The Needed Sleep ♬

Love Comes in Different Forms

TaekWoon turned in his sleep, his arm casually, like every night, reaching ever to his right to rest on the person sleeping next to him. His body was already moving a little closer, just to stop at cold sheets greeting him. The owner of the empty spot had been held out by his schedules… again. It was not out of the ordinary, it was not like TaekWoon himself had never had schedules up till middle of night, but not until dawn.

 

The blond reached for his phone, the bright display making him to close his eyes for a second. It was a bit over 3AM and it was not okay, it was not fair that the younger wasn’t home yet, tucked under a blanket and gathering his strengths for a new day with dance practices, show recordings, fan signs, radio shows and more filming of his drama.

 

It was, without a doubt, great he could showcase himself and seriously take on acting like he wanted since debut days, but was it worth it? He couldn’t enjoy his success if he was tired, now could he?

 

TaekWoon sat up, letting out a loud yawn, and stood up. He had a hope the brunet could be sleeping on the couch in the living room, not wanting to disturb anyone, but he couldn’t know it until he checked.

 

He lazily dragged his feet to the door, putting his hand on the handle and only then hearing water running in the kitchen. The tall blond walked in the living room, his eyes falling on the small hallway and the shoes standing there. Usually they were simply throw here and there, everyone too tired to place them neatly, but now they were standing in two neat rows - 6 pairs in total.

 

The couch was empty and TaekWoon sauntered to the kitchen and, of course, there he was. The sleeves of his white dress shirt rolled up, jacket resting on one of the chairs at the table, his hands working on a pot TaekWoon himself didn’t wash after cooking. His bistre brown hair falling over his forehead in soft arch, his eyes dark and tired, yet oddly still full of life with the unique sparkle only they possessed. Light makeup from filming was still on his face, yet the dark circles slowly broke through the thin layer of concealer. And yet there he was - washing the stupid pot TaekWoon left in the sink.

 

“What are you doing?” TaekWoon asked and the younger jumped a little and then turned to TaekWoon with soft, a bit tired smile on his lips.

 

“You know dishes in the sink irk me,” he said as a matter of fact and TaekWoon knew that well enough. Dirty dishes, laundry everywhere shoes thrown around and general mess - it all annoyed the brunet, but up till now TaekWoon hadn’t noticed he completed his little ‘house fairy’ duties even in the middle of night when dead tired.

 

“Go to sleep, HongBin,” TaekWoon took the few needed steps forward, turned the faucet off and took the pot from HongBin’s. He was still sleepy himself and he had to put extra attention in not dropping it, but he managed well.

 

“Have you eaten?” he asked to the younger who was snow wiping his hands.

 

“Ummm… I ate, yeah,” he replied unconvincingly and took his jacket from the chair, revealing a new part of the script sitting on the same chair.

 

“When?” TaekWoon put the pot he now detested away and asked, not being pleased with the answer at all.

“What time is it now?” HongBin asked, his eyes looking drowsy, his usually bright form a bit sad looking this early in the morning, tiredness written all over it.

 

“Almost 3:30AM,” TaekWoon replied and he could the by the expression on other’s face the answer would not please him at all. He had been in the same place almost - working for nights in the studio, but a fairy would always stop by with something at least bought in the convenience store or even more drag him home. TaekWoon on the other hand was lacking in this aspect.

 

“I had something for dinner. Don’t worry. I can’t eat this late anyway,” HongBin smiled a little and walked to the bedroom, TaekWoon following him with his eyes, just to return with pyjamas and disappear in the bathroom for a while. That was a good sign, he was about to sleep and even few hours could be essential.

 

TaekWoon walked to the bedroom, crawled under his blanket and waited for the younger to join him soon, yet he remained writing long after the water in the shower had stopped. He got up from his warm bed place again and walked to the living room where, surprisingly and not surprisingly at the same time, HongBin was sitting on the couch and going through the script. This was the last straw.

 

TaekWoon walked across the room with big steps and took the script from HongBin’s hands, earning a small ‘hey’. He threw it on the couch next to the younger and grabbed the latter's hand, pulling him up from his seat and straight across the room. He ignored protests, claims he had to re-read the script one more time, that TaekWoon’s shouldn’t worry and let go of HongBin’s hand only when they were in the room, the door closed behind them.

 

Keeping in mind his strength, TaekWoon pushed HongBin down on his bed, quickly crawling next to him before the confused brunet could react. He wrapped his arms securely around the younger and pulled a blanket over them in the process.

 

“Hyung, what are you doing?” HongBin finally snapped out, already in the unbreakable trap that was TaekWoon’s embrace.

 

“Making sure you get some sleep,” TaekWoon replied simply. This was something he could do and something he should have done much earlier.

 

“I can sleep in my place, you know,” HongBin tried to make a point, but TaekWoon didn’t budge at all.

 

“When I would fall asleep you would sneak out to read the script, right?” the blond asked straightforward. There was a small moment of silence before HongBin nodded once.

 

“Sleep,” TaekWoon didn’t say anything more and just shifted his and HongBin’s bodies in a way they fit next to each other even better than before, which was almost impossible. It was always fascinating how they fit together.

“Hyung,” HongBin spoke after a moment, receiving a hum as sign TaekWoon wasn’t sleeping yet. “Thank you,” he said in sleep thick voice and TaekWoon hummed again, holding the younger a bit tighter, even though it was just for few hours.

 

 

___________________________________________________________________________________________

CHECK OUT: VIXX fic list; Steal Heart; Twitter; Tumblr; Instagram; hongbinstaekwoon’s LeoBin drabbles

Subscribe, comment, up-vote and share!

I really love that HongBin is in a serious drama, but I am also worried he will end up drained. I wish I could tuck him under a blanket and tell him to rest. /sigh/