6 | Back

Like A Fire

Woo Hyun

 

It was dark. Completely dark. I felt something come over me, but didn't dare to move.

 

"Woo Hyun.." A voice boomed in the dark place.. "It's time for you to find yourself"

 

"Find myself...? What do I have to do?" I found myself asking.

 

"That is up to you. You're the only one who can save both of our Kingdoms"

 

"What are you talking about?"

 

"You'll know soon. For now, you just have to protect people close to you...."

 

With that, everything went silent.

 

Hyun Mi

 

It had been almost noon, but Woo Hyun still didn't wake up. Was he that weak to even get up?

 

"Woo Hyun...? Are you awake?" Not a single reply came from him. That really freaked me out.

~-~-~-~-~

The rest of Infinite gathered at their living room. Everyone had dark, hollow eyes from searching their vocalist for three whole days.

 

"No news on him?" Their manager started.

 

"Not a single call." Sung Gyu shook his head. "Someone should have at least called us by now, even as a mistake!"

 

"Do you know any frequent places he goes to? Maybe they knew it and took him there"

 

"We never go with him" Sung Yeol and Sung Jong said together, and looked at each other.

 

"He's right. None of us go with him. He barely leaves the dorm anyway" Dong Woo added in.

 

"What is this? Not a single information, and he's still missing. Who would've taken him anyways?"

 

"Okay, does the press know this? Any of this?"

 

"We were almost caught at the Police station... It was a close call" Dong Woo shuddered at the thought of that time.

 

"That's fine until no one knows about this. We can figure something out boys, we'll find him soon"

 

"I'm missing him already... What if they beat him up?" Sung Yeol asked, his eyes become glossy again.

 

"We don't even know if someone kidnapped him or he just went by himself. Anything could've happen"

 

"Yeah, but if he had went out by himself, at least one of the fans would've found out and said it" Myung Soo stated the obvious.

 

Just then, a call came. Their Manager went out to attend the call. After a while, he returned back.

 

"Someone just said they saw him"

 

"Where?" "Is he fine?" "Is he hurt somewhere?" All of them bombarded him with questions.

 

"One by one" That shushed everyone, but not their curiosity. "We don't know, they just said he was at some park, in a dark corner. Let's go" Everyone hastily got on the car and drove to the said destination. 

 

It was just a local small park, not even famous like Yeouido. It was barren with only a bunch of kids playing by themselves.

 

"Everyone, split up, and whoever sees him first, message everyone. Keep your phone ready"

 

"Me and Sung Gyu-hyung will go there" Sung Yeol pointed at one of the corners. They split up and went to and fro, searching him.

 

"We found him" It was from Myung Soo. All of them sprinted as fast as they could to Myung Soo's and Sung Jong's side.

 

"Where is he?" Myung Soo's trembling hand pointed to somewhere. Itr was indeed dark, with the big chestnut tree shadowing a part of the corner. Everyone literally froze when they saw their main vocalist completely unmoving, lying under the tree.

 

"Woo Hyun-ah!" Dong Woo was the first to go up to him. Not a single response came from the said person.

 

"I think we need to take him to the hospital" Their Manager said, and they just had to agree.

 

Piling inside the car again, they rushed towards the nearest hospital they could find. They didn't even bother to know which place it was, all they needed was Woo Hyun's health. After some waiting, they all confronted the doctor, hoping for a positive answer.

 

"Well, he's completely fine..." There wasn't the typical aura all of them have been waiting for.

 

"Is there any other problem?" Sung Gyu stepped up, being the eldest in the group.

 

"That is what I'm confused about. His vital are perfectly fine, but he isn't responding correctly"

 

"W-What do you mean?"

 

"Usually, the patient would be able to get up al least two hours after treatment. He, on the other hand" The doctor paused to take a breath. "He isn't waking up at all."

 

"...Eh?" Sung Yeol asked, confused on what the doctor said.

 

"What I mean is, he isn't responding well to the treatment, while everyone can. He might have to stay for some days for other tests" Hoya and Sung Jong ran inside the room, while the others stayed outside, still in shock.

 

"What did he mean? Someone tell me!" No one was able to explain to Sung Yeol, because they didn't understand it either. All they knew was the latter wasn't waking up.

 

"T-Talking to him might help... I've read somewhere" Dong Woo said, trying hard to supress his sobs.

 

"Sung Gyu hyung! Tell him to get up! It's time for our practice right? We're getting late now! Manager-hyung will be angry at us!" Sung Jong pulled all of them inside with his pathetic attempts to get the latter up.

 

"Sung Jong-ah... Sung Jong-ah!" Sung Gyu pulled him away, realising no attempts were useful. They were practically helpless.

 

"But he needs to get up for practice! It's been an hour already!" He never stopped blabbering.

 

"Stop it... We all know this won't help him, or us." He sighed, letting reality sink in to the youngest. " So stop it"

 

"But... But he has–" No one could say a word. This was too much for them.

 

"Stop it, Sung Jong. We can only wait" Myung Soo said, trying to stop him.

 

"Dong Woo hyung said that talking to him can help! That he would wake up! Why isn't he?!" No one could console the franctic boy.

~-~-~-~-~

Woo Hyun

 

Everything was echoing. Many were talking and all of them were familiar, but hard to point out.

 

"Stop it, Sung Jong. We can only waitSung Jong?!

 

"Sung Jong ah! Are you there? Lee Sung Jong!!"

 

"Woo Hyun! Wake up!"

 

"What do you mean by 'Wake up'? I'm already awake!"

 

"Woo Hyun! Are you fine!" The scene changed. It wasn't pitch dark anymore, but was twirling with colours. I felt myself go weak, and fall down. It didn't pain though.

 

Hyun Mi

 

"Sung Jong ah! Are you there? Lee Sung Jong!" Was that Woo Hyun?

 

"Woo Hyun?" I ran upstairs to Hyun Woo's room where he was still resting. He was sweating, and there was this uncomfortable frown on his face.

 

"Woo Hyun! Wake up!" He blabberd something.

 

"Woo Hyun! Are you fine?" Everything went silent. He stopped moving madly. He stopped blabbering.

 

"Woo Hyun...?" I shook him to know if he was awake at least now. His eyes cracked open, and he looked straight at me.

 

"Are you okay?"

 

"Huh?" He said, obviously confused. He looked around again, and jumped up.

 

"I haven't returned yet?!" He panicked.

 

"Returned? Returned where?!"

 

"Our dormitory! I should have gone back by now!!" He stepped on the floor, but instantly hissed.

 

"Ah! W-Why does it pain?!" He ignored it and walked out, stumbling in between. Has he gone mad?

 

"Yah! Wait! Where do you think you're going?!"

 

"I need to go back..."

 

"Woo Hyun, stop... Stop!" I pulled him back.

 

"What?!"

 

"You just started shouting all of a sudden... Does your head hurt?"

 

"Just leave me! I have to find a way to go back!"

 

"Go back where?!"

 

"Back to my world!"

 

"Woo Hyun, you need to calm down! Listen to me!" I pulled him back inside with all my strength, and made him sit down.

 

"What do you mean by your world?"

 

"I'm not from here! I came here by accident!"

 

"Accident?"

 

"Yes! I saw this place only in my dreams, but all of a sudden, I'm actually stuck here!"

 

"Wait, what? Are you sure you didn't hit your head anywhere?" I asked, still unable to believe what he was saying.

 

"Why would I joke with this?! I know everyone! Sung Gyu-hyung, Dong Woo-hyung, Hoya, Sung Yeol, Myung Soo, Sung Jong, Ki Bum! Everyone! They all exist in this world, but they don't know me!" He sounded franctic.

 

"Woo Hyun, you need to calm down first."

 

"How can I?"

 

"Woo Hyun" I called him, making him look straight in my eyes. We stayed like that for who-knows-how-long.

 

"Noona!" Hyun Woo's voice interrupted us.

 

"Uh... Hyun Woo-ah?"

 

"W-What were you doing?" Here he is, getting suspicious again.

 

"Eh... N-Nothing..!! G-Go freshen up, I'll prepare something" I said and hurriedly got up, taking a last look at Woo Hyun before I went inside.

 

Woo Hyun

 

What just happened now? I asked myself.

 

"Hey, hyung!" Hyun Woo came and sat beside me. I moved a bit away.

 

"I won't do anything, okay? You can believe me" He smiled.

 

"So.... You like her?"

 

"W-Who?" I asked.

 

"My noona, you like her?"

 

"Y-Yah! What are you blabbering?"

 

"Ay~ I know you feel something for her" Why did I feel embarassed?

 

"There's nothing like that!"

 

"Whatever you say~!" He said and went to his room.

 

"Ah..! What is this?" I ruffled my hair in frustration.

 

"Hyun Mi!" Who is it again?

 

"Who is it?"

 

"Sung Yeol!" WHAT?! AGAIN!

 

"Sung Yeol?!" I burst open the door, and hugged him really tight.

 

"A-Ack..!! Who are you?" He pushed me away.

 

"You too..?" I sighed.

 

"Since when did she accept men into her house? Yah Hyun Mi!" He ignored and went inside casually.

 

Am I the only one who's an idiot for knowing everyone here? Maybe I am...


"Sung Yeollie!" Hyun Mi announced as she came out of her room, all ready to go somewhere.

 

"Are you going somewhere?" I asked her.

 

"Mhm, I have to go to the clinic. You can stay here! Bye!" She said and went out with Sung Yeol.

 

Sighing, I sat down on the couch, trying to think of some way to kill the boredom.

 

"I can make dinner for her... Right! It can be a payback for letting me stay here!" I decided and entered the kitchen.

 

The food wasn't different at all. There was Kimchi, there was meat, there were every seasoning. Seems like it'll be an easy thing to cook... Let's start with Kimchi Jjigae!

 

And so, I started cooking anything I can with the items Hyun Mi had in her home. I hope she won't mind me touching everything!


Author's Notes:

Ha ha ha! Cooking Woo Hyun is introduced~! Not cheesy Woo Hyun yet because he still is a bit shocked from teleporting in his mind to this parallel-kingdom-whose-name-I-yet-have-to-choose!

Any suggestions for any cool yet Kingdom-y type name? Do suggest!