3 | Runaway

Like A Fire

I tried to think how I got there, but nothing came up. everyone came to check on my, but I ignored all of them. They were obviously worried, but I don't want to be treated like a child. It's just too lame.

 

I stayed awake until 12, but then, sleep stared to tug at my eyes. I eventually gave in and fell asleep, letting myself go into the 'parellel world'. I wonder whether it is just a dream or I really go in there...

 

"Hyung? Can you just... check me, if I sleep?" I told Sung Gyu before going to sleep.

~-~-~-~-~

I woke up again to the same, small cell, but I wasn't locked up. I tried looking out, but all I saw was the vast sea. I could show this to Key, that'd be a nice prank. I then I remembered: He probably won't be here... Or will he?

 

"Ah!" A familiar voice squeaked. The doors to my cell opened and someone was pushed inside, the guy falling against me.

 

"Yah! Are you nuts?! That's not how you treat a Prince! Apologise right now!" The guy shouted. It was all to familiar, so it was even a waste of breath to say it was Key himself.

 

"Sorry, but you aren't a Prince here. You are a prisoner" The guard said as polite as he could, and walked away.

 

"Geez, no manners at all..."

 

"K-Key?" I called out, just as a confirmation.

 

"Huh? How do you know that name? Only my brother calls me by that name" He replied, surprised.

 

"You too... don't remember me?" I asked, completely dejected.

 

"Yeah, Nam Woo Hyun, right?" I perked up a bit, happy that he finally rercognised me. "The guy with no powers at all" He scoffed, and I sighed. This is not the 'remember' I expect...!!

 

"Yah, you serioulsy don't know me?!" I bursted out.

 

"What the heck?! Is this how this Kingdom treats a Prince?! Aish, seriously, why did I even come here?! All because of the frog!" He whined on and on. Giving up, I went to a corner, and just hugged myself, thinking of a way to escape from here.

 

"What? Worried about him?" Myungsoo asked from beside me. I almost forgot that he was in the cell right beside me.

 

I said nothing and ignored him.

 

"He's the Prince of the Aetoria Kingdom, which had been rivals to our kingdom for centuries" P-Prince?! So that's what he had been telling all along...

 

"Yes, he is a Prince. Okay, which Kingdom do you belong to?" Myungsoo asked.

 

"Umm.... I-I don't know...?"

 

"You don't know which Kingdom you belong to?!" He choked out, and I just shrugged back. That isn't important for me! Meanwhile, Key was still nagging about how he was 'mistreated'.

 

"How can your Kingdom not be important to you?!"

 

"It would if I knew from where I am in this world..." I muttered. Suddenly, the door to my cell opened, and two guards came in.

 

"Her Majesty called you" they said and took me away, ignoring whatever I did to escape from them.

 

"Yah! Yah! Let me go!" I shouted, but no one cared enough to save me. Aish..

 

"Your Majesty" The two guards bowed and let me stand alone there. That lady was still atop the high chair.

 

"Can someone tell me what is going on here?"

 

"You will understand soon... Now, where is it?"

 

"What? What is where?"

 

"Don't play with me, Young Son. Now give the key to me"

 

"What key? I don't have any Key!" I confessed honestly. What are they expecting from me?!

 

"Guards, search him" She ordered someone, and they took me away again.

 

"Some just stop them! Aish yah! Stop! I can walk by myself, no need to drag me!" I shouted, still no one cared.

 

After they 'searched' me, I was left at the big hall with all of them again.

 

"See? I don't have anything!"

 

"Did you throw it away?"

 

"If you would just explain me what–AH!" DSid she just slap me?!

 

"Do you even know what that is?!"

 

"How would I know if you don't say me?! Listen, I came into this world by accident! I never wanted to come here! Stop doing this to me!"

 

"Guards, take him back" She said and went back atop her chair.

 

"Won't you just listen to me?! Just let me speak for once! How come you're a Queen when you don't even hear anything someone wants to say!?" Okay, that stopped everyone.

 

"What did you say?" The lady asked again.

 

"You must hear what I say to understand my problem.. Please" I pleaded, and after a long minute, she nodded. I then started explaining everything from scratch, about how I found myself in the weird warehouse, about how I knew everyone, and were actually my close friends in my world. After hearing everything, she just said one thing :

 

"Take him away" WHAT?

 

"What the- Hey! You still don't believe me? I'm telling the truth!" One guy tookme away, but not to the cell. They took me outside the Castle. After leaving me out in there, the big doors closed, with me all alone.

 

"Hey! At least tell me a place where I can stay!" I shouted, even when my voice got hoarse, but no one answered. Is this some kind of a TV show or something, where the camera-men don't answer a single thing you ask?!

 

I then started wandering around, trying to silence my grumbling stomach. Man I am hungry! Might have well stayed in there to at least have some food...

 

Hesitant to ask someone, I just kept walking around

 

"Hey!" I heard a kid's voice, and turned to a bunch of children looking at me.

 

"Me?"

 

"Yeah, you! The guy weaker than us!"

 

"Y-Yah! Do you want to get beaten up? Go away before I get angry on you!"

 

"Who, You? Heh, try hitting me if you can!" That was it. I raised my hand, but a sudden pain emerged on my arm.

 

"Ah... Ah!" It was unbearable. the kids were still laughing at me.

 

"Yah, Jang Hyun Woo! Won't you just stay quiet? Always creating trouble!" Was that a girl? I tried to look up, but couldn't see her face clearly.

 

"But Noona! He was the one who bullied me first!" He said, and did something again, making me pain all over.

 

"Yah! S-Someone help!" I cried out.

 

"Hyun Woo stop it right now!"

 

"I'm telling you he was the one- Noona! Ah it hurts!!" The kid whined. Ha! Serves you right!

 

"Can you get up?" The girl asked me. The pain was now much bearable, so I nodded and  got up. She put my hand over her shoulder, and kind of carried me inside.

 

"Wait just a minute, I'll come soon" She said as she made me sit down and went away.

 

"What's your name?" She sounded far away.

 

"W-Woo-hyun..." I was too much in pain to ask hers. 

 

"Ah, Woo Hyun? My name is Melody"

 

"Oh" I said blankly as she hovered her hands over me. I was confused, but too much in pain to ask.

 

"It'll help you if you keep talking, that way you won't go unconscious. Hyun Woo is just that strong with his power"

 

"Ah, really?" The pain was subsiding slowly. After some minues, I was completely fine as before. But why haven't I still returned?

 

"Done. Are you fine now?" I nodded meely.

 

"T-thank you.."

 

"Ah, it was nothing. I'm used to- Yah! Jang Hyun Woo!" She apparently caught her little brother sneaking inside.

 

"N-Noona!"

 

"What were you trying to do to him, huh? Apologise, right now!"

 

"But Noona-"

 

"Apologise"

 

"S-Sorry" He looked down at the floor.

 

"It's okay, you really don't have to. Just don't do it to people again" I said and smiled at him.

 

"See? he let me go, now can you please let me go to my room? Please please please?"

 

"If I ever find you doing it again, you're dead, get it? As much as I know how to heal people, I know how to kill them too" Her voice sounded evil, even to me. The kid crept up the stairs to his room, and she turned to me.

 

"So, where do you come from?"

 

"Umm... That is.." Do I tell her about everything too?

 

"What?"

 

"I-I don't know.."

 

"E-Eh?"

 

"Yeah.. It's something like that"

 

"Did you forget everything? Huh?" Her hand came to my forehead, and I had to smack it away.

 

"Wae? Why are you like this?"

 

"J-Just don't touch me"

 

"Ay~ I won't do anything with my power" Did she read my mind or something? Does everyone here read minds?!

 

"H-how did you-?"

 

"Your face says it all..." She chuckles, and I try hard to not make it obvious that I'm, embarassed. "You were scared by many people right? Especially those jerks" It's like she knew everything!

 

Suddenly, my stomach started growling louder. Embarassed, I tried to stop it.

 

"I get it" She said, trying to supress her laughter. "You're hungry, right?" I didn't say anything, but my stomach answered instead. She went out of the room, probably to the kitchen.

 

"Yah! Is this the time you have to act up?" I mumbled to my stomach silently.

 

"Here~! Food is ready!" I just dug into the food, not even caring about what it is. I started to cough in between, but never stopped finishing the food.

 

"Slowly! Wah, you were really that much hungry, huh?" I didn't even bother to answer, but one thing was still bugging me 

 

Why haven't I returned to my world yet? It feels like I've been here for too long..


Author's notes :

Yay! Third chapter revealed! I hope your entry wasn't too simple, chingu! Hope you all like it!