One stormy day

Yeppeun Sunbaewa Na (Beautiful Senior and I)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

(Taeyeon's POV)

"H-hye..ri???" i asked in surprised.

"how are you, Taeyeon-ah?" she asked me after we broke the hug. i blinked few times, still in daze while looking at the taller girl in front of me. well, i think everyone is taller than me but Hyeri, the person who stands in front of me right now. she has changed. i mean look at her face, the innocent girl that always showed me her bare face without care putting any make up on, now she has turned into a very beautiful young lady. her long straight hair has disappear replaced by that short brown hair which make her looks more mature and lady-alike. she always be that skinny girl but now she has gained more fat which is good because her body is look more proportional right now. her old self is kind of worrying me because she was too skinny. now is better. her sense in fashion too, whoa..since when our hyeri become this fashionista girl? i know she always one step ahead of me when it comes to fashion thingy, it was always like that, but now she's like two or even ten steps ahead of me. if i have to describe the new her in front of me right now with only one word it must be 'gorgeous'.

"i-i'm fine, thank you." damn the stutter!

"hahaha, why you're so awkward with me? i'm Hyeri. Lee Hyeri. your cute Hyeri." she laughed.

"sorry, i just didn't expect it to meet you here. so how are you?" I said after regaining back my composure.

"i'm fine, thanks for finally asking." she teased.

"*scoff* i think we have a lot to catch up. Please come in." i open the door wider and step aside so she can walk in.

"Hm..still the same." she said once she steps inside my house.

"huh? what the same?"

"this. your house. still look as the same as what i could remember the last time i visited. that was like 4? No. 5 years ago?"

"yeah, my mom never want to make any big changes to this house."

"well that's good. it's like keeping the memory to stay fresh in our mind."

"yeah, so many things happened in this house. so many memories that i held dearly in my mind happened here."

"you mean, like the memories of us?" she cutely smirk at me while wriggling her eyebrows. guess that one did not change. only her who can still manage to look cute and innocent even though she's smirking like that.

"yeah. that one too.." i smiled.

 

*flashback*

(Author's POV)

"you have to stop seeing him. you already have boyfriend for gummy bear's sake!" the shorter girl with onyx eyes said with frustration. her best friend is laying close beside her while looking at the white ceiling above them. the two are resting inside the shorter's girl room after the tired long day they had in school.

"it's true that i already have a boyfriend, but keep meeting Woohyunie is not a sin. Woohyunie is just a friend, for me. Well i mean i don't know how he sees our friendship is and whether he has a special feeling for me or not. BUT as for me, i, completely, totally, only see him as a friend. Not more not less. can't i spend my time with my friend?" The skinny girl defending herself.

"whatever, i'm too tired trying to knock some sense into your head. do whatever you want. just don't come to me with tears when your boyfriend finds out about you and that Woohyun guy."

"okay. Besides i won't cry for him, Tae. never. i will only cry for one person and you know who."

"what? i don't know who is that person?"

"pabo, don't act like you don't have a clue about it." Hyeri pinched her best friend's waist and causing the victim to yelp in pain.

"and you shouldn't lecturing me about cheating on my boyfriend with Woohyun because come to think about it, the 'cheating' term is more suitable to use on you, on us."

"why me? what's wrong with us?"

"again, stop pretending to be clueless or i'm gonna pinch you again in that weak spot of you."

"hahaha, okay then i give up. but technically we're not cheating because i'm just your best friend and he is your boyfriend."

"right, we're best friend that love to act like lover. because i highly doubted it, that best friends would do the things we do."

and just like always, those 2 ends up cuddling in each other's embrace accompanied by some stolen kisses in here and there.

********************

 

"i'm sorry, i have no option, Tae. i have to move abroad with my family. just please promise me that we will still keep in touch no matter what."

"stop saying sorry. it's not your fault, Hyeri-ah. and yes, i promise we will keep in touch with each other."

"i will hate you so much if you break our promise, Kim Taeyeon." Hyeri starts to sob, making the shorter girl to feel the burning pain in her chest for seeing the girl she loves so much crying in front of her.

"ssttt, stop crying. don't make it harder for me please? saying goodbye to you is hard enough. but having the image of you crying as the last memory in my head before we parted is more painful than the goodbye itself. so please stop crying and be strong, Hyeri-ah. smile for me, hm?" the shorter girl heartbreakingly plead while trying hard to prevent her own tears from falling.

"fine, i'll stop crying. for you. you know how much i love you right, Tae?"

"yes, i know. and you too right? you know how much i love you right?"

"yeah. thank you for never fail showing me how much you love me. best friend forever?"

"forever and more." Taeyeon asnwered with no hesitation.

so that's how the two 'best friends' had sadly to parted. and promise were made to be broken right? in the first few months, the two has constantly chatting and calling each other every day. then months passed, followed by years. and slowly but sure, the intensity of their communication getting lesser and lesser and none of them know the reason why. maybe because they both have their own business to do, maybe they both have so many things to take care of like family, school stuff, new friends, new life. luckily those two never hate each other, nor blaming each other for forgetting their promise. both understand that some things are not meant to keep, and maybe, just maybe, one of them is their promise. but with holding no grudge, both move on with their life. continuing their life and looking forward for the day when their paths will get crossed again.

 

*Present Time*

(Back to Taeyeon's POV)

"will you stay for good this time?" i asked Hyeri. guess we have lost the track of time because without i realize, i already sitting here in my living room while talking non stop with my old friend for almost one hour. who can blame us? we have so many things to catch up. and the awkwardness that i felt ealier has long gone and replace by this warm comfortable feeling.

"nah, i'm just on holiday so my parents and i decide to spend few days in Jeonju, meeting old friends and family here."

"ah i see. When will you go back to Canada then?"

"next week. i'll be staying here until Monday, and then go to Seoul before go back to Canada on Saturday."

"I see. hey, i live in Seoul now. so don't be hesitate to come and visit me there okay?"

"whoaa, that sounds like a plan. i'll contact you again when i'm in Seoul so we can meet up."

"good." i smiled and make an 'okay' sign with my hand.

"Taeyeon-ah, the foods are ready. come eat before it gets cold, and bring Hyeri too." my mom said, half yelling from the kitchen.

"alright, mom!" i shouted back, afraid she might didn't hear my response and scold me later for not immedia

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter