7 | Just the start

Like A Fire

Hyun Mi

 

Me and Sung Yeol were walking towards the clinic we work at, but my mind never went away from Woo Hyun. Just who was he?

 

"Hey, that guy in your house... How did you let him? You didn't even let me stay when I asked you!" Sung Yeol exclaimed.

 

"I have a reason, Sung Yeol." I emphasized, "I have a reason. He protected me"

 

"Protected you?" he asked, obviously confused.

 

"He has a unique power : Protection. He stopped My dad's fire-ball, literally"

 

"W-What?!" He choked out, surprised.

 

"That is why I let him stay in... But he's weird."

 

"Weird in what way?"

 

"He can't endure his own power; he faints after he uses his power. Sung Gyu oppa told me to keep him safe"

 

"Y-You?" He chuckled, trying to surpress his laughter. "You keeping him safe? I don't think so.. I think it'll turn out the other way: Him keeping you safe"

 

"Yah! As much as I look weak, I'm actually very strong!"

 

"Okay, Miss Doctor! Can we just speed up?" Sung Yeol said as he adjusted his bag.

 

"Sure" With that, the two sped away to the clinic.

 

throughout the day, Hyun Mi couldn't keep hermind off the weird power of WOo Hyun. Was he actually an Angel? Or a Protector? But the Protector clan is extinct! All of them died at the War! How come he...?

~-~-~-~-~

"The news leaked out?!" All the six members of Infinite hung their head as low as they could. They were at Woolim Ent's Office, facing the CEO.

 

Apparently, the news of Woo Hyun's health condition leaked out to the media, and was spreading like wildfire.

 

"We don't know how... We never even talked about it anywhere!" Sung Gyu stood up for the rest.

 

"Stop telling excuses!"

 

"We are trying our best at taking care of the issue..." Their Manager said.

 

"You better. This is the last thing I want. Anmyways... How's he?"

 

"The doctor said he isn't responding to the treatment well. They don't even know what's wrong with him"

 

"Take care, okay?"

 

 The six then dispersed from the building to their dorm. 

 

It had been way too silent since the incident. No one bothered to talk to each other.

 

"I'll be outside for a while. Take care" Their Manager announced and went out. No one bothered to reply to him. they seldom left their room, let alone the dorm.

~-~-~-~-~

Hyun Mi

 

"Aish... Today was a hard day, don't you think?"  I asked Sung Yeol on our way back home.

 

"Yeah... I feel like dying!"

 

"I wonder how Woo Hyun is doing..."

 

"Hey, I just got reminded. Were's Hyun Woo?" Sung Yeol asked, ignoring my question.

 

"He's at a class trip. He'll come on Sunday, I think" I answered, counting the days in my head.

 

"And we're here. Take care!"

 

"Bye!" I waved back to sung Yeol as I entered the house.

 

"Woo Hyun?" I called out, noticing that he wasn't in the living room. I went into the kitchen, and smiled to myself.

 

He was sleeping on the table. Seems like he prepared dinner... Hmm...

 

I slowly tip-toed to not disturb him, and looked into the bowls : Kimchi Jjigae, soup, and rice. He tried his best.. Let's see how it tastes..

 

i took a spoon of the Kimchi Jjigae and tasted. Man it was good! It's been some time since I tasted this good of a food!

 

"huh? You came?" Woo Hyun asked sleepily, waking up.

 

"You prepared dinner?" I asked, and he awkwardly nodded.

 

"I hope you don't mind me cooking.. How's it?"

 

"It's really nice! I don't remember the last time I had something this good!" I said and sat down, immediately starting to eat whatever there was.

 

"Wow, for a girl, you have a big appetite" He looked at me in awe.

 

"Not everyday do I get to eat like this!" I said in between eating, my mouth full. He chuckled and got up, walking to the living room.

 

"Hey," I called him, "You're not eating?"

 

"I-I don't have an appetite. You're hungry too"

 

"It's ok, I can't finish all of this. Come on!" I said and pulled him back. He reluctantly started eating.

 

We both finished dinner, and were at the living room, awkward with each other.

 

"So... Uh..What were you saying this morning? You're not... from this world?"

 

"Yes" He sighed and looked down. " This is an alternate world. No 'powers' exist in our world. I cannot protect people like I do here. Sung Gyu-hyung is my best friend in my world, Sung yeol is too!"

 

"So... You need to find a way back."

 

"Yeah... And soon" He rested his forehead on his hands, looking gloomier than ever.

 

"Hey, I know you'll find a way. I'm sure you can go back" He looked up at me like a child asking for approval.

 

"I will?"

 

"You will." I smiled, hoping it would make him less tensed.

 

"So!" After a long time of eerie silence, I started. "What do you do in your world, Woo Hyun?"

 

He was obviously startled. "Me? I sing"

 

"Really?!" I have never met a singer before, probably because I didn't have enough time or money to actually make a move and see them.

 

"Y-Yeah..."

 

"Sing a song for me!" I said, trying to divert him from his worries. "Come on~!" I leaned back on the couch when he hesitated.

 

He cleared his throat, and started singing.

 

"Sigani tto meomchun geolkkayo
ireoke tto jami deunayo
meonghani bakkeul barabodaga

dunun gameun che geudae saenggagi naseo" I looked at him as he sung, but soon got engrossed into the song. I didn't notice him anymore, the song was what I all heard.

"Sigani tto heulleogajiman,
dasi geuttaerona doraga,
neoui gieoksoge modeungeol
chajaboryeo noryeok haebojiman~

geugose honjaseo na ulgo itjiman~
nunmuri meomchwoseo na utgo itjiman~
dasi tto gidaryeo
na dasi sumswilttae kkaji
" I relaxed at the soothing voice. I felt my eyelids getting heavy, and gave up at trying to stay awake.

 

Woo Hyun

 

"na amu maldo eobtjiman
deureul su eobtjiman
ireokerado neol chajeul su itdamyeon neol
gidaryeo jigeum sigani meomchul ttaekkaji

chajeul su itdamyeon neol gidaryeo jigeum
na dasi sum swil ttaekkaji
" I finished, and opened my eyes. Hyun Mi had fallen asleep.

 

"Ai-goo... You fell asleep?" I whispered, looking at her lean on her shoulders in a painful way. After a debate, I decided to take her to her room myself. 

 

It was awkward and weird, but I had no choice. I didn't want her to have a pain the next day. I reached her room soon, and placed her as slow as I could atop her bed.

 

"good night" I muttered to her and got up.

 

"Don't leave.." She held my hand. I looked at he, noticing that small frown on her face. "Don't leave me alone..."

 

i had this irresistible urge to stay beside her. I held her hand back, hoping that it would be enough to comfort her in her sleep.

 

"I won't"

 

Myung Soo

 

"You're free to go, Kim Myung Soo" I was said. The chains inding me were unlocked, and in some minutes, I was out of the dungeon.

 

"Nam Woo Hyun" I smirked, thinking about that person again. "I think it's time for a payback. A revenge" I muttered to myself as I started walking to my house.

 

I never expected to meet him in there, in the dungeon. The one who took away all my happiness, centuries ago. It was miracle that I got to see him to take my revenge. After all, this is what I have been waiting for since the Great War. Revenge; Revenge for taking away everything and everyone that were dear to me.

 

I'm an immortal, my age never grew since I reached 25. I wasn't born immortal, I was created. And this is what will help me get my revenge.

 

"I'll get you" I said more to myself as I entered the Big Forest. Deep inside was my house.

 

"Young Master" The servant bowed to me as I entered the desolated house.

 

I went straight to my room, and took a picture in my hand. It was a picture I treasured the most. A picture which was supposed to be real, but isn't. A picture ruined by the guy I despise.

 

The picture of my once happy family.


Author's Note:

Posted~! Sorry for making L the bad guy here~! He isn't gonna stay like that forever though, but I can guarantee that it'll take a long tiome before he actually turns to a good character.

Till the next chapter~!