Role-play

Yixing Next Door
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Su...ho, what...did... you... lose?" I pant, catching my breath in Suho's room.

"Hmm...lose what? I didn't lose anything?" Suho answers back curiously.

"Kwang...soo...said...you...found... something ...missing in ... your room?" I'm still panting from the mad dash.

"Oh that sly..! No wonder he was so confident he could get you here in a jiffy!" Suho laughs, "Here _____, take a seat, have a sip and catch your breath first".

Suho ushers me to his bedside and sits me down and hands me a warm cup of tea. I sip gingerly from it and look bewilderedly at him, prompting him to explain further.

He nervously rubs the back of his head and continues, "Well, actually, I got a favor to ask of you...I'm having some difficulties rehearsing some lines for my movie script, it's a dialogue between a guy and a girl? So I kinda needa girl to read the opposite lines so I can better immerse myself into the role? Kwangsoo was helping me, but he just makes me laugh, that guy. So he suggested that you help out instead and he even promised me that he could get you over ASAP! But I swear I had nothing to do with his ruse!" Suho raises his hands up innocently.

"Why that bast...buster cousin of mine!" I quickly correct myself. "No wonder he quickly excused himself out of your room the minute I got here! He's so gonna get it from me later!"

"So...can you help? Please? Pretty pretty please?" Suho looks at me sincerely.

"Yeah, sure. Since I'm here already. And I did take up some acting classes recently as extra credit in college." I reply nonchalantly.

"Awesome! So glad you've had some experience acting. Have you done love scenes before?" 

"L...LOVE SCENES?!" I splutter aloud and unconsciously glance over the expansive bed we're sitting on.

Suho follows my glance and catches on, "Oh no no no no! Not that kind of "love scene"!" Cue nervous laughter.

"Much more innocent! I mean, we're EXO afterall! EXO-Ls will go nuts if I ever shoot non-PG scenes! It's still too early! Haha" Suho laughs nervously again as he cast a, what seems like a longing glance at the bed. But he swiftly turns back and continues, "it's a sweet potential love scene? A confessional scene. I'm confessing to the girl I like, hoping to win her over."

"Ah...I see." I breathe a huge sigh of relief. "Yeah, I can do that!"

"Thank you! Thank you so much! Shall we start then?" I nod.

"And I'll be acting along as I read the lines, with gestures and everything. You ok with it?" Suho asks.

"Of course! I'll try to follow along with appropriate gestures too!"

Suho beams brightly and places the script on his lap and we both look down and read along line by line.

Suho: "Jenny, did you enjoy the song I sang and played on the piano for you?" Bwahaha... Suho's supposed smitten look is so smarmy, so cringe-inducing! Don't laugh! Must. Resist. The. Urge. Hold it. Hold it... you can do it... deep breath. Here goes..!

Me: "Yes, it was beautiful. Thank you, Sang Woo"

Suho holds my hand and places them in his palm, and continues: "I... I have something important to say tonight. Something important to tell you." Suho pauses and takes a colossal breath, nostrils flaring. Don't laugh. Don't laugh!

Me: "Go on, what is it?" and I'm supposed to squeeze his hands back reassuringly, and smile. Beatifically.

Suho: "Jenny, from the moment I first saw you, my scenery has been

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter