CHAPTER 9

Next Door
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Days past and it’s already been almost a month since the kissing incident happens. L tried to act natural although his heart hurts. Thankfully, Jihyo didn’t notice anything. But it’s definitely not for Chanyeol. Since the kissed, Chanyeol seems extremely happy and clinging more to Jihyo. And its irritates Jihyo a lot. Jihyo rolled her eyes when Chanyeol keeps dancing to his so-not-hot-moves with his towel on his torso in his room. He intentionally open the curtain to let Jihyo see it. “You’re annoying”, Jihyo mouthed the words to Chanyeol. Her morning with coffee at the balcony was never a calm one since that day. Jihyo could see that Chanyeol laugh out loud when she saw Jihyo got irritates. “Oh yeah!”. Mino suddenly pops out in front of Jihyo and dances crazily, following Chanyeol’s moves. L smiles watching the two of them going crazy just to make her happy while rolling himself on Jihyo’s bed. “What are you doing? You’re crazy just like Chan too, right ? Oh, god. Mino! Stop it!”, Jihyo tried to drags Mino out of the balcony but he still doesn’t want to end his crazy dance. Chanyeol laughs again when he saw Jihyo and Mino bickering with each other. 

Suddenly, all of his friends come into his room, after hearing the loud noise from his room. “Yaa! Chanyeol-ah! What are you doing?!”, Baekhyun, Tao and Chen comes closer to Chanyeol with an evil smile on their faces. ‘Uh-oh. This is not looking good’. “Don’t come near me! Or I’ll kill you!” Chanyeol starts to act. He knows that these guys are up to something. The three of them quickly run towards Chanyeol and hold his towel, trying to take off his towel. “NO! Help me! “ Chanyeol is desperately holding onto his towel so that these naughty boys didn’t get his towel. The other boys watch them and laugh hysterically. Some even cheer them on and some asks the boys to stop teasing Chanyeol. Jihyo watches them in dibelief, but she keeps her face calm. Mino stops dancing and laughs out loud after he saw the guys next door trying to take off his hyung’s towel off him. Yeah. He do remember Chan and Suho but he had to pretend, just like his sister did. L also laughs seeing the guys’ behaviour. ‘You guys really take good care of my Jihyo’, L speaks in his mind. “Yah. Yah. Stop it. Poor Chanyeol”, Suho finally steps in after Chanyeol pleads him non-stop. Suho then closes the curtain and waves to Jihyo and the two kids. Mino waves back to him while Jihyo flashed a small smile to Suho before the curtain completely blocks her sight from EXO. She let out a soft chuckle when she saw a glimpse of them through the curtain, still trying to take off Chanyeol’s towel off him and how D.O and Suho trying to control all of them. 

“I love seeing you smile, noona”, Mino hugs Jihyo from behind while Jihyo is still sitting on her comfy chair. Mino smiles sweetly while tilting his head to look at Jihyo’s face. Jihyo closes her eyes, enjoying the calm moment in her brother’s hug. She smiles when the faces of EXOs’ suddenly creeps into her mind. Although she loves calmness, but she also loves fun and excitement. “Yah. Why do you have to act childish just now? It’s so cheap!”, Jihyo pretends to be mad to Mino but Mino just laughs. “ Is it wrong, noona ? I’m still a baby, in your eyes, right?”, Mino makes his so-cute-face that Jihyo couldn’t resist. “Knock it off Mino-yah. I’m going to throw up”, L suddenly stood besides Mino and pokes Mino’s head playfully. “Eyyy hyung... I’m a baby to you too, right?”, Mino leans his face closer to L but Jihyo pushes Mino’s face quickly, away from L. “That’s disgusting”, Jihyo rolled her eyes to Mino. “Arrrgghhh!! I love you guys to death!!”, Mino suddenly shouts and hugs the two persons in front of him. Jihyo and L shout to him to let them go but Mino ignores their shouts. Then, they give up and hug each other. Three of them feels the comforts and loves in the hug, and stays in the hug for a long time. Suho watches them from his room, with a smile on his face. ‘I’m glad you’re happy Jihyo’. Chanyeol also watches them from his room. ‘It’s nice seeing you smile Jihyo’. Without their knowing, the others are also watching the three of them from their own room, with a warm smile plastered on their face. ‘You’re born to smile, Jihyo-ah’.

It’s 10 o’clock in the morning. Jihyo’s house is calm and quiet. The three of them are busy practising with their new weapons through the simulation. Having L in the house is a huge lucky for Jihyo. He easily build the simulation room in the basement for them to practise. “Hello babe”, Junmyeon comes out of nowhere, hugs Jihyo from behind when she was about to shoot the terrorists on the screen. L and Mino smile watching Junmyeon having fun teasing Jihyo. Junmyeon gives a peck on Jihyo’s cheek purposely to distract Jihyo’s attention but Jihyo is a one tough girl. She calmly shoot them precisely on their heads and score a perfect 100%. She turns to Junmyeon and gives a smile of victory. “Your distraction isn’t working on me, Kim Junmyeon-si”,Jihyo walks to the table and put The Eyes and Sniper 324 on it. L and Mino laugh when Junmyeon pouts because his plan is not working. “Jun-ah, you’ve got to try harder if you want to catch her attention”, L pats Junmyeon’s shoulder, giving him strength. “Hyung, you’re so cheap”, Mino laughs after he said the words. “I really really hate you guys”, Junmyeon playfully kicks and punches them. Jihyo smiles watching her dongsaeng and her two bestfriends having fun together. She still remember how awkward was at first when L met Junmyeon for the first time. 

flashback

The three of them are at the basement, as always, practising with their weapons and skills. L went to the Observation Room to test out the new The Eyes that he had touch up with the latest technology he invented. Mino is resting on the sofa for a while after getting yelled from his noona for not practising for two days. He was having a three hours long of non-stop practising as the punishment. “YAA SONG MINOO!! WAKE UP RIGHT NOW! YOU’RE JUST PRACTISING FOR A FREAKING THREE HOURS AND YOU ALREADY RESTING? WHAT A JOKE. YOU LITT-“, Jihyo couldn’t’ finish her words when suddenly she felt like someone hugs her from behind. “I miss you”, Junmmyeon whispers to her ears. “ Me too, Junmyeon”. She turns to face Junmyeon and hugs him tightly. She felt lost when suddenly the EXO members didn’t talk to her like always, including Junmyeon. He was her bestfriend so she was hurt when Junmyeon ignores her too. “I miss you too, hyung”, Mino suddenly hugs them too. It’s really hard for him to control himself from being friendly with Junmyeon. He was longing to have fun with Junmyeon and Chanyeol like they used to be but he had no chance to get closer to Junmyeon and he knows that he can’t be any closer to Chanyeol. Those two are like real brother to him, just like L. 

“I’m sorry Mino. For not greeting you earlier. I was absorbed in the boys’ acting. I was actually feeling jealous with L too you know”, the three break the hugs and sat on the sofa. “Yah! He’s a brother for me. He’s like our protector. I guess you were the one who protects Jihyo when she was here at first right? Oh wait. Hung, you’re not jealous because L hyung is close to me, right? You’re jealous because he’s with Jihyo noona all the time. Am I right?”, Mino raises his left eyebrow and smile meaningfully. “Stop it you little brat! You’re a kid. You shouldn’t interfere

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter