Armor Down ⚔

Love Comes in Different Forms

“You should slow down,” TaekWoon called out at the young man riding his midnight-black stud in front of him. He wasn’t too far away and if anything would happen TaekWoon and his loyal war-trained rumack could catch easily, but here he was worrying about the brunette who seemed as if not hearing him at all.

 

“Sire,” he sped his horse up and was next to the male he was set to protect both with his duty and with his heart. “It would be the best if you would not speed ahead,” he said and the bespoken male looked at him with a mischievous grin on his face.

 

“Do you really think there can be danger near?” he asked looking at the open field around them and the edge of the forest they were heading to. The sun played in his chestnut brown locks, his smooth skin glowing and if TaekWoon wouldn’t know about his witty mind, him being keen on learning and striving to one day lead an army to a great cause, he would just look like another royallity, another prince with no real purpose.

 

“Danger can appear even in most safest places,” he raplied as a matter of fact, earning a curious tilt of the head from the other.

“Aren’t you here to protect me then?” he asked, his doe eyes staring right at TaekWoon and he thanked the gods the young male was not his opponent in a battlefield as he would miserably lose against a gaze like this.

 

“I will protect you with my life,” TaekWoon replied. It was his duty, it was his task and even if it wouldn’t be, he would not hesitate even for  moment to protect the male who was looking at him with the softest smile playing on his lips.

 

“Then I should be more careful. We can’t risk your life, now can we?” he smiled whilst his eyes showed a tint of concern and remained less than a step away from TaekWoon all the way to their destination. He greeted people on the way with a smile, never being arrogant and distant. He halted his horse so children could pet it and if not his own desire to reach the little creek in the woods, he would have stayed with the bright little boys and girls until he had to return to the castle. The people - his future nation - loved him and one day he would make a great, fair and smart king.

 

As soon as they entered the forest where no one could see them especially mid day when people worked on fields, it was noticeable how anxious the prince became, speeding forward a bit more to reach a spot hidden by tall trees and bushes only two people knew about. He jumped off his horse as soon as the creek became visible between the trees, guiding it through the brushwood to the clearing, TaekWoon following close behind.

 

“Finally,” he let out a breath and took off his royall cape, hanging it on the saddle of his horse, the light chest and leg armour and the sword at his side following. The royal attire gone he remained in a light hit tunic and simple pants, looking, strangely, even better than before. He looked younger, he looked free and the moment he turned to TaekWoon who was tying their horses to a tree near the creek, wind rustling his hair, he looked etherally happy.

 

He took the few needed steps to TaekWoon, his arms going around the shoulders of the slightly taller and broader male, his lips pressing against TaekWoon’s shortly, as the helmet the latter was wearing didn’t allow much. It was impossible for TaekWoon to keep a response back, but he had to, he always had to at least try.

 

TaekWoon place his hands on the brunettes middle, feeling his heated skin through the thin fabric, and pushed him away. “Don’t. Sire, you know this is not right…”

 

“Stop calling me like that now that we are alone. I have a name, TaekWoon,” the male in front of TaekWoon spoke, his soft yet deep voice ringing in TaekWoon’s ears. The latter had yet again entered a battle field where no armour could help him get through, no strategy would work.

 

“HongBin…” TaekWoon let the name he was not supposed to say slip past his lips. “We can’t continue this. It’s dangerous for you. You will have to be a king… if someone sees you with me...”

 

“I don’t care,” HongBin shook his head. “Here I am not a heir and you are not a knight. I am HongBin and you are TaekWoon,” he spoke and his delicate fingers began to undo the ties of TaekWoon’s armour and the later did not fight back. He had to, but he couldn’t force himself to do so.

 

The heavy chest armour was taken off his upper body, leg armour following, his sword an arm's reach away resting against a tree. A knight should never let anyone strip him from his armour, but there TaekWoon was even anticipating for HongBin to take take the last piece of puzzle - his helmet - off as he always left it last.

 

The brunette reached his hands up, carefully taking the last piece of armour off, placing it down next to the rest. He run his soft hands over TaekWoon’s cheeks and then into his blond locks, letting the strands to freely fall through his fingers as he smoothed them away from TaekWoon’s face.

 

“No armour, no titles, no society to put as in norms - just HongBin and TaekWoon,” HongBin said and even though TaekWoon’s body, now free from the cage of the armour, ached to hold the man before him, he still held back. Yet he couldn’t hold up his defenses for long.

 

Since day one when he was a young apprentice was placed to guard the new heir TaekWoon had never found the strength to say no to HongBin. He couldn’t the resist the smile, the eyes, the voice, the witt, the mind, the kind soul; how he was asked, requested to do something rather than ordered, how he was viewed almost as an equal, how the cute boy growing into a handsome young man. He was incapable of denying other’s affection and love and not showing his own despite how much it was against the code. HongBin took all of his defenses, all of his armour down literally and figuratively and TaekWoon always gave in.

 

HongBin’s lips pressed against his again and he didn’t hold back a response, their lips falling into a sync of their own, their tongues meeting, bodies colliding. Yes, now they were just HongBin and TaekWoon until the armour would be back on, but even then something wouldn’t change - under the armour, under their duties, they would still be the same, still a wrapped up in each other as they were alone.

 

___________________________________________________________________________________________

CHECK OUT: VIXX fic list; Steal Heart; Twitter; Tumblr; Instagram; hongbinstaekwoon’s LeoBin drabbles

Subscribe, comment, up-vote and share!

A part from my drabble project to fix my writers block and get back to writing serious, lengthy things. Prompt sent in by @ KasaiGin . Check out how you can submit yours HERE.

P.S I think TaekWoon would look dope in a Roman centurion helmet with his features and intensity of his gaze.