hands too. Making sure he didn’t get out of their sight or distance.

 

Siwon was in his apartment with Kiwon, Kangin, Leeteuk, and Ryeowook. Siwon was sorting out bills at the dining table for three, with Kangin, while the other two were playing with Kiwon.

“You know, the bills are going up. It used to go down when there two people paying these bills.” Kangin said, looking at two small sheets of paper. Stares by everyone but Kiwon was what Kangin got.

Siwon sighed deeply and took a piece of paper with printed writing. He groaned while reading it completely.

“What?” Kangin asked, noticing the whole scene in front of him.

“This bill is due today, must’ve forgotten. The closest bank is at that mall…at the left corner, right?” Siwon said.

Kangin nodded, “Yup. If you ask me, they have a lot of you know, fancy and expensive stuff.” The man wasn’t even looking at him while talking.

Siwon left the apartment with his wallet and car keys, after bidding his goodbyes to his friend and son.

 

Kibum was walking with Minho in a huge mall. Their hands were intertwined together. Once again, the feeling started coming in Kibum, it didn’t feel right. He knows…he felt hands that were perfectly warm and ones that…fit his perfectly.

They ended up stopping in front of a store that sold fancy and expensive perfume and cologne.

Minho turned to face Kibum with a wide smile, “Kibum ah, do you want to go in?” Kibum could tell by the latter’s smile, that he had interests in the store. But he himself knew for sure that he didn’t.

“No. I’m fine, thanks. You go in though,” Kibum said softly with a sweet and gentle smile.

Minho nodded and entered the shop while Kibum decided to stand in front of the store and wait for the latter to return.

 

Siwon had walked into the mall to find the bank. He knew for sure, it was on the second floor, so he took the escalators to go down.

Siwon spotted a figure in front of a perfume and cologne store, but had continued walking until he got to the bank. Afterwards, he walked a little towards the perfume and cologne store, but not too close. The figure…

It was Kibum.

His wife.

His lover.

He smiled and walked towards Kibum from behind him.

The younger was just standing in front of the store as if he were waiting for someone.

By his surprise, a man walked out of the store with nothing. Kibum turned to the man and made his way towards him. The man pulled him into a hug. Kibum let go, but that gave the man an opportunity to place a kiss on his lips.

Siwon stared at the two in shock…and anger.

The man leaned a bit closer to likely deepen the kiss and then let go of Kibum completely. The two intertwined their hands together and walked away. Away from the store. And away…from Siwon.

That was Minho.

Minho was the one Kibum was with now?

Siwon and now…him?

Kibum had no memory of his and Siwon’s love. Now…all of the love was nothing but dust. Something forgotten and uncared for. The love they had…faded away. It’s as if it had left as quickly as if had been welled up inside of them both during that time.

Siwon was forgotten.

He was being erased from Kibum’s memory.

He was being forgotten by Kibum.

Siwon was being replaced by the man known as Lee Minho