Purple Potato Latte

Love Me Harder

Hongbin was arranging his cubicle when Ken and Ravi approached him. The two guys are smiling nervously, despite being older than him. Hongbin looked at his seniors with a questioning but polite smile. Ravi let out a nervous laugh and Ken was sighing a lot. These guys either need something for me or wants to talk to me. I might as well start to conversation because it might take a while if I just look at them. Hongbin thought, smiling widely at his seniors who are still standing nervously just outside his cubicle.

 

 

"Excuse me sunbaes, but do you need something?" Hongbin asked, still with the big smile on his face. His deep dimples showing itself to the lucky people around him.

 

"We were just wondering..." Ravi started but Ken finished his sentence for him.

 

"Do you remember us???" Ken asked Hongbin quite excitedly.

 

 

Hongbin was quite surprised at the sudden re-appearance of Ken-jumma. After spending a few days with them, he noticed that the first time he saw Ken was not the "normal" Ken but just a part of Ken's many personas. Hearing Ken-jumma was weird but Hongbin has got to admit, it was quite funny and entertaining.

 

 

"Uhm.... About that... I...." Hongbin was trying not to look at his sunbaes by then. But... "Of course I do! The 75th Anniversary of Batman Art Showcase, right? Our works were put together in one wall. It was a very good sight to look at!" He said, with his usual wide smile that shows his infamous dimples.

 

 

"YES!!!!" Ken threw his arms in the air as a sign of success.

 

"Wow you got a great memory. But please, don't call us sunbaes. Call us hyung. It's not like we're not friends around here." Ravi smiled at Hongbin and fist pumped with him.

 

"That's right! Calling us sunbaes make us sound old!" N suddenly appeared out of nowhere.

 

"Oh out, N hyung! You are old!" Ravi answered and started running away from N who chased him around the RovixMag office.

 

 

Ken and Hongbin were both watching Ravi and N chase each other, when the meeting room door opened and Leo came out of it. He was looking as serious as he usually does. Hongbin looked at him, expecting him to scold Ravi and N but instead he found himself looking at the older guy's eyes. Hongbin felt his cheeks turn red and turned his focus else where. But he heard the soft sweet voice he heard the day he started on his first job.

 

 

"Hongbinie, come with me." Leo, as usual a person of few words, said softly. But not soft enough to be overpowered by the shrieking and chaos going around the office.

 

"Uhm, sure." Hongbin answered and was immediately dragged out by Leo.

 

 

Hongbin followed Leo out and into the streets. Their office building was located in Myeongdong, so the streets were quite busy. Leo was walking fast with his long limbs, so Hongbin had to jog just to be on level with Leo. He tried asking where they're going but Leo just shrugged. But he was not the type to back down.

 

 

"Hyung, if you don't know where we're going why did you dragged me out?" he asked, huffing.

 

"The office was so loud." Leo answered cooly.

 

"You're right." Hongbin pouted and looked around as Leo started walking slowly. "I know!" he exclaimed.

 

"What?" Leo asked, stopped walking and looked at Hongbin expectantly.

 

"I know this coffee shop where they serve lots of tasty coffee and treats. Do you like latte? I really like latte!" Hongbin asked excitedly as he took hold of Leo's hands and guide him towards Sunny Day Coffee Shop.

 

 

 

Leo looked at his hand that was currently being held by Hongbin. He felt his cheeks turn red but shook it out. Hongbin got him at latte so he decided to just go with it. He was the type of person who's day is not complete if he didn't get his daily dose of coffee. He looked at the younger boy and smiled. 

 

 

 

"Welcome to Sunny Day Coffee Shop!" Hongbin said excitedly when they arrived at a dimly lit but decorated very brightly (not flashy but happy) coffee shop. "This shop is owned by a noona I know. I've been hanging out here since I started college. They make the best latte in Myeongdong! Come inside, I'll order something." once again, Leo was being dragged by the younger.

 

 

Hongbin guided Leo to a corner table and left to order their lattes. Leo has never seen anything like this place before. Most coffee shops are either very gloomy, or too cutesy. Although, Leo admits, he can be quite cute at times, he's not into that kinds of things. If he ever enters one of those coffee shops, he'll just order and leave right away after receiving his latte. But this shop is different. Leo can feel the bright personality of the owner and judging by how the staff greets and talks to the customers, they are, as well, bright people. He can feel this place filling him with happiness just by being inside and smelling the aroma of coffee. For Leo, the smell of coffee is the most aromatic scent he has ever encountered.

 

 

Hongbin returned with two cups of latte. But it was something Leo had never seen before. Well, he must have seen it somewhere but he has never tried it. It was purple.

 

 

"I ordered Purple Potato Latte. It's been a trend since God knows and it has never died down. I guess the taste really lingers that's why every coffee lover still orders it. In fact, this is one of my favorites. I hope you don't mind me ordering it for you too. I don't know what kind you want." Hongbin started blabbing but stopped and smiled when he saw Leo looking at the latte with admiration.

 

"It's fine, as long as it's latte." Leo looked up and smiled at the younger boy. Hongbin couldn't help but smile back. "Hongbinie, do you have a camera with you?" Leo asked.

 

 

"Oh, I didn't bring my DSLR, but I have my polaroid with me..." Hongbin took out the small camera from his bag and gave it to Leo.

 

"This will do." Leo said. "Do you mind?" he gestured at Hongbin's latte and the younger just shook his head.

 

 

Leo arranged the cups in a position Hongbin would have placed it and angled the camera in a way that Hongbin would have angled it. Wow he's great. Hongbin thought. The camera flashed and and whirred as it prints out the photo Leo just took.

 

 

Leo took his cup and sipped gently, tasting the coffee in every way possible. Hongbin did the same thing after watching his hyung. He was enjoying the cup when the camera suddenly flashed, but he did not dare move. After a few seconds, he lifted up his head and smiled at Leo who took a candid shot of him drinking his Latte.

 

 

"Do you mind if I use these pictures for my article in our first issue?" Leo asked Hongbin as soon as the second photo was printed out nicely.

 

"It's okay, but I should take one photo of you so you could include it. After all, it's your article." Hongbin smiled, his dimples showing. There's no way Leo can disagree with him when he smiles at the older like that.

 

"Okay." Leo, the man of few words, answered.

 

 

Hongbin took the camera from Leo and waited for the older to prepare. He asked Leo if he could look at the camera while raising his cup in a "cheers" position. The older obliged, and the camera flashed and started whirring, printing out the photo Hongbin took.

 

 

After finishing their lattes, the two guys left and walked back to their ofiice.

 

 

"I'll come back tomorrow and take pictures of the shop to support your article." Hongbin said when they reached their office.

 

 

Leo nodded and smiled. "Thank you for today..." Hongbin heard the now familiar soft voice and smiled at himself when he was sure that Leo already left.

 

 

 

 

 

--------------------------------------------------------------

 

Guys! Thank you for subscribing! I'm forever grateful! T.T