Confessions

Just Between Us

 

Two weeks had passed after the Cabi CF shooting. In between those weeks, Yoona and Taecyeon was planning how their members would get close to each other so that it would be easy for them to see each other. The planning was through text messages and late night phone calls that turned out into mushy exchanges. Only Yuri knew about the late night phone calls, of course she and Yoona are roommates. She, on the other hand, is thinking about someone. That someone who made a lot of fluttering gestures during the shoot. That someone who had filled her mind for two weeks now. And she plans to avoid him if ever their paths cross which is very likely. "aish! Why should you always be on my mind?" She suddenly blurted out. Yoona was on the phone that time and she heard Yuri saying something. "Yul? What?" Yoona asked while covering the phone's speaker. "Oh, nothing. Continue what you're doing." Yuri said as she hurriedly covered her head with a blanket as she was blushing. At this, Yoona was confused. She was confused with Yuri's behavior for the past 2 weeks as Yuri was not annoying her anymore as before with her late night phone calls. But one thing she noticed was whenever Nichkhun's name was brought up, Yuri would suddenly blush.  When with the girls and Khun was mentioned, she would keep silent and when she will hear Yoona and Taec talk on the phone about the boys and Khun was mentioned, she would suddenly become attentive. This gave Yoona an idea. She went back to talking to the phone - to Taec.

 

"Hey, oppa, I think I smell something fishy here in our room." Yoona said in a louder volume so that Yuri can hear, indicating that she is referring to Yuri. "Huh? What do you mean?" Taec on the other line asked confusedly. "why don't we see each other this weekend? Please bring KHUN oppa with you." She requested. She knew Yuri well. "o-ok? So that means it's fine with Yuri to go with that?" Taec asked, still confused. "Of course, they're already friend right?" Yoona said. "Ok. This weekend, where would you like to go?" Taec said, changing the topic. "Uhm, to the beach!" Yoona said almost shouting. "Yoong-ah, please keep your voice low. I'm trying to sleep here." Yuri whined. "sorry, yul. I'm just too excited." Yoona said. Yuri actually heard everything and she's certain that Yoona is up to something. Whatever it is, she would not let herself fall for that.  "Oppa, I have to sleep now. Bye. Saranghae." Yoona ended her phone call. She sat beside Yuri's bed and said, "Yul, please come with me this weekend at the beach with Taec." 'I know you wouldn't refuse this Yul as you had been asking for a visit to the beach' Yoona said while smiling. 'what with Nichkhun with us, no way I'm going to see him.' yuri thought. "Sorry, yoong, As much as I want to accompany you and be at the beach, I already have plans of my own this weekend. Maybe next time." Yuri lied, sounding apologetically. She was still under her blanket.  "oh come on Yul, are you sure you're leaving me with Taec Oppa alone?" Yoona asked while shaking Yuri. "I heard you're bringing nichkhun along, so, I trust you." Yuri said casually. Yoona pouted and took off the blanket from Yuri. "hey, what was that for? Give me back my blanket! I want to sleep now." Yuri said, sounding angry. "Ok. Ok. But let's talk first." Yoona said giving the blanket back. "Aren't you tired of all the talking with Taecyeon? And what are we going to talk about?" Yuri asked. "no, I'm not tired if it's you we're talking about? And we're…" Yoona said but was cut by Yuri. "About me? What about me?" Yuri said confused. "Oh come on Yul. I felt that you are bothered by something." Yoona said. "and don't bother to deny that. Cause I'm not buying it." Yoona continued. "Yah! Yah! When did you become my mom?" Yuri said. "Yul, you can always tell me, you know." Yoona said assuringly. Yuri just kept quiet. "Is this about Khun oppa?" She said. This mad Yuri looked to her. "What do you mean? Why is he in this conversation?" Yuri asked. "Ok, first during the CF shooting I noticed him looking at you. Second, since the CF shooting, whenever his name is mentioned you either blush, be attentive or keep silent. Has something happened between you two?" Yoona asked with a smirk as if she had hit the jackpot. At this, Yuri was startled and did not answer. "So, I really hit the jackpot. I knew you a lot Yul. So, are you falling for him?" Yoona asked victoriously. "What? Yoong, you're exaggerating. Alright, I admit that it's about him, bothering me on my mind always. But falling for him? I don't … " Yuri defended herself but was cut by Yoona, "Not yet! … So you're coming this weekend. Cancel that inexistent schedule of yours and that's final." Yuri was left dumbstruck as Yoona stick her tongue out before reaching her bed and covered herself with the blanket.

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

SNSD has a performance the next day and it happened that 2PM was also performing. Yuri avoided Nichkhun at all cost. This made Nichkhun think that she was angry or something with him. He was trying his best to get near her but every time he did that, she would go away from the location. Yoona and Taecyeon, the poor real life couple, satisfied themselves with little glances and smile. Taecyeon casually walked to Yoona's side and held her hands, being careful that somebody might see them. As usual, this little gestures made Yoona's heart to skip a beat. She can only look at Taec for a moment and look away while blushing.

 

Another 2PM member was trying to get close to another SNSD member, this time it is SNSD's leader. Wooyoung was keeping an eye on Taeyeon. Since the CF shooting, he was thinking about her and how he would confess to her. And today, he will try his best to tell her how he feels about her. He casually went to her side and greeted her. "Taeyeon-ssi, anyeong!" Taeyeon also bowed to him. "Uhm, are you free later? You know, have a drink with me at a café outside this building." He invited her. "Wooyoung-ssi, I'm sorry but I really don't have the time." Taeyeon refused. At this, Wooyoung pouted but still is persistent, "For just 10 minutes?" Taeyeon shoke her head. "5 minutes? Please?" He pleaded. Taeyeon was surprised at how persistent he was so she gave in. Before she answered she looked to someone behind Wooyoung. That someone smiled at her. "Ok, but only for 5 minutes." she said sternly. "Yes! Thank You!" Wooyoung said smiling like crazy. Taeyeon excused herself as she saw the same someone going out of the room.

 

"Fany-ah!" she called. After the CF shooting, Taeyeon was still wondering at what made Tiffany cried. She waited for Tiffany to open up and she was successful. Tiffany can't bear what she felt. She intended to open up to Sica or Yuri but ended up opening to Taeyeon as she was the most available at that time. She told Taeyeon how much she likes Wooyoung, although all the girls know that. And she told her that she was jealous of Taeyeon for getting Wooyoung's attention. Taeyeon was shocked but she assured Tiffany that she isn't attracted to Wooyoung. The girls know that Taeyeon is currently dating someone. Taeyeon told her that she would tell Wooyoung right away so that he would stop what he is doing.

 

Finally, Taeyeon caught up with Tiffany. She grabbed Tiffany's shoulder to make her face her. "Fany-ah, I only agreed to make him stop if he is really pursuing me." She said reassuringly. Tiffany just sobbed, "Why can't he like me instead?" "Fany-ah, maybe he is not the right one for you." Taeyeon said. "Come on, cheer up! Or would you like to be on TV with puffy eyes?" Taeyeon said with a smile while fixing Tiffany. Tiffany smiled back and hugged her. "Taeyeon, you're just …. JJANG!" Taeyeon hugged back.

 

At the Café.

 

"Glad you came." Wooyoung said as he ushered Taeyeon to her seat. "ok, whatever you want with me, please tell me right away cause I'm really serious with the 5 minutes thing." Taeyeon said sternly. Wooyoung pouted. "First, can you please drop off the indifference. I thought you were kind. So please." He said. "I'm sorry." She replied apologetically. "Uhm… well, what I wanted to say is… uhm.." He was lost for words. "hm?" Taeyeon asked, waiting for him. "Uhm…" 'why can't any word come out now?' he thought, disappointed of himself. "Ok? What is uhm?" Taeyeon said. "Will you go out with me?" He blurted out suddenly. Taeyeon, though she already has a hint was still shocked hearing this from him. He looked at him with sorrow in her eyes. "I'm sorry Wooyoung but I'm already seeing somebody now." She said still looking at him. He was dumbfounded by her answer.  His mind was flooded with questions. He  remained silent for a long time, trying to bear the pain. Taeyeon broke the silence, "But we're friends, right? I think we should at least take care of that relationship. I'm sorry for being so rude a while ago." "Friends. Yes, Friends." he finally said. He put a smile and added, "At least, I had told you what I felt for you and I'm glad you still accept me as a friend."

 

After the café incident, Wooyoung stayed in his room for 2 consecutive days. The other members were worried about him but they were just grateful he wasn't in a club, involved in a fight. Of course, it was so hard for him to take everything in, in just a snap. He needs time.