Spill

Yixing Next Door
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I'm over at EXO's house again, tidying up Suho's room. He's quite bookish, all these novels, non-fiction and current affair magazines! I'm impressed he's so well-read. The boys are all away for Chinese lessons again, except for Yixing. He's locked himself in to work on his compositions again. Hmm... what should I say when I knock on his door? Ask him how's his day? How's his composition going? If he's hungry? Then I can rustle a snack for him? Ooh! How about I invite him to join me for a snack and drink at the dining room downstairs after I finish tidying up his room?

If it sounds as though I'm desperate to create more opportunities to spend more time with Yixing, indeed that's what I'm up to! Of all the boys in this house, Yixing's the one I speak the least to! Well, Xiumin too, but that's because he's awfully quiet. Chen is always friendly and talkative so he's easy to talk to. Actually most of my conversations with him is basically him leading the conversations! He does most of the talking, wise-cracking and asking questions, sometimes awkward, personal questions. For some reason, he's particularly interested in which EXO member is my favorite. Obviously it's Yixing! But I'm too shy to confess that outright when all 4 pairs of eyes are boring into me, so I just say I don't have a favorite, I like them all! And when Chen gets particularly pesky about it, I just snap that it's someone not in this house! Seriously, why do they care? The have legions of EXO-Ls each. Why do they care who this particular EXO-L likes? It's just one more additional fan to their hundreds of thousands!

Then as for Suho, I think I'm closest to him? In the sense that out of all the boys, I have most opportunities to chat with him? Somehow he's always around? When I clean his bedroom, naturally he'll be inside it, reading and he'll share with me what book he's reading and give me a thorough run-down review on the book and more of his other favorite books. Or he'll be practising his lines and I'll help along again. Thank God, we've passed that awkward hurdle of the previous kissing incident though! Or I'll be dusting the living room and he'll be surfing the TV channels or using his laptop there, saying he prefers the natural light there. Then we'll talk about the current dramas airing and chat about our favorite actors and dramas and memorable scenes and lines. Or I'll be washing the dishes in the kitchen and he'll be fixing himself a snack and asking if I would want one. And I'll join him for a drink and we'll chat about other things in common. Somehow, Suho has a way of making people feel comfortable and he seems very caring. He's indeed the guardian of EXO! And his mannerisms are so familiar, so comfortable...like one's favorite Grandpa! OMG, he's Grandpa Suho alright! And I've gotten used to calling him oppa, as he has insisted and reminded me constantly. He feels like a real oppa to me, a real brother. How lucky of me to have an EXO oppa!

As for Yixing, while the other members are usually mingling in the living room or playing games in the den, he's usually cooped up in his room, working on his composition. Does he ever take a break? I hardly have any chance to see him or interact with him. Bummer! Except when I go knocking on his door to clean his room. But then I'll end up being tongue-tied and not know what to say to him. I'm too attracted to him, so he makes me too nervous. And there's just too much tension! I don't know if it's because I flashed him before or I see him sinfully half- all the god damn time! But I feel this strong whenever I'm in his presence and I don't know how to diffuse it. But it's probably a purely one-sided thingy. Seeing how Yixing seems oblivious to my presence most of the time. When I enter his room to tidy it while he's working, he'll usually just put on his ear phones and continue his work while I tidy up around him. Or he'll excuse himself to take a toilet break or grab a snack so I can tidy up in peace. He seems cheekier when I first met him. Recalled he had this playful vibe when he first introduced himself to me. Why is he so cold now? Wonder what happended?

I'm sick of feeling all excited and nervous to see him and walk away from our encounter fruitless and depressed of our lack of interaction! So today, I'm gonna sum up my courage! Initiate some meaningful conversation! Especially since the rest are not around, I don't have to be conscious of others or careful of Chen popping up anytime to rib. Like Ga Eun said, this golden opportunity is handed to me on a silver platter! Out of so many hundreds and thousands of EXO-Ls, I, alone, have this rare chance to interact upclose on a regular basis with my ultimate bias. I oughta be smite if I don't treasure this opportunity and milk it for all it's worth. Seriously, I'll literally get smitten. By Ga Eun. She threatened to wack me if I don't progress from a mere "Hi-Bye" relationship with Yixing! She constantly reminds me of the things she'll do for and to Sehun if she were in my shoes and Sehun was rooming here. I mean, I'm not hoping to be of anyone significant to Yixing, but I think it'll be nice if we can be friends?  Much like my friendship with Suho? Or even like the jokey relationship with Chen? At least we get to laugh together? Oh, how much I wish to laugh along with Yixing and see his infectious dimpled smile!   

***

Knock, knock. As usual, no response from Yixing. He probably can't hear me from his blasting music. I knock again out of courtesy and slowly push open the door. 

Squeal! Yixing's dancing! There's three panels of portable wheeled mirrors lined up along one side of the wall. When did they set this up? Cool! Well, it's another additional thing for me to clean, but otherwise, cool. I didn't know stuff like this existed. And Yixing's dancing topless, what else, to his reflection in the mirror. He stops in his tracks when he realizes I'm in the room.

"Oh hey, _____." Swoon...I simply adore the way he calls my name. 

"Hi Lay! Please carry on! Don'

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter