Last Thing On My Mind

Love Me Harder

"Well..." Hongbin said. "It actually started when I first step foot in the office. You know, when N hyung introduced you all. Leo hyung said it was the same with him." he explained.

 

 

Ravi and Hyuk just nodded. Well, this is awkward, Hongbin thought. Changing the subject was the first thing that came into his mind when he noticed the look on his friends' faces. Hyuk was biting his lip and not looking directly at him and Ravi was looking but the excessive nodding made Hongbin felt like they weren't really prepared to hear them, but only asked to make conversation.

 

 

Thankfully, Hyuk changed the subject.

 

 

"Wow. The coffee here is really great!" Hyuk said after taking a sip off his coffee. Hongbin smiled and felt proud of his noone once again.

 

 

"Of course! You should try their purple potato latte! Leo hyung loved it sooooo much!" Hongbin recommended the purple drink that he ordered for his boyfriend when he first brought him to Sunny Day.

 

 

"That sounds nice! But we already have lattes right now..." Ravi said, staring at his coffee and admiring the now slightly ruined latte art.

 

 

"How about tomorrow?" Hongbin suggested. Thinking of bringing his friends to his special place and finally introducing everyone to Sunny.

 

 

"Let's bring the others! It'll be fun!" Hyuk said, that made Ravi and Hongbin much more excited than before.

 

 

"Oh wait, I gotta buy a latte for Leo hyung." Hongbin excused himself and went to the counter again.

 

 

Hongbin ordered Leo's recent favorite Purple Potato Latte. Again, Sunny insisted on giving it to Hongbin for free but Hongbin insisted that it was for Leo and he should be the one to buy it and not get it for free. Sunny knows everything about Hongbin, that's why when Hongbin mentioned Leo's name and how he should pay for everything he buy for him, she knew exactly what was happening. But as the two of them bicker about what Hongbin should bring his boyfriend, Sunny went silent and was staring past Hongbin. He sensed that something was wrong and was about to turn around when he heard a familiar voice saying his name.

 

 

"Hongbin. Lee Hongbin? Is that you?" the stranger said. It was a man. Although, he wasn't a total stranger to Hongbin. His brows immediatly furrowed when he saw who it was.

 

 

"Lee Cheolwoo..." Hongbin said with surprise, recognition and a hint of regret and sadness in his voice. Recognizing the familiar person standing in front of him

 

 

 

His ex-boyfriend.

 

 

Cheolwoo and Hongbin goes back to Hongbin's first year in SeoulArts. Cheolwoo was a Creative Advertising major and was a year senior to Hongbin. He and Hongbin met when Cheolwoo, being a good looking person with a nice and proportionate body and an eye for style, was asked to participate in a project for Photography freshmen. He was the model assigned to Hongbin. Eventually, they clicked and started hanging out even after the project. They liked the company of each other, and started dating. They dated for a whole 2 years until they had an argument about their careers.

 

 

Cheolwoo was accepted and became a contestant for a Korean franchise of a world-known Modeling Contest/Reality Show. Hongbin wasn't happy when he learned that Cheolwoo will be living with a bunch of other guys and girls who are too good looking that Hongbin, who was good looking himself, felt so insecure of his looks. There was shouting, and a whole lot of words throwing. Eventually, it became an argument over trust. Cheolwoo said that if Hongbin even really trusts him then they wouldn't be having the argument in the first place. But Hongbin said that it's not Cheolwoo who he doesn't trust, it's the people he will be around with for the rest of the competition. Cheolwoo reasoned that being around people is the nature of models and photographers and that Hongbin should learn that and stop being such a clingy person and an introvert.

 

 

Hongbin was hurt. He didn't expect those things to come out of someone he knows well, someone he loves too much. Maybe he doesn't know him that well. Maybe he was blinded by love and failed to see that CHeolwoo became unhappy with their relationship. So he made a decision that will benefit both of them... in a way.

 

 

Hongbin decided to break up with Cheolwoo. The latter was dumbfounded when he heard the words come out of his then-boyfriend. Cheolwoo tried to fix everything, even saying things like he will turn down the slot for the competition and just continue his studies. But Hongbin was unfazed. He said that his decision is final.

 

 

"I want you to chase for your dreams. I don't want to be the one to ruin it for you. I'll just step aside and watch you reach for it. I'll just ruin everything..." Hongbin said, not looking at Cheolwoo who was holding both of his hands. Tears were starting to form on both of their eyes.

 

 

"Don't say that. I want you to be with me when I reach it. I want you to be by my side when I win that competition. I want to dedicate everything that I will be doing to you." Cheolwoo said, tears running down his handsome face. But Hongbin still stands for his decision. He gently removes Cheolwoo's hold on his hands and looked at him.

 

 

With a shaky voice and a tear streaked face, he turned around and said, "You're talking nonsense. You're better off without me...". Hongbin ran out of Cheolwoo's apartment, leaving the other boy taking in what had happened. That night, he received a message from Cheolwoo saying that after the wins the competition and becomes a famous model, he'll earn Hongbin back and they'll start dating and be happy again. It made Hongbin smile but it never happened.

 

 

The last thing Hongbin heard about Cheolwoo was when he became a runner-up of the said show and became a hot topic among fashion show goers and modeling enthusiasts. In a way, he was proud of his ex-boyfriend but was sad because of how he ended their relationship. And now there he was, the famous Lee Cheolwoo, standing in front of him.

 

 

"How are you?" Cheolwoo asked, now a feet away from Hongbin. He was flashing a smile as if nothing terrible happened between them. Well, not exactly terrible but it was not good either.

 

 

Hongbin was about to asnwer but was interrupted when Hyuk called his name.

 

 

"Bin hyung! Leo hyung called! He said he's in your place already! I don't want to know why but I'm getting ideas I don't even want to think of!" Hyuk was shaking Hongbin's phone on the air. Apparently, he forgot it on the table. Hyuk said things that surprised Cheolwoo, made Sunny laugh and make Hongbin's cheeks turn red of embarrassment. TMI, Han Sanghyuk, he thought.

 

 

"I gotta go." Hongbin said to Cheolwoo. Taking the take-outs from Sunny and mumbling a thanks and that he'll be back the next day, and walked past his ex-boyfriend who suddenly appeared at his special place.

 

 

"I'll see you soon!" Cheolwoo called out to Hongbin, smiling when Hongbin turned to look at him.

 

 

 

Hongbin rushed Hyuk and Ravi out of the coffee shop, earning confused looks from his friends. He just walked really fast, with the two others behind him.

 

 

"Hyung!" Hyuk called.

 

 

"Hongbin hyung!" this time, Hongbin heard him. He stopped walking, he turned and faced his friends.

 

 

"What happened back there? You know Lee Cheolwoo?" Ravi started asking questions to a flushed and not-quite-himself Hongbin. And Hyuk was just nodding beside him.

 

 

"Nothing. Yes. My ex-boyfriend." he answered and looked down, avoiding the gaze of his friends. "I gotta go. Leo hyung's waiting. I'll see you tomorrow." Hongbin muttered and smiled at both Hyuk and Ravi. But the two of them knows something was up and he just somehow forced that smile. It may seem like a small matter, but to them it was a big one. If something makes the all-smile Hongbin forget how to smile sincerely, then it's a big problem.

 

 

Hongbin was on the elevator going up to his apartment floor. Still not over the unexpected meeting with Cheolwoo, his mind is a mess and he doesn't know what to say to Leo.

 

 

"The last thing on my mind is to get back with Lee Cheolwoo... Why now? When I'm happy with Leo hyung..." he said to himself as he step out of the elevator when it arrived in his floor.

 

 

"I don't know who Lee Cheolwoo is, but I'm happy that you're happy with me." he heard the familiar soft voice and looked up to see Leo standing just in front of him. The older boy hugged Hongbin tightly and kissed the crown of his head.

 

 

All the worries he's been thinking about vanished and he was left with happiness and love. Happiness that he found in the love given by Jung Taekwoon after a 2 years of lamenting over a lost love.