8 | Evil...?

Like A Fire

Myung Soo

 

I still remember everything vividly like it happened just yesterday. All of those painful memories stay, killing me every second of my life.

 

"Abeoji!" I yelled as I saw him fall down, shot by one of the Protectors. I ran to him as fast as I could, not even caring to dodge the bullets.

 

"M-Myung Soo-ah..." He croaked out.

 

"Abeoji..." I muttered, seeing his injured body. Somewhere in my mind, I knew he won't survive.

 

"W-We shouldn't let th-em go... We must f-fight till our ve-ry last..."

 

"Abeoji don't say things like that! I'll take you to the base camp soon!"

 

"I've al-always been proud of you, Myung Soo.. Take care" With that, his hand slumped down, and his head rolled to a side.

 

"Abeoji?" I called, hoping for a reply. "Abeoji!" Realisation hit me. I sat in the midst of the battle field, crying my heart out.

 

We were immortals, but we too had a fatal part in our body: The heart. If something happens to our heart, we're bound to die. That's our only flaw. And it had to be my Father who was bound to die.

 

With no one left to lead us, we started losing to the Protector clan. Everytime an Immortal died, my anger against them grew. Especially towards one person: The son of the Leader of the Protectors clan, Nam Woo Hyun. He was the one who killed my Father right before my eyes.

 

I had planned my revenge right after the war ended, but he had suddenly disappeared. Completely. There was not a single sign of him anywhere.

 

Just the thought of that fateful day brought an unexplainable pain in me, and tears started to prick my eyes.

 

"I will fight till my last, Abeoji... I will take my revenge on him. I promise you" I looked up at the starry sky, determined to win the last fight.

 

Woo Hyun

 

I stayed awake the whole night, looking at her sleep-talk sometimes. It was cute. Wait, why am I thinking it's cute?! 

 

Morning came, and I had slept away.

 

"Woo Hyun-ssi" I heard someone, and woke up.

 

"Why are you sleeping here?" It was Hyun Mi. What do I say now?!

 

"U-Uh... J-Just... I'll go make breakfast!" That was the only excuse I could think of. I rushed out, embarassed and feeling weird at the same time. It was weird in a good way.

 

I failed to see the dark silhouette near the window, watching us intently.

 

Hyun Mi

 

"What just happened?" I asked more to myself, and got up. I noticed something beside the window, but didn't dare to go closer. It was dark behind the curtains, but I could make out that it was a person. The last thing I know is I don't have a balcony outside my room.

 

"W-Who is it?" I asked, slightly scared. The silhouette then disappeared, right before my eyes. Was it a ghost?

 

"It might just be my mind playing with me..." I shook the confusing thoughts away, and went out. It was still early in the morning, so I had some time to get ready.

 

"I haven't seen Sung Gyu oppa in these two days... What does he do anyway? He comes at least once!" i muttered as I came out of my bath, dressed up to go to the clinic.

 

"I want to see Hyun Mi, not a guy like you!" Was that my Dad?

 

I rushed downstairs, only to see my Father and Woo Hyun confronting each other. I hid behind Woo Hyun, worried if he would actually do something.

 

"Can't you see? She doesn't want to see you!" He defended.

 

"How would you know what she thinks?!" My Father shouted back.

 

"If she did, she won't be hiding behind me instead of coming to you" He stated the obvious. It was true that I didn't want to see him.

 

"Yah Jang Hyun Mi! Come over here!" he tried to reach for me, but I went farther away.

 

"Aish.. you want me to burn up this house so you can come out?! I won't think for a second time!"

 

"Go away" I said lowly, but loud enough for my Father to hear.

 

"W-What did you say?" He asked, obviously surprised.

 

"I said GET OUT!" I finally burst out, unable to hold my anger in anymore. This man did a lot of things...It's time I fought back

 

"How dare you say that?! I'm your Father!" He raised his hand to hit me, but didn't

 

"It would be good if you do what she said" Woo Hyun was preventing him from hitting me.

 

"You...!! I'll get you someday else! You just wait! You did the wrong thing, Hyun Mi.. You have to face the consequences!" He shouted and went out.

 

"T-Thanks.." I muttered. He turned to me, and smiled. Somehow, I felt all of the fear go away.

 

"You don't have to thank me" He said. I felt this warm, comfortable aura when I was with him. "A-Aah!" He clutched his abdomen, and squirmed.

 

"D-Did anything happened?"

 

"He... punched me" He said, squirming even low.

 

"What? You should have said that earlier!" I said as we both went to the living room.

 

"It's okay... I'll be fine" He said, but I healed him anyway.

 

"Thanks" He said and smiled again. Stop smiling! My mind was mentally screaming.

 

"You don't have to. I heal people in pain" I said, finding the line a bit wise.

 

"How about the pain inside?" He suddenly posed a question, leaving me unable to answer.

 

"You know, you can heal someone's pain in the insde, if you feel close to them" he answered it himself and went somewhere. I stayed there, thinking over his words.

Was he actually trying to heal my internal pain now? Or is it just me who thinks that way?

~-~-~-~-~

"I'm going" Myung Soo announced to no one in particular as he buttoned his shirt.

 

"Where?" Sung Gyu asked, being the responsible leader he is.

 

"I need some fresh air" Myung Soo replied, and went out. 'Don't worry, I'll be back"

 

He then started the car and went to a familiar place: The hospital. As soon as he reached the hospital,. he saw the small crown outside, trying to get inside as the security guards blocked them. All of them were teenage girls. Probably the fans... He thought as he went inside without getting caught. He stopped before a particular room, but didn't dare to go in. His mind was debating whether to enter or not. After a long debate, he slightly opened the door, and watched the person atop the bed from the small gap.

 

Woo Hyun's face was surprisingly peaceful for a patient. Myung soo didn't know why he didn't want to go inside. That's what he came for anyways.

 

"Why am I like this..?" He questioned himself in confusion.

~-~-~-~-~

Woo Hyun

 

"I'll come back soon, take care!" Hyun Mi said and left with Sung Yeol. I felt bored being at home, and went to sleep.

 

"Hyun Mi-ah!" I was screaming at the top of my voice.

 

"Woo Hyun– Ah!" She was being dragged away.

 

"Let her go! Don't do anything to her!" I was shouting. Honestly, I wasn't saying those myself. I just found myself saying it. I was watching it from somewhere else, not in my own bod.

 

"You took away all my happiness! it's only right of me to take yours too!" A guy shouted. The voice felt familiar, but I couldn't pin-point to who it was.

 

"Don't hurt her! This fght is between us, why hurt her?!" We both were dragged away from each other despite our struggles. I looked at myself– I was physically too weak with all the blood coming out.

 

"Have you ever felt how it is to lose someone close to you? Well, see it with your own eyes!" The guy shouted as he pointed a finger at her.

 

"NO! Leave her alone!" I said, and then it became bright.

 

I jolted up, completely covered in cold sweat. It took some time to calm myself down, but the dream was too intrguing. And I haven't returned to my world.

 

Guess I am stuck here for some time...


Author's Notes:

Ha! Updated! I hope it wasn't too angsty...

Blame SHINee for taking this long to update this chapter... #View is just soo... Fanfic-type xD Idk, someone said that, and it just stuck to my head.

Till the next update!

P.S : Isn't the title so fitting? Not? ...Okay