Our Little Beginning

Remember Me

As the snow fell from the sky, Kim Kibum was outside of his classroom (his classes had ended already.) Looking above as the white delicate snowdrops fell on his face. He plopped onto the snow (from the ground) and started making snow angels and snowballs. He spotted a kid (who looked a little older than him) sitting on a bench all alone. Being sweet and kind, Kibum invited the kid to play with him. They had a battle of snowball fights, made snow angels and snowmen. Kibum had made a friend on December 1st.

 

Kibum and his friend, Choi Siwon, had formed a bigger and stronger friendship. They had hung out together and treated each other in a friendly way. As they grew older, their friendship had turned more into a friend to friend relationship, and even more than a brotherly relationship: they had fallen for each other.

 

Siwon had confessed to Kibum when he was 16 and when the younger was 13. They had started dating afterwards. A misunderstanding appeared in their relationship, but it wasn't long before they had gotten back together after the two sorted everything out and realized the truth.

 

Sadly, Kibum's parents didn't accept the relationship. His parents had sent him to Incheon to finish off school, leaving his home, his old school, his friends, and his beloved. Kibum had returned to his love by randomly meeting on the streets of Seoul. They were old enough to be together and to not separate, by their choice.

 

On the second day of being reunited, the couple had secretly bought each other couple rings. Siwon's ring for Kibum had engravings that said, 'I LOVE U, Kibum,' and was silver.

 

To Siwon's surprise, Kibum had bought a ring. Kibum's ring for Siwon had the engravings, 'I LOVE U, Siwon,' and was golden.

 

They had ended up doing what they had planned on doing when they bought the rings. Kibum had proposed to Siwon in a shy way since it was rather awkward for him (especially being the feminine type in the relationship.) Siwon had proposed to Kibum too, but not as awkward and shy as much, but they had both ended up saying yes to each other's words.

 

Siwon and Kibum had decided on not having a big wedding, not even a small wedding at all; the groom in his working suit and the bride in a long white shirt and black jeans.

 

Sadly, for Siwon and Kibum, not all of their friends had come to the wedding. Once the couple was a 100% sure that they were going to get married and on their so called wedding day, the groom had called the first contact (friend) on his contact book: Hangeng.

Siwon had dialed Hangeng’s number while he was supposed to be working in his office. The talk:

“Hello?” Hangeng answered from the other line of the phone.

“Get the boys, Geng! I’m getting married!” Siwon shouted in happiness and hung up immediately. In reply, though the horse hadn’t given his friend time to respond, Hangeng was only able to get a few friends ready.

Kibum had ended up calling his first friend on his contact list, Leeteuk. The talk:

“Teukie,” He said with a wide grin.

“Yeah Bummie?” Leeteuk answered with a light bright happy like tone.

“Get the others ready,” He had repeated the words that his fiancé had said without knowing.  He added, “Siwon and I are getting married!”

“Oh my gosh, really? When?” 

“Now!” Kibum said and squealed happily afterwards.

“WHAT!!!???!!!!”

“See ya! Wonnie will text you guys where to meet us, aniyo~~~!!!” Kibum had hung up after saying bye and got dressed in his wedding outfit; a plan long sleeved white shirt that went to his upper thighs, black skinny jeans, and ankle boots (grabbing the closest shoes he found.)

The couple ended up getting married in front of a church. Afterwards, there was no reception or party, the guests left the newlyweds alone and let the now married couple spend their honeymoon—time together.

The Sibum couple had moved in together. The couple had kept the secret of their marriage and meeting and life together from Kibum’s parents. Siwon’s parents knew since they fully accepted the couple.

A week later, after being married, Kibum had found out that he was with child. Siwon and everybody else who accepted the couple couldn’t be any happier.

They—Kibum (after being two to three months) couldn’t stop imagining how it’d be. He had always brought up about the baby to—in every conversation after the first few months of his pregnancy, but no one minded. They were as happy as he was.

Once the couple had announced it to their friends, one of them, Lee Eunhyuk, had become a baby making machine. Lee Donghae, Eunhyuk’s boyfriend (wouldn’t take longer for them to make it official) LOVED children.

Eunhyuk had promised Donghae that they’d try right after Sibum’s child was delivered. Donghae couldn’t wait, so he ended up dragging Eunhyuk out of Sibum’s apartment and ended up going to their place and sleep. Donghae had been tired so he wasn’t patient, so they had left immediately.

Some of the other friends of the couple had too thought about having children, but ended up promising each other that they would likely try after Sibum’s and Eunhae’s child was born.

Kibum was now 7 months pregnant. He was in his lover’s and his home. It had been Kibum’s when he had returned back to Seoul, at first. When they were finally wedded together Siwon had actually moved in with him. By their luck, there had been two bedrooms.

Since Kibum was alone at first, he had put boxes with his childhood stuff (he hadn’t taken it from his parents) in the second bedroom. After being married, while Siwon was at work, Kibum had placed all the childhood stuff and the extra stuff in storage. Now, the second bedroom would be used as a nursery for their baby.

Kibum walked into the room with a bright wide smile. They didn’t know and didn’t want to know the gender of their baby, so the nursery was painted white.

Kibum knew they wouldn’t live in the apartment forever; they would need bigger space and their own place, which was the topic that was on Siwon’s mind three weeks ago.

He had tried to talk Kibum about how they should move out of the apartment and get a house.

But Kibum had replied, “We have a room for the baby now. We don’t need a house, now. We can get one later, Wonnie. Anyways, you, Hangeng, Yesung, Kangin, Zhou Mi, a VERY-HAPPY-TO-DO-IT Donghae, and a pissed but helpful Kyuhyun just prepared the nursery a month ago.

It looks amazing. Anyways, if we thought about moving into a house, the boys would be sad that we didn’t even use the room for a long time and would just make extra work to do.”

Kibum was right. The-Wanting-Kids-Now guy, also known as Donghae, would be devastated if the nursery hadn’t been used. Siwon had agreed with his wife, and didn’t think or speak about the topic until there was a right time to do so.

Kibum felt a bit guilty by rejecting Siwon’s offer, but…he didn’t want his husband to stress out or go too far away from him. Kibum wanted his husband to be there when their child was brought into this world. His parents wouldn’t be there, ever.

Kibum snapped out of his thoughts and looked around his baby’s room. He smiled as he eyed the white crib with white little curtains; it was a fancy crib that was given to them by Mr. and Mrs. Choi, Siwon’s parents. Siwon’s parents wanted to have a grandchild and couldn’t wait. There were little white shelves and a white dresser. On top of the dresser was a red velvet colored box.

Kibum walked towards it and opened the box. It was a gift from the couple’s friends, Kim Yesung and Kim Ryeowook. Inside of the box, was a silver puzzled necklace. There were three necklaces. Each necklace had a piece of the heart.

The necklace in the box was the middle piece of the heart. Siwon wore the left piece of the heart every day, while Kibum wore the right piece of the heart. There came a note with the necklaces:

This puzzled heart is in three pieces; for three people. No matter what, as long as the necklace is on those three, if they’re ever to be separated; they’ll find each other, with their Hearts.

 

Kibum smiled wider and brighter. He couldn’t wait for his child to be brought into this world. Kibum spotted two little white teddy bears that were on the white chair with a white cushion. He walked out of the room and closed the door.

Outside of the apartment, Ryeowook and Leeteuk were chatting with the neighbor and Heechul was sleeping on the couch with a purple sleeping mask with white letters printed that spelled out: I’mTheF**kinPrincess, with a golden crown on top of the ‘I’ and ‘P.’ 

Kibum eyed his friend, who was sleeping on the couch peacefully and soundly. Hangeng had arrived with his diva lover saying, “He WANTS his beauty sleep.” Heechul had only slept for a half an hour and it felt long for Kibum.

Kibum checked his phone since he had felt it vibrate from his pants. Once he opened it, he found out the phone had a new message. It wasn’t long before he pulled up the message and read the text:

 

Bummie, your Appa and I want to see you. Please come to the park near our house and look for us on the benches

--- Umma

 

 

Kibum thought and read the message again and again. Is this an apology? Are they going to beg for his forgiveness? Should he go or reject? He looked down at his bump on his stomach. His parents were the last thing he thought about it.

He had pushed them in the back of his mind, the past. Right now, was his present and the life in his stomach and man who wore the golden ring that said, ‘I LOVE U, Siwon,” was his future.

The ring showed, Siwon was his, and he was Siwon’s. They belonged to each other. He didn’t feel like an object, but felt a bit happy and shy knowing that he belonged to the handsome, sweet, and gentlemanly man—the Father to the child he was going to give birth to.

Kibum thought deeply, Maybe it’s important? I don’t keep in touch with my family. Maybe a family member is dying or is REALLY sick?

Kibum would go. He wanted to see his parents beg. He wanted to hear them say sorry for not accepting his lover and being rude to him too.

When everyone was gone, he left a note on the counter for Siwon. He realized it was snowing. He smiled. He’d always adore and love the snow.

Kibum decided to take a cab. There was only 20 miles left. A red sports car was simply speeding.

As the taxi cab was about to go straight, the red sports car hit the side of the cab.

Slow motion.

It went so…slow.

It was something that was shocking and appalling at the same time.

It went fast and quick.

 

The doctors were in the ER room with a patient who was screaming as they repeated, “Push! Push! Just a little harder!” Soft wailing noises came from the room.

 

 

 

A crowd of people ran into the hospital. One of the young men dashed to the desk and asked for a patient who was in labor or had already given birth.

The woman asked, “What gender?”

“Male,” The man answered.

“Name?” She asked.

“Kim Kibum,” The man answered.

She nodded her head, “Room 104, but he’s in with the doctors right now,” She said with a smile.

Before the lady could say anything else, the man was gone. So was the crowd of men.

Siwon and his friends waited and waited. Donghae smiled happily, while his lover glared at him with an annoyed face and an eyebrow that he had raised. Donghae had been working, when Ryeowook immediately ran into his office saying, “The baby is coming!”

Ryeowook was told that from Henry, who actual forgot the details. Ryeowook called Donghae just minutes after Henry explained the details. Donghae ignored the details. Thinking they meant how the baby was born or Kibum’s mood swings, or how his water broke.

Donghae didn’t need the details to know that his nephew was going to be born (Leeteuk, being the motherly figure of the group, announced that they were all somewhat related to each other.)

Siwon kept shaking and paced back and forth. Kangin placed his two hands on Siwon’s shoulders and looked into Siwon’s eyes.

“He’ll be okay,” Kangin whispered.

“How do you know? I don’t hear Kibum screaming?” Siwon questioned his friend who seemed to want to calm him down.

“Are you even able to hear his screams?” Ryeowook asked innocently as Yesung had his hand on Ryeowook’s knee. Siwon shot a deadly glare at him. The younger responded by shrieking, scared for his life.

Donghae turned to face directly, “No dur! The screaming is SO loud that I think people from America can hear!” Donghae exaggerated smacking his head stupidly and sticking out his tongue.

“Sorry, just wanted…to know,” Ryeowook whispered as low as a mouse; noticing stares from Siwon. Ryeowook went back to sitting and being quiet.

Everyone was quiet, but Donghae who was jumping in his seat with happiness.

“Can you believe it Hyukkie???!!!??? Baby Sibum—” Eunhyuk cut off Donghae.

“They chose the name Kiwon.” Eunhyuk said.

“What if it’s a boy?” Donghae asked.

“Look, when Kyumin have their baby, they can name baby girl or boy Kyumin or Sunghyun, or whatever.” He added to his explanation to be more specific, “Kiwon can be a boy or girl name, so can Sibum.”

“Yeah, hey guys…SHUT UP!” Heechul shouted.

Donghae smiled again and Eunhyuk closed his eyes and placed his hand on his forehead.

They heard the door open, a doctor walking towards them. Donghae’s smile widened and he jumped out of his seat.

“WHERE IS THE BABY??!!??” Donghae yelled in happiness. The doctor blinked a couple times while eyeing Donghae confusingly.

“You the Father?” The doctor asked, looking down at a clipboard in his hands.

Donghae pouted and looked down and whispered quietly, “N…no.”

“Where are the parents of the patient? Family members? Relatives?” The doctor asked.

“That I—we don’t know. Kibum hasn’t kept in touch with his parents in while,” Sungmin answered.

“Well, where’s the Father of the child? Or who is?” The doctor asked and looked around at each young man’s face.

Siwon kept his eyes down; he stood, but then looked up at the doctor and said (getting stares at him), “Me.

“Is he fine?” Siwon asked.

“He was going somewhere. A car had been speeding. While the taxi driver was driving, the car hit the side of the taxi cab. Mr. Kim was close to being completely unconscious. Luckily, he was able to give birth and stay awake for us to go through tests,” The doctor explained, everyone smiling and sighing in relief in return.

“Can we…see them?” Siwon asked.

The doctor frowned.

“What is it?” Siwon asked in worry.

“Mr. Kim is…resting.” Everyone seemed a little worried (widening their eyes.)

“What-what about the baby?” Ryeowook asked.

“You’re allowed to see him. He’s fine, but small. Only seven months old,” The doctor explained.

“Did you hear Hyukkie? DID YA!?!? It’s-it’s A BOY!” Donghae shouted in happiness, shaking his lover rapidly.

“Your reaction is as if this child is yours?” Eunhyuk questioned.

The doctor led the group into the room with all the babies in it. The doctor opened the door for them and then led them to an incubator. There was a baby sleeping and wrapped around in a blue cotton blanket. The doctor takes the infant in his arms and hands it to Siwon carefully.

Siwon took his son in his arms and smiled down at him. Tears of happiness fell from his eyes and cascaded from his cheeks as he stared at his son. His friends gathered from behind him to see the baby.

“He’s so, so cute!” Sungmin squealed.

“Not cute hyung! But…ADORABLE!” Ryeowook beamed in happiness while squealing in a happy tone.

“Can’t wait until Bummie sees his son,” Yesung whispered. Everyone looked at him, but Siwon.

Siwon noticed his son shift and stir as he slept.

Cute.

Just like Kibum.

Siwon remembered, Kibum had said when their child was grown up he or she would inherit Siwon’s looks and as a child, he or she would take Kibum’s.

He was right, Siwon thought as he let out a single chuckle.

“Hi…I’m your Appa. Your Umma is asleep right now…but he’ll be fine. Welcome to Earth…Choi Kim Kiwon.”