Business Trip

Yeppeun Sunbaewa Na (Beautiful Senior and I)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

(Taeyeon's POV)

It's been 3 days since i'm sleepovering at Tiffany's house. Her leg seems fine now. She can walk properly without much difficulty, thanks God. But the problem is, ever since that night, we get somehow drifted apart. Like there's a distance that never been there before between us. It's like she's deliberately avoiding me. As for me, i also didn't try to approach her because i was kind of ashamed with myself for break down in front of her, for showing her my weakness. I hate myself for acted like that. I should've control my emotion better. Maybe this is also the reason why she's making a distance with me now. Maybe she didn't want to be friend with a kid like me. Well i'll be lying if i say it didn't hurt. I've admit that i love her. Even though i can't say it out loud but at least i've admit it to myself. So yes, it surely hurts.

"Kim Taeyeon, can you come to my office for awhile?" One day Mr Ok asked me through phone line.

"Okay sir, i'll be right there."

*******************

 

"Please take a seat, Taeyeon-ssi." I complied, taking one of a vacant seat in front of Mr Ok.

"We still have to wait for one more guest. Oh, she's here. Come in, Tiff." Mr Ok said to the person who just entering the room.

"You're asking for me, Sir?" Ah this familiar voice.

"Yes, please take a seat."

"Annyeonghaseyo sunbaenim." I greet her when she's pulling a chair beside me. She looks kind of surprised when she saw me but still manage to composed her expression well.

"Oh, annyeonghaseyo." She replied formally.

"So since the two of you is already here, let's get down into the business. The reason why i'm asking for you two to meet me here is because i want you to attend the meeting with our client. At first i want to send you and Yuri, but since Yuri have to be a mentor for the new employee training program, i can't assign her for this. So Kim Taeyeon, can you take this duty replacing Yuri?" Mr Ok looking at me expectantly.

"Sure, Sir." I answered.

"Good. You guys will be leaving in 3 days. Prepare your passport."

"Wait, we'll be leaving Korea, Sir?" Tiffany is the one who's asking the same question i want to ask, but she beats me.

"Yeah. Our client is a half Korean and half Indonesian. She lives and manage her family business in Indonesia. That's why we need to send you two to meet her there. You and Taeyeon will be staying there for 2 days or 3 at most depends on how fast you can set the deal with her."

"Ah i see." Tiffany nodded.

"Is there any problem with that, Tiff?"

"No no.. nothing. It's fine with me."

"Good then. How about you, Taeyeon-ssi? Any problem?"

"No, me neither. I'm fine with everything."

"Good, now that's settled. You two may go back to your work. Thank you."

____________________

 

(D-day of Taeny leaving)

"Morning, Sunbae." I greet Tiffany once i meet her in front of the airport gate.

"Morning Tae. And stop calling me sunbae. We're not working right now." She smiles a little at me. Now that she told me, when was the last time i comfortably call her by her name? It must be before the my crying incident at her house. Because right after that, slowly we got drifted apart.

"Ah right. So let's get inside and do the check-in, Fany-ah."

"Let's." We both walk together toward the gate while dragging our suitcase.

 

(Inside the airplane)

I keep yawning for numerous times. Since we have an early flight, today and last night i still have pile of documents to be prepared for this meeting with our client, i got lack of sleep. But luckily make up still could hide my darken eyebags.

"Just sleep, Tae if you're sleepy. This flight will take around 7 hours to reach our destination."

"How about you? Won't you be lonely by yourself? What will you do if i'm sleeping?" She smiles and staring intensely at me. She just keep looking straight into my eyes without saying a words. I need to break this staring competition with her or else i might lose my control and leaning closer until i close the gap between our lips.

"Uhmm.. i-"

"Sleep." She gently grab my head with her left hand and placed it to rest on her shoulder. At first my body gets stiffen when my head touched the skin between her shoulder and the crook of her neck. But soon i feel my body relaxing by itself when i sniffed her intoxicating scent and the warmness radiating from her body.

"I'll be fine. I can watch some movies later, or listening to music, or even join you to the dreamland. Your make up might could cover the black spot under your eyes, to make you look alright but your tired eyes gave it away, Tae. It says otherwise. So now sleep as long as you want. I'll wake you up when the food is served."

"T-thank you."

"Hm." She replied shortly and then silence engulfed us. So i take that as a cue to end our conversation, for now. I close my tired eyes, and lean closer to her. This, feels so good. Too comfortable. Can we stay like this forever, Fany-ah?

-----------------

 

"Tae.. Taeyeon-ah.." i heard a soft voice calling for my name.

"Hm?" I asked lazily. I rub my eyes and let out a yawn before opening both of my eyes. That's when i fully awake and realize that i still have my head on Tiffany's shoulder. Her body must be stiffed and numbed by now 'thanks' to me. I immediately sit up properly to end her torture.

"Your food has arrived, kid. Let's eat first and once you full, you can continue your sleep."

"Oh, okay. Thank you for waking me up. And sorry for using your shoulder as my pillow when i was sleeping. Did i hurt your shoulder?"

"Nah, it's okay Tae. I'm fine. Now eat up." She ordered and just like an obedient kid, i obey her command.

"You're not eating, Fany-ah?" I asked her wonderingly when i didn't see her eating her food.

"Not feeling hungry, Tae. I'll eat later."

"You didn't have a time to have a breakfast this morning, did you?"

"Yeah.."

"So now you have to eat, Fany-ah. At least eat some. Your stomach need it even though maybe you're not feeling hungry or lost your appetite right now."

"Um.. later, Tae." I can sense something fishy here. There's no way she could feel not hungry by now. I mean she didn't eat anything since this morning. And now we're almost sit in this plane for 3 hours. We still have 4 hours more to go. And then it hits me.

"Fany-ah, try to take the spoon in front of you." I command sternly. She might be my senior, my superior at work but now, she's a friend so i'm not scared to give her some orders to do.

"Uh.." she looks kind of hesitant.

"Take it, Fany-ah."

"I-"

"You can't, can you? Because your hand is numbed. All because of me. I'm sorry." I said and hung my head low, avoiding to meet her eyes because i'm feeling guilty for causing her to be in pain like this.

"Hey hey.. i'm fine. It's not a biggie, Tae." She used her another hand to cup my face and bring my eyes to meet hers.

"I'm sorry."

"You're forgiven. Beside my arm just get a little bit numb. It'll get better soon."

"I'll feed you then."

"Eh?"

"And i won't accept no as the answer. Now say 'aaaah'.." i bring the spoon in front of , waiting for her to open it.

"T-tae.."

"Aaahhh?" I'm trying again.

"Aaaahh.." luckily this time she opens and i immediately feed her.

"Good.. That's my sunbae." I grinned at her while preparing for the second spoon. And i keep doing this, feeding her spoon after spoon until her plate is empty and clean. After cleaning up the mess on h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter