INSECURITY…

STORY OF AN YG GIRL

A rumor is circulating in the company about the creation of a new women's group and this put a lot of pressure on female recruits. I am perhaps the only one who did not care because I the latest rookie since I'm here and I do not even know if I want debuted as an idol. It’s been a few months since I was accepted and started training with others. What was more is a surprising thing is that I could finally made four friends to the delight of my uncle and Jay oppa. At first it was hard because I'm a bit distant and I do not talk much. During the first months, I was always alone in my corner that be in the cafeteria or during my lessons, but that changed when four girls have sat at the same table with me to eat. At first they remained silent only speaking among themself and little by little, I felt more comfortable with them and now have is inseparable. I do not talk a lot which does not bother them because they know that I have a good ear and I'm there to comfort them because I am one of the oldest. It's funny to see that the top five recruits in their field finds themselves to be friends and I even thought it was because of my talents that they have accepted me into their group, but reassured me that this was not the case.

¤¤¤

It was our dance classes and Jae Wook-ssi was watching us dance by correcting we needed when the door opens. It is surprising to see YG sajangnim enter with the other officer of the company, including the other company CEO and my other uncle, Yang Min-Suk. It sounds strange, but this is the first time I see it since my audition and I holding myself not to smile. Is about to be bent but they tell us we can continue. We finished choreography and Jae Woo-ssi stops the music. It bows to the two sajangnim and leaders before they give us a break while they talk to the choreographer. YG samchon demand our attention and so we sit facing him.

"I'm sure you've heard the rumor about the creation of a women's group," he starts to say and it shakes the whole head. "I'm here to tell you that it's true and you talk about our plans."

Dozens of girls look in wondering who will be the lucky ones to be selected. He continues to say that the band members have not yet chosen, and their debut would be in another year. Min-Suk sajangnim speaks saying we will be separated into small groups and that we each have a small project. Each team will find a group name, scene names, decided their positions and find a song. The groups will perform in front of all the artists and the executives of the company who will vote for the best group.

"The winning group would have the chance to start in one year" finally said YG sajangnim. "Throughout the year we will be filming the progress of girls just like YG TV and reaction of the public shall we say if the group is ready to start or not."

"When you choose your team, make sure to make the right choose." added Min-Suk sajangnim. "Think about what that person can relate to your group because those choose can make you lose this opportunity of debuting. You have the day you find a group and submit the names to Jae Wook who will deliver them to us. Good luck everyone."

It bows to the leaders before they leave the room and Jae Wook-ssi leaves us the rest of the day off to allow us to choose our teams. All the girls get together and try to convince others to join them. I watch a bit before taking my things and go out to find another dance studio where I can keep practicing. The door opens and I can see the reflection of my four friends who enter. They watch me finish my choreography before approaching me. They know me well know that since I hate to disturb me while I dance.

"We knew we would find you here, Lily" said Sae Hee, the oldest and who was considered somewhat as the leader of our group. "Disappointed that Jae Wook-ssi let us go earlier?

"A little ..." I said. "And you guys? I imagine you'll form a group throughout the four, right? "

"No, all five of us, eonni…" Akira says, the first half Japanese of the company.

"Really?" I said, pulling the blow by seeing who was the fifth, but not seeing. "Who is the fith?"

"Obviously you eonni" said the youngest of the group, Mila. "We want to make you part of our group. We need you, eonni and without you, we could do anything. "

"You're all talented, you do not need me," I said, smiling. "There are recruits who are more experienced than me and who have been here longer."

"It may be true, eonni" said Ji-Yoon, the second youngest. "But you have a lot of experience in several areas ..."

"We want you Lily, and that's all." Sae Hee said.

I look at them, sigh seeing their eyes begging me and hopeful to accept. They make me smirks knowing that I could not bear to see them like that and they know that I will not be long before I accept. They are right because I finally agreed, asking me what I'm getting, but I smiled on seeing them jump for joy. We decide to go to the cafeteria to grab a bite and talk some more of our group. We sit at a table with our tray of food and starts talking while eating. Since I'm their eonni, I decided to take the initiative to put our ideas on paper and I begin to lose myself in my ideas while I note things on paper.

"Eonni, are you okay?" Mila wonder in seeing me lost in my thoughts and it makes me go back to the reality.

"Sorry, what were you saying?" I asked them, seeing all eyes on me.

"We were trying to find a group name" said Sae Hee. "But I think you found it..."

I look at the sheet that is now completed and I realize I've found a name, unconsciously. YGIRLS which is pronounce as Why Girls and there YG in the name. I'm surprised by seeing my dongsaengs agree with the idea and they say it represents us since we are the new female group YG. Now that we have a name, the rest is easier and we found our positions quite easily almost. Since I am not only talented in dance, but singing and rapping, I was not sure where to put me. When I told them was that I wanted to be the second dancer, they all immediately said that I would be better as a principal dancer, but I told them I'd rather give to our maknae position since it is just as talented as me in domain. Sae Hee eonni becomes Sae and she's of course our leader in addition to being the main rapper. Akira is now Kira or Aki and she’s the lead rapper besides being a sub-dancer. Ji-Yoon is Jiyo or J.Y and is our main vocalist and a sub- dancer. Hye Sun also kwon has Mila has found another nickname has Hi Sun and she's obviously our maknae and the main dancer. I, Lily am the lead dancer and vocalist in addition to being a sub-rapper. I have yet to find another nickname except perhaps for Hyo, but I find it a little too masculine. I decided to transcribe our final ideas with a little explanation for our group name. Our table was freed after finished eating to go get our sheet Jae Wook-ssi who is in the practice room with the rest of Hi-Tech and Big Bang to practice. We salute our sunbaes politely while the choreographer read our sheet with Jay oppa.

"YGirls? Where did you get that name?" he asks us, surprised.

"It was eonni who got the idea" said Kira. "She found it unconsciously since she was just as surprised as we are."

"It is pronounced like Why Girls" I said. "I decided to include YG in with the" Y "to" Why "and the" G "of" Girls ". We will be the new female group YG. "

"That sounds good to the ears and it's catchy" remark made Seungri oppa.

"They even found a name for their future fan and color," says TOP oppa who is reading the sheet with the rest of Big Bang and dancers.

Oh yes? What is it?" Daesung oppa asks.

"Aces and color is silver" shows him TOP oppa. "Ha ha ha Aces as number 1 ..."

I lower my head because it's me who found this name and I feel judged. I nibble lips laugh and seeing everything I want to do is take the sheet and the torn and start over. I put my headphones on my ears and I'll sit in a corner a bit before going out quietly from the room. I absentmindedly walking in the company for at least an hour and I do not notice the two presence in front of me just in time as I dash to them. I lower my head and apologize before continuing my journey, but a hand on my shoulder makes me stop. I look up to see Teddy oppa and Se7en oppa. They ask me if I'm okay and I nodded absently. Teddy oppa asked me to follow him and I do not have a choice to do what he asks me, sighing. We meet in his studio and he let me in before closing the door behind us. I stand as they go sit on the coach and they notice saying my gaze is fixed in the distance. They wonder if something happened to me and are about to say something when Teddy oppa receives a call on his cell.

"Yes, she is with me and Dong Wook" he said looking at me. "Yes, I'll talk to him, do not worry ..."

"What happened hyung?" the singer Asks. "Who was that?"

"This is Jayden and seeks Lily" he said. "It seems she went out hurriedly out of their dance studio and everyone is worried because they do not have them from him for over an hour."

Se7en oppa slowly approaches me and puts a hand on my shoulder which startled me. I returned to reality and I see their worried looks. Seeing the time, I realize that it's been over an hour since I left the dance hall and the other must be looking for me. I am about to leave for the recovered when a hand stops me again.

"Lily, is everything all right?" Wonder Se7en oppa in leading me to sit together on the sofa.

"Yes sunbaes, why?" I asked him, not knowing what to say.

"Because you seem really distracted," said Teddy oppa. "It's not in your habit of escape you for hours ... And this is the first time you use the term" sunbae "with us. What’s wrong Lily? You know you can tell us anything. "

It is true that the only two people I do not use the term "sunbae" and I call them only oppa and I nibble my lips not knowing what to say. I lower my head and I play with my hands without a word. My two oppas stare saying that something has seriously disturbed me for me to act that way. I decided to tell them about my fears and everything. They listen to me in silence just to finish it while I talk.

"Tell me Lily, why have you agreed to be in their group?" Teddy asks me.

"Because I was afraid of disappointing the only friends I've ever had." I said, hanging his head. "I was afraid that if I refuse, they decide that our friendship will not bother and I find myself alone again."

They look at me surprised of my solitude realizing they do not really know anything about me except that I am the niece of their boss. They thought I was someone filled with strong talent, but no. Before them, it is a fragile young and only daughter.

"I know a part of you is insecure," said Se7en oppa. "You came here without a single thought of being a recruit for your uncle let alone become an idol. But now you find yourself to be a recruit just days after you arrived. But after a few months you make you friendly and they make you realize a new vision that life can offer you. A part of you want to have this adventure with your new friends in the world of celebrities, but you are too insecure to really see it."

Everything oppa said is true and I make me sigh. I put to tremble a little insecure and nervousness to the point started scratching my wrist. They notice my gesture and they are surprised to see blood. Se7en oppa keeps my hands shaking and they panic both saw tears in her eyes. The singer holds me in his arms to calm down during Teddy oppa called Jay oppa and YG hyung realizing that the situation degenerated. A few minutes later, the door opens and Jay oppa enters followed by YG samchon and my friends. They are all surprised to see me in tears in the arms of oppa, but especially seeing Teddy oppa who’s cleaning the blood off my arms. Jay comes up to me and makes me turn to him for consideration me. He looks at me worried because it has been some time that I did not react like that. He knows it's a bad habit I took of scratching my wrist to the point of bleeding every time I'm nervous or insecure.

"I thought you had stopped" he said softly. "What is happening to you're so insecure that? Is it due to the reviews of Big Bang? "

"I do not know if I inherit me a place among this talented group," I said looking at my four dongsaengs. "I do not know if my place is here ... What people say about me?"

"Lily ..." Sae starts to say, surprised that I am so insecure. "You know, we do not want to force you to be part of our group. If you want continued to be a rookie without becoming an idol, it causes no problem to anyone especially not us. "

"Yes it's true, eonni" said the maknae. "We do not break our friendship because you do not have the same ambitions as us. We are there for you as you have for us. We are a family here even if you are an idol or not. "

I look at them all and I finally realized what is to be in a real family. I relax to their great relief and I bend me to ask for forgiveness to have them cared much. The girls shake me in their arms reassure better and I have adults watching with a smile is true that a united group. This is where I realized that Se7en oppa is right and I really want this journey to the world of celebrities with them.

"Well, let’s go prepare choreography" said Sae and I follow them after we politely greeted our seniors.

◊◊◊

"What an interesting group ..." YG said smiling after we leave.

"Hyun, you should look at this," said Jay oppa giving him the sheet with all the information that we have written about our group.

"YGirls ... Interesting," he said. "The oldest sacrifices her position for the maknae."

"They already have that unite different groups have started to" Teddy oppa. "I'm curious to see what they have prepared."