Enchanted

Love Me Harder

Hongbin returned to Sunny Day as he promised to Leo to take some pictures for the older guy's article in RovixMag's first ever issue. The weather was good, too good. A little cold but the heat the sunlight provides gives off a comforting warmth that Hongbin likes. He already asked for permission to take some pictures of the shop from the owner he calls "Sunny noona". He was not surprised that the shop was called Sunny Day when the met Sunny Lee. The girl was the personification of the words "energy" and, just as her name suggests, "sunny". She was way too energetic and happy most of the times. Sunny agreed to let Hongbin take some pictures because he was a regular at the shop and when Hongbin told her that Leo wanted to write an article about her shop, she gladly accepted and stated that it would be a very good publicity since RovixMag is being published by South Korea's best publishing company.

 

Hongbin took several photos of the dimly lit but gives off a sunny aura interior of the shop and, of course, the exterior that easily attracts customers. When he was sure that he already got a good amount of photos, he went back inside the shop and bid goodbye to Sunny and the workers who he got to know since the day he started visiting the shop. He was about to leave when Sunny stopped him and asked him to wait a bit longer. A few minutes have passed, Sunny approached him with one take out tray with 6 venti cups (he assumes that it all contains the shop's specialty, Latte Macchiato) and a bag full of treats. He quickly grabbed his wallet and took out his card to pay for the stuff Sunny brought but was stopped once again by his friend.

 

 

"Hongbin-ah, no need. This one's on me." Sunny smiled at him, "You kids are working extra hard on that magazine, you need to take a break." she continued.

 

"Noona, thank you but... this is too much." Hongbin pouted still not accepting Sunny's offer.

 

"Oh, shut up Lee Hongbin. Take these or I'll be mad at you." Sunny pouted, showing off her infamous aegyo that even the handsome but not entirely straight Lee Hongbin can't resist.

 

"Oh God, fine. Thank you noona!" Hongbin hugged her and smiled, taking the take-outs the older woman prepared for him.

 

"Good. Those are Latte Macchiato, but I think I didn't need to tell you that since you've known that scent since you started to order it the day you first went here. I remember it like it's just yesterday. And now, look at you! Recently graduated but already have a steady job! I'm so proud of you!" Sunny suddenly got teary eyed. Since Hongbin's parents aren't always with him, when he first met Sunny they took a liking to each other and the older woman became his mother and older sister figure. She would help him with his projects, suggesting her best friends of when he needs models for certain projects and even getting hired by Sunny's designer friend, Tiffany Hwang, to take the photos for her online shop and advertisements. She was an upcoming designer, just starting her business, and Hongbin had been glad to help her since he thinks that it would be good to his portfolio. It turn out that Sunny and her friends got creative minds. They are a big part of Hongbin's life since they helped him get through college. 

 

"And those in the bag are sausage buns, mini apple pies, slices of some cake, etc. Just some of the shop's best seller. Go check it out when you get back to your office." Sunny pointed at the bag and once again, hugged Hongbin before rushing him out.

 

 

Hongbin made his way to the office with a big smile on his face, his camera bag dangling on his side and humming a particular song that he can't take out of his mind. Myeongdong has an awful lot of people today that he has to dodge them to keep the coffees from spilling. The walk only took a few minutes and Hongbin was quite glad. That means the Latte Macchiatos that Sunny gave him are still hot. He went up to their office and was, once again and he thinks he will always be, greeted with chaos, laughter, yelling and shrieking. He just shook his head, the wide grin still on his face, and let out a big sigh before taking a deep breath and...

 

 

"ATTENTION EVERYONE! I BROUGHT TREATS! COME GET IT AT THE MEETING ROOM!!!!" Hongbin shouted, chuckled to himself and walked towards the meeting room.

 

 

Leo was just finishing his article when Hongbin arrived. He had been waiting for the younger one to arrive. Why? It's because I need the photos of the coffee shop by today, Leo thought. But on the back of his mind, he thinks that it was not the only reason. After the day they spent at the coffee shop, Leo hadn't been able to stop thinking about the younger boy's smiling face. But of course he would deny it to himself. He wasn't even ready to date someone. In fact, he wasn't ever. He maybe a good looking guy but no one was every good for him, no one reached the standards he'd been looking for. That's until he met the young photographer. The day Hongbin arrived and the moment he first laid his eyes on him, he felt something deep, something he wasn't able to describe back then even now. When the younger boy announced that he have treats, Leo's attention was on him and eyes on the take-out tray he's carrying. Secretly, he's wishing that he brought the same one he ordered for them the day they went to Sunny Day Coffee Shop. But to his disappointment and delight, it wasn't.

 

 

Everyone was in the meeting room by the time Hongbin finished taking out everything our of the bag. The treats were set up and it almost filled the center of the long table. Sunny sure gave him so much. These are not "just some", these are like, a lot. But it made him so proud of his noona. He made a mental note to send her a something, like a copy of RovixMag's first issue with signs and messages from the team. Noona would be happyhe thought.

 

 

"Wow! You bought all these?" N said the moment he entered the room.

 

"No, Sunny noona sent them for us." Hongbin smiled and he met Leo's eyes.

 

"Here, hyung. It's Latte Macchiato. My most favorite and coincidentally, Sunny Day Coffee Shop's specialty." Hongbin smiled as he offer Leo a venti cup of the take-out coffee. Leo gladly accepted it, being too enthusiastic for lattes, with flushed cheeks and a hint of smile in his tiny lips. Hongbin just giggled at the cute side of his hyung. This oppa is cute, he thought.

 

"Waaaah, it tastes so good! I can see why this is your favorite!" Hyuk, the youngest, exclaimed right after taking a sip of the coffee Hongbin brought.

 

"Wow! Hyukie's right! Where is this shop located? I'd visit this every day!" Ravi said, taking a sip of the coffee with his other hand holding a piece of sausage bun.

 

"Me too!" Ken said, like the others, drinking the coffee and helping himself with a mini banoffee pie.

 

 

Leo can't help but feel threatened. Sunny Day Coffee Shop is his place. His special place, for him and for Hongbin. He felt a bit of jealousy, looking at Hongbin having so much fun with the others. Stop that Jung Taekwoon, you're being selfish, he thought. His thoughts are right. He's being selfish so he shook that bad thought out and made his way to Hongbin and wrapped an arm around his shoulder.

 

 

"Come with me..." he whispered to the younger boy's ear. Hongbin just nodded and followed Leo out fo the room. Leaving the others with the food.

 

 

They went out of the office and to the hallway of the floor building. Leo was sitting on the first step of the stairs going down. Hongbin sat next to him and took a sip of his coffee. They were both silent for a long time until Leo decided to break it.

 

 

"You know, I really like you." he said, with his soft gentle voice that never fails to catch Hongbin off guard.

 

"Y-You... you what?" Hongbin stammered. Clearly not able to process what Leo said properly.

 

"I said I like you. From the very time you step foot in this office." Leo said, now looking at Hongbin. "Enchanté..." he continued with a very good French accent.

 

"I'm pleased to meet you too..." Hongbin answered. "It was enchanting to meet you..." he whispered. Their heads slowly inching forward. Hongbin can feel Leo's heavy breathing and how good Leo's breath smell like even after drinking coffee. Their heads were a few centimeters away from each other by then. Hongbin closed his eyes, expecting the best and probably the worst. The best because he had liked Leo the same time Leo started liking him. And the worst because they are workmates, it may turn awkward, he thought but he still let himself fall for the person in front of him.

 

 

Slowly inching forward, Leo was ready to take full responsibility to what he's about to do. He's definitely ready. But...

 

 

"Leo? Hongbin? Where are you two???" they heard N call from the inside. Hongbin's eyes flew open, his head jerked away from Leo.

 

"Coming!" Hongbin shouted back. He looked at the guy in front of him and smiled, not the awkward smile but with the usual smile he gives Leo. A smile that only exist for Jung Taekwoon.

 

 

Leo looked pissed buthe just sighed and muttered to himself. "That Hakyeon really has terrible timing." Hongbin heard him say. He smiled at Hongbin, who was still looking at him. This is it, carpe diem. Seize the day, Leo thought. He quickly planted a small kiss on Hongbin's lips that took the younger boy by surprise. He smiled at Hongbin and went back inside, leaving the younger boy touching his lips in shock.

 

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Hi guys! Thanks for subscribing! As you know (or may not know), I have another fanfic called "Myeongdong Love Story". This chapter actually became like a short cross-over via the shop owned by Sunny called Sunny Day Coffee Shop. Sunny is one of the main characters and Tiffany is the lead along with Nichkhun and the other SNSD members.

 

Anyway, I hope you like this update!