Chapter Ten: Unexpected Visit from Umma

From Girl To Boy

Hey guys! I'm so sorry if I haven't updated for a couple of weeks. I've been kinda busy with school, family, and applying to some colleges so I haven't been able to go onto the computer to type up a chapter. So I hope you guys will like this chapter and once again I'm sorry for the long wait! =)

~~~~

~* Tae Skylar's POV *~

"Taemin hyung, are you okay?" I asked Taemin, who staring out the window, daydreaming about something. He must had not heard me since he didn't respond back to me. I tilt my head to the side, looking at Taemin's pretty face. His red fringe covered his forehead and his right eye slightly, making him look mysterious yet fascinating. Even though I had to pretend to be a boy and act like one but I couldn't help finding Taemin so attractive as well as the others. I continued to stare at his beautiful face until I snapped out of it and shook my head. What the hell? Tae Skylar stop starting or else Taemin will think you're some kind of weirdo or he might think I'm "gay". Ugh! I really need to stop my damn girl side from taking over most of the time.' I thought to myself. I waved my hand in Taemin's face, trying to get his attention again. "Taemin hyung! Earth to Taemin hyung! Get out of Dream Land!" I said a bit louder but not loud enough to get the librarian angry. Taemin's attention snapped to me as he shook his head lightly, looking over at me. I looked back at him with concern. "Are you okay? You're spacing out a lot." I asked, folding my arms on the smooth surface of the table.

Taemin and I were in the library, studying for a upcoming test in Math. I would had asked Onew Oppa but he was busy doing something else. So I asked Taemin to help me to study since he was really good at Math. If I didn't pass this test coming up, I would fail since my grades aren't looking pretty. He looked at me with a small smile. "Sorry about that. I was thinking about something." he said rubbing the back of his neck. I blinked.

"Thinking about what?" I asked leaning on my elbows, intrigued. Taemin looked down for a moment as if he was thinking what to say. After a few moments of silence, he finally spoke.

"Sky, there is something I need to tell you." he said with a hint of nervousness in his voice.

"Sure. What is it?" I asked leaning my left cheek in the palm of my hand as I looked at Taemin. He gulped as he tried to say waht he wanted to say to me.

~* Taemin's POV *~

Should I tell her that I know her secret? But what if she thinks Onew told me? She'll probably get angry with him and I don't want that, I"ll just keep it to myself until one day she wants to tell me. I sighed as I scratched the back of my head. "Urm... do you want to hang out with me maybe this weekend? Like go to the arcade or hang out around town?" I asked with a light blush creeping it's way onto my cheeks. I saw Sky blinked then a warm smile appeared on her lips.

"Sure! That would be good, hyung." she said with a grin. I slowly smiled as I looked at her. I stared at her beautiful face for a moment longer before picking up my pencil and began to write down some problems for her to do. I slid the paper over to her.

"Here. Try solving these." I said leaning back in my seat, folding my arms across my chest. I saw her sigh as she grabbed her pencil and began to read the problems. Damn she's so cute. I thought to myself with a soft sigh. It took Sky a couple of minutes to do the problems before she began to ruffle her short brown hair in frustration. A small smirk appeared on my face. "What's wrong?" I asked.

"I can't get this stupid problem! , I frigging in Math." she said buring her face in her hands. I laughed, leaning across the table with my pencil in my hand as I looked at the paper.

"Which one?" I asked, the smirk still on my face. Sky pointed to a problem. 

"This one." she moaned with a frown on her face. I chuckled as I read the problem.

  1. You ride your bike at a speed of 25 miles per hour. Your friend races at a speed of 35 miles per hour. Suppose your friend decides to give you a 40-mile head start. Write an equation of each of the two lines. Are the slopes equal?

"This is really simple Sky. You can solve it." I said looking at her. Sky scolded.

"Saids the Math nerd." she said. My mouth dropped a bit as I looked at her. She folded her arms and blew her fringe out of her big brown eyes. I pouted with a fake whine.

"Ah! I'm not a nerd! I'm just good in Math." I whined like a child. Sky looked at me then laughed softly. I smiled and once again explained how to solve the problem to her and she began to solve it on her own.

~* Onew's POV *~

I glanced down at my watch, checking the time. It was 5:36 PM. I sighed as I ruffled the back of my hair. Mother was late. She was suppose to be here at five o'clock sharp. I thought she was going to come visit to 'take' Tae-Tae away from me. I was going to make sure that she wasn't going to. The front doors opened and in entered the person who I really didn't wanted to see. Umma.

~* Tae Skylar's POV *~

Taemin and I laughed as we walked out of the library and into the hallway. We just finished studying for the test and I got every question CORRECT! Yes! Go me! I'm so happy that I asked Taemin to help me out. Taemin wrapped his arm around my shoulders as we entered the main hall, only to hear Onew Oppa talking loudly with a... a woman? I quickly ran to beginning of the stairs with Taemin but stopped in my tracks. My eyes widened. "Umma?"