Business Trip - Last part

Yeppeun Sunbaewa Na (Beautiful Senior and I)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

*author's note: i know lately i keep using Tiffany's POV when the title of this story is 'pretty senior and i.' so we supposed to read this story from Taeyeon's POV but i need to use Tiff's for the sake of the story. I'm sorry hope you guys don't mind. I'll put it back to Tae's POV when the time is right, kay?

 

(Tiffany's POV)

"what will be your answer, is it a yes or a no, if i ask you to be my lover for real, Fany-ah?"

. Stupid heart. Why beats so fast? She's just asking you a 'what if' question. She must be joking right now. But why those onyx eyes look so sincere?

"Taeyeon-ah, i-"

*ring ring*

"Uh.. your phone is ringing, Tae." I told her because she seems not realize that her phone is ringing loudly right now.

"Oh! Wait a sec." She said and searching for her phone inside her bag. Fiuh~ saved by the phone.

"yoboseyo oppa? MWO??!" Her loud voice really surprised me. I look at her shocked face, while trying to guessing what the person on the other line just told her and causing her to yelled in surprised like that. I mean Taeyeon is a person who always talk calmly despite her anger is rising or her mood is dropping. She always act calm and composed just like her name. So when she raised her voice, then we can conclude something really serious just happened.

"I- i'll be right there s-soon. Ne." She hung up the phone.

"What happen Tae?" I asked worriedly.

"My mom. She.. she's in the hospital right now. She.. got a heart attack." She said painfully weak making my heart clenching in pain for seeing her in this state. Where is the calm and strong Taeyeon that i know?

"Oh Tae.." with no hesitation i pulled her into my embrace. I use my right hand to patting her head softly, trying to calm her down.

"I'm sorry. Is she alright?" I asked while my hand keep her soft hair non stop.

"Oppa said she is conscious now and taking a nap. But still i.."

"Ssshhh. She'll be alright.. Anyway oppa? What oppa?" Tiffany Hwang Miyoung, is that even necessary?! what oppa? you and your jealousy issue. At the time like this you still can manage to feel jealous? Really? I mentally smacked myself.

"My brother." She shortly explains.

"Ah i see." I said in relief.

"I will go back to Korea tonight." She suddenly stated and breaking the hug.

"What? Tonight?" I asked in disbelief. I mean it's almost midnight by now in Indonesia. Is there even a flight to Korea at this time? I doubt it.

"Taeyeon-ah. I know you're worry for your mom. But can you wait at least until morning? I will help you to buy the ticket and others. I promise."

"Thank you, Fany-ah but i don't think i can wait any longer. I have to see my mom immediately and make sure with my very own eyes that she's really fine. I- i already lost my dad, Fany-ah. I can't lose her too. I c-can't." She starts to sob. Oh my God, why it hurts so much to see her crying in front of me?

"Taeyeon-ah.." i pulled her again into my embrace, i can feel the dampness on my clothes because of her tears but of course i don't mind.

"Ssshhh.. Okay okay, let's get inside my room first. We'll search for the airplane ticket for you. You're going to meet your mom soon so please stop crying now. C'mon~" i hold her hand and slowly leading the way inside my room.

********************

 

"I'm sorry, Tae. I really hope i can fly back to Korea today to accompany you. But Im Yoona hasn't sign the contract yet and i-"

"I understand." She puts her index finger on my lips and successfully making me to shut my mouth tightly.

"Instead of you, i think it's me who need to apologize. I have to leave you here all alone by yourself and let you to finish our job alone. I'm such a bad hoobae, am i?" She chuckled bitterly.

"Yaahh, it's okay Tae. I understand your situation. Family is more important than anything."

"And i'm sorry for keeping you awake. You should have few hours sleep by now if it's not because of me. You better sleep now, Fany-ah."

"No, it's okay. I'm not sleepy yet." I lied.

"Said the person who keeps yawning secretly behind me? Haha i saw it, Fany-ah." She playfully pokes my cheek lightly with her index finger, causing me to blushing more because she's not only caught me lying but also because of her touch on me.

"Now sleep. I'll just resting in my room for awhile before do the packing and others. I will go to the airport in 2 hours. So sleep now, Sunbae-yah." She gently pushed me by the shoulder to make me laying flat on the bed.

"Can you accompany me until i fall asleep?" I out of the blue plead shamelessly. I, myself don't even realize it, since when did i become such a clingy and spoiled woman? I always be that mature and independent woman, but now everything has change. Or more like this new side of me will show up whenever i'm with Taeyeon and Taeyeon only.

"Sure." She smiles and positioning herself to laying close beside me.

"Take care of yourself, kay? If there's a scary suspicious man approaching you, just scream as loud as you can and run. Got it?"

"HAHAHAHAHA" she let out her infamous ahjumma laugh. She laugh so hard until tears are coming out from her eyes.

"Yah!" I slap her stomach in annoyance. I mean, what so funny? I don't get it.

"Hahaha.. sorry.  I was just.. nothing." She chuckled.

I pout and turn my back on her, sulking.

"Hey.. don't be mad." She touch my shoulder, trying to make me turn my body to my original position, but i resist.

"I'm sorry." She said cutely while her hand keep caressing my back softly.

"So can you tell me why you're laughing like that?" I asked her and finally willing to face her again.

"You.." she began while using her index finger to poke the tip of my nose.

"Me what?"

"You're just worrying too much. I'll be fine. I'm not a 5 years old kid you know. Hehe.. i'll be fine on my own. But still thank you for the concern."

"Hm.." i answered sleepily then let out a yawn. My eyeslids feels heavier.

"Sleep." She my hair and causing me to feel sleepier than before.

"Sleep tight, love." That was the last thing i heard from her before i drifted to my dreamland. But did she really said that? love? or i'm just hearing things? Misheard maybe?

********************

 

"Hello, how are you today?" I can't help but to let my lips curved upward when i hear her voice from the other line.

For the past 2 days i have constantly making a phone call to Taeyeon at least twice a day. In the lunch break time and at night before i go to sleep. She took 5 days off to take care of her mom in Jeonju. At first her mom was hospitalized in one of hospital in Seoul but after 2 days, the doctor said she already well enough to be dismissed but still need to have a proper bedrest at home. Being a good daughter she is, Taeyeon insists to take care of her mom at least for few days. So after her mom being dismissed from hospital, she accompany her mom back to Jeonju and stay there for awhile. Her mom have told her not to worry too much and shouldn't take so many day off just for taking care of her but again, Taeyeon insists and nothing can change her mind once she already made a decision.

Missing her is an understatement. Because it's not merely a longing feeling but way stronger than that. For these past 2 days, plus 1 day when she has to g

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter