4 | Honesty

Like A Fire

"What?!" Infinite's manager screamed out. "Do you mean someone kidnapped Woo Hyun?! Right when you were sleeping?!"

 

"N-Not like that... But he wasn't there when i woke up" Sung Gyu stuttered, obviously scared. "D-Do you think he is kid-napped?"

 

"Is he some kind of a ghost or an Angel to disappear just like that?! Of course someone kidnapped him idiot! Goodness, how are we gonna find him?!"

 

Apparently the whole dorm woke up with Sung Gyu's agonizing scream, and found Woo Hyun missing. Everyone felt guilty with themselves for letting him go missing.

 

"Okay, whatever happened has happened, do not let anyone know about this. Anyone except people who you could rely on, am I understood" Everyone nodded immediately.

 

"B-but... How are we going to find him?" Sung Yeol asked, worry clearly visible in his face.

 

"I don't know, Sung Yeol-ah... I don't know" Their manager sighed out, and everyone sat down, trying to think of a way to get him back.

~-~-~-~-~

"And... Done! You can sleep in here!" Melody said as I sat outside, falling asleep on my shoulders.

 

"Huh?"

 

"Your bed is ready... But be just a bit careful about Hyun Woo, okay? He loves to prank someone often.."

 

"A-Ah! Thank you!" I thanked her genuinely.

 

"Your welcome, Woo Hyun!"

 

"A-And.. Is your name really Melody?"

 

"Well... The neighbours call me by that name most of the time. My name is Jang Hyun Mi though"

 

"C-Can I call you Hyun Mi instead? It's-It's just that Melody is a bit awkward for me to say..."

 

There was an awkward silence hovering over the atmosphere. Maybe I asked the wrong question.. Stupid me!

 

"You can... Hey, I'm going for star-gazing. Wanna come?" I found myself nodding.

 

"Great then! Make sure you take your blanket out, because it is so cold" She said and went out, waiting for me to take the blanket she gave me, and then started walking.

 

"Which Kingdom are you from again?"

 

"I don't know.."

 

"Ah, right, you forgot everything..." She said as we walked through a field.

 

"Isn't it wrong to trespass?" I asked.

 

"Why would it be illegal if it's yours?"

 

"A-Ah..!! I thought it wasn't yours" I apologised, completely embarassed. She just chuckled and sat down in the middle of the feilod, lying down. I sat at a distance from her, looking up at the sky.

 

Somehow, this feels like a drama...

 

"Have you been doing this often?" I asked.

 

"Mhm. it helps me let out my stress..."

 

"S-Stress?"

 

"You shouldn't be bethering about that.. I must not put my worries atop you"

 

"It's fine, I'm a good listener" Somehow, I felt really close to her. Like, we had some kind of a relationship in the past. I felt familiar with her.

 

"Are you sure you're fine with hearing it?"

 

"I am completely fine...Besides, it can be like.. a repay for letting me stay in your house"

 

We stayed silent for some time, and she then started talking.

 

"My dad... He never cared enough for us. I beared with him every now and then, but after he killed my Mother, I just ran away.... Hyun Woo, he was just eight months old when we came to this city. That time, all of the neighbours loathed us. They hated us. This-This healing power is something which I learned by myself. I've never gone anywhere toi learn how to control my powers... Ever since we ran away, I kept working at many places, even when My Father found us, I pushed him away... Hyun Woo doesn't know any of this, and I hope he won't know.." Okay, I wish I hadn't heard it. I knew how she felt, talking about all of this to a stranger like me.

 

"I-It's okay, if you don't want to continue" I interrupted.

 

"I always look up at the stars, hoping my Mother would take care of me...Of us." She didn't stop. I reached for her hand, comforting her as much as I could.

 

"S-Sorry... I shouldn't have told you all my worries..."

 

"it's okay... At least you let everything out"

 

"Finally! Found a guy for yourself, huh?" Some guy shouted from behind us. I turned to see a amn around 40, completely drunken.

 

"What do you want again?!" Hyun Mi shouted at him.

 

"Do you know him?"

 

"He's my Father"

 

"Ah, so you remember you have a Father? I thought you had forgotten a long time ago... Well, time to take care of your Father" The guy said arrogantly.

 

"D-Don't come closer" I said, standing before Hyun Mi. After all, this was what I could do.

 

"Who are you to protect her? No one can escape my fire! Not even God can escape from my wrath!" He said and threw what looked like a fire-ball at us. I turned my back to it, hugging her tightly to not let her get hurt. I closed my eyes tightly, waiting for the ball to hit me.

 

After about a second, I opened my eyes, and looked back. Nothing hit us. The ball was like some 10 metres away from us, hovering on air. It didn't come close though.

 

"Y-You... You blocked it. You pre-vented the fire-ball from hitting us..." Hyun Mi stuttered.

 

"What? I-I thought you did it" I said, confused. The guy looked at us with wide eyes and ran away. The fire-ball too extinguished slowly. I looked around us with wide eyes. There was something around us, proctecting us from the ball. It was light-putple in colour, and sparkled at places. It was like a dome covering us both.

 

"W-What is that..?" She asked. I suddenly started to feel light-headed, and tried to stay awake.

 

"Are you alright, Woo Hyun?" I nodded drowsily. Soon, everything went black.

 

Hyun Mi

 

"Woo Hyun!" I shouted as he out.

 

"Woo Hyun-ah! Get up! Are you fine? Woo Hyun-ah!" He didn't respond back. I tried using my powers, but it was useless on him. There was no way to wake him up unless he gets up by himself. I took him back to my Home, and put him on my bed. I waited all night for him to wake up.

 

But seriously, what was that he did? I have never seen that kind of a power in anyone... No one exists with that kind of a power! Nor have I read about it anywhere... This is strange.

 

"Who are you, really?" I smiled to myself. WHy would he want to protect me? No one had ever stepped up for me, why did he?

 

"Anyways, thanks..." I mumbled and went to the living room to get some sleep before going to work tomorrow.

 

"Hyun Mi ah!" I recognised that voice immediately. I ran to the front door and opened it hurriedly.

 

"Sung Gyu oppa!" The said person chuckled and ruffled my hair.

 

"Aish, what have you done?! My hair's ruined now!" I frowned, brushing my hair back to place.

 

"It is to get ruined when you wake up tomorrow though... I heard you have someone over at home?" 

 

"Wah, really..!! You get news as fast as wind, right? Come upstairs, I'll show you" I said and took him upstairs to my room.

 

"Whoa, who is he? Sleeping on your bed..."

 

"He said his name is Woo Hyun. Hyun Woo hurt him earlier today, and he didn't have a place to go either, so I let him stay here for the time being. He is strange though.." [A/N: Just noticed, Hyun Woo, Woo Hyun.. I never meant it though!]

 

"Why? Did he do something to you?" He gasped and looked around me. I knew what he was thinking. This erted Kim Sung Gyu..

 

"See where you mind goes...!! Not that, but he has some kind of a strange power"

 

"What?"

 

"Appa came and threatened me again today, and threw his fire-ball at us... but it didn't hit us. Something like a wall was blocking it from coming to us..."

 

"Eh? Is that even a power? Maybe the fire-ball was too weak.."

 

"No, it was stronger than usual, but he... he somehow blocked it. Appa ran away, and he went unconscious. That's why I took him to my bed."

 

"He used his power and out...?" He squinted his already small eyes, and I nodded.

 

"Well, that's new. No power drains someone's energy. He really is strange... It's best if he stays away from using his power. I'll go to the Library and find something related to this, okay? Take care!" He said and went out. I closed the door and went to sleep on the couch.


Author's Notes

Wow! A speedy update from me! 

i know, these scenes are really familiar, right? Sorry, but this seemed more fitting into the story... SORRY!